• Please log in to reply
767 replies to this topic

#741 TheGuru

TheGuru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,699 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:43 PM

TheGuru said....saw one game in person, got the rest of my info from the internet. LOL

You got on first team players who got beat by players on second team, sometimes several times.The top players with the best records go on 1st team.

Player of the year is up for debate since from what I heard there are 3 that made the final cut. Each deserving.

Your list was a homer list when you showed no respect to what Price accomplished and your comments are still homer comments because they continue to do the same.

I have no horse in the race, think the player of the year will be someone different then who you state but that's your opinion and minds..

Only homers would put players on the 1st team that won nothing, didn't have a winning season over others who did plus outperformed them.

Your comments were flawed once you put Price on 2nd team, then went into attacking kids for the school they attend. Clueless.

Price is on one of the teams and It's a homer list? I didn't disrespect Price in anyway. You had a problem with Price's place on the second team and you have no horse in the race. Yeah, right! I say you're the homer. How about coming up with your POY and 9 other players.

As for the dig at Patterson, you brought up the books as if my list had players who were not good students. I wonder which player you were talking about?

Edited by TheGuru, 14 March 2017 - 09:06 PM.

#742 hoopsfan2016

hoopsfan2016

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:51 PM

I aint putting out no list. I don't have all the facts nor did I see every game.  I'm at least smart enough to know Price should be on first team.

I don't need to prove that I am a internet scout homer who don't watch games.

#743 TheGuru

TheGuru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,699 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:56 PM

Guru no reason to take shots at Patterson or Price/Mungo (Not Mungro) for their reason to attend Patterson. Each parent/player has to decide what the best fit is for them. You can make your arguments without taking cheap shots!

Didnt take a cheap shot at Price/MUNGO. I took a shot at Patterson for not preparing Aquille Carr for college. My point is that if books were the determining factor as the other poster wrote, those young men would've stayed at their previous schools.

#744 TheGuru

TheGuru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,699 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:03 PM

I aint putting out no list. I don't have all the facts nor did I see every game. I'm at least smart enough to know Price should be on first team.

I don't need to prove that I am a internet scout homer who don't watch games.

You don't see all the games and don't have all the facts but You know beyond a shadow of doubt that Price deserves to be on the 1st team? You're as much a homer as me, then. The Sun could name Price POY or put him on the 1st Team. It still doesn't change my list. Sorry it bothered you so much.

#745 hoopsfan2016

hoopsfan2016

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:12 PM

Not bothered at all. But what I do know is .......

1. Price is on the first team and

2. There's a 33% chance your POY is right and 66% chance your POY is wrong.

#746 Clipper Nation

Clipper Nation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:25 PM

Didnt take a cheap shot at Price/MUNGO. I took a shot at Patterson for not preparing Aquille Carr for college. My point is that if books were the determining factor as the other poster wrote, those young men would've stayed at their previous schools.

Unless you are in the know with Aquille, Price, or Mungo there is really no reason to say anything about their situations. If you would like to volunteer at Patterson or any other similar schools I'm sure they would love to have you. Stop blaming schools when you obviously are clueless on the topic you are talking about. Be part of the solution not the problem! "Patterson didn't prepare Aquille for college." That's got to be the funniest thing I've heard in a long time!!

#747 TheGuru

TheGuru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,699 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:39 AM

Unless you are in the know with Aquille, Price, or Mungo there is really no reason to say anything about their situations. If you would like to volunteer at Patterson or any other similar schools I'm sure they would love to have you. Stop blaming schools when you obviously are clueless on the topic you are talking about. Be part of the solution not the problem! "Patterson didn't prepare Aquille for college." That's got to be the funniest thing I've heard in a long time!!

Not clueless. I just wonder how Carr couldn't meet the minimum requirement to attend Seton Hall. The bulk of the blame falls on Carr's own shoulders. However, there's plenty of blame to go around. His parents/guardians share in this. The teachers that promoted him from elementary to middle to high school are also complicit.

No thanks on the offer to volunteer at Patterson or any other school. Did my time getting my two through twelve years of primary and secondary school into college. Anyway, you're doing a great job without me.

#748 Clipper Nation

Clipper Nation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:43 AM

Not clueless. I just wonder how Carr couldn't meet the minimum requirement to attend Seton Hall. The bulk of the blame falls on Carr's own shoulders. However, there's plenty of blame to go around. His parents/guardians share in this. The teachers that promoted him from elementary to middle to high school are also complicit.

No thanks on the offer to volunteer at Patterson or any other school. Did my time getting my two through twelve years of primary and secondary school into college. Anyway, you're doing a great job without me.

I respect that!

#749 Dub

Dub

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:26 AM

So MSJ finishes third in the Baltimore Sun's Area rankings in Basketball, but finishes #1 in the state in the USA today :rolleyes:. I do find it hard to rank a team above MSJ in the area considering they won the MIAA, BCL and runner-up in the Alhambra tourney to a (in some polls) nationally ranked Gonzaga team. I know Perry Hall and Patterson had great years, I just think the level of competition MSJ played along with the number of games played and won, should of made them the #1 choice in the Sun poll as well.

Not to mention MSJ beat 8 teams in the top 25 of the USA today MD stat rankings poll.

For some reason my computer is not allowing me to post the link to the USA today poll, smh.

Edited by Dub, 16 March 2017 - 09:34 AM.

#750 themamba

themamba

@aka_themamba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationWorldwide

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:23 PM

My man Brent, with the #tbt of the day. He has been 'the guy' in HoCo for several years now, when it comes to scholastic sports reporting, but now moves to a larger role with The Sun, expanding his coverage area, and impact. He does a great job with previews, re-caps, interviews, and stats, and ever more importantly, interaction through social media, which has emboldened many more fan bases throughout the county.

#tbt

http://www.baltimore...otogallery.html

Edited by themamba, 16 March 2017 - 05:23 PM.

#751 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,129 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:12 PM

Price is on one of the teams and It's a homer list? I didn't disrespect Price in anyway. You had a problem with Price's place on the second team and you have no horse in the race. Yeah, right! I say you're the homer. How about coming up with your POY and 9 other players.
As for the dig at Patterson, you brought up the books as if my list had players who were not good students. I wonder which player you were talking about?

I know the teams aren't out yet but I'm told that Price will be named POY. I could have bad info though.

#752 DJGreg1200

DJGreg1200

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,606 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:24 PM

MSJ's Jalen Smith was named Gatorade Player of the Year for the State of Maryland today.

#753 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,107 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:57 PM

MSJ's Jalen Smith was named Gatorade Player of the Year for the State of Maryland today.

Nice!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] O's new slogan

#754 themamba

themamba

@aka_themamba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationWorldwide

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:41 PM

http://www.testudoti...igh-school-ncaa

#755 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:44 AM

I know the teams aren't out yet but I'm told that Price will be named POY. I could have bad info though.

Both Price and Smith were named Co-Player of the Year:

http://www.baltimore...orygallery.html

#756 DJGreg1200

DJGreg1200

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,606 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:48 PM

Both Price and Smith were named Co-Player of the Year:

http://www.baltimore...orygallery.html

But that's not the same as the Gatorade award

#757 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:44 PM

But that's not the same as the Gatorade award

Nope...it's not.  But I thought there was a discussion on who should/will win the Metro Player of the Year.

#758 TheGuru

TheGuru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,699 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:41 AM

The pro-Marvin Price camp should be excited that the Sun named him co-player of the year. Congrats to him. That Montez Mathis wasn't named to one of the teams is a joke, though. The Sun likely added Anne Arundel, Carroll and Harford County kids who were not as dynamic or talented as Mathis to be inclusive. I also think Poly's Brand deserved the COY award over Patterson's Martin. At the least, Martin already had a state championship on his resume.

#759 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,129 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:28 AM

The pro-Marvin Price camp should be excited that the Sun named him co-player of the year. Congrats to him. That Montez Mathis wasn't named to one of the teams is a joke, though. The Sun likely added Anne Arundel, Carroll and Harford County kids who were not as dynamic or talented as Mathis to be inclusive. I also think Poly's Brand deserved the COY award over Patterson's Martin. At the least, Martin already had a state championship on his resume.

Patterson had a better record, ranked higher and played with a bunch of new starters and led by two sophomores getting their first real varsity experience. I think Martin being COY was much more obvious than Price being POY.

Agree with you about Mathias. Complete joke that he wasn't on either of the teams. Argument could be made that he had a better year than Quickley.

#760 miaasportsfan

miaasportsfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:01 AM

Patterson had a better record, ranked higher and played with a bunch of new starters and led by two sophomores getting their first real varsity experience. I think Martin being COY was much more obvious than Price being POY.

Agree with you about Mathias. Complete joke that he wasn't on either of the teams. Argument could be made that he had a better year than Quickley.

Completely agree regarding Mathis.  Kid is one of the best players in the state, let alone Bmore.  The Sun tries to appear to be all inclusive by including kids that won't play High Major D1 hoops.  Mathis is a sure fire HM player, holding a slew of HM offers already.

People often talk about the Golden Age of Baltimore hoops, but I'll argue that across the board, there's as much talent in our high schools as ever.  Huge crop of D1 talent and more in the pipeline

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users