Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BmoreCounty99

Head Coaching Vacancies in Baltimore County

102 posts in this topic

I hear Woodlawn is now open

Who was at Woodlawn? There seems to be a revolving door there.

I am also hearing some buzz about a possible vacancy. But I'm not going to speculate until I have confirmation.

Not a county vacancy but in related news apparently Corey Johnson was just let go (blindsided) at Edmondson after 4 years of consistent winning??? WTF?? SOme of these principals need to be checked!

Not a county vacancy but in related news apparently Corey Johnson was just let go (blindsided) at Edmondson after 4 years of consistent winning??? WTF?? SOme of these principals need to be checked!

Sounds as if we're not getting the whole story.  The coach seems to have been doing a bang up job both on and off the field with his players. 

He did a great job but I think being thrown out of games two years in a row helped her cause and it was a small group of parents that complained about him for some reason. At the city vs ews game the stuff them parents was yelling out directed at him was disrespectful

Sounds as if we're not getting the whole story. The coach seems to have been doing a bang up job both on and off the field with his players.

He did a great job but I think being thrown out of games two years in a row helped her cause and it was a small group of parents that complained about him for some reason. At the city vs ews game the stuff them parents was yelling out directed at him was disrespectful

I saw that. It started to get ugly after he kicked that kid off his bench. He's a good coach but his demeanor rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

Problem Is The Parents, Coaches Should Be In Charge Not Players Ir Parents. Some Of The Parents Showed True Colors At The Loyola Game When Game Was Out Of Hand And A Bunch Of Jv Players In A Player Took A Cheap Shot On One Of Loyolas Young CB And A Few Parents Acted Like They Just Won The Championship. The Coach Told Them To Act Like Adults And They Didnt Like That

I saw that. It started to get ugly after he kicked that kid off his bench. He's a good coach but his demeanor rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

How is his demeanor? Coach Johnson has been coaching and teaching in Baltimore City for 20 years. He has won at every school that he has been at. How many people want to go into city schools and teach-coach for one year let alone 20? He has a good winning record and improved the culture of Edmondson football in terms of GPA. To go from a 1.7 to 2.7 is great work and doesn't happen overnight. He is a well respected science and math teacher also. This is a guy we need working with student athletes of Baltimore City.

The administration (principal) at Edmondson simply did not follow any protocol in "firing" Coach Johnson. It would be nice if the principal actually observed a practice, looked at a practice plan, or anything besides just saying I would like to move in a different direction. There is a process in place and she simply did not follow it. I'm thinking that maybe an inner city principal has more than enough to focus on than worrying about a championship winning coach who improves the team GPA. Also, at least let get the AD on your side before you fire the man.

If I was a betting man looking at some of the Reginald Lewis players twitter pages saying they making moves to Edmondson next year, I would say that she has her eyes on the HC at Lewis.

Good luck to my guy Coach Johnson! Might be crazy at times but coaches in the city don't deal with normalcy most of the day. Thanks for working with kids of Baltimore City and keeping them off the street coach!

How is his demeanor? Coach Johnson has been coaching and teaching in Baltimore City for 20 years. He has won at every school that he has been at. How many people want to go into city schools and teach-coach for one year let alone 20? He has a good winning record and improved the culture of Edmondson football in terms of GPA. To go from a 1.7 to 2.7 is great work and doesn't happen overnight. He is a well respected science and math teacher also. This is a guy we need working with student athletes of Baltimore City.

The administration (principal) at Edmondson simply did not follow any protocol in "firing" Coach Johnson. It would be nice if the principal actually observed a practice, looked at a practice plan, or anything besides just saying I would like to move in a different direction. There is a process in place and she simply did not follow it. I'm thinking that maybe an inner city principal has more than enough to focus on than worrying about a championship winning coach who improves the team GPA. Also, at least let get the AD on your side before you fire the man.

If I was a betting man looking at some of the Reginald Lewis players twitter pages saying they making moves to Edmondson next year, I would say that she has her eyes on the HC at Lewis.

Good luck to my guy Coach Johnson! Might be crazy at times but coaches in the city don't deal with normalcy most of the day. Thanks for working with kids of Baltimore City and keeping them off the street coach!

Don't get me wrong, he didn't deserve this but I think as a coach he has a reputation as a hot head despite all the good he's done. There's no doubt he'll get another coaching gig though because he's a proven winner.

Don't get me wrong, he didn't deserve this but I think as a coach he has a reputation as a hot head despite all the good he's done. There's no doubt he'll get another coaching gig though because he's a proven winner.

I hope he does...

Why would she want the coach from Lewis, didn't he just whip them in playoffs

Coach Townsend is in the first year of the rebuild at Lewis. EW had better personnel than Lewis not a better coach. Loyola would be wise to hire a coach like Townsend.

Coach Townsend is in the first year of the rebuild at Lewis. EW had better personnel than Lewis not a better coach. Loyola would be wise to hire a coach like Townsend.

Usually a team that's rebuilding doesn't go undefeated. TBH Guru it doesn't matter who Loyola hires if the heads of the school don't change how they feel about the programs success

Usually a team that's rebuilding doesn't go undefeated. TBH Guru it doesn't matter who Loyola hires if the heads of the school don't change how they feel about the programs success

Lewis went 4-6 in 2015 so yes 2016 was year 1 of the rebuild. Such a turnaround was easy in Baltimore City D-II with a small influx talented transfers. Coach Townsend knows how to rebuild programs.

I'm happy that Loyola isn't committed to the football team and athletics in general. CHC will be able to take the lead in the football series (down by 9) as long as this apathy remains.

Edited by TheGuru