Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheGuru

Baltimore Area Basketball 2016-17

810 posts in this topic

According to his twitter, Andre Rafus has re-opened his recruitment. Kid posted this long countdown on his final list of colleges, final 15, final 7, etc..., but has apparently lost a bunch of offers in the process:

https://twitter.com/cantstoprafus?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

If kids read this, for the love of God, be careful what you put on social media. The colleges don't care if you post about them, and doing so can only really hurt your prospects. Plus you come off looking like a me-first guy.

Go to Bleacher Report and read the recruiting pages for both football and basketball. All the kids are doing what I saw posted on his Twitter page. I didn't scroll down as far as you did but what I saw was nothing to comment about. Rafus will be all-city and all-metro and he will play for a big time school no matter what you think about him or his Twitter page.

Was at Loyola but parents demanded that he start on varsity as a freshman and Loyola was not willing to make that kind of guarantee. Good for them

What I mean is reading his bio says he lives 5 min from Dunbar so how is he playing at Dulaney

What I mean is reading his bio says he lives 5 min from Dunbar so how is he playing at Dulaney

Dulaney and Perry Hall are looking pretty strong

Edited by BJC

Montez McNeil is the one who left Loyola for CHC, not Che. Che left Poly after not starting in a summer league game, goes to Dulaney where he has guarantees. Not sure Che could have played for Sam at Poly, he is no nonsense and doesn't cave to parents.

well wait til the season kicks off then you tell me. He's 6'11

I'm not sure that he'll let a complete stranger put a measuring tape to him without his shoes on. I'll take your word for it.

Sho can you tell me how a kid who's bio says he lives 5min from Dunbar is playing at Dulaney though?

Dulaney and Perry Hall are looking pretty strong

I saw Perry Hall beat Poly in a very entertaining game up on Northern Parkway last season. Did the entire team comeback except Wiseman who I think was a senior?

Sho can you tell me how a kid who's bio says he lives 5min from Dunbar is playing at Dulaney though?

Maybe his parents moved on up, JB Bunker?

Guru you make every question someone makes on here out to be racist. I don't care if a kid is white,black or green. Ask a question get a stupid racist comment from you. I know plenty of kids in different areas who would like to go to different schools but aren't allowed to because not in area or live in city. If you are going to allow kids to go to a school because he is a good athlete them let every kid pick what school they want to go to. Now tell me funny guy is that racist or are you

I saw Perry Hall beat Poly in a very entertaining game up on Northern Parkway last season. Did the entire team comeback except Wiseman who I think was a senior?

Yes

Guru you make every question someone makes on here out to be racist. I don't care if a kid is white,black or green. Ask a question get a stupid racist comment from you. I know plenty of kids in different areas who would like to go to different schools but aren't allowed to because not in area or live in city. If you are going to allow kids to go to a school because he is a good athlete them let every kid pick what school they want to go to. Now tell me funny guy is that racist or are you

JB, your hard on for SFA is evident. You may hate Poggi but I've never read about you advocating for GIlman to leave the MIAA like you've done for SFA. Next you call out a kid for posting that he lives near Eastside Prep and now attends a school in Baltimore County without using common sense. His family could have moved or atelative lives in Dulaney's school district. By your question it seems that you don't think black folks could live near Dulaney. Unfortunately the common denominator in this IS the ethnicity of the kids in question. So please keep flicking your stacked deck race cards at me. I been dealing with covert and overt racism my entire life. I can handle Trumpkins like you. Edited by TheGuru

Your the one throwing race cards. If you could read I never said I wanted SFA to leave the MIAA. I said the school is supposed to be a haven for East Baltimore kids who want a private school education. Now why don't you tell me how many East Baltimore kids are on that roster over there Mr Guru. And as for them leaving that was said by someone involved with the program. And guess what I have been dealing with racism my whole life also!!!

Your the one throwing race cards. If you could read I never said I wanted SFA to leave the MIAA. I said the school is supposed to be a haven for East Baltimore kids who want a private school education. Now why don't you tell me how many East Baltimore kids are on that roster over there Mr Guru. And as for them leaving that was said by someone involved with the program. And guess what I have been dealing with racism my whole life also!!!

Does Calvert Hall or Loyola have rosters stocked with Towson kids only. Does GIlman have a roster filled with Roland Park kids. Does McDonogh have a roster inundated with Owings Mills natives. The answer is HELL NO! So why is it a problem for the only predominately black institution in BCL/MIAA? There were more than any one SFA insider calling for SFA to leave the league. Pay attention to the subtle nuances of what people are posting.

Get off your high horse JB Mad. If you're a white guy, blacks must have held you down, right? If you're a Latino of European descent then you're talking out the side of your neck like Marco Rubio or Ted Cruz. If you're a dark-skinned Latino then you're in the same boat as black Americans. Are you sure whether you're the victim of racism or prejudice? Learn the difference.