Flu

Maryland Basketball 2016-2017

102 posts in this topic

Pissed that game away .....

Corn huskers end on 14 0 run to win by 2 and terps didn't score from field for 5 or 6 minutes .....

Bad day for Maryland sports teams in general, though the Caps did manage to pull one out and salvage my day.

I was busy and missed the game yesterday. I am glad we won but pissed I forgot to DVR it. I am sure Big 10 Network will replay it today or tomorrow.

I watched it, lot of good things .....

Won when Melo wasn't dominate .....

Pretty much led wire to wire .....

Very nice, hard-fought win over the Hoosiers tonight. MD's frosh showing a lot of grit.

Holy crap. It looked like Illinois was gunning hard at first. The Terps owned the late part of 2nd half. Turg flipped out and it turned on the light for the team. Good win.

Edited by Manny

This is gonna be a Final Four contender in the next couple of years. This is a terrific group of young players.

Looking forward to being on campus for game on Tuesday.I think the Nebraska game taught us not to overlook anyone.

Terps continue to improve, now up to #22 in the rankings.  I think before the season started I said they were a fringe top 25 team that would have S16 potential, but the freshmen are playing much better than expected.  They have a pretty good shot at winning the B1G, and if they stay on this trajectory they are going to be a dangerous team in March.  Looking forward beyond that, this team has the potential to be a Final Four team in the next couple of years.

I should add though, that I still need to see Turgeon improve his X's and O's.

Good W over an improving Rutgers team.

Good W over an improving Rutgers team.

Man, they had me worried at around 5:30 left in the game, I sensed a meltdown coming similar to the one against Nebraska.  Luckily though, they played better this time, especially on defense, even with a lot of breaks and loose balls bouncing Rutgers way and were able to stiff-arm them down the stretch.

alien- Rutgers is going to win anther B10 game or two and possibly hurt  someone's Dance hopes. They should spend an entire practice shooting free throws.

alien- Rutgers is going to win anther B10 game or two and possibly hurt  someone's Dance hopes. They should spend an entire practice shooting free throws.

Rutgers plays really hard, and are getting much better defensively.  Great coaching job really.

59 2nd half points.  I DVR'd it and watched this morning.  What's the ceiling for this team?

What's the ceiling for this team?

Ceiling?  I gotta tell you, watching this team evolve and come together this season has been something to behold.  They went from a team that looked greener than a one-eyed bullfrog to a team that seems to have major talent, depth, and the heart of a lion(starts with Trimble).  The one thing they've had consistently all year long is the ability to reach down and win close games.  Aside from the slip-up early on against Nebraska, they've mowed through the B1G, and now they will get tested against Purdue and Wisconsin. 

Ceiling?  If they keep improving at this rate(they are a much better team already than I thought they'd be at the end of the year), there is no ceiling...there is no ceiling - they'd be a Final Four team, IMO.

The nice thing to see (obviously) is more than one or two guys are showing the ability to step up and produce in crunch time virtually every single game.  It's not just waiting for Trimble alone, or Melo and maybe one other guy.  Melo might get on a roll, cool off, and Cowan makes some big plays / shots.  Or Jackson.  Or Huerter.  Or someone else... they're all contributing.  Truly a full team effort these days...

I'm not trying to make premature comparisons, but my all-time favorite Terp, maybe favorite sports figure of all, is Juan Dixon. What Dixon had was just plain heart, refuse to lose. Trimble probably has greater athletic gifts than Dixon, though I think Juan was a more consistent shooter. but what I'm seeing is that when the game is right down to it, Trimble wants the ball and he generally does the necessary thing and often something amazing. From this point the games in general get bigger and bigger until we get to elimination time. We'll just see if what Melo is showing now will continue, or even get better.

I'm not trying to make premature comparisons, but my all-time favorite Terp, maybe favorite sports figure of all, is Juan Dixon. What Dixon had was just plain heart, refuse to lose. Trimble probably has greater athletic gifts than Dixon, though I think Juan was a more consistent shooter. but what I'm seeing is that when the game is right down to it, Trimble wants the ball and he generally does the necessary thing and often something amazing. From this point the games in general get bigger and bigger until we get to elimination time. We'll just see if what Melo is showing now will continue, or even get better.

Good call.  And I agree about that team and Juan being my all time favorite.  The thing Juan had that Trimble does not is Steve Blake.  Blake was a solid PG and allowed Juan to play 100% as the 2 guard for all those years.  Trimble has had to shoulder too much of the load some times (last year).  Cowan and Huerter have have taken a lot of the pressure off and allowed Melo to play more to his natural game this year.  But at this point Cowan is not anywhere close to the rock solid PG that Blake was. 

Terps just can't seem to finish games at home. Another late meltdown and another home conference loss. All 3 losses this year have been at Comcast. 

Terps just can't seem to finish games at home. Another late meltdown and another home conference loss. All 3 losses this year have been at Comcast. 

Very similar to the Nebraska meltdown.  One of the biggest problems with a young team are games like this. 

that final seven seconds was nuts

Fighting back, cut it to 4 minute and a half left .....

Don't lose to psu .....

Geeze ...

That one hurts .....

1st road loss. 1st loss to psu since 1990 ....

That one will knock them down a seed or 2 .....

Oh well, caps are winning ....

beating the Buckeyes again helps. Nice game from Cowan