Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AgentOrange

Gilmans drop off is as shocking as the elections

223 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Hey, you're preaching to the choir. I don't personally want them to try and throw SFA out of the conference. But, that's the word that's floating around. 

Hold up and off the topic for a second! Why in the hell did DM use an onside kickoff early in the game vs Avalon? WTH is going on here?

19 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

Hold up and off the topic for a second! Why in the hell did DM use an onside kickoff early in the game vs Avalon? WTH is going on here?

Lol, that's funny! I don't have a problem with it, going for the kill early. 

Cilento is a MOCO guy. Played at Sherwood under the legendary Al Thomas. Coached at Sherwood. He's got the kind of situation Biff wanted at Gilman, has flexibility with admissions, The facilities are top notch, not sure why the would want the Gilman gig, he'd have to move his family. 

12 minutes ago, Oldtime said:

Cilento is a MOCO guy. Played at Sherwood under the legendary Al Thomas. Coached at Sherwood. He's got the kind of situation Biff wanted at Gilman, has flexibility with admissions, The facilities are top notch, not sure why the would want the Gilman gig, he'd have to move his family. 

Why would he have to move his family. Not like it's that far from Bullis to Gilman

Yea, don't see him leaving the Bullis job for Gilman.

5 hours ago, jbmad said:

Why would he have to move his family. Not like it's that far from Bullis to Gilman

You're kidding me right?  He'd commute over an hour each way just to coach Gilman?  I'm telling you, he's in a great situation at Bullis. Have you seen the facilities? He'd take one look at the Gilman field and say you've got to be kidding. 

1 minute ago, Oldtime said:

You're kidding me right?  He'd commute over an hour each way just to coach Gilman?  I'm telling you, he's in a great situation at Bullis. Have you seen the facilities? He'd take one look at the Gilman field and say you've got to be kidding. 

Gilman's field? You know they just did major construction on their field right? 

54 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Yep, sure do. The Gilman upgrade is equal to what Bullis had about 10'years ago. Have you seen their facilities?  Field, locker rooms, and weight rooms top notch. With all the money at Gilman the old field was a down right embarrassment, especially while they were trying to build themselves as a National power. The upgrade was way over due. 

Since we are on Gilman, for whatever reason, does anyone know if they've solved the racial strife at Gilman as described by this poster before last season?

On 1/11/2016 at 0:55 PM, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I haven't personally heard anything racist from the Headmaster. The rumors have been around. But those in the Gilman community know very well that this is racially motivated. There was even an assembly (mandatory meeting for all students around 11 everyday) about race and students from Gilman and how they do academically at the next level. This was spirited by the administration. One of my best friends spoke at it (who's black and a board member) and I disagreed with what he said. There have been major talk in the last year about race and how the Headmaster has painted and called out specific black football players and called them bad apples.

23 minutes ago, Oldtime said:

Yep, sure do. The Gilman upgrade is equal to what Bullis had about 10'years ago. Have you seen their facilities?  Field, locker rooms, and weight rooms top notch. With all the money at Gilman the old field was a down right embarrassment, especially while they were trying to build themselves as a National power. The upgrade was way over due. 

I have seen Bullis's field, have never seen their locker rooms, weight rooms, etc..  Bullis's field isn't substantially better than Gilman's, if at all. Which makes me have a hard time believing you've seen Gilman's new field, outside of on the internet. 

2 hours ago, themamba said:

Since we are on Gilman, for whatever reason, does anyone know if they've solved the racial strife at Gilman as described by this poster before last season?

I haven't personally heard anything racist from the Headmaster. The rumors have been around. But those in the Gilman community know very well that this is racially motivated. There was even an assembly (mandatory meeting for all students around 11 everyday) about race and students from Gilman and how they do academically at the next level. This was spirited by the administration. One of my best friends spoke at it (who's black and a board member) and I disagreed with what he said. There have been major talk in the last year about race and how the Headmaster has painted and called out specific black football players and called them bad apples.

8 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

The field is fine; the gym, locker rooms and pool are downright embarrassing given the endowment. Circa 1970s. Every A and some of the Conference team save SFA has better athletic facilities overall. 

Edited by mop

7 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I have seen Bullis's field, have never seen their locker rooms, weight rooms, etc..  Bullis's field isn't substantially better than Gilman's, if at all. Which makes me have a hard time believing you've seen Gilman's new field, outside of on the internet. 

Gilman have lights?

1 hour ago, mop said:

The field is fine; the gym, locker rooms and pool are downright embarrassing given the endowment. Circa 1970s. Every A and some of the Conference team save SFA has better athletic facilities overall. 

This is very true, outside of the gym part. The arena/basketball court is still very nice. Everything else, horrible for its endowment. 

22 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

Gilman have lights?

No, neighborhood won't allow lights. 

7 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

No, neighborhood won't allow lights. 

y not....

Georgetown Prep is absolutely terrible (and small) and it's tied 7-7 with Gilman. 4 fumbles and a terrible call (fake FQ)for Gilman.  Just run the ball Gilman.

Let me take that back. Gilman is absolutely terrible. Just gave up a QB fumble and blocked punt. If GP was any qood this would be a blow out. 

19 hours ago, themamba said:

Bad apple? Really. Im sure he calls GA a bad apple too. GA's been called a lot worse on here and he still posts. Give it a rest, Colin.

Put the Scotch down, you are incoherent at the moment. When you wake up, maybe you can find out if this racial strife continues on Roland, and if these daily assemblies are still taking place, and if the Headmaster still refers to Gilman students as 'bad apples'.

Of course GA posts, what else would he do? He posted this, saying there was major talk of the Headmaster slandering a certain segment of the student population, and that everyone in the know at Gilman knew 'this' was racially motivated.

I have no interest in what you or the Headmaster call GA. I already have heard too many people call him out of his name, namely other handles.

2 hours ago, Oil Can said:

Bad apple? Really. Im sure he calls GA a bad apple too. GA's been called a lot worse on here and he still posts. Give it a rest, Colin.

Oil can, we don't respond to non m'fing factors! We let them talk and be groupies! You know that! I've block the lames a while ago, Guru showed me this! You're better than that, ignore the groupies! 

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Oil can, we don't respond to non m'fing factors! We let them talk and be groupies! You know that! I've block the lames a while ago, Guru showed me this! You're better than that, ignore the groupies! 

Oh come on GA, you respond, just not as GA.  When Guru showed you how to block, did he also show how to use other names?  How about debates with yourself NoHuddleNoMercy or a third party confirmer!!!  Oh Snap, you will not see this post, The DayWalker is banned your mouth piece Sniper repeatedly mentions.

Edited by DayWalker

I love how Silver relays who GA blocks. It gives you a glimpse of the unusual intimacy they share.