Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheGuru

Baltimore Area Basketball 2016-17

810 posts in this topic

TheGuru said....saw one game in person, got the rest of my info from the internet. LOL

You got on first team players who got beat by players on second team, sometimes several times.The top players with the best records go on 1st team. 

Player of the year is up for debate since from what I heard there are 3 that made the final cut. Each deserving.

Your list was a homer list when you showed no respect to what Price accomplished and your comments are still homer comments because they continue to do the same.

I have no horse in the race, think the player of the year will be someone different then who you state but that's your opinion and minds..

Only homers would put players on the 1st team that won nothing, didn't have a winning season over others who did plus outperformed them.

Your comments were flawed once you put Price on 2nd team, then went into attacking kids for the school they attend. Clueless.

Edited by hoopsfan2016

The kid, and his family, are named Mungo, not Mungro.

I'd have Price on the 1st team, over one of the JC guards (I'd go to the JC coach on this), based on his whole body of work this season.

Books have nothing to do with All-Metro, never has. The have All-Academic teams for that.

I appreciate the list, and other than switching Price, I'd have the same 12. No one really ever has their own ideas on here, so they just critique others original thought or opinion.

The kid, and his family, are named Mungo, not Mungro.

I'd have Price on the 1st team, over one of the JC guards (I'd go to the JC coach on this), based on his whole body of work this season.

Books have nothing to do with All-Metro, never has. The have All-Academic teams for that.

I appreciate the list, and other than switching Price, I'd have the same 12. No one really ever has their own ideas on here, so they just critique others original thought or opinion.

Thanks for telling us what his family's name is(which it isn't, it's Dinkins) what would I know? With my brother having a child with his mom's first cousin and all. You know a whole lot about people you never met before.

Thanks for telling us what his family's name is(which it isn't, it's Dinkins) what would I know? With my brother having a child with his mom's first cousin and all. You know a whole lot about people you never met before.

I knew his mother Lakisa way back when. She'll tell you, its Mungo. If you think its Mungro, thats fine.

Who is us, you and your other handles? You always say that.

Be objective by throwing your bias out door and give credit where credit it is due. Get your credibility weight up. Go watch the games!!!

Problem is is once you take a stand based on supporting your homey, once it changes, you can't change your stand otherwise you look like you don't know what you talking about.

1st team is for winners and the top performers amongst them winners. Not losers and losers who got blown out by second team picks. 1st team is not for hype men or the homeboy hookups.

Be objective by throwing your bias out door and give credit where credit it is due. Get your credibility weight up. Go watch the games!!!

Problem is is once you take a stand based on supporting your homey, once it changes, you can't change your stand otherwise you look like you don't know what you talking about.

1st team is for winners and the top performers amongst them winners. Not losers and losers who got blown out by second team picks. 1st team is not for hype men or the homeboy hookups.

Who are you talking to? Edited by themamba

I knew his mother Lakisa way back when. She'll tell you, its Mungo. If you think its Mungro, thats fine.

Stop it!! You're full of shiit! If you did know his mom, you would know that her name isn't Mungo. Also, weren't you the same person after the first game of the year who said that you had no interest in seeing Patterson play when they lost to St. Frances? Hell, if I knew somebody's family and was right there at the venue, I definitely would want to see her kid play. Aren't you suppose to be Mr. Basketball?

I'm talking the one who put Price on 2nd team who said they don't even watch the games.

Look, I just told you I met Lakisa years ago, Gerard was like 1 or 2. I talked to them at halftime of the Poly game, if you truly want to know. After the MSJ-Poly OT game, I went out to Northeast HS, as I said, to watch Centennial and my nephew beat Meade. I could see just 1 of the 2 games, that is the one I wanted to see. You are the only one that insists on calling me Mr Basketball. I guess I should recipricate the honor, I'll call you, 'I See No Games, Never Do, Just Troll, I'm Lonely'. ISNGNDJTIL, for short.

Edited by themamba

Price

Rafus

Quickley

Perry

Smith

All are first team.

Second team is debatable

Edited by mlf1886

The last 2 years, at least, The Sun has named 10 players to the 1st team, thats it.

If thats the case, I'm going with

Perry

Quickley

Price

Stix

Hardnett

Higgs

Morsell

Rafus

Mathis

Mims or Adams

Price

Morsell

Quickley

Perry

Smith

All are first team.

Second team is debatable

I know it killed him putting them on the 2nd team.  The only reason they're on his 2nd team because they're the MIAA and BCL champs and beat Poly.  If they hadn't have won that they would've been lucky to make his honorable mention list.

True, I haven't seen any of them play this year.

Not only was Patterson undersized in comparison to those other teams, but as you say, Price didn't have the talent around them as the other players on your list did. So the fact that he led them to wins over the other two area State Champs, one where they beat them down, makes for an even stronger case for POY. He's definitely a no brainer First Teamer.

I never said Price didn't have talent around him. I said that my other first team members had to share the ball with another good player like Price with MUNGO.

TheGuru said....saw one game in person, got the rest of my info from the internet. LOL

You got on first team players who got beat by players on second team, sometimes several times.The top players with the best records go on 1st team.

Player of the year is up for debate since from what I heard there are 3 that made the final cut. Each deserving.

Your list was a homer list when you showed no respect to what Price accomplished and your comments are still homer comments because they continue to do the same.

I have no horse in the race, think the player of the year will be someone different then who you state but that's your opinion and minds..

Only homers would put players on the 1st team that won nothing, didn't have a winning season over others who did plus outperformed them.

Your comments were flawed once you put Price on 2nd team, then went into attacking kids for the school they attend. Clueless.

Price is on one of the teams and It's a homer list? I didn't disrespect Price in anyway. You had a problem with Price's place on the second team and you have no horse in the race. Yeah, right! I say you're the homer. How about coming up with your POY and 9 other players.

As for the dig at Patterson, you brought up the books as if my list had players who were not good students. I wonder which player you were talking about?

Edited by TheGuru

I aint putting out no list. I don't have all the facts nor did I see every game.  I'm at least smart enough to know Price should be on first team.

I don't need to prove that I am a internet scout homer who don't watch games.

Guru no reason to take shots at Patterson or Price/Mungo (Not Mungro) for their reason to attend Patterson. Each parent/player has to decide what the best fit is for them. You can make your arguments without taking cheap shots!

Didnt take a cheap shot at Price/MUNGO. I took a shot at Patterson for not preparing Aquille Carr for college. My point is that if books were the determining factor as the other poster wrote, those young men would've stayed at their previous schools.

I aint putting out no list. I don't have all the facts nor did I see every game. I'm at least smart enough to know Price should be on first team.

I don't need to prove that I am a internet scout homer who don't watch games.

You don't see all the games and don't have all the facts but You know beyond a shadow of doubt that Price deserves to be on the 1st team? You're as much a homer as me, then. The Sun could name Price POY or put him on the 1st Team. It still doesn't change my list. Sorry it bothered you so much.

Not bothered at all. But what I do know is .......

1. Price is on the first team and

2. There's a 33% chance your POY is right and 66% chance your POY is wrong.

Didnt take a cheap shot at Price/MUNGO. I took a shot at Patterson for not preparing Aquille Carr for college. My point is that if books were the determining factor as the other poster wrote, those young men would've stayed at their previous schools.

Unless you are in the know with Aquille, Price, or Mungo there is really no reason to say anything about their situations. If you would like to volunteer at Patterson or any other similar schools I'm sure they would love to have you. Stop blaming schools when you obviously are clueless on the topic you are talking about. Be part of the solution not the problem! "Patterson didn't prepare Aquille for college." That's got to be the funniest thing I've heard in a long time!!

Unless you are in the know with Aquille, Price, or Mungo there is really no reason to say anything about their situations. If you would like to volunteer at Patterson or any other similar schools I'm sure they would love to have you. Stop blaming schools when you obviously are clueless on the topic you are talking about. Be part of the solution not the problem! "Patterson didn't prepare Aquille for college." That's got to be the funniest thing I've heard in a long time!!

Not clueless. I just wonder how Carr couldn't meet the minimum requirement to attend Seton Hall. The bulk of the blame falls on Carr's own shoulders. However, there's plenty of blame to go around. His parents/guardians share in this. The teachers that promoted him from elementary to middle to high school are also complicit.

No thanks on the offer to volunteer at Patterson or any other school. Did my time getting my two through twelve years of primary and secondary school into college. Anyway, you're doing a great job without me.

Not clueless. I just wonder how Carr couldn't meet the minimum requirement to attend Seton Hall. The bulk of the blame falls on Carr's own shoulders. However, there's plenty of blame to go around. His parents/guardians share in this. The teachers that promoted him from elementary to middle to high school are also complicit.

No thanks on the offer to volunteer at Patterson or any other school. Did my time getting my two through twelve years of primary and secondary school into college. Anyway, you're doing a great job without me.

I respect that!

So MSJ finishes third in the Baltimore Sun's Area rankings in Basketball, but finishes #1 in the state in the USA today :rolleyes:. I do find it hard to rank a team above MSJ in the area considering they won the MIAA, BCL and runner-up in the Alhambra tourney to a (in some polls) nationally ranked Gonzaga team. I know Perry Hall and Patterson had great years, I just think the level of competition MSJ played along with the number of games played and won, should of made them the #1 choice in the Sun poll as well.

Not to mention MSJ beat 8 teams in the top 25 of the USA today MD stat rankings poll.

For some reason my computer is not allowing me to post the link to the USA today poll, smh.

Edited by Dub

My man Brent, with the #tbt of the day. He has been 'the guy' in HoCo for several years now, when it comes to scholastic sports reporting, but now moves to a larger role with The Sun, expanding his coverage area, and impact. He does a great job with previews, re-caps, interviews, and stats, and ever more importantly, interaction through social media, which has emboldened many more fan bases throughout the county.

#tbt

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/howard/sports/ph-hs-hoco-boys-bball-all-county-players-of-year-20170219-photogallery.html

Edited by themamba