#21 themamba

themamba

@aka_themamba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationWorldwide

Posted 21 October 2016 - 07:43 AM

Longpre committed to St Josephs 2 weeks ago, while Dre Perry (Poly) committed to Temple.

I agree with Guru, Dulaney will need to add pieces around the freshman, as he alone certainly won't guarantee a 4A title.

Rafus may have the biggest impact of all the transfers, and with him at Lake, the re-load at Patterson, the City League gets even more interesting. Poly, after getting side-swiped by Woodlawn in last years playoffs, looks to earn its first state title, having made its first and only Final 4 appearance in '13.

The North Point transfer to St Frances, Travis Williams, is a Howard commit. The 2 Decatur transfers doesn't include the Seahawks Wofford commit, Keve Aluma.

In HoCo, there will be no state favorites. Long Reach, who returns its top 2 players, and Centennial (3 Final 4's in the last 6 years - 3A state title in '15), should be the 2 slight favorites, with Glenelg and Reservoir filling in the top 4. Oakland Mills lost their entire starting 5 from a year ago, and will be a work in progress. Hammond also lost its top 4 players.

#22 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,129 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 07:58 AM

Back to basketball. Here's my way to early MIAA/BCL order of finish:
MSJ
JC
CHC
Pallotti
McDonogh
GCS
SFA
Mount Carmel
Goretti
Gilman
Spalding
Boys Latin
Loyola

Who is even coaching McD? They got some good young talent and can shoot the lights out but wonder if they can bring it together.

I inquired about the Gilman transfer(didn't even know he was there until you told me although I saw him at the CHC game) they said, watch out!! Apparently the kid is on the UK junior team and had everybody after him to play in the states. Picked Gilman because his Aunt is some doctor here in America and has one of her practices in the area. They said he will definitely be one of the best players in the state this year. Won't matter, because Gilman has Daly as a coach still. Why the hell didn't they hire Gately after McD let him go is mind boogling. Also heard Diego wanted to leave Dunbar and coach there.

#23 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,129 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:01 AM

Longpre committed to St Josephs 2 weeks ago, while Dre Perry (Poly) committed to Temple.
I agree with Guru, Dulaney will need to add pieces around the freshman, as he alone certainly won't guarantee a 4A title.
Rafus may have the biggest impact of all the transfers, and with him at Lake, the re-load at Patterson, the City League gets even more interesting. Poly, after getting side-swiped by Woodlawn in last years playoffs, looks to earn its first state title, having made its first and only Final 4 appearance in '13.
The North Point transfer to St Frances, Travis Williams, is a Howard commit. The 2 Decatur transfers doesn't include the Seahawks Wofford commit, Keve Aluma.
In HoCo, there will be no state favorites. Long Reach, who returns its top 2 players, and Centennial (3 Final 4's in the last 6 years - 3A state title in '15), should be the 2 slight favorites, with Glenelg and Reservoir filling in the top 4. Oakland Mills lost their entire starting 5 from a year ago, and will be a work in progress. Hammond also lost its top 4 players.

Well the one Decatur transfer to SFA is Henry, the football player who's hurt. He won't be playing for them this year.

#24 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:08 AM

The other is probably Williams the other football transfer

#25 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,129 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:16 AM

The other is probably Williams the other football transfer

The other is a football player, McKenzie.

#26 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:18 AM

My bad that's who I meant

#27 themamba

themamba

@aka_themamba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationWorldwide

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:19 AM

Well the one Decatur transfer to SFA is Henry, the football player who's hurt. He won't be playing for them this year.

Correct.

#28 TheGuru

TheGuru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,699 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:30 AM

Who is even coaching McD? They got some good young talent and can shoot the lights out but wonder if they can bring it together.

I inquired about the Gilman transfer(didn't even know he was there until you told me although I saw him at the CHC game) they said, watch out!! Apparently the kid is on the UK junior team and had everybody after him to play in the states. Picked Gilman because his Aunt is some doctor here in America and has one of her practices in the area. They said he will definitely be one of the best players in the state this year. Won't matter, because Gilman has Daly as a coach still. Why the hell didn't they hire Gately after McD let him go is mind boogling. Also heard Diego wanted to leave Dunbar and coach there.

I knew the U.K. transfer was the real deal. The best ever.

Btw, CHC freshman Justin Lewis was one of 50+ players invited to USA Basketball's Junior National Team Developmental camp in Colorado Springs, Colorado last month. Evidently he's the real deal and may be the best ever to lace them up at Calvert Hall.

On another note, I want to change that case of beer from Blue Moon to Negra Modelo. Had some yesterday. Damn good stuff!🍺🍺🍺🍺

Edited by TheGuru, 21 October 2016 - 10:49 AM.

#29 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,129 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:54 AM

I knew the U.K. transfer was the real deal. The best ever.
On anther note, I want to change that case of beer from Blue Moon to Negra Modelo. Had some yesterday. Damn good stuff!

Ok, good pick! Will have it for you at the tailgate.

#30 TheGuru

TheGuru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,699 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:38 AM

So CHC got McNeil, I had heard he was going to Loyola.

You musta forgot. I told you over the summer. That kid didn't want to waste his talent at Blakefield. What a hoops wasteland.

#31 TheGuru

TheGuru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,699 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:42 AM

I hear Dulaney will win the title this year. Friend of mine says they have the best player in the state.

That friend wouldn't be his father, would it?πŸ˜‰

#32 mrniceguy

mrniceguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:15 AM

JC will be good Nate Roberts 6'11 junior

#33 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,129 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:38 AM

You musta forgot. I told you over the summer. That kid didn't want to waste his talent at Blakefield. What a hoops wasteland.

That's right, you did tell me that. CHC is going to be serious trouble in two years if you guys can keep those guys from leaving the city.

#34 RM7

RM7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 12:05 PM

That's right, you did tell me that. CHC is going to be serious trouble in two years if you guys can keep those guys from leaving the city.

Combine last years 31-0 jv team with this years freshman class MSJ will be loaded for the next 4 years.

#35 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 12:07 PM

Nate Roberts, sane guy who played qb at SFA as a freshman

#36 TheGuru

TheGuru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,699 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 12:14 PM

JC will be good Nate Roberts 6'11 junior

ESPN, 247Sports, Scout.com and Future150.com all have Roberts listed between 6-7 to 6-8. That's a far cry from 6-11. Nevertheless, saw his highlights from the 2016 Alhambra and he is impressive. Runs the floor well, finishes with both hands and has nice mid-range jumper. Hope JC has a bench around their Big 3.

#37 BMORE79

BMORE79

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 12:43 PM

Let the kid at least lace them up before beginning the conversation on being the best ever at Calvert Hall -

A lot to put on a 9th grader. Way too soon to compare him to Duane Ferrell, who was the best freshman player that I ever watched.

#38 Murph

Murph

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 12:57 PM

Best freshman ever was Coffee Black from Pentalou Heights.....later starred for the Flint Tropics

#39 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,129 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 01:04 PM

Combine last years 31-0 jv team with this years freshman class MSJ will be loaded for the next 4 years.

I think this year's ninth grade Class has the potential to be one of the best Bmore has ever had.

#40 miaasportsfan

miaasportsfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 01:39 PM

Justin Lewis already has an offer from Georgia Tech, as a freshman.  I'm old school, but I like my freshman to play JV and use the year to develop.  I believe Lewis is only 14 too, so he may need a little time.

JC has the best 1-2 punch in the league with Quickley and Mathis.  Both high major players.

Longpre best big man in the area.  Kid is a nice pick up for St. Joe's.

CHC holiday tourney is in San Diego, California.  Don't know which tournament yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users