Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AgentOrange

The Miaa playoff is a bunch of B.S (Whats needed is a state wide private school playoff)

140 posts in this topic

It is a foolish move by the Miaa not to reach out to both City and Poly. Such a move would complete their conference. 

49 minutes ago, AgentOrange said:

It is a foolish move by the Miaa not to reach out to both City and Poly. Such a move would complete their conference. 

:D  The MIAA needs to reach behind and first grab its own @zz.  It doesn't want SFA about itself and more so now that Poggi has taking SFA nuclear!!!  The MIAA couldn't hold on to Georgetown but for a minute.  It had no playoffs for years.  2/3 of the league, the B and C conferences, are essentially and effectively the unspoken about.  City and Poly would NOT be a savior of The Bush League and complete the MIAA no more than teams who refused to go scorched earth would make them MIAA champs.

City and Poly will not be had, took, hoodwinked, bamboozled, led astray, run amuck cause they know this is what he does AO pronounce A-Hole....  B)

The DayWalker just sayin'  :P

On 9/4/2017 at 5:01 PM, DayWalker said:

:D  The MIAA needs to reach behind and first grab its own @zz.  It doesn't want SFA about itself and more so now that Poggi has taking SFA nuclear!!!  The MIAA couldn't hold on to Georgetown but for a minute.  It had no playoffs for years.  2/3 of the league, the B and C conferences, are essentially and effectively the unspoken about.  City and Poly would NOT be a savior of The Bush League and complete the MIAA no more than teams who refused to go scorched earth would make them MIAA champs.

City and Poly will not be had, took, hoodwinked, bamboozled, led astray, run amuck cause they know this is what he does AO pronounce A-Hole....  B)

I have my reasons for wanting Bcc in the Miaa

On 9/9/2017 at 2:52 PM, AgentOrange said:

I have my reasons for wanting Bcc in the Miaa

It won't happen. BAltimore city public schools probably won't let them. Even if they wanted to and it isn't in their best interest to want to.

On 9/16/2017 at 2:37 PM, jtowne-swim said:

It won't happen. BAltimore city public schools probably won't let them. Even if they wanted to and it isn't in their best interest to want to.

Why do u say this....detail please

After the shellac job Dunbar put on no-heart 40B City, you really need Jswim to explain anything to you?????  :confused:

It don't matter if city was in the sec lol, if the talent can't get in the school why bother. The kids that are getting in are the non football and basketball playing kids. Hell I never seen that small number of kids in the band

40B, what you are saying about numbers, on teams and other activities like even the band and cheerleaders, seems to be happening almost across the board from what I've observed in these three weeks.  The very top haves have but its slim pickings with so many other programs.  I mean I'm seeing schools with just 25 to 30 players, even 4A programs.  The Centennials folding isn't an exception to me.  It's an indication that football can be on a decline in Maryland.

Baltimore has to many schools high schools. But u right, now I think of it city didn't even have cheerleaders. 

23 hours ago, AgentOrange said:

Why do u say this....detail please

If you look at this from a purely football standpoint it looks like they can hold their own. But when you look at a whole athletic standpoint they won't compete. What value is it for them to get destroyed in such a manner to be middle of the pack in football? 

On September 4, 2017 at 5:01 PM, DayWalker said:

It would be great to see all of the MD powerhouses do more than just scrimmage each other. Probably will not happen in our lifetimes.

2 hours ago, Dmvballer said:

It would be great to see all of the MD powerhouses do more than just scrimmage each other. Probably will not happen in our lifetimes.

A so-called powerhouse to the privates are the usual suspects year in and year out we all know who they are.  Publics so-called powerhouses change in any given years; that Box of Chocolates....

Article about the playoffs: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/high-school/bs-va-sp-football-miaa-playoffs-0920-story.html this is BS, and for once I think Dom is absolutely correct! They're still letting this BS Turkey Bowl the league. Giving them a win, where teams could be knocked out of the playoffs? Bush League! 

Also, instead of calling this the MIAA Playoffs, let's call it what it truly is, The Biff Poggi Invitational! Because he's the only Coach to have won it, and will won it again. 

27 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Article about the playoffs: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/high-school/bs-va-sp-football-miaa-playoffs-0920-story.html this is BS, and for once I think Dom is absolutely correct! They're still letting this BS Turkey Bowl the league. Giving them a win, where teams could be knocked out of the playoffs? Bush League! 

Also, instead of calling this the MIAA Playoffs, let's call it what it truly is, The Biff Poggi Invitational! Because he's the only Coach to have won it, and will won it again. 

I guess things aren't always fair especially in the MIAA. Can't be Biff Poggi invitational because he is co head coach, right. Lol

An MIAA playoff makes very little sense in a league of only 7 teams, If you relegate Loyola to the B as many are screaming about you have a championship that is not even half a public school region. There is no tradition and no bragging rights in this. Run the table, beat every other private and you can talk about it at dinner parties and the bars for the next fifty years. 

In terms of tradition the Turkey bowl is much more important to CHC and Loyola than a playoff. That is something to plan a family weekend around, galvanize the alumni, and raise money and prestige for the school. Even if the teams are terrible they will get press because of Turkey Bowl. I imagine the same thing surrounds the MCD and GIl rivalry game. If you are not a part of it is hard to understand, and even winning a playoff game or championship game in this new setup is not compensation for losing that game.  

40B, you ain't got no spare time to be reading no articles, especially 'bout privates crap.  Besides, we know you didn't learn to read while at City so the articles must have had lots of pictures and a centerfold to hold your interest beyond a few seconds.  Anyway, you need to be in the weight room getting in reps for your City match this weekend.  If you need a spotter, I'll get AO to come over; that is, if he can make it with that two tires in the grave truck he has that couldn't get him the Dunbar game last week.  AO just probably ran out of gasoline.  I mean AO probably saw the fuel gauge on E and thought it was his GPS pointing the direction to Edmondson WestSide but he couldn't figure out why he couldn't get there going in circles.

Anyway 40B, forget the privates problems.  We You got issues of your own....

Edited by DayWalker

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Do you think the Turkey Bowl is holding back a state wide private school playoff in general? 

At this point, I'd be ok with the MIAA-A champ locking up with the WCAC champ at Navy Stadium and calling it a day...

THe only state championship that exists for the privates is the MIS wrestling championships, and that is organized by an outside body. There is no sport that wants championships like wrestling.

I just do not think there is any appetite for a championship in football. Scheduling is too difficult, season too protracted, and out side of one or two teams in each of the MIAA, IAC, and WCAC not much enthusiasm for the games. 

46 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Do you think the Turkey Bowl is holding back a state wide private school playoff in general? 

At this point, I'd be ok with the MIAA-A champ locking up with the WCAC champ at Navy Stadium and calling it a day...

Yes, the Turkey Bowl is definitely holding back any chance of a Private School State Championship. 

28 minutes ago, sparky1 said:

THe only state championship that exists for the privates is the MIS wrestling championships, and that is organized by an outside body. There is no sport that wants championships like wrestling.

I just do not think there is any appetite for a championship in football. Scheduling is too difficult, season too protracted, and out side of one or two teams in each of the MIAA, IAC, and WCAC not much enthusiasm for the games. 

That could be true between the coaches and admins. If that championship game were to be played between the WCAC and MIAA it would be heavily attended. Could you imagine DeMatha playing SFA in a championship game this year? 

Edited by Silverbullet

I could imagine it, but would not go to it. and I suspect that the nature of local football is that there would be very little attendance at the event outside of the two schools fan base. I am not knocking it, but lets face it high school football, and even college football, just does not draw the fans in Maryland. 

27 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Could you imagine DeMatha playing SFA in a championship game this year? 

Damn, the two leagues haven't even started league play and you all are already imagining the two championship finalists.  So much for my Box of Chocolates of not knowing what we'll get.  But first you snake oil salesmen, let's EARN the privilege to play for this combo league whatever title or should we just call it the Pencil In Title Series (The Pits)...  Can we let regular season games ( all of them ) factor into just who should be in some sort of playoff system. Or is it puck it for The Pits....

10 minutes ago, sparky1 said:

I could imagine it, but would not go to it. and I suspect that the nature of local football is that there would be very little attendance at the event outside of the two schools fan base. I am not knocking it, but lets face it high school football, and even college football, just does not draw the fans in Maryland. 

Agree to disagree. I think youre underestimating two national Top 25 teams playing each other for a state championship. I get why nobody goes to UMD games. They have been a horrible product and there is too much to do in the Baltimore-Washington area to sit in traffic for that.