Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheGuru

Baltimore Area Basketball 2016-17

772 posts in this topic

Price is on one of the teams and It's a homer list? I didn't disrespect Price in anyway. You had a problem with Price's place on the second team and you have no horse in the race. Yeah, right! I say you're the homer. How about coming up with your POY and 9 other players.

As for the dig at Patterson, you brought up the books as if my list had players who were not good students. I wonder which player you were talking about?

I know the teams aren't out yet but I'm told that Price will be named POY. I could have bad info though.

MSJ's Jalen Smith was named Gatorade Player of the Year for the State of Maryland today.

MSJ's Jalen Smith was named Gatorade Player of the Year for the State of Maryland today.

Nice!!!

I know the teams aren't out yet but I'm told that Price will be named POY. I could have bad info though.

Both Price and Smith were named Co-Player of the Year:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/high-school/bbasketball/bal-all-metro-boys-basketball-awards-20170323-storygallery.html

But that's not the same as the Gatorade award

Nope...it's not.  But I thought there was a discussion on who should/will win the Metro Player of the Year.

The pro-Marvin Price camp should be excited that the Sun named him co-player of the year. Congrats to him. That Montez Mathis wasn't named to one of the teams is a joke, though. The Sun likely added Anne Arundel, Carroll and Harford County kids who were not as dynamic or talented as Mathis to be inclusive. I also think Poly's Brand deserved the COY award over Patterson's Martin. At the least, Martin already had a state championship on his resume.

The pro-Marvin Price camp should be excited that the Sun named him co-player of the year. Congrats to him. That Montez Mathis wasn't named to one of the teams is a joke, though. The Sun likely added Anne Arundel, Carroll and Harford County kids who were not as dynamic or talented as Mathis to be inclusive. I also think Poly's Brand deserved the COY award over Patterson's Martin. At the least, Martin already had a state championship on his resume.

Patterson had a better record, ranked higher and played with a bunch of new starters and led by two sophomores getting their first real varsity experience. I think Martin being COY was much more obvious than Price being POY.

Agree with you about Mathias. Complete joke that he wasn't on either of the teams. Argument could be made that he had a better year than Quickley.

Patterson had a better record, ranked higher and played with a bunch of new starters and led by two sophomores getting their first real varsity experience. I think Martin being COY was much more obvious than Price being POY.

Agree with you about Mathias. Complete joke that he wasn't on either of the teams. Argument could be made that he had a better year than Quickley.

Completely agree regarding Mathis.  Kid is one of the best players in the state, let alone Bmore.  The Sun tries to appear to be all inclusive by including kids that won't play High Major D1 hoops.  Mathis is a sure fire HM player, holding a slew of HM offers already.

People often talk about the Golden Age of Baltimore hoops, but I'll argue that across the board, there's as much talent in our high schools as ever.  Huge crop of D1 talent and more in the pipeline

Poly was a basketball wasteland before '15-'16 and Patterson wasn't. That's my only argument.

Gilman's basketballl head coach position is now open. GA, you gonna apply?

Gilman's basketballl head coach position is now open. GA, you gonna apply?

Lol, no! Thank God they're doing something finally. Daly, nice guy but not a basketball coach. They're cleaning house over there.

GA, 

Ewing went back to his Alma Mater to right the ship. A legend goes back and makes things right. You know hoops, had game, Make Gilman Great Again. Sounds familiar, not sure where I heard it but has a ring to it.

Chris Mullin to St. John's, Ewing to Georgetown, you to Gilman, things go in threes. It's time for a legend to return, 

North Point guard Jalen Gibbs ('17 28.2 ppg) has committed to Drake.

Brendan Adams continuing to show why he's racking up offers.

https://twitter.com/ayalewadam/status/848580638961799168

Justin Lewis and Montez McNeil are also doing work with the Team Melo 15U in the EYBL. From Team Melo's twitter account:

TeamMelo15uEYBL defeats E1T1 72-66. Tyler Brelsford w 34pts 8 Asst @jusbuckets_5 w 20pts 12 rebs & MontezMcNeil w 14pts 7 rebs.

Both Lewis (@jusbuckets_5) and McNeil are showing that they should be in the starting lineup for Calvert Hall this upcoming season and never come out.

Will Bartz from Indian Creek is the new Gilman basketball coach

7 hours ago, miaasportsfan said:

Will Bartz from Indian Creek is the new Gilman basketball coach

Good to have an Alum as Head Coach and from what I'm told, he's a hell of a Coach. Not sure how he will recruit though. Not that Daly was a good recruiter, hopefully they still have their main recruiters there. 

Quickley Final 4:

Kentucky

Kansas

Maryland

Miami

Maryland also offered McDonogh's Noah Locke, and Rock Creek Christian forward Jermaine Harris.