• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 naive

naive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,934 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 08:24 AM

Anyone watching this series on PBS? It's fantastic!

http://soundbreaking.com/

#2 EL-FLIPPO

EL-FLIPPO

School & Street Educated

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Doodad Nebula

Posted 16 November 2016 - 11:55 AM

I saw the first four episodes (I think there are eight). Very entertaining. Disappointed that they focused on Elvis rather than Carl Perkins. Also missed mention of Zappa being the first to record a 16-track lp (Hot Rats). Additionally, no mention of Miles Davis breaking the acoustic glass ceiling in Jazz, and venturing into the universe of Jazz Fusion. And no mention of the FIRST musician (I think) to use a synthesizer melodically: Moog - The Electric Eclectics Of Dickk Hyman (1969)

The Minotaur

Edited by EL-FLIPPO, 16 November 2016 - 12:05 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Give not that which is holy unto the dogs,
neither cast ye your pearls before swine,
lest they trample them under their feet
.â€
~
Matthew 7:6 ~

#3 naive

naive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,934 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 01:41 PM

I saw the first four episodes (I think there are eight). Very entertaining. Disappointed that they focused on Elvis rather than Carl Perkins. Also missed mention of Zappa being the first to record a 16-track lp (Hot Rats). Additionally, no mention of Miles Davis breaking the acoustic glass ceiling in Jazz, and venturing into the universe of Jazz Fusion. And no mention of the FIRST musician (I think) to use a synthesizer melodically: Moog - The Electric Eclectics Of Dickk Hyman (1969)

The Minotaur

I think tonight is episode 3 of 8 where they talk about the most powerful instrument of all - the human voice.

I could be wrong, but when I heard them mention Zappa, I don't think they were playing a Zappa song at the time, which I thought was ironic.

Really cool series.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users