133 replies to this topic

#41 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:35 AM

I Guess Thats Why You Guys Have One So Many Titles Lately, Also It Helps When Teams You Play Are Out Taping Your Practices The Week Of The Game Like NE.

Edited by jbmad, 14 December 2016 - 12:53 AM.

#42 Bloodieknuckles

Bloodieknuckles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:40 AM

As a LB alum I totally agree.  No one really cares at LB if the basketball program or football programs are successful.  Year in and year out I tune into the Turkey Bowl and see a lackluster product.  Same with the basketball program.  No idea how Davalli is still the basketball coach after countless losing seasons.  LB has to do a better job from a recruiting standpoint.  I remember in HS when we were a football power winning MIAA titles and never losing a Turkey Bowl in my 4 years at LB.  Hoping to see a better product in the near future on the field and court.

And as an alumnus, how much do you give back to the school each year? Maybe if Loyola's endowment wasn't a fraction of what other schools in the area are bringing in from their alumni, we'd have a shot at giving more guys financial aid, thus making us better on the athletic front. It's not rocket science.

Edited by Bloodieknuckles, 14 December 2016 - 09:03 AM.

#43 EaglePride

EaglePride

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 09:35 AM

There has been an overall unwillingness by the AD and board (some members) to fully commit to recruiting and financing FB and BB recruits. There have been dribs and drabs lately with the establishment of two respective "funds" earmarked for these two sports but LB is a long way off. Pesci set Loyola back 10 years and Keeney seems to throw roadblocks every chance he gets.There is always a lot of talk at Loyola about what needs/should happen with the FB program, but there is always a board member or two who fear that recruiting and funding FB players will "Gilmanize"  the schools mission. That reference to Gilman has actually been used. Until a few of these old board members and more importantly Keeney are gone, nothing will change on Chestnut.

#44 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:09 PM

Crickets from old Maroon tiger after spouting off at the mouth. Just like the response he gave to DD and SFA

#45 mop

mop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:58 PM

And as an alumnus, how much do you give back to the school each year? Maybe if Loyola's endowment wasn't a fraction of what other schools in the area are bringing in from their alumni, we'd have a shot at giving more guys financial aid, thus making us better on the athletic front. It's not rocket science.

When alumni give restricted gifts for the football program or related scholarships and the program budget remains constant (funding is reduced dollar for dollar from the general fund) or scholarship monies are given to non football players, due to the aforementioned Board and administration biases, football alumni are not inclined to invest their hard earned money in a rigged game.

#46 EaglePride

EaglePride

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 01:05 PM

Expect Loyola to be a bottom feeder unless Brant or someone else assumes the role of AD. Even then, building the FB fund to a level to support multiyear commitments to kids will take some time.

#47 Tiger1012

Tiger1012

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 02:35 PM

I Guess Thats Why You Guys Have One So Many Titles Lately, Also It Helps When Teams You Play Are Out Taping Your Practices The Week Of The Game Like NE.

NE?

#48 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 02:49 PM

New England

#49 Maroontiger419

Maroontiger419

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:54 PM

Crickets from old Maroon tiger after spouting off at the mouth. Just like the response he gave to DD and SFA

No idea what your reply to my post about the type of talent needed to win the conference?

#50 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:12 PM

No the poster you responded to said that Loyola in his opinion has talent and you spouted off no that you need this and that. Like I said that's why you guys have won so many titles lately. You have guys who have big school offers but haven't done much either. And I am sure you know what I am talking about with the other stuff

#51 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:13 PM

If not just ask your players who blasted it on Twitter about the taping

#52 Maroontiger419

Maroontiger419

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:19 PM

No the poster you responded to said that Loyola in his opinion has talent and you spouted off no that you need this and that. Like I said that's why you guys have won so many titles lately. You have guys who have big school offers but haven't done much either. And I am sure you know what I am talking about with the other stuff

The top two in the conference have multiple FBS offered kids in two or more classes. That wins your conference. Everyone else has only about one or two. No idea what else you referring to.

#53 agentorange

agentorange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,691 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 05:04 PM

When I watch film on the Dons...I don't see a lack of talent or size.....what I see is a  poorly coached defense that is badly out schemed and simply clueless...The Offense is outdated and the qb very poorly coached. The first clip I saw of the Turkey bowl,, I saw the Dons QB roll one way and throw the opposite way..off his back foot...off balance and across the feild.......thats all I needed to see to know he was poorly coached.....I will not allow anyone to tell me that a school with as many boys as Loyola is under manned....Dunbar makes this issue inexcusable....they have about 200 boys or less and we know what they have accomplished.....  

#54 gillytech

gillytech

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 05:36 PM

Dunbar has closer to 450 boys, but your point is still valid.

#55 mop

mop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 06:12 PM

When I watch film on the Dons...I don't see a lack of talent or size.....what I see is a  poorly coached defense that is badly out schemed and simply clueless...The Offense is outdated and the qb very poorly coached. The first clip I saw of the Turkey bowl,, I saw the Dons QB roll one way and throw the opposite way..off his back foot...off balance and across the feild.......thats all I needed to see to know he was poorly coached.....I will not allow anyone to tell me that a school with as many boys as Loyola is under manned....Dunbar makes this issue inexcusable....they have about 200 boys or less and we know what they have accomplished.....  

Spalding is a better comparison. Same demographics, both parochial (the Jesuits no longer run Loyola: its independent with Jesuit Board seats) and Loyola has a better fb tradition and I'm guessing  a larger endowment. Great question for the LB Board and administration but they don't care....

#56 Maroontiger419

Maroontiger419

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 06:56 PM

When I watch film on the Dons...I don't see a lack of talent or size.....what I see is a poorly coached defense that is badly out schemed and simply clueless...The Offense is outdated and the qb very poorly coached. The first clip I saw of the Turkey bowl,, I saw the Dons QB roll one way and throw the opposite way..off his back foot...off balance and across the feild.......thats all I needed to see to know he was poorly coached.....I will not allow anyone to tell me that a school with as many boys as Loyola is under manned....Dunbar makes this issue inexcusable....they have about 200 boys or less and we know what they have accomplished.....

Dunbar also is basically open enrollment for the FB program and doesn't play nearly as talented teams as they are.

#57 DayWalker

DayWalker

Vampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,298 posts
  • LocationIn Your Worst Nightmares

Posted 14 December 2016 - 07:01 PM

Yes Dunbar did....

2016 Walkersville

2015 Patuxent

2014 DouglassPG

2013 Patterson

Edited by DayWalker, 14 December 2016 - 07:02 PM.

#58 mop

mop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 07:12 PM

Yes Dunbar did....

2016 Walkersville
2015 Patuxent
2014 DouglassPG
2013 Patterson

OMG, ur kidding right, Dunbar is maybe a one win team in the MIAA. You're completely delusional. One decent opponent per year and ur legit? Come on man. 900-1000 two part SAT score?

#59 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,099 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 07:14 PM

OMG, ur kidding right, Dunbar is maybe a one win team in the MIAA. You're completely delusional. One decent opponent per year and ur legit? Come on man. 900-1000 two part SAT score?

Not way
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] O's new slogan

#60 DayWalker

DayWalker

Vampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,298 posts
  • LocationIn Your Worst Nightmares

Posted 14 December 2016 - 07:18 PM

:D  What I am responding to is Dunbar not playing anyone as talented as them.  And I was just naming some teams who beat the supposed open enrollment Dunbar.  Those were the teams for the last four years who halted Dunbar's championship quest.  Chill mop, things are okay....

Now I will ignore for the moment that the MIAA is the A, B, and C conferences and you use MIAA as if the A is all.   But if the truth is to be told, Dunbar would kick some MIAA B and C @zz in my opinion.

Edited by DayWalker, 14 December 2016 - 07:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users