Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redrhyme

Wise vs. Dematha Rankings

276 posts in this topic

Do you really think that there are 7 other teams in the state of Maryland who could beat this year's Wise team ? I am so done with the ranking-bias that favors privates who fly down to Fla for one mutual self-serving pony show and then play out a local 8 game season porked with beats. Wise plays in PG county which is among the most heavily recruited areas in the county in both foots and hoops. Yes Dematha has long benefited and recruited this same  20 mile sphere. But I'm talking this 2016 year. I ask you again, do you think that there are 7 other teams in Maryland who would beat this Wise team ? Absolutely no, not, never. I'm happy for the Dematha Maryland Max Prep national ranking, but some years, the publicity comes at the expense of some very strong- maybe unbeatable-  public school teams in both foots and hoops.

Wise is definitely the best team in the state this year, and one could argue last year too. I haven't seen a high school team like this in a long time. I do however hate the team colors.

Edited by knowmercy

Do you really think that there are 7 other teams in the state of Maryland who could beat this year's Wise team ? I am so done with the ranking-bias that favors privates who fly down to Fla for one mutual self-serving pony show and then play out a local 8 game season porked with beats. Wise plays in PG county which is among the most heavily recruited areas in the county in both foots and hoops. Yes Dematha has long benefited and recruited this same 20 mile sphere. But I'm talking this 2016 year. I ask you again, do you think that there are 7 other teams in Maryland who would beat this Wise team ? Absolutely no, not, never. I'm happy for the Dematha Maryland Max Prep national ranking, but some years, the publicity comes at the expense of some very strong- maybe unbeatable- public school teams in both foots and hoops.

Teams that could beat Wise in Maryland.

DeMatha, Good Counsel, St. Frances, McDonogh, Spalding, possibly CHC and McNamara.

Teams that could beat Wise in Maryland.

DeMatha, Good Counsel, St. Frances, McDonogh, Spalding, possibly CHC and McNamara.

You must be smoking that LOUD. DeMatha & SFA are the only two Maryland teams that could beat Wise and it still would be a tall task. CHC wouldn't have a chance with y'all starting the SR at QB. Even though the SR only had, "wink wink"2 INTs, this season, he would wilt under the speed and athleticism of Wise. The Pumas ain't the Dons, MT419.

Do you really think that there are 7 other teams in the state of Maryland who could beat this year's Wise team ? I am so done with the ranking-bias that favors privates who fly down to Fla for one mutual self-serving pony show and then play out a local 8 game season porked with beats. Wise plays in PG county which is among the most heavily recruited areas in the county in both foots and hoops. Yes Dematha has long benefited and recruited this same  20 mile sphere. But I'm talking this 2016 year. I ask you again, do you think that there are 7 other teams in Maryland who would beat this Wise team ? Absolutely no, not, never. I'm happy for the Dematha Maryland Max Prep national ranking, but some years, the publicity comes at the expense of some very strong- maybe unbeatable-  public school teams in both foots and hoops.

Then advocate for a merger and let it be settled on the field. Until the publics agree to let the privates play together in one common playoff, they should NEVER get the benefit of the doubt because they are freely admitting they can't compete and are afraid of playing the privates.

Tough Playing Without 3of Your Top 4 Receivers, Starting Center Starting CB, Played A Freshman , Best Defensive Player Get Hurt First Series. But Who Knows, Doesnt Really Matter Because They Lost

If we include the WCAC then Dematha, St Johns, St Frances, Gonzaga, Good Counsel, Spalding and Mcdonogh. And yes, there are a bunch of privates not on this list that Wise could compete with. They remind me of Mcnamara and MSJ, which are very good programs that both beat some very good teams.

Edited by aacountyfootball

Tough Playing Without 3of Your Top 4 Receivers, Starting Center Starting CB, Played A Freshman , Best Defensive Player Get Hurt First Series. But Who Knows, Doesnt Really Matter Because They Lost

Ok.

You must be smoking that LOUD. DeMatha & SFA are the only two Maryland teams that could beat Wise and it still would be a tall task. CHC wouldn't have a chance with y'all starting the SR at QB. Even though the SR only had, "wink wink"2 INTs, this season, he would wilt under the speed and athleticism of Wise. The Pumas ain't the Dons, MT419.

I agree, DeMatha and St Frances were the only 2 teams in Maryland better than Wise, to me. GC, Spalding, MSJ and McDonogh, on par. They would have beat CHC by 3 touchdowns, in my opinion. Last year's Wise team would have battled this year's St Frances team for the MIAA title.

Edited by themamba

Then advocate for a merger and let it be settled on the field. Until the publics agree to let the privates play together in one common playoff, they should NEVER get the benefit of the doubt because they are freely admitting they can't compete and are afraid of playing the privates.

Or you could schedule Wise

I believe Wise has an open date next season no one so far wants to take Wise up on.  I heard right now they have a bye week.  Teams tend to not want to play hot teams like Wise for fear of a near guaranteed loss that impact playoff chances.  I believe that's how DouglassPG got to play Wise for the last two years because teams didn't want to play either so they played each other.  Next season would be a good time to take on Wise when they will need to replace a 3-year QB starter.  But be warned, Wise has some nice backups who would start on most teams and Wise had a very nice one loss JV who mirror the varsity in numbers, size, talent with a former DouglassPG stand-out player as their head JV coach.

Edited by DayWalker

Or you could schedule Wise

And not only just schedule Wise but such games need to have an impact on standings for the private teams.  Privates can play non-conference game lose and it does not effect their league posture like a public teams losing and not getting points for their playoff run.  I want more than a privates feelings hurt.....

Edited by DayWalker

I believe Wise has an open date next season no one so far wants to take Wise up on. I heard right now they have a bye week. Teams tend to not want to play hot teams like Wise for fear of a near guaranteed lose that impact playoff chances. I believe that's how DouglassPG got to play Wise for the last two years because teams didn't want to play either so they played each other. Next season would be a good time to take on Wise when they will need to replace a 3-year QB starter. But be warned, Wise has some nice backups who would start on most teams and Wise had a very nice one loss JV who mirror the varsity in numbers, size, talent with a former DouglassPG stand-out player as their head JV coach.

Add to that, it must take place in week 1 for Wise. I do give credit to Douglass for taking on the challenge the last 2 seasons.

I agree, on paper, next year would be the year to take on the opportunity, but as you said, plenty of talent remains there.

Add to that, it must take place in week 1 for Wise. I do give credit to Douglass for taking on the challenge the last 2 seasons.

I agree, on paper, next year would be the year to take on the opportunity, but as you said, plenty of talent remains there.

Actually Snake, it was a North Point coach who recently told me they will take on Wise next season in week 1 and Wise has an open week 2 which would be week three private.  And yes, 2A Douglass who has been effectively 1A for several years and on the short list with also now 1A Friendly from what I hear to close, one of the two, played Wise for the last two years and lost and was 5th, out of the playoffs each season.

Actually Snake, it was a North Point coach who recently told me they will take on Wise next season in week 1 and Wise has an open week 2 which would be week three private. And yes, 2A Douglass who has been effectively 1A for several years and on the short list with also now 1A Friendly from what I hear to close, one of the two, played Wise for the last two years and lost and was 5th, out of the playoffs each season.

Ok, I must have been mistaken from what DeLawn had told me. Thanks for the correction.

Nothing is finalized according to one I just texted.  It's a tentative schedule many PG teams will open against SMAC teams in week one next season.  The SMAC and PG had their annual all star game today and PG blew out SMAC 48 to 12 minus the Wise studs and I'm told more than a handful of PG players, 5 to 10 backed out of playing.  PG and the SMAC seem to have a very good relationship in playing each other.