Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AgentOrange

The Miaa playoff is a bunch of B.S (Whats needed is a state wide private school playoff)

140 posts in this topic

There are gaps everywhere. Gaps in the same county. Wise destroyed every team in PG because they can get talent that others can't. Franklin and Milford killed their leagues. We are so worried about the elite private and public gap, where there are big gaps all over. The big dogs like to stay in top in the mpssaa, so they don't want to compete against the private schools.

Spoken like a true MIAA guy who think the privates ( MIAA ) is the same top to bottom.  You say the so-called big public dawgs don't want to compete against the privates.  I say Mr. and Mrs. Leave It To Beaver don't want to see their sons Kyle and Ian heads at Friends or St Paul's get bashed in by Tyrone and them from Wise or Damascus or even Fort Hill.

There are lots in your fold who can't see play among others and why you have the A and B and C conferences.  So don't go down that route of who would rather not play whom.  I saw an impotent WCAC Carroll team lose to Gwynn Park.  Didn't they also lose to Ballou of DC?  Your WCAC St Mary's Ryken has only one win at that was against winless Carroll.  Hell, no wonder DeMatha feels so great about itself and its chances in the WCAC.

The deal with the so-called public big dawgs is that they tend to be big big dawgs for two / three years then we have different big dawgs ----- and on and on and on.

Edited by DayWalker

Spoken like a true MIAA guy who think the privates ( MIAA ) is the same top to bottom.  You say the so-called big public dawgs don't want to compete against the privates.  I say Mr. and Mrs. Leave It To Beaver don't want to see their sons Kyle and Ian heads at Friends or St Paul's get bashed in by Tyrone and them from Wise or Damascus or even Fort Hill.

There are lots in your fold who can't see play among others and why you have the A and B and C conferences.  So don't go down that route of who would rather not play whom.  I saw an impotent WCAC Carroll team lose to Gwynn Park.  Didn't they also lose to Ballou of DC?  Your WCAC St Mary's Ryken has only one win at that was against winless Carroll.  Hell, no wonder DeMatha feels so great about itself and its chances in the WCAC.

The deal with the so-called public big dawgs is that they tend to be big big dawgs for two / three years then we have different big dawgs ----- and on and on and on.

The WCAC this year was the most competitive that it has ever been from top to bottom.  4 of the 7 teams could beat each other on any given day and that was proven in the first round of the playoffs this weekend.  Mcnamara is always competitive.  Ryken and Carroll are not competitive and I'm not sure what their future is in the league.  I think the MIAA was more competitive from top to bottom than the WCAC this year. There was no truly weak team in the conference and, but for the dozens of transfers at SFA, it was a league full of parity this year from top to bottom.  It seems to me that there is more disparity in 4A and 3A public school football than there is with the WCAC and the MIAA.  With that said, the difference between Maryland football overall and the football played in "football states" is the disparity from top to bottom.  There is a huge dropoff after the top 5 or so teams here, whether they are private or public and an even bigger dropoff between the next 10 teams.  That is not the case in football states.    

Edited by aacountyfootball

The WCAC this year was the most competitive that it has ever been from top to bottom.  4 of the 7 teams could beat each other on any given day and that was proven in the first round of the playoffs this weekend.  Mcnamara is always competitive.  Ryken and Carroll are not competitive and I'm not sure what their future is in the league.  I think the MIAA was more competitive from top to bottom than the WCAC this year. There was no truly weak team in the conference and, but for the dozens of transfers at SFA, it was a league full of parity this year from top to bottom.  It seems to me that there is more disparity in 4A and 3A public school football than there is with the WCAC and the MIAA.  With that said, the difference between Maryland football overall and the football played in "football states" is the disparity from top to bottom.  There is a huge dropoff after the top 5 or so teams here, whether they are private or public and an even bigger dropoff between the next 10 teams.  That is not the case in football states.    

How can you say the WCAC has been the most competitive from top to bottom when the top three have winning league records while the bottom four have losing records with the last team winless in and out the league....

Aside from a close St. John's game, DeMatha has had it's way.  Zaga lost to the usual suspects and even a bush league MIAA team if I remember correctly.  The same can be said about St. John's subbing IMG for McD.  And think of all the off season transfer hoopla at St. John's.

You say 4 of the 7 WCAC teams could beat each other any day but I say if they all played DeMatha 9 more times each, one may win one game.  The WCAC is DeMatha and then there are the rest.  There no parity AA.

Regarding the bush league, just stop it, stop it, stop it saying they are competitive top to bottom.  The difference between the WCAC and MIAA is that the MIAA has four rather than 3 teams with winning conference records and the MIAA has three with losing record as opposed to the WCAC with four losers.  But it's all as normal and not more competitive than ever before.

But yes, there is a drop off after the top teams.  But that's how it always is, always.  Nothing new AA; the same ole same old.

Edited by DayWalker

How can you say the WCAC has been the most competitive from top to bottom when the top three have winning league records while the bottom four have losing records with the last team winless in and out the league....

Aside from a close St. John's game, DeMatha has had it's way.  Zaga lost to the usual suspects and even a bush league MIAA team if I remember correctly.  The same can be said about St. John's subbing IMG for McD.  And think of all the off season transfer hoopla at St. John's.

You say 4 of the 7 WCAC teams could beat each other any day but I say if they all played DeMatha 9 more times each, one may win one game.  The WCAC is DeMatha and then there are the rest.  There no parity AA.

Regarding the bush league, just stop it, stop it, stop it saying they are competitive top to bottom.  The difference between the WCAC and MIAA is that the MIAA has four rather than 3 teams with winning conference records and the MIAA has three with losing record as opposed to the WCAC with four losers.  But it's all as normal and not more competitive than ever before.

But yes, there is a drop off after the top teams.  But that's how it always is, always.  Nothing new AA; the same ole same old.

You state some inaccurate information. 

The regular season league standings were Dematha 6-0, GZ 5-1, SJC 4-2 and GC 3-3.  Only 3 teams had losing records, which were Mac, Ryken and ABC.  That does not show disparity.  In fact, it proves my point about the top four teams.    

Dematha has not had its way.  Gonzaga could have easily beat them if they had hit some wide open receivers. That game could have easily gone the other way.  Dematha's season would be over right now if they had not mounted a fourth quarter comeback and GC didn't miss a field goal from the five yard line late in the fourth quarter.  Anyone will tell you that any of the playoff teams could have beaten Dematha this year and the games are proof of that. 

Zaga did not lose to the usual suspects.  They were the #2 seed and beat St. Johns and Good Counsel, and, as I said, barely lost to Dematha in a slug fest.  Gonzaga didn't quite have enough gas to beat the highly talented SJC team twice in a row.  No shame in that.  

St. Johns is in the championship as the #3 seed and most people would say the championship game is a toss up, including myself.  That proves my point when they are playing the #5 ranked team in the nation and anyone who watched WCAC football would tell you that St. Johns has just as much of a chance as Dematha to win the game. 

You do realize that when teams play each other in a conference that it is normal for about half of them to not have winning records?  It is kinda a mathematical kinda of certainty.  Not sure what your point is on that. 

Edited by aacountyfootball

The regular season league standings were Dematha 6-0, GZ 5-1, SJC 4-2 and GC 3-3. Only 3 teams had losing records, which were Mac, Ryken and ABC. That does not show disparity. In fact, it proves my point about the top four teams.

Dematha has not had its way. Gonzaga could have easily beat them if they had hit some wide open receivers. That game could have easily gone the other way. Dematha's season would be over right now if they had not mounted a fourth quarter comeback and GC didn't miss a field goal from the five yard line late in the fourth quarter. Anyone will tell you that any of the playoff teams could have beaten Dematha this year and the games are proof of that.

Zaga did not lose to the usual suspects. They were the #2 seed and beat St. Johns and Good Counsel, and, as I said, barely lost to Dematha in a slug fest. Gonzaga didn't quite have enough gas to beat the highly talented SJC team twice in a row. No shame in that.

St. Johns is in the championship as the #3 seed and most people would say the championship game is a toss up, including myself. That proves my point when they are playing the #5 ranked team in the nation and anyone who watched WCAC football would tell you that St. Johns has just as much of a chance as Dematha to win the game.

You do realize that when teams play each other in a conference that it is normal for about half of them to not have winning records? It is kinda a mathematical kinda of certainty. Not sure what your point is on that.

If the WCAC was it's own state tournament, I'm having a hard time finding 10 state tournament semi-final line ups that would be better. The obvious....2 in Texas, 2 in Florida, 1 in Georgia, 1 in California, and 1 in Ohio. Utah and NJ may be even, but definitely not better than DM, GZ, SJC, and GC. Any that I'm missing?

If the WCAC was it's own state tournament, I'm having a hard time finding 10 state tournament semi-final line ups that would be better. The obvious....2 in Texas, 2 in Florida, 1 in Georgia, 1 in California, and 1 in Ohio. Utah and NJ may be even, but definitely not better than DM, GZ, SJC, and GC. Any that I'm missing?

A DM, SJC, GZ, and GC championship year in and year out would get quite boring.....  Yep it is 'cept for the hardcore WhCAck'd.

So what's the difference if Fort Hill repeats every year. You make no sense

The regular season league standings were Dematha 6-0, GZ 5-1, SJC 4-2 and GC 3-3.  Only 3 teams had losing records, which were Mac, Ryken and ABC.  That does not show disparity.  In fact, it proves my point about the top four teams.    

Dematha has not had its way.  Gonzaga could have easily beat them if they had hit some wide open receivers. That game could have easily gone the other way.  Dematha's season would be over right now if they had not mounted a fourth quarter comeback and GC didn't miss a field goal from the five yard line late in the fourth quarter.  Anyone will tell you that any of the playoff teams could have beaten Dematha this year and the games are proof of that. 

Zaga did not lose to the usual suspects.  They were the #2 seed and beat St. Johns and Good Counsel, and, as I said, barely lost to Dematha in a slug fest.  Gonzaga didn't quite have enough gas to beat the highly talented SJC team twice in a row.  No shame in that.  

St. Johns is in the championship as the #3 seed and most people would say the championship game is a toss up, including myself.  That proves my point when they are playing the #5 ranked team in the nation and anyone who watched WCAC football would tell you that St. Johns has just as much of a chance as Dematha to win the game. 

You do realize that when teams play each other in a conference that it is normal for about half of them to not have winning records?  It is kinda a mathematical kinda of certainty.  Not sure what your point is on that. 

The WCAC says you are inaccurate as I did not limit things to regular season play.  As on now we have:

http://wcacsports.com/landing/index

Regarding had Gonzaga or St John's or Good Counsel done this or done that, then it coulda mighta been this.....  Recall the nuts on auntie would be uncle analogy AA.

You can tout and call the WCAC championship a toss up all you want but in your heart of hearts, have you pre-printed DeMatha Championship t-shirt like was done when you all proclaimed DeMatha State Champions a couple years back when they weren't but rather just league champions....

Most respectfully and yours truly,

The DayWalker

So what's the difference if Fort Hill repeats every year. You make no sense

Who said Fort Hill repeats every year?  I said some teams have run years and it's Fort Hill's run time.  But there is another school in lil Cumberland who has more football titles than Fort Hill you think repeat every year....

A DM, SJC, GZ, and GC championship year in and year out would get quite boring..... Yep it is 'cept for the hardcore WhCAck'd.

Not really boring at all since most of SJC's key players are brand new to the league and DeMatha is pretty young this year. 2pm at UMD this Saturday if you want to see the two best teams in the area this season. It should be a good one.

Not really boring at all since most of SJC's key players are brand new to the league and DeMatha is pretty young this year. 2pm at UMD this Saturday if you want to see the two best teams in the area this season. It should be a good one.

No thanks.  I'd rather see neighborhood rivals in Oxon Hill of Oxon Hill against Potomac of Oxon Hill at 1pm in Oxon Hill, a couple schools less than 5-miles apart one inside and the other outside the DC beltway.

Neighbor kids who have pretty much known and played with and against each other for most of of their youth in a win or go home situation just does something more for me, The Day Walker, than diva mercenaries' futile attempts to ham it up like their NFL counterparts complete with the NFL show boating.  I prefer the blue collar play of the pubs but thanks anyway SB.

Since 2003 two teams winning a title, seems boring to me

I dropped in MM for a bit last weekend and man oh man were the stands filled with Indians.  Wat's up with that!!!!  :D

I dropped in MM for a bit last weekend and man oh man were the stands filled with Indians. Wat's up with that!!!! :D

just letting them know we're still here

just letting them know we're still here

Okay cool cause I and The Millers noted your presence and I heard someone shout out as you departed to "....do come back the 19th....."    :D

Okay cool cause I and The Millers noted your presence and I heard someone shout out as you departed to "....do come back the 19th....." :D

oh we're coming and bringing gifts

And I LUV it all out in PUBLIC....  :D

OT

Wise is not all that new anymore.  It must have opened 10 years ago.  Since then, new Oxon Hill opened last year.  I believe new Fairmont Heights will open next school year.  Saint Charles opened last year or so.  I hear that Howard and Long Reach will be bursting at the seams soon and a new school is going up near Jessup.

As I said, one of the newest, while I really like most of your posts, reading comprehension is not your best.

DC WCAC teams already play for a state title.  What, we gonna have private high school teams here playing for the various titles until the NFL Superbowl!!!

STJ and GZ are currently not participating in title game. 

STJ and GZ are currently not participating in title game. 

I heard something to this effect and I commented that this could be a good reason for privates not to mix with publics because privates tend to just do whatever.  They wanted in and now they have opted out.

...Too shaky for my taste TS; far too shady in commitments.

I heard something to this effect and I commented that this could be a good reason for privates not to mix with publics because privates tend to just do whatever.  They wanted in and now they have opted out.

...Too shaky for my taste TS; far too shady in commitments.

The DC publics have to fight thru the rules that the DC WCAC teams really dont have to abide by.

The DC publics have to fight thru the rules that the DC WCAC teams really dont have to abide by.

While I agree that there are obvious rules differences, I believe the DC publics pulled out for fear of injury. DC schools just can't deal with the numbers/depth that GZ and SJC have. The last two title games got out of hand in the second half.

While I agree that there are obvious rules differences, I believe the DC publics pulled out for fear of injury. DC schools just can't deal with the numbers/depth that GZ and SJC have. The last two title games got out of hand in the second half.

The injury issue came up because of roster size and depth, yes! Thats a direct reflection of the difference in recruiting based on residency.DC publics have to dot every I and cross every T. If not they run the risk of an investigation and the coach being fired. I know kids that wanted to go to HD but because of residency are at GZ/Stj. 

Okay but bring me up-to-date on when SJC even played a DC team in the 2014 or 2015 seasons.  And yes Gonzaga won its two games each season with some perhaps run away wins but nothing really out of line to me.  In fact, didn't the Zags pull out only a one point win against someone I forget right now in the first round???

Edited by DayWalker