Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheGuru

Baltimore Area Basketball 2016-17

803 posts in this topic

According to his handler, Che is not eligible for next year's 16U USA basketball. So that means he's older then 16 as of 12/31/2017 per FIBA international rules. In order to not qualify he turns 17 anytime during the year of 2017.

You have a habit of talking about others you don't like but not know the facts on the ones you like.

What does that have to do with anything? You're not very smart are you? Most kids start high school at 14 and if they have a late birthday(after September) turn 15 during their first semester of high school. I don't know Che's Birthday and don't know anything about his handler, but grew up with both his father, Big Che Gotti and uncle Kwame. Still very good friends with both. I'm told by people who would know, that he's only been re-classed once. He very well could have a late birthday and then re-classed.

Let the kid at least lace them up before beginning the conversation on being the best ever at Calvert Hall -

A lot to put on a 9th grader. Way too soon to compare him to Duane Ferrell, who was the best freshman player that I ever watched.

I was spouting GA-speak. It was an inside joke. However I saw Duane Ferrell practice and play for three years, too. I wouldn't do that to Lewis.

Justin Lewis already has an offer from Georgia Tech, as a freshman. I'm old school, but I like my freshman to play JV and use the year to develop. I believe Lewis is only 14 too, so he may need a little time.

JC has the best 1-2 punch in the league with Quickley and Mathis. Both high major players.

Longpre best big man in the area. Kid is a nice pick up for St. Joe's.

CHC holiday tourney is in San Diego, California. Don't know which tournament yet.

Could be the San Diego Surf 'n Slam tournament. Last year's tournament had 30 boys teams from around the country playing in four different brackets and 12 girls squads in two brackets.

You must be from C Hall with that bs logic MIAA

I agree. If the freshman is better than the upperclassman then he should start. The name of the game is putting in the kid that best helps you win. Not that old-fashioned CHC "politics".

I'm 100% most concerned for a 14 year old kid that shouldn't have to have a ton of pressure on him during his first year in hs. Trust me, it's a discussion I've had With his AAU coach, who discusses it w his parents. Coach jb is a good guy and will do what's best for his team but especially for each student athlete.

I'm 100% most concerned for a 14 year old kid that shouldn't have to have a ton of pressure on him during his first year in hs. Trust me, it's a discussion I've had With his AAU coach, who discusses it w his parents. Coach jb is a good guy and will do what's best for his team but especially for each student athlete.

Pressure?Nobody is expecting Lewis & McNeil to dominate as freshmen, just rebound, block shots and play defense which is something that CHC lacked last year.

Could be the San Diego Surf 'n Slam tournament. Last year's tournament had 30 boys teams from around the country playing in four different brackets and 12 girls squads in two brackets.

Is that the UA sponsored one that St. Frances was in. I went last year and it was great.

Is that the UA sponsored one that St. Frances was in. I went last year and it was great.

No, according to their website no Maryland team has ever competed in their tournament.

Saw the Governor's Challenge schedule was released. Some local schools competing include:

Milford Mill, Frederick Douglass, McDonogh, John Carroll, Theodore Roosevelt (DC), Aberdeen, New Town, Edmondson & Capital Christian. The tournament is being held 12/27-12/30 at the Wicomico Civic Center.

ESPN, 247Sports, Scout.com and Future150.com all have Roberts listed between 6-7 to 6-8. That's a far cry from 6-11. Nevertheless, saw his highlights from the 2016 Alhambra and he is impressive. Runs the floor well, finishes with both hands and has nice mid-range jumper. Hope JC has a bench around their Big 3.

well wait til the season kicks off then you tell me. He's 6'11

According to his twitter, Andre Rafus has re-opened his recruitment.  Kid posted this long countdown on his final list of colleges, final 15, final 7, etc..., but has apparently lost a bunch of offers in the process:

https://twitter.com/cantstoprafus?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

If kids read this, for the love of God, be careful what you put on social media.  The colleges don't care if you post about them, and doing so can only really hurt your prospects.  Plus you come off looking like a me-first guy.

Che Evans received an offer from UNLV yesterday. I believe that's now three offers for Evans before he even has a high school practice.

How and why is he playing at Dulaney

Was at Loyola but parents demanded that he start on varsity as a freshman and Loyola was not willing to make that kind of guarantee. Good for them

Was at Loyola but parents demanded that he start on varsity as a freshman and Loyola was not willing to make that kind of guarantee. Good for them

Che would start at every school in the area. Makes no sense that he wouldn't be starting at Loyola. I never heard that he was actually at Loyola, I mean I never asked his dad when I last talked to him, so not saying it isn't true. Wasn't following his situation very closely.

I heard the same thing went down at Poly. I guess Dulaney was willing to make that guarantee.