Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redrhyme

Wise vs. Dematha Rankings

276 posts in this topic

EI, how would you be able to determine if a player transferred for athletics only? Did Ellis transfer for this reason or any of the SFA guys? If we are going to make high school football like college football then it should be you sit a year for whatever reason you transfer.

In Texas they have a committee for each district that examines transfers. Not all transfers are flagged but the administration of the school the student is transferring from can flag a transfer as "for athletic purposes," which then prompts the district to examine the transfer. They look at a number of factors including academic rankings of the school, if the school the student left felt they were leaving for athletic reasons and how each school was doing in the sports the transferring student plays. Administrations and coaches from both schools get a chance to present their case and the student's transfer can either be approved, approved with restrictions (sit out a year) or flat out denied.

TX ranks every public school in the state academically and makes the data publicly available. A school that doesn't meet standards one time cannot stop a student from transferring out to a higher rated academic district. A school that doesn't meet standards two times in a row can be closed.

And yes, this should have applied to Ellis and all the SFA transfers. There should be one state-wide set of rules governing transfers for both public and private schools.

You have to love quotes from unidentifiable sources. I just don't love them enough to post about the half-dozen plus horror stories that former players and their parents have told me regarding their experience at several MIAA schools. Maybe my love will grow for such a thing, and then we can really get this board hopping.

Wise's BEST win is over the #618 team in the nation (Quince Orchard). This is also their only win over a team in the top 1,000. The best team they played in "tough" PG County was #1724 Roosevelt, who was also the PG team they played in the top 2,000.

DeMatha has two wins over the #33 team in the nation (SJC) and they also beat #107 (McDonogh), #109 (Gonzaga), #165 (GC, twice), #369 (Oscar Smith) and #549 (McNamara). That's 8 of their 12 wins better than Wise's best win. 8 of Wise's 14 wins were ranked lower than DeMatha's WORST win (Archbishop Carroll)

Saint John's (DC) has 5 wins better than Wise's best win with their worst loss to #109 GZ.

SFA has 5 wins better than Wise's best win with their worst loss to #38 Paramus Catholic (NJ).

Archbishop Spalding has 2 wins better than Wise's best win with their worst loss to #165 GC.

McDonogh has 4 wins better than Wise's best win with their worst loss to #88 Archbishop Spalding. 12 of Wise's wins were ranked lower than McDonogh's WORST win (Loyola).

They can't compete. They haven't played ANYONE. Big fish in a small pond who, in any state with a real state association, would have had to forfeit their entire season for bringing in athletically-motivated transfers. I know for a fact that both McDonogh and DeMatha have reached out to Wise about playing Week 1. Let's see if they man up and play some real competition.

You have to love quotes from unidentifiable sources. I just don't love them enough to post about the half-dozen plus horror stories that former players and their parents have told me regarding their experience at several MIAA schools. Maybe my love will grow for such a thing, and then we can really get this board hopping.

Why would I have any reason to lie about Franklin? There's several schools making a mockery of the notion that public school football is community based. You need me to name all of them?

Linganore, Wise, Franklin and Dundalk are the main culprits right now. Not to mention that fact that outside of City and Poly, the City public schools are pretty much a revolving door for players all jumping to the new hot destination. Dunbar to Douglass to Lewis and I hear Edmondson might be the next stop. I know for a fact that Linganore had a player on their team that lived in West Virginia two years ago. Everyone knew about River Hill's apartment complex during their run of dominance. 

Edited by eaglesinsider

LOL! It seems as many as half of the posters on here that actually go to games strongly disagree with you, and that's alright if you are on the other side. Fortunately, I watched 10 games this season involving MIAA teams, so I don't have to rely on hearsay or over-hype.

Florida St won the national championship in '13 by playing 1 team ranked inside the top 20 in their 13 games before beating Auburn, king of the SEC that year. That one team, Miami, ended up lpsing 3 of their last 5 and fell out of the top 25 altogether.

LOL! It seems as many as half of the posters on here that actually go to games strongly disagree with you, and that's alright if you are on the other side. Fortunately, I watched 10 games this season involving MIAA teams, so I don't have to rely on hearsay or over-hype.

Florida St won the national championship in '13 by playing 1 team ranked inside the top 20 in their 13 games before beating Auburn, king of the SEC that year. That one team, Miami, ended up lpsing 3 of their last 5 and fell out of the top 25 altogether.

I was at at least one game (public or private) every week this year. I've seen everyone from DeMatha to Fort Hill and from Manchester Valley to Wise play. Wise sucks relative to DeMatha. Sorry you're so butthurt. I know your posting on behalf of your  "boy" the coach at Wise but just because you like the guy doesn't make them a good team. 

Why would I have any reason to lie about Franklin? There's several schools making a mockery of the notion that public school football is community based. You need me to name all of them?

Linganore, Wise, Franklin and Dundalk are the main culprits right now. Not to mention that fact that outside of City and Poly, the City public schools are pretty much a revolving door for players all jumping to the new hot destination. Dunbar to Douglass to Lewis and I hear Edmondson might be the next stop. I know for a fact that Linganore had a player on their team that lived in West Virginia two years ago. Everyone knew about River Hill's apartment complex during their run of dominance.

Did you do an investigation on the residencies of every Fort Hill and Walkersville player on their respective rosters? To state that as fact is utterly ridiculous. Edited by themamba

I was at at least one game (public or private) every week this year. I've seen everyone from DeMatha to Fort Hill and from Manchester Valley to Wise play. Wise sucks relative to DeMatha. Sorry you're so butthurt. I know your posting on behalf of your  "boy" the coach at Wise but just because you like the guy doesn't make them a good team.

You sound like an idiot. I post about more random teams across the state, in both football and basketball, than anyone, and have for 10 years. Does that make me boys with the other 187 various coaches whose teams I've mentioned? I know alot of people, but thats proposterous. I'll leave it to the other posters to gauge who's butt seems to hurt. Nevermind one who seems to have the same symptoms at the same time every year.

That's the problem this perception where you can do whatever you want

That logic got you 2 wins

MCD butt hurt

And SFA an MIAA title

Oh wait

It's not just logic, it's called facts! They're a private school and can do whatever(within reason of course)! That's why you pay to go to the school. They can bring in kids from wherever!

It's not just logic, it's called facts! They're a private school and can do whatever(within reason of course)! That's why you pay to go to the school. They can bring in kids from wherever!

And it's also fact that kids can go to a public school if said school offers a curriculum that he/she is interested in

For free

And it's also fact that kids can go to a public school if said school offers a curriculum that he/she is interested in

For free

Ok, and? You made a point by saying that McD does the same thing as what(still not sure)? My point is. What's your point? They can do whatever because they're private.

Ok, and? You made a point by saying that McD does the same thing as what(still not sure)? My point is. What's your point? They can do whatever because they're private.

The means to do whatever you want does NOT mean one should do whatever....  Quite frankly, it is most unethical to solicit players who are with others to play for another team.  To do so even if there is no rule prohibiting it smacks of bush league crap.  Have some moral standards...some ethics!!!

I agree DW, but it's not just the privates. It HS gotten out of hand all over. High school football is trying to be big business like college football.

I agree DW, but it's not just the privates. It HS gotten out of hand all over. High school football is trying to be big business like college football.

Agreed

But is very hypocritical to have one school criticize another for doing the same thing they do

Agreed

But is very hypocritical to have one school criticize another for doing the same thing they do

It's especially hypocritical when the MIAA has somewhat of a rule against poaching players from within it's league but it's a free-for-all in snatching players from other leagues and schools.  What the MIAA doesn't condone between each other but is okay outside speaks volumes!!!!

bush Bush BUSH League....  :rolleyes:

And DW just say you don't like the MIAA and enough said. Your Publics do it all the time also. Dunbar is known for it, Wise also so give it a break. It should be a statewide rule

And DW just say you don't like the MIAA and enough said. Your Publics do it all the time also. Dunbar is known for it, Wise also so give it a break. It should be a statewide rule

They all do it and apparently it's ok because schools can do whatever they want especially if the have money ????