Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheGuru

Baltimore Area Basketball 2016-17

810 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, TheGuru said:

I already knew that former CHC Cardinal Josh Cornish is now at Dulaney and incoming 6'9" freshman forward Adam Walden decided to go to school in Howard County instead.  However, just saw a tweet that rising SO F Justin Lewis is transferring to Poly also.  Good luck to them all.  SMDH!  CHC could have been one of the best teams in the state this upcoming season.

These kids are being misguided by their greedy AAU handlers.  Leaving CHC for dulaney or poly makes zero sense.  Leaving a great school and the best league in town for greener pastures?  Dumb move in my opinion.  

19 hours ago, miaasportsfan said:

These kids are being misguided by their greedy AAU handlers.  Leaving CHC for dulaney or poly makes zero sense.  Leaving a great school and the best league in town for greener pastures?  Dumb move in my opinion.  

It makes perfect sense for Cornish to go to Dulaney.  He gets to play with his brother, FR F Ike Cornish and SO G Che Evans.  Plus, his parents don't have to pay that CHC tuition anymore.  What is it now, $15K-$16K a year?

The Lewis move can probably be explained as a financial decision, also. Poly is a very good academic school so he's not sacrificing much academically.

Either way, the loss of Lewis, Cornish and Walden makes it almost certain that MSJ will win the MIAA/BCL this upcoming season.

Marvin Price to Huntington Prep (WV).

Tomorrow, Quickley commits to Kentucky. 

36 minutes ago, themamba said:

Tomorrow, Quickley commits to Kentucky. 

Is that your professional guess or 100 percent 

According to my sources, 100%, despite some noise saying otherwise. I guess anything could happen, like Lids being out of blue UK hats, without the bird on it.

19 minutes ago, themamba said:

According to my sources, 100%, despite some noise saying otherwise. I guess anything could happen, like Lids being out of blue UK hats, without the bird on it.

Then if i win this bet you get half of the case lol

16 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

My main man mamba 

gracias

No problem.

16 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

My main man mamba 

gracias

I was at the Howard/Reservoir game when the alert came on my cell....and the 1st person I thought about was Mamba, coming through with the prediction.