Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AgentOrange

Gilmans drop off is as shocking as the elections

223 posts in this topic

I was looking at some things this morning regarding Gilman football and I saw some things that I was not expecting to see and it blew my mind...first, there is the obvious...they there handed 3 running clocks, 3 goose eggs and a historic blow out loss to their arch rivals. But what caught my eye was the yardage they gave up on D and the lack of depth at the skilled positions. What I cannot fathom is the breathtaking drop off from being a regional power on the cusp of becoming a national power to a pathetic 2-9 season and what would have to be perhaps their worst season since the 19th century....I'm not sure if you guys are really grasping what really transpired here. There is talk about it but a real program such as Gilman is never supposed to drop so far off despite losing  its head coach or a starting qb. What happened here is not just  a coach rebuilding or wanting to do things a new way.  Hell....I don't even know what happened, that's why I'm posting this thread. I refuse to let GA tell me it was a injured player or two...this was the same guy who said  the Hounds were bringing in this new super duper O that no team would be able to figure out....my question is twofold....what happened and where does Gilman go from here.

I was looking at some things this morning regarding Gilman football and I saw some things that I was not expecting to see and it blew my mind...first, there is the obvious...they there handed 3 running clocks, 3 goose eggs and a historic blow out loss to their arch rivals. But what caught my eye was the yardage they gave up on D and the lack of depth at the skilled positions. What I cannot fathom is the breathtaking drop off from being a regional power on the cusp of becoming a national power to a pathetic 2-9 season and what would have to be perhaps their worst season since the 19th century....I'm not sure if you guys are really grasping what really transpired here. There is talk about it but a real program such as Gilman is never supposed to drop so far off despite losing  its head coach or a starting qb. What happened here is not just  a coach rebuilding or wanting to do things a new way.  Hell....I don't even know what happened, that's why I'm posting this thread. I refuse to let GA tell me it was a injured player or two...this was the same guy who said  the Hounds were bringing in this new super duper O that no team would be able to figure out....my question is twofold....what happened and where does Gilman go from here.

Gilman lost over 30 players to either transfer or graduation. They returned only 7 starters. They lost their whole coaching staff save two. Their best OL was hurt in the first quarter of the second game of the season and only came back for last two games but didn't start and shouldn't have played. Their second best OL Noah Seth missed the last 6 games of the year. Their second best LB and four year Varsity player Mike Horn missed the entire season because of concussions. Their best WR, Ayinde Watson missed 5 games. One of their better defensive players Zach Jones missed the last four games of the season. Their starting DB missed the last four games of the season. Their best player and one of the best players in the area, Spanky Dixon never stepped foot on the field.

Nothing about what happened to Gilman this year was unexpected considering the fact that they had zero margin of error. So basically you're just being a troll. You never even saw them play.

Why is a 2 and 9 team even worthy of a thread or discussion around here.  We talk about winners, not whiners!!!

No GA.....Not being a troll....Gilman is supposed to have a program....a program means you win year in and year out despite attrition rates or loss of personnel....we can agree to disagree or simply disagree on that issue but I did not start this thread to start a fight....if you are unwilling or unable to answer the question of what happened to the hounds, at least tell us where do they go from here....what would u do...as much as I love getting a rise out of you, lets keep this civil...I am genuinely interested in where the hounds go from here.

@DW.....no pun intended....The drop off confounded me...its mind blowing....

Bought and paid for teams tend to drop off dramatically when they are no longer bought and paid for.  This shouldn't confound anyone; it's not even nose blowing let alone mind blowing.

As the late great Dennis Green would say, They ( Gilman ) are who we knew they were, the best team money could buy.....  No Buy, No Team!

Edited by DayWalker

....I am genuinely interested in where the hounds go from here.

To be put down like what is done with most bad sick dawgs.  Just put Gilman down and out of our misery...  :P

No GA.....Not being a troll....Gilman is supposed to have a program....a program means you win year in and year out despite attrition rates or loss of personnel....we can agree to disagree or simply disagree on that issue but I did not start this thread to start a fight....if you are unwilling or unable to answer the question of what happened to the hounds, at least tell us where do they go from here....what would u do...as much as I love getting a rise out of you, lets keep this civil...I am genuinely interested in where the hounds go from here.

I just answered you. Gilman isn't a school with 900 plus boys that can just lose 30 plus players and their staff and then lose 6 starters for most or all of the season and win! Even with Poggi and players like Darius Jennings, Cyrus Jones and Blake Countess, when kids got hurt they had a 4-5 year! And all three of those guys are in the NFL!!! So this is a pretty pointless thread.

@DW....as much as I still hate your rotten filthy maggot filled guts, The bought for paid for statement may be the post of the year and makes a lot of sense....it really does when you think about it

@GA.....OK...NOW YOU ARE TELLING ME GILMAN IS ACTUALLY NOT GOD AND A SCHOOL THAT DOES NOT HAVE 900 BOYS HAS AN EXCUSE FOR LOSING....YEA OK MAN...WATEVER

I just answered you. Gilman isn't a school with 900 plus boys that can just lose 30 plus players and their staff and then lose 6 starters for most or all of the season and win! Even with Poggi and players like Darius Jennings, Cyrus Jones and Blake Countess, when kids got hurt they had a 4-5 year! And all three of those guys are in the NFL!!! So this is a pretty pointless thread.

Fixed it for you:

I just answered you. Gilman isn't a school with 900 plus boys that can just lose 30 plus [ paid for mercenary football players ] players and their [ stipened ] staff and then lose 6 starters [ also highly supplemented ] for most or all of the season and win! Even with Poggi and players like Darius Jennings, Cyrus Jones and Blake Countess, when [ the paid for ] kids got hurt they had a 4-5 year! And all three of those guys are in the NFL [ still gettin' paid to play as they have become accustomed since high school ] !!! So this is a pretty pointless thread.

@GA.....OK...NOW YOU ARE TELLING ME GILMAN IS ACTUALLY NOT GOD AND A SCHOOL THAT DOES NOT HAVE 900 BOYS HAS AN EXCUSE FOR LOSING....YEA OK MAN...WATEVER

Just sounds like Gilman needs to drop out of the A conference as was suggested of SFA just a year or two back when it was no longer competitive in the A.  Some friends at Friends may welcome Gilman to the mix!!!

GA,

Now for the voice of reason. Unless you hire Nick Saban and save any major Eagle injuries, you're going to lose again to MCD next year. That will make it 4 out of 5 years. My suggestion is to switch your allegiances to Spalding or SFA. You'll have a better chance of going above .500 in the League.

Edited by mop

GA,

Now for the voice of reason. Unless you hire Nick Saban and save any major Eagle injuries, you're going to lose again to MCD next year. That will make it 4 out of 5 years. My suggestion is to switch your allegiances to Spalding or SFA. You'll have a better chance of going above .500 in the League.

Hmmmm... dropping to the B next year and perhaps the C the following season may get Gilman .500.

GA,

Gilman returns their whole team and brings back Spanky. McD loses a lot. I was told yesterday to stay tuned as Meth would say. There's a long time from now until then! A lot in the works is all I will say.

Gilman returns their whole team and brings back Spanky. McD loses a lot. I was told yesterday to stay tuned as Meth would say. There's a long time from now until then! A lot in the works is all I will say.

MCD returns their entire D save a starting DE and MLB. Remember, those are the soft guys who shut you out 42-0 yesterday. On O they return their entire backfield save their starting RB and 2 of their 5 starting OL. Not a ton of depth but some of the best returning talent in the League. Gilman would have to import a ton of new talent and coach them up to compete. Football is a game predicated on the strength of the interior line which is usually dominated by juiniora and seniors. Gilman is not SFA. Don't see it happening.

And the Offensive genius that confounded everyone in Georgia, but no one in Maryland, returns as well.

@DW......LMAO....I SEE U MAN...I SEE U......I'm feeling you this morning...I see u man...its certainly appears that you have everything under control with regards to the agenda.....AO leaves stage.....

Edited by agentorange

MCD returns their entire D save a starting DE and MLB. Remember, those are the soft guys who shut you out 42-0 yesterday. On O they return their entire backfield save their starting RB and 2 of their 5 starting OL. Not a ton of depth but some of the best returning talent in the League. Gilman would have to import a ton of new talent and coach them up to compete. Football is a game predicated on the strength of the interior line which is usually dominated by juiniora and seniors. Gilman is not SFA. Don't see it happening.

As I said, stay tune. By the way, Gilman moved the ball on that D last game. They threw three horrible INT's in the red zone. Passes that weren't even close to anybody. Wasn't like Mcd's D held Gilman to negative yards.

As I said, stay tune. By the way, Gilman moved the ball on that D last game. They threw three horrible INT's in the red zone. Passes that weren't even close to anybody. Wasn't like Mcd's D held Gilman to negative yards.

Alert, crossing the 50 now qualifies as reaching the red zone st Gilman.

GA y'all in deep shat going forward because the QB position is a major concern and Wrenn and comp coaching as if this is the eighties

The Wrenbone appears as an complex algebraic 2 equation....it is simple...keep the Center at the LOS....maintain your lanes....keep everything in front of you.....that's it

Alert, crossing the 50 now qualifies as reaching the red zone st Gilman.

Sorry, two INT's and a fumble in the red zone. Four bad turnovers. Like I said, they got yards.

GA y'all in deep shat going forward because the QB position is a major concern and Wrenn and comp coaching as if this is the eighties

The QB situation is one to stay tuned to more than any! I don't have much issue with younger Wrenn's offense, don't like some of the play calling it it's not his daddy's offense. But I'm not sure that will even matter because we don't know who will be coaching next year. Will definitely not be Holley and I'm hearing Some big names.