Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Baltimatt

Fox on MLK?

14 posts in this topic

I was walking up Martin Luther King Blvd in Baltimore going to the bus stop this morning.  I saw an animal running off to the side.   It was still dark so it was a little hard to tell, but it looked bigger than a cat and had a bushy tail.  Was that a fox?

I was walking up Martin Luther King Blvd in Baltimore going to the bus stop this morning.  I saw an animal running off to the side.   It was still dark so it was a little hard to tell, but it looked bigger than a cat and had a bushy tail.  Was that a fox?

Would that be all that unusual? Foxes are urbanised creatures these days, our gardens and bins are visited by them every night.

This is on the fringe of downtown Baltimore.  Maybe it's not unusual; that's why I posted here to ask. :)

Edited by Baltimatt

I saw several foxes off of 895 by Eastern Ave. I saw some big bucks on DC 295 within view of the Capitol. So yes, you probably saw a fox. Heck, there were coyotes in Central Park!

I see foxes all the time in the city and just outside the beltway ......

Saw one over by herring run .....

WKDWZD is on this thread and can confirm but I have seen numerous documentaries using night vision showing them all over London and other cities over there ......

There is plenty of food between the rats, cats and trash and they have adapted well ....

I did  have two fox pups come into my backyard they would play and drink out of my s,mall fish pond, I haven't seen them lately.

I did have two fox pups come into my backyard they would play and drink out of my s,mall fish pond, I haven't seen them lately.

See fox in my neighborhood but dog keeps,them out of the yard for the most part .....

The deer are crazy this year, have had a dozen run in with them this year including 3 while out running in the hood ....

I have problems with herons coming in my yard and eating my koi .....

This is on the fringe of downtown Baltimore.  Maybe it's not unusual; that's why I posted here to ask. :)

It is not that unusual. They can live in urban areas just fine.

We have a fox here in SW Baltimore City. Also have deer. Mostly does but I've seen one huge buck on DeSoto Road in the City.

In the neighborhood where I used to live, just outside the city limits (~0.5 mile from the city political border), we had a fox. They're smaller than people think.A red fox is mostly red and white, with large triangular ears and a bushy tail, and the feet and legs often darker. There are quite a few of them, and a lot of other stuff, where I live now.