Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AgentOrange

The Miaa playoff is a bunch of B.S (Whats needed is a state wide private school playoff)

140 posts in this topic

Okay but bring me up-to-date on when SJC even played a DC team in the 2014 or 2015 seasons.  And yes Gonzaga won its two games each season with some perhaps run away wins but nothing really out of line to me.  In fact, didn't the Zags pull out only a one point win against someone I forget right now in the first round???

They beat FCA by one point in 2015. Last year HD was down 10-6 at the half and was worn down in the second half because their kids are playing all three phases of the game.

Edited by Tomslick

They beat FCA by one point in 2015. Last year HD was down 10-6 at the half and was worn down in the second half because their kids are playing all three phases of the game.

Does FCA play by the same rules as all of the DC public's? Only asking because when Rahim was there they sure did not.

And.....??????

I see NFL teams "worn down" in some games.  That's sports to me.  What you describe is most unworthy of halting play.  When one is worn down one just dig deeper, perhaps far more deeper than one thought even capable; a life lesson that can be learned via sports to carry one through life and not just quit.

Understand The DayWalker TSlick....????

I saw some normal 40-50 point typical blow out game scores.  Hell, Fort Hill take out teams by 70 and they do return games to be beaten again by 70.

Okay but bring me up-to-date on when SJC even played a DC team in the 2014 or 2015 seasons. And yes Gonzaga won its two games each season with some perhaps run away wins but nothing really out of line to me. In fact, didn't the Zags pull out only a one point win against someone I forget right now in the first round???

If you watched the second half of both games you would know what I was talking about. HD was tired, but still had a lot of pride. GZ was thriving and letting everyone know they were better. The result ended with some very stupid penalties that could of caused serious injury.

And.....??????

I see NFL teams "worn down" in some games. That's sports to me. What you describe is most unworthy of halting play. When one is worn down one just dig deeper, perhaps far more deeper than one thought even capable; a life lesson that can be learned via sports to carry one through life and not just quit.

I saw some normal 40-50 point typical blow out game scores. Hell, Fort Hill take out teams by 70 and they do return games to be beaten again by 70.

I've never understood the DC public school stance on "being too tired in the second half", but they are sticking with it....

If you watched the second half of both games you would know what I was talking about. HD was tired, but still had a lot of pride. GZ was thriving and letting everyone know they were better. The result ended with some very stupid penalties that could of caused serious injury.

I've seen more than enough games in my life to have seen "tired teams" playing on pride.  It's like the wet that comes with water.  But you are talking to The DayWalker like you are Mother Teresa overly concerned about the welfare of the unfortunate and I am naive to sports.  Come On Dude, come on.  You are just beating your chest here as you stated GZ was doing in letting everyone know they, your lot, were better.  Now say it ain't so SB....  :P

Kids who play in a manner to cause intentional serious injury are not under control of their coaches whose duty it is to control their kids at all times....  I see such a situation as the fault of adults who should perhaps not be coaches rather than just suspend play.

I've never understood the DC public school stance on "being too tired in the second half", but they are sticking with it....

I know a few coaches in DC.  What game(s) are you talking about so I can asked about what you are talking about.

Edited by DayWalker

And.....??????

I see NFL teams "worn down" in some games.  That's sports to me.  What you describe is most unworthy of halting play.  When one is worn down one just dig deeper, perhaps far more deeper than one thought even capable; a life lesson that can be learned via sports to carry one through life and not just quit.

I saw some normal 40-50 point typical blow out game scores.  Hell, Fort Hill take out teams by 70 and they do return games to be beaten again by 70.

All their best players dont come of the field at all! Where the GZ has the numbers to run kids on and off the field and stay fresh. Thats where the safety issue comes into play for many of the dc publics. But thats a result of the new rules that the WCAC doesnt follow

I've seen more than enough games in my life to have seen "tired teams" playing on pride. It's like the wet that comes with water. But you are talking to The DayWalker like you are Mother Teresa overly concerned about the welfare of the unfortunate and I am naive to sports. Come On Dude, come on. You are just beating your chest here as you stated GZ was doing in letting everyone know they, your lot, were better. Now say it ain't so SB.... :P

Kids who play in a manner to cause intentional serious injury are not under control of their coaches whose duty it is to control their kids at all times.... I see such a situation as the fault of adults who should perhaps not be coaches rather than just suspend play.

Not making an excuse at all. Just posting what I saw and how both sides explained it after the game.

If you want my opinion, it was an old school whipping. GZ may have more kids on their sideline, but most of those "back ups" don't play until garbage time anyway.

No thanks. I'd rather see neighborhood rivals in Oxon Hill of Oxon Hill against Potomac of Oxon Hill at 1pm in Oxon Hill, a couple schools less than 5-miles apart one inside and the other outside the DC beltway.

Neighbor kids who have pretty much known and played with and against each other for most of of their youth in a win or go home situation just does something more for me, The Day Walker, than diva mercenaries' futile attempts to ham it up like their NFL counterparts complete with the NFL show boating. I prefer the blue collar play of the pubs but thanks anyway SB.

Those DM and SJC kids have played against each other for a long time.

All their best players dont come of the field at all! Where the GZ has the numbers to run kids on and off the field and stay fresh. Thats where the safety issue comes into play for many of the dc publics. But thats a result of the new rules that the WCAC doesnt follow

TSlick

I see a boat load of kids all the time on teams like DeMatha of other privates but more than half never get off the bench let alone get in games, even runaway games.  I see many of these kids transfer over this, never playing.  Now I will not discount exceptions but I just don't see the platooning here like I see as some say here "like done in other states."  I recall some years back seeing Gilman get mauled by Moeller who clearly had separate offensive, defensive, and special teams while Gilman played many players both ways even though Gilman had a relatively large squad.

Does FCA play by the same rules as all of the DC public's? Only asking because when Rahim was there they sure did not. 

Yes they currently do. And back when FCA was on fire there was rules but not as enforced as they are now. The DC coaches complained about FCA like ****. Just like everyone else did!

Not making an excuse at all. Just posting what I saw and how both sides explained it after the game.

If you want my opinion, it was an old school whipping. GZ may have more kids on their sideline, but most of those "back ups" don't play until garbage time anyway.

Okay SB but the don't back down from nothing disposition of coaches come to mind in that unless one is literally dead, one fight to the end.  Coaches have been known to drive kids into the dirt in 95-plus degree weather and care less about play in sub-freezing temperatures to care about them "being tired" or rough play.  You say they got together in a kumbaya moment for peace so I can't really argue to no end about what you experience first-hand.  It just goes against the typical mindset of type A coaches....

But I'll bow to your understanding that Gonzaga and the WCAC are some bad@zz beasts not to be pucked with....  :P

Edited by DayWalker

TSlick

I see a boat load of kids all the time on teams like DeMatha of other privates but more than half never get off the bench let alone get in games, even runaway games.  I see many of these kids transfer over this, never playing.  Now I will not discount exceptions but I just don't see the platooning here like I see as some say here "like done in other states."  I recall some years back seeing Gilman get mauled by Moeller who clearly had separate offensive, defensive, and special teams while Gilman played many players both ways even though Gilman had a relatively large squad.

I see the same thing when I watch some of the other teams. The difference is the DC publics have about 18-19 varsity kids(if that) who can play and the rest of the roster is full of JV kids and some that should be on freshman squads. So in big name games local or away they run into playing those 18 or so kids on offense, defense, and special teams hoping to rest them on a play here and there. I watched HD's 4 star DT make 3 stops on the goal line vs GZ last year, get pressure on the GZ field goal, run off for the kick off and then go out and play guard on offense. He then ran off for the HD punt and went back in on defense. Kid is 300+pounds. Now if they do that with a 300 pounder how much rest does their skills get? Probably none. Again thats a roster issue that was caused by the transfer rule and residency. That wasnt a problem in the past because there was an unwritten rule amongst the coaches, that once the kid got into the school they were off limits to accusations. Basically no telling! 

I see the same thing when I watch some of the other teams. The difference is the DC publics have about 18-19 varsity kids(if that) who can play and the rest of the roster is full of JV kids and some that should be on freshman squads. So in big name games local or away they run into playing those 18 or so kids on offense, defense, and special teams hoping to rest them on a play here and there. I watched HD's 4 star DT make 3 stops on the goal line vs GZ last year, get pressure on the GZ field goal, run off for the kick off and then go out and play guard on offense. He then ran off for the HD punt and went back in on defense. Kid is 300+pounds. Now if they do that with a 300 pounder how much rest does their skills get? Probably none. Again thats a roster issue that was caused by the transfer rule and residency. That wasnt a problem in the past because there was an unwritten rule amongst the coaches, that once the kid got into the school they were off limits to accusations. Basically no telling! 

Okay, so you see this and I assume the upstanding Gonzaga coach sees the same.  So you are saying that the Zags pursued with their very best at full steam subbing in all hands on deck pounding whatever DC school into the dirt while beating their chest as SB says to show the DC spartans of a few who was better, Really Tslick!!!

If so, this is the privates I am called upon by a lot here to admire!!!!  Really!!!...

Okay, so you see this and I assume the upstanding Gonzaga coach sees the same.  So you are saying that the Zags pursued with their very best at full steam subbing in all hands on deck pounding whatever DC school into the dirt while beating their chest as SB says to show the DC spartans of a few who was better, Really Tslick!!!

If so, this is the privates I am called upon by a lot here to admire!!!!  Really!!!...

They did what they was supposed to do on the field.

But, C'mon man they know the same rules dont apply.

oh we're coming and bringing gifts

Dang Rob, I just received and looked over the Franklin-Milford game and you where on the mark; Franklin did come to the Mill with gifts.  But I really don't think The Millers enjoyed what you provided them.  Nice nice very nice aerial show and shutdown after the opening Millers' TD drive.  Were you there to see it live?

MIAA league is BS, There is no standards ,no rules , a president that no body ever see at a game , nor does he / she set rules so that schools can't just do whatever they want to such as St Francis

MIAA league is BS, There is no standards ,no rules , a president that no body ever see at a game , nor does he / she set rules so that schools can't just do whatever they want to such as St Francis

...and it's ranked a top 10-15 league in the country on a yearly basis. Don't forget that part.

ok.....so how are we coming with the old WCAC/MIAA MERGER THINGY  

2 hours ago, AgentOrange said:

ok.....so how are we coming with the old WCAC/MIAA MERGER THINGY  

I'd rather revisit adding City & Poly  to the league.  This time hold the Poly principal's dog hostage until he or she signs off on the move.

Edited by TheGuru

On 9/2/2017 at 3:24 PM, TheGuru said:

I'd rather revisit adding City & Poly  to the league.  This time hold the Poly principal's dog hostage until he or she signs off on the move.

Not that dodo AGAIN Gu......  :D

You really all in for two public teams to bolt for the MIAA Bush League who treat two of its conferences like red-headed freckled-faced bow-legged step kids and want its current best A conference team out, right McDeesNuts!!!  You really think public principals have the unilateral authority to just "sign-off" with what you propose or they long to be part of the MIAA to do so????  You just crack a vamp up at times Gu, you really do my man.  And The DayWalker innately has no sense of humor.

Only in America and SunSpot can one hear such nonsense....  I Love It  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, DayWalker said:

Not that dodo AGAIN Gu......  :D

You really all in for two public teams to bolt for the MIAA Bush League who treat two of its conferences like red-headed freckled-faced bow-legged step kids and want its current best A conference team out, right McDeesNuts!!!  You really think public principals have the unilateral authority to just "sign-off" with what you propose or they long to be part of the MIAA to do so????  You just crack a vamp up at times Gu, you really do my man.  And The DayWalker innately has no sense of humor.

Only in America and SunSpot can one hear such nonsense....  I Love It  :rolleyes:

City & Poly can leave the MPSSAA if they wanted to join the MIAA.  See below:

Membership

As described under Article IV—Membership in the MPSSAA Handbook,

• All public high schools in Maryland who qualify under rules and regulations of the Maryland Public Secondary Schools Athletic Association may become members. Application for membership to the Association must be made by May 1 of any school year.

• A school having become a member of the MPSSAA shall continue as a member until such time as it withdraws its  membership.

Whether either of the historic institutions would do such a thing is up for debate but the option is still there.

And where does it say any principal of any given school is the decision maker.  I seem to recall when Baltimore schools joined the MPSSAA it was a collective decision of the body with only Dunbar I believe voting not wanting to leave the MSA but it had to follow it's body when the decision was made by authorities higher than just principals.  Tell me, would the MIAA care to admit all Baltimore City schools or rather just be highly selective and disowned BMore trash they care not to take on???  I mean, the MIAA seems to regret taking on other BMore SAF "trash", right McDeesNuts.  But I understand you want City, Poly, and perhaps Dunbar if they can up their academic game you are banking of Hopkins to reel in.

You do want a lot and dream big Gu.....  Now only if you can secure a stellar QB for Friday night.  B)