8 replies to this topic

#1 Manny

Manny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,310 posts
  • LocationEastern Shore of Maryland

Posted 13 October 2016 - 07:46 PM

Knowing I had to go to Columbia this week, I jumped on a Groupon that offered $25 worth of Wild Seafood's product for $14.  They will check your ID at the guard station. Once inside, it's a fresh seafood lover paradise. You can buy fish whole or already cut up. I bought some rock, tuna and rainbow trout. I never knew tuna could be so big. The prices are high, but it's obvious their fish are fresh. After seeing this place, I doubt I'll ever buy fish from a grocery store or wholesale club again.

#2 Buford

Buford

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:11 PM

Thanks for the info!

Awesomeness - An unmeasurable amount of awesomenimity something can produce

#3 Sprightly

Sprightly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,544 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 06:14 AM

Knowing I had to go to Columbia this week, I jumped on a Groupon that offered $25 worth of Wild Seafood's product for $14.  They will check your ID at the guard station. Once inside, it's a fresh seafood lover paradise. You can buy fish whole or already cut up. I bought some rock, tuna and rainbow trout. I never knew tuna could be so big. The prices are high, but it's obvious their fish are fresh. After seeing this place, I doubt I'll ever buy fish from a grocery store or wholesale club again.

Is that the old Frank's Seafood on Assateague Dr. near the truck stop? I used to go there every other weekend for clams and the like. 

To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you.

#4 Manny

Manny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,310 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:15 AM

Is that the old Frank's Seafood on Assateague Dr. near the truck stop? I used to go there every other weekend for clams and the like. 

It's on Oceano Ave, near the intersection of Assateague Ave. 

#5 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,851 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 09:19 AM

Why do they check your ID?

#6 Pickle20

Pickle20

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,440 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:29 AM

Thankfully there's an awesome seafood market close to my house in New Market. Lighthouse Seafood & Deli. We're there at least once a week.

#7 Manny

Manny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,310 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:39 AM

Why do they check your ID?

I am unsure. It's on state property and the security guard at the front gate asked for it.

#8 VOSA

VOSA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,931 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 02:06 PM

Yes.

I've gotten my seafood  there for years. Prices are high but the quality of the products and service are 1st rate.

#9 Manny

Manny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,310 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 08:47 PM

The rockfish turned out incredible. The trout was so-so. Even after freezing them, both tasted fresh. I am really looking forward to the tuna in the near future. Again those tuna steaks are the biggest I have ever seen. I want to put the tuna on the smoker.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users