Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheGuru

Baltimore Area Basketball 2016-17

810 posts in this topic

Well the one Decatur transfer to SFA is Henry, the football player who's hurt. He won't be playing for them this year.

Correct.

Who is even coaching McD? They got some good young talent and can shoot the lights out but wonder if they can bring it together.

I inquired about the Gilman transfer(didn't even know he was there until you told me although I saw him at the CHC game) they said, watch out!! Apparently the kid is on the UK junior team and had everybody after him to play in the states. Picked Gilman because his Aunt is some doctor here in America and has one of her practices in the area. They said he will definitely be one of the best players in the state this year. Won't matter, because Gilman has Daly as a coach still. Why the hell didn't they hire Gately after McD let him go is mind boogling. Also heard Diego wanted to leave Dunbar and coach there.

I knew the U.K. transfer was the real deal. The best ever.

Btw, CHC freshman Justin Lewis was one of 50+ players invited to USA Basketball's Junior National Team Developmental camp in Colorado Springs, Colorado last month. Evidently he's the real deal and may be the best ever to lace them up at Calvert Hall.

On another note, I want to change that case of beer from Blue Moon to Negra Modelo. Had some yesterday. Damn good stuff!????????????????

Edited by TheGuru

I knew the U.K. transfer was the real deal. The best ever.

On anther note, I want to change that case of beer from Blue Moon to Negra Modelo. Had some yesterday. Damn good stuff!

Ok, good pick! Will have it for you at the tailgate.

So CHC got McNeil, I had heard he was going to Loyola.

You musta forgot. I told you over the summer. That kid didn't want to waste his talent at Blakefield. What a hoops wasteland.

I hear Dulaney will win the title this year. Friend of mine says they have the best player in the state.

That friend wouldn't be his father, would it?????

You musta forgot. I told you over the summer. That kid didn't want to waste his talent at Blakefield. What a hoops wasteland.

That's right, you did tell me that. CHC is going to be serious trouble in two years if you guys can keep those guys from leaving the city.

That's right, you did tell me that. CHC is going to be serious trouble in two years if you guys can keep those guys from leaving the city.

Combine last years 31-0 jv team with this years freshman class MSJ will be loaded for the next 4 years.

JC will be good Nate Roberts 6'11 junior

ESPN, 247Sports, Scout.com and Future150.com all have Roberts listed between 6-7 to 6-8. That's a far cry from 6-11. Nevertheless, saw his highlights from the 2016 Alhambra and he is impressive. Runs the floor well, finishes with both hands and has nice mid-range jumper. Hope JC has a bench around their Big 3.

Let the kid at least lace them up before beginning the conversation on being the best ever at Calvert Hall -

A lot to put on a 9th grader. Way too soon to compare him to Duane Ferrell, who was the best freshman player that I ever watched.

Best freshman ever was Coffee Black from Pentalou Heights.....later starred for the Flint Tropics

Combine last years 31-0 jv team with this years freshman class MSJ will be loaded for the next 4 years.

I think this year's ninth grade Class has the potential to be one of the best Bmore has ever had.

Justin Lewis already has an offer from Georgia Tech, as a freshman.  I'm old school, but I like my freshman to play JV and use the year to develop.  I believe Lewis is only 14 too, so he may need a little time.

JC has the best 1-2 punch in the league with Quickley and Mathis.  Both high major players.

Longpre best big man in the area.  Kid is a nice pick up for St. Joe's.

CHC holiday tourney is in San Diego, California.  Don't know which tournament yet.

I put the JC combo slightly ahead of MSJ combo because IQ and MM are more complete players.  Sticks and Morsell are also high major players, but Sticks is still coming into his own.  He has an extremely high ceiling, but I don't think he's peaked just yet.  To me, the JC combo will pose a greater scoring threat.  Clatchy needs to let Sticks play more this year.  Let him play through mistakes.  Hopefully he will now that he's an upperclassman.  

The eyes are watching Baltimore Basketball again and for so many damn good reasonsssssss.

Good luck to all. This will be a fun season to watch.

I put the JC combo slightly ahead of MSJ combo because IQ and MM are more complete players. Sticks and Morsell are also high major players, but Sticks is still coming into his own. He has an extremely high ceiling, but I don't think he's peaked just yet. To me, the JC combo will pose a greater scoring threat. Clatchy needs to let Sticks play more this year. Let him play through mistakes. Hopefully he will now that he's an upperclassman.

I do too, slightly. Both are great 1-2 combos. Quickley will visit UVA this weekend, after Midnight Madness' trips to Kentucky and Kansas, and visits with Georgetown and Maryland.

Edited by themamba

I put the JC combo slightly ahead of MSJ combo because IQ and MM are more complete players.  Sticks and Morsell are also high major players, but Sticks is still coming into his own.  He has an extremely high ceiling, but I don't think he's peaked just yet.  To me, the JC combo will pose a greater scoring threat.  Clatchy needs to let Sticks play more this year.  Let him play through mistakes.  Hopefully he will now that he's an upperclassman.

You're right on. Sticks has to prove it this year. So far, he hasn't shown that he's a Top 20 player like his ranking says. Not saying he won't, just that he has to prove it in the high school setting.

It depends on who they put around 6-6 freshman G Che Evans. Definitely looking forward to seeing him.

I don't follow area Bball as much as most of you all, but I heard Che was held back twice in grade school and is at least 15 entering high school. I just know I was finishing up my sophomore year of JV basketball when I was still 15. Just curious if he is really as old as I have heard. 

The eyes are watching Baltimore Basketball again and for so many damn good reasonsssssss.

Good luck to all. This will be a fun season to watch.

No doubt about this!  Anyone who knows Bmore basketball isn't what it used to be needs to pay attention this year.  The town is LOADED with high major talent.  Just off the top of my head in no particular order:

Immanuel - JC

Mathis - JC

Adams - CHC

Lewis - CHC

Longpre - GCS

Morsell - MSJ

Sticks - MSJ

Rafus - LC

Evans - Dulaney

Locke - McD

And many more....Should be a great year to get out and watch the talent!

I don't follow area Bball as much as most of you all, but I heard Che was held back twice in grade school and is at least 15 entering high school. I just know I was finishing up my sophomore year of JV basketball when I was still 15. Just curious if he is really as old as I have heard.

If he was held back twice(which he wasn't), he would be 16 or older not 15. He was reclassed once.

No doubt about this!  Anyone who knows Bmore basketball isn't what it used to be needs to pay attention this year.  The town is LOADED with high major talent.  Just off the top of my head in no particular order:

Immanuel - JC

Mathis - JC

Adams - CHC

Lewis - CHC

Longpre - GCS

Morsell - MSJ

Sticks - MSJ

Rafus - LC

Evans - Dulaney

Locke - McD

And many more....Should be a great year to get out and watch the talent!

You can't leave Marvin Price off this list. Price can ball and is a scoring machine.

According to his handler, Che is not eligible for next year's 16U USA basketball. So that means he's older then 16 as of 12/31/2017 per FIBA international rules. In order to not qualify he turns 17 anytime during the year of 2017.

You have a habit of talking about others you don't like but not know the facts on the ones you like.