Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AgentOrange

The Miaa playoff is a bunch of B.S (Whats needed is a state wide private school playoff)

140 posts in this topic

GET REAL......just play a schedule....the team winning the most games in the conference takes home the trophy....unless there was tie between the top two teams, what is the need for a playoff.....what is needed is a championship game between the Miaa-a and the Wcac.....stop all the inter league play between the two conferences and lets just have one big shing ding at seasons end....

Can't....what if the WCAC championhip is from DC or VA?

@DW....so what....what is your point....its like the NFL....at the end of the season the AFC plays the NFC in the superbowl....whats your point 

MIAA i see wants no part of this they rather join MPSSAA cause they know they wouldn't be successful against WCAC

@DW....so what....what is your point....its like the NFL....at the end of the season the AFC plays the NFC in the superbowl....whats your point 

DC WCAC teams already play for a state title.  What, we gonna have private high school teams here playing for the various titles until the NFL Superbowl!!!

MIAA i see wants no part of this they rather join MPSSAA cause they know they wouldn't be successful against WCAC

It's only McNugget who want in on what the publics have....

To me it just seems all MIAA supporters just seem to push MPSSAA system opposed to pushing for joining up with WCAC.  I feel that could be a great playoff system with some great teams all on same playing field as far as recruiting, money and other private school benefits.

Edited by TDcity

They are not all on the same playing field unless you limit schools what they can spend on football for recruits and transfers. Gilman, Mcd and now SFA spend way more than other schools

you have to admit more so than in camparison to public schools.  The gap is closer just like more there are publics that have more resources  available and emphasis to football at schools like wise, Damascus and other power publics.

I heard the MIAA may go to a points system. Don't know if it is conference only or whole season but who every has the 2 most points by playoff weekend will play for the championship. Calvert Hall and Loyola can keep their Turkey bowl and will be one game short of points or pick up an extra game prior to the point cut off date.....

There's nobody in the MIAA that has proposed a merger with the State. There has been merger talks with the WCAC in the past. Only person I even remotely hear talking seriously about joining the State is Eagle. I know for a fact that Gilman wants no parts of it and CHC and Loyola wouldn't do it either.

Can't....what if the WCAC championhip is from DC or VA?

No Virginia school competes in the WCAC for football.

DC WCAC teams already play for a state title. What, we gonna have private high school teams here playing for the various titles until the NFL Superbowl!!!

The DC WCAC schools no longer compete in the DC title game.

I heard the MIAA may go to a points system. Don't know if it is conference only or whole season but who every has the 2 most points by playoff weekend will play for the championship. Calvert Hall and Loyola can keep their Turkey bowl and will be one game short of points or pick up an extra game prior to the point cut off date.....

you have to admit more so than in camparison to public schools. The gap is closer just like more there are publics that have more resources available and emphasis to football at schools like wise, Damascus and other power publics.

The biggest and best resource available to Damascus is the community support and feeder system. It's a small rural town, with the oldest school facilty, and worst field in the county. That's what makes it special!

Wise on the other hand, is one of the newest in PG with top notch facilities, including an indoor track.

Edited by Oldtime

No Virginia school competes in the WCAC for football.

Right SB.  It slipped my mind PVI bolted....

you have to admit more so than in camparison to public schools. The gap is closer just like more there are publics that have more resources available and emphasis to football at schools like wise, Damascus and other power publics.

There are gaps everywhere. Gaps in the same county. Wise destroyed every team in PG because they can get talent that others can't. Franklin and Milford killed their leagues. We are so worried about the elite private and public gap, where there are big gaps all over. The big dogs like to stay in top in the mpssaa, so they don't want to compete against the private schools.

The DC WCAC schools no longer compete in the DC title game.

All the more reason NOT to have you private mercenaries within the public state title system cause you all are shaky, in for a little bit and then lickady slit...

Wise on the other hand, is one of the newest in PG with top notch facilities, including an indoor track.

OT

Wise is not all that new anymore.  It must have opened 10 years ago.  Since then, new Oxon Hill opened last year.  I believe new Fairmont Heights will open next school year.  Saint Charles opened last year or so.  I hear that Howard and Long Reach will be bursting at the seams soon and a new school is going up near Jessup.

Times have certainly changed....privates have become mercenary programs in deed...a 2-9 Gilman team blasted a loaded Dunbar team....I was shocked but now I get it and accept it.....the Privates are clearly  a huge step above public schools