Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Manny

Wild Seafood-Jessup

9 posts in this topic

Knowing I had to go to Columbia this week, I jumped on a Groupon that offered $25 worth of Wild Seafood's product for $14.  They will check your ID at the guard station. Once inside, it's a fresh seafood lover paradise. You can buy fish whole or already cut up. I bought some rock, tuna and rainbow trout. I never knew tuna could be so big. The prices are high, but it's obvious their fish are fresh. After seeing this place, I doubt I'll ever buy fish from a grocery store or wholesale club again.

Knowing I had to go to Columbia this week, I jumped on a Groupon that offered $25 worth of Wild Seafood's product for $14.  They will check your ID at the guard station. Once inside, it's a fresh seafood lover paradise. You can buy fish whole or already cut up. I bought some rock, tuna and rainbow trout. I never knew tuna could be so big. The prices are high, but it's obvious their fish are fresh. After seeing this place, I doubt I'll ever buy fish from a grocery store or wholesale club again.

Is that the old Frank's Seafood on Assateague Dr. near the truck stop? I used to go there every other weekend for clams and the like. 

Is that the old Frank's Seafood on Assateague Dr. near the truck stop? I used to go there every other weekend for clams and the like. 

It's on Oceano Ave, near the intersection of Assateague Ave. 

Thankfully there's an awesome seafood market close to my house in New Market. Lighthouse Seafood & Deli. We're there at least once a week.

Why do they check your ID?

I am unsure. It's on state property and the security guard at the front gate asked for it.

Yes.

I've gotten my seafood  there for years. Prices are high but the quality of the products and service are 1st rate.

The rockfish turned out incredible. The trout was so-so. Even after freezing them, both tasted fresh. I am really looking forward to the tuna in the near future. Again those tuna steaks are the biggest I have ever seen. I want to put the tuna on the smoker.