• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#1 redrhyme

redrhyme

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:24 PM

Do you really think that there are 7 other teams in the state of Maryland who could beat this year's Wise team ? I am so done with the ranking-bias that favors privates who fly down to Fla for one mutual self-serving pony show and then play out a local 8 game season porked with beats. Wise plays in PG county which is among the most heavily recruited areas in the county in both foots and hoops. Yes Dematha has long benefited and recruited this same  20 mile sphere. But I'm talking this 2016 year. I ask you again, do you think that there are 7 other teams in Maryland who would beat this Wise team ? Absolutely no, not, never. I'm happy for the Dematha Maryland Max Prep national ranking, but some years, the publicity comes at the expense of some very strong- maybe unbeatable-  public school teams in both foots and hoops.

#2 knowmercy

knowmercy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:23 PM

Wise is definitely the best team in the state this year, and one could argue last year too. I haven't seen a high school team like this in a long time. I do however hate the team colors.

Edited by knowmercy, 10 December 2016 - 04:24 PM.

#3 Maroontiger419

Maroontiger419

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:33 PM

Do you really think that there are 7 other teams in the state of Maryland who could beat this year's Wise team ? I am so done with the ranking-bias that favors privates who fly down to Fla for one mutual self-serving pony show and then play out a local 8 game season porked with beats. Wise plays in PG county which is among the most heavily recruited areas in the county in both foots and hoops. Yes Dematha has long benefited and recruited this same 20 mile sphere. But I'm talking this 2016 year. I ask you again, do you think that there are 7 other teams in Maryland who would beat this Wise team ? Absolutely no, not, never. I'm happy for the Dematha Maryland Max Prep national ranking, but some years, the publicity comes at the expense of some very strong- maybe unbeatable- public school teams in both foots and hoops.

Teams that could beat Wise in Maryland.

DeMatha, Good Counsel, St. Frances, McDonogh, Spalding, possibly CHC and McNamara.

#4 city40blast

city40blast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:10 PM

They would spank chc lol

#5 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:21 PM

Maroon you were good until you said CHC, man you beat a Loyola team decimated by injuries and now you think you can beat anyone.

#6 TheGuru

TheGuru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,699 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:48 PM

Teams that could beat Wise in Maryland.

DeMatha, Good Counsel, St. Frances, McDonogh, Spalding, possibly CHC and McNamara.

You must be smoking that LOUD. DeMatha & SFA are the only two Maryland teams that could beat Wise and it still would be a tall task. CHC wouldn't have a chance with y'all starting the SR at QB. Even though the SR only had, "wink wink"2 INTs, this season, he would wilt under the speed and athleticism of Wise. The Pumas ain't the Dons, MT419.

#7 TheGuru

TheGuru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,699 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:50 PM

Maroon you were good until you said CHC, man you beat a Loyola team decimated by injuries and now you think you can beat anyone.

Decimated? Loyola would've still lost at full strength.

#8 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:52 PM

Must Of Played Without A Helmet Back In The Day

#9 eaglesinsider

eaglesinsider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:30 PM

Do you really think that there are 7 other teams in the state of Maryland who could beat this year's Wise team ? I am so done with the ranking-bias that favors privates who fly down to Fla for one mutual self-serving pony show and then play out a local 8 game season porked with beats. Wise plays in PG county which is among the most heavily recruited areas in the county in both foots and hoops. Yes Dematha has long benefited and recruited this same  20 mile sphere. But I'm talking this 2016 year. I ask you again, do you think that there are 7 other teams in Maryland who would beat this Wise team ? Absolutely no, not, never. I'm happy for the Dematha Maryland Max Prep national ranking, but some years, the publicity comes at the expense of some very strong- maybe unbeatable-  public school teams in both foots and hoops.

Then advocate for a merger and let it be settled on the field. Until the publics agree to let the privates play together in one common playoff, they should NEVER get the benefit of the doubt because they are freely admitting they can't compete and are afraid of playing the privates.

#10 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:16 PM

#11 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:16 PM

#12 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:20 PM

Tough Playing Without 3of Your Top 4 Receivers, Starting Center Starting CB, Played A Freshman , Best Defensive Player Get Hurt First Series. But Who Knows, Doesnt Really Matter Because They Lost

#13 aacountyfootball

aacountyfootball

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:32 PM

If we include the WCAC then Dematha, St Johns, St Frances, Gonzaga, Good Counsel, Spalding and Mcdonogh. And yes, there are a bunch of privates not on this list that Wise could compete with. They remind me of Mcnamara and MSJ, which are very good programs that both beat some very good teams.

Edited by aacountyfootball, 10 December 2016 - 09:38 PM.

#14 Maroontiger419

Maroontiger419

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:58 PM

Tough Playing Without 3of Your Top 4 Receivers, Starting Center Starting CB, Played A Freshman , Best Defensive Player Get Hurt First Series. But Who Knows, Doesnt Really Matter Because They Lost

Ok.

#15 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:07 PM

Are You Disputing Me Maroon

#16 themamba

themamba

@aka_themamba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationWorldwide

Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:28 PM

You must be smoking that LOUD. DeMatha & SFA are the only two Maryland teams that could beat Wise and it still would be a tall task. CHC wouldn't have a chance with y'all starting the SR at QB. Even though the SR only had, "wink wink"2 INTs, this season, he would wilt under the speed and athleticism of Wise. The Pumas ain't the Dons, MT419.

I agree, DeMatha and St Frances were the only 2 teams in Maryland better than Wise, to me. GC, Spalding, MSJ and McDonogh, on par. They would have beat CHC by 3 touchdowns, in my opinion. Last year's Wise team would have battled this year's St Frances team for the MIAA title.

Edited by themamba, 10 December 2016 - 11:22 PM.

#17 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,107 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:29 PM

Then advocate for a merger and let it be settled on the field. Until the publics agree to let the privates play together in one common playoff, they should NEVER get the benefit of the doubt because they are freely admitting they can't compete and are afraid of playing the privates.

Or you could schedule Wise
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] O's new slogan

#18 themamba

themamba

@aka_themamba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationWorldwide

Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:32 PM

The guy is hilarious.

#19 DayWalker

DayWalker

Vampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,298 posts
  • LocationIn Your Worst Nightmares

Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:56 PM

I believe Wise has an open date next season no one so far wants to take Wise up on.  I heard right now they have a bye week.  Teams tend to not want to play hot teams like Wise for fear of a near guaranteed loss that impact playoff chances.  I believe that's how DouglassPG got to play Wise for the last two years because teams didn't want to play either so they played each other.  Next season would be a good time to take on Wise when they will need to replace a 3-year QB starter.  But be warned, Wise has some nice backups who would start on most teams and Wise had a very nice one loss JV who mirror the varsity in numbers, size, talent with a former DouglassPG stand-out player as their head JV coach.

Edited by DayWalker, 10 December 2016 - 11:03 PM.

#20 DayWalker

DayWalker

Vampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,298 posts
  • LocationIn Your Worst Nightmares

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:00 PM

And not only just schedule Wise but such games need to have an impact on standings for the private teams.  Privates can play non-conference game lose and it does not effect their league posture like a public teams losing and not getting points for their playoff run.  I want more than a privates feelings hurt.....

Edited by DayWalker, 10 December 2016 - 11:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users