Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redrhyme

Wise vs. Dematha Rankings

276 posts in this topic

No Not All Schools Do It, We All Know The Main Combataints. Like I Said Make It Statewide And Money Is Taken Out If The Picture.

No Not All Schools Do It, We All Know The Main Combataints. Like I Said Make It Statewide And Money Is Taken Out If The Picture.

Ahhhhh don't want to be called a DayWalker wannabe

And DW just say you don't like the MIAA and enough said. Your Publics do it all the time also. Dunbar is known for it, Wise also so give it a break. It should be a statewide rule

And just what do you know about Wise and I'll give you a break.  Have you so much as ever been to the school grounds let alone go inside, talked to anyone on the staff?  And before you answer, I do personally know the head football coach and several of the assistants.  I know the AD and have known several of the former principals of the school.

The typical heartburn your lot have with a school like Wise is that it is a big time winner and haters just hate winners.  You (your lot) do it currently with Wise.  You did with Dunbar.  You did with River Hill.  You did with Northwest.  Win and the haters will question anything about the program.  Yeah, there should be a statewide rule against hating just for the sake of hating, especially from your privates so full of envy; so full of shyte!!!  This would be a little more than just saying I don't like the miaa....  :rolleyes:

Edited by DayWalker

Congrats to Wise State Champs. They beat who they played. Nuff said. We can speculate all we want but they're not playing DeMatha. I'm a Private School guy but QO has a good program and they blew them out. Just give credit. I have an opinion on who I think who would win if they played but on a given day who knows. Got to be a great feeling winning a state championship. DeMatha had a great year, Wise had a Great year, Damascus had a Great year, SFA had a great year. All good! On to Basketball!

Wise benefits from transfers, that is not disputable.  Good players want to play at Wise and they find a way to get in during the June school musical chair policies in PG.  Add to that that Wise has an outstanding coaching staff, some of the best facilities that would rival many of the best Privates  and you have a recipe where players will seek out Wise.  Also, parents talk to each other and they can put ideas in others heads about coming to their school.  All of this is legal.

Wise is the perfect storm. Wise has advantages that most other PG schools can't match.

I think it is common knowledge that Dematha has extended an open invitation to play Wise anytime, this upcoming year included. My understanding is the ball is in their court. Brooks has proven he will take his team to play anyone anywhere. No need to talk when they can settle it on the field.

This year the debate is whether Dematha is better than Grayson or Desoto, not Wise.

Edited by aacountyfootball

Congrats to Wise State Champs. They beat who they played. Nuff said. We can speculate all we want but they're not playing DeMatha. I'm a Private School guy but QO has a good program and they blew them out. Just give credit. I have an opinion on who I think who would win if they played but on a given day who knows. Got to be a great feeling winning a state championship. DeMatha had a great year, Wise had a Great year, Damascus had a Great year, SFA had a great year. All good! On to Basketball!

Fine but every year there are the usual suspects who chime in here yaking about what public state champion can't do to a couple private league title winners!!!  It's not usually there could be a great match up but rather hands down what the publics cannot do to the privates; that is, the privates cannot lose or it's impossible for a public to win.  The publics don't come in here yaking about getting fulfilled in beating privates.  We are just saying ANYONE can be beaten while privates say no way the best of them can lose.  And whenever a public does beat a private, the private had a down year or it was a perfect storm, or some other lame @zz excuse.

Calvert Hall getting whipped one season by Friendly and Gwynn Park comes to mind.  Douglass beating Spalding at Spalding with a freshman QB playing in his very first high school game jumps out.  Or lil 1A Fort Hill handing blue-blood Mount Saint Joe an L to the dismay of the elites surfaces.  I recall the Calvert Hall contingent in here talking up how the 2014 #1 Maryland team Douglass should have stepped up it's game and played Calvert Hall when that would have a been just another Douglass 40-point beat down that season.

Just stop stop stop the nonsense that privates cannot be beaten by publics.....

If you gave McNamara and Wise the same jerseys, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two teams. If Wise played McNamara's schedule, it would of played out the exact same. They would have a huge upset win over a team like Bishop Sullivan and they would lose to Gonzaga, DeMatha, Good Counsel, McDonogh, and St. John's. Wise doesn't have the horses to play that type of football.

With that being said, I don't understand why they wouldn't schedule one top private per season. They are going to stomp everyone else on their way to the state championship, so just schedule the game and hope your guys show up and pull off the upset. There is nothing to lose. If you lose, just cite the usual recruiting excuse.

I think it is common knowledge that Dematha has extended an open invitation to play Wise anytime, this upcoming year included. My understanding is the ball is in their court. Brooks has proven he will take his team to play anyone anywhere. No need to talk when they can settle it on the field.

This year the debate is whether Dematha is better than Grayson or Desoto, not Wise.

Who you got

Stags or Desoto

Wise benefits from transfers, that is not disputable.  Good players want to play at Wise and they find a way to get in during the June school musical chair policies in PG.  Add to that that Wise has an outstanding coaching staff, some of the best facilities that would rival many of the best Privates  and you have a recipe where players will seek out Wise.  Also, parents talk to each other and they can put ideas in others heads about coming to their school.  All of this is legal.

Wise is the perfect storm. Wise has advantages that most other PG schools can't match.

Why do you think transfers are all beneficial....  Good players may want in at Wise but what good is it to get in and can't get on the field.  I know of several kids would prefer to play elsewhere than be a cheerleader or be scout team at Wise.  I was around Friendly during the Haden years and to see several players seek a playing role at Gwynn Park rather than do mop up work for Joe Haden and his brothers.  The Wise 3-year QB is supposedly on his way to West Point but the former 4-year Douglass QB now at Syracuse very well could have also been at Wise where he lived but elected to stay in the IB program he was in from middle school and offered at Douglass and not at Wise.

Transfers....all schools have transfers, some in and some out and some both.  Some parents transfer their kids out of Wise because it is a popular school prone to over crowding and a high student to teacher ratio.  Big pretty build is not always an advantage that most other PG schools can't match.  A new Fairmont Heights is coming onboard next year.  I doubt very seriously if Fairmont will suddenly go from 1A to 4A because the building is new.  Old Oxon Hill was a 4A school but the new Oxon Hill is 3A.  Again, don't be naive to think "it's the shoe" --- the building / facilities.  Coach Parrish built his program and quick frankly, Wise would likely fall to mediocre if he were to no longer run that program.  Wise has a large team but most don't play.

If you gave McNamara and Wise the same jerseys, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two teams. If Wise played McNamara's schedule, it would of played out the exact same. They would have a huge upset win over a team like Bishop Sullivan and they would lose to Gonzaga, DeMatha, Good Counsel, McDonogh, and St. John's. Wise doesn't have the horses to play that type of football.

With that being said, I don't understand why they wouldn't schedule one top private per season. They are going to stomp everyone else on their way to the state championship, so just schedule the game and hope your guys show up and pull off the upset. There is nothing to lose. If you lose, just cite the usual recruiting excuse.

The line and linebackers is where you get the disparity. The elite A conference and WCAC teams are different from 99.99% of any teams in the nation in those areas. The skills are a wash.

The St Johns and Dematha front seven this year were really special. Whoever has the guys that can block a Chase Young/Tyree Johnson then needs someone to block Wardlow/Rose and then they need someone to block Fontaine/Lyons or Spence/Goode and then you got the second level with Donaldson/Toro/Washington or Lee/Smith/Vessells.

That, in a nutshell, is the difference and most folks are busy comparing qbs, rbs, wrs and dbs. Great skill guys are a dime a dozen and many high schools private and public have them. Many publics and privates also have a couple of goons up front. There simply arent many teams in the nation that can put 7 FBS caliber guys in the front 7 on the high school level and those are the teams that tend to be able to compete on a national level.

DW I never said Wise couldn't beat a private school, very good program with obviously very good coaching, success would tell me this. And no I have never been to Wise. I do know that the Publics in the playoffs who played privates in the MIAA this year all lost though. And no t it was not Wise but Dunbar, Franklin Edmondson all lost

The game broadcasters mentioned that wise has 93 kids who have gone on to play on college football scholarships over the past 9 years.  I bet the past 3 year average is even higher than 10 kids per year.  They can compete with the big boys, don't let private school bias get in the way of logic.

Who you got

Stags or Desoto

Unbiased, I would say that if Desoto wins the Texas state title then you give them the slight nod. Grayson could not beat Dematha. Edited by aacountyfootball

Wise doesn't have horses!  De.....please!!!  You need to polish your cloudy crystal ball on what Wise could or can't do.

Wise is stomping everyone on its way to a state championship much like DeMatha stomped everyone ( minus a one point SJC win ) on it's way to a "league championship."  Tell me who has won that league championship in the last 10 to 15 years speaking of Stomping the Yard.

You darn mercenaries kill me.....  And the ones with air pistols very well could, at least put out an eye!

Unbiased, I would say that if Desoto wins the Texas state title then you give them the slight nod. Grayson could not beat Dematha.

Can't wait to watch your boy at the next level

The line and linebackers is where you get the disparity. The elite A conference and WCAC teams are different from 99.99% of any teams in the nation in those areas. The skills are a wash.

The St Johns and Dematha front seven this year were really special. Whoever has the guys that can block a Chase Young/Tyree Johnson then needs someone to block Wardlow/Rose and then they need someone to block Fontaine/Lyons or Spence/Goode and then you got the second level with Donaldson/Toro/Washington or Lee/Smith/Vessells.

That, in a nutshell, is the difference and most folks are busy comparing qbs, rbs, wrs and dbs. Great skill guys are a dime a dozen and many high schools private and public have them. Many publics and privates also have a couple of goons up front. There simply arent many teams in the nation that can put 7 FBS caliber guys in the front 7 on the high school level and those are the teams that tend to be able to compete on a national level.

I've seen the so-called elite A conference and WCAC teams and they are NOT the same top to bottom.  In the WCAC for example, if they were so great or good then there would be so much more parity rather than the usual suspects winning your title year in and year out or games year in and year out.

Every year you WCAC cheerleaders boast about how special your players are.  You are no different than GA who would preach to us every season about Gilman's so special kids, the real deals, etc.  But it is what it is.  A highly selected and recruited group of mercenary athletes with visions of sugar NFL stardom dancing in their heads put there by your lots' worship of them since elementary school.  Google any of the names you mentioned and you will probably find YouTube videos of them just out of pampers demonstrating their skills.

But the bottom line in your what teams across the nation can and cannot do while you suggest DeMatha can is that it will never be settled on the field but rather in what you privates live and die by ----- RANKINGS, opinions!!!  All the players you named would find themselves evenly matched or not as good as Starks/Wilmore, Hawkins/Jefferson, Francis/Dantle, Simms/Harris, Dulaney/Beckon, Shaw/Murphey, and Bogen/Liston.  Names I just made up and rattled off...

Daywalker, I agree that most wcac and miaa teams are not special up front. But the elite one or two each year tend to be. This year it was St Johns and Dematha that had out of this world front sevens. In the past it may have been Gilman or Good Counsel. With all due respect, there were no public schools within a 6 hour radius that could block either front. That is not me being a homer. That is just is what it is. Watch the film.

Wise's BEST win is over the #618 team in the nation (Quince Orchard). This is also their only win over a team in the top 1,000. The best team they played in "tough" PG County was #1724 Roosevelt, who was also the PG team they played in the top 2,000.

DeMatha has two wins over the #33 team in the nation (SJC) and they also beat #107 (McDonogh), #109 (Gonzaga), #165 (GC, twice), #369 (Oscar Smith) and #549 (McNamara). That's 8 of their 12 wins better than Wise's best win. 8 of Wise's 14 wins were ranked lower than DeMatha's WORST win (Archbishop Carroll)

Saint John's (DC) has 5 wins better than Wise's best win with their worst loss to #109 GZ.

SFA has 5 wins better than Wise's best win with their worst loss to #38 Paramus Catholic (NJ).

Archbishop Spalding has 2 wins better than Wise's best win with their worst loss to #165 GC.

McDonogh has 4 wins better than Wise's best win with their worst loss to #88 Archbishop Spalding. 12 of Wise's wins were ranked lower than McDonogh's WORST win (Loyola).

They can't compete. They haven't played ANYONE. Big fish in a small pond who, in any state with a real state association, would have had to forfeit their entire season for bringing in athletically-motivated transfers. I know for a fact that both McDonogh and DeMatha have reached out to Wise about playing Week 1. Let's see if they man up and play some real competition.

Where are you get these rankings?  From MaxPreps, which is a computer poll that is based on scores that MUST BE REPORTED ACCURATELY (http://www.maxpreps.com/news/X4MCEfnBEeC-rAAmVebEWg/how-the-maxpreps-rankings-work.htm) ??  Myself have sent in 4-5 corrections to MaxPreps this year alone, to include the Calvert Hall/St Mary's Ryken game. No way I am treating MaxPreps as the gospel of rankings, because who to say that the rest of the reported scores are 100% accurate.  Or why should I trust a computer to say who is good and who is not ?

Edited by ShoNuff07

DW I never said Wise couldn't beat a private school, very good program with obviously very good coaching, success would tell me this. And no I have never been to Wise. I do know that the Publics in the playoffs who played privates in the MIAA this year all lost though. And no t it was not Wise but Dunbar, Franklin Edmondson all lost

Regular season...

2A 7 and 3 3rd region seed Dunbar with probably the lowest 2A playoff points,

3A 8 and 1 2rd region seed Franklin a decent competitive team, and

1A 4 and 6 3rd region seed Edmondson

These are the Baltimore area only teams you are bringing up as what your premiere league took on and defeated!!!!  Yeap, you are correct and on point.  They weren't Wise. They were not Damascus.  They were not even Fort Hill.  Yes, your less than mediocre 15 and 17 MIAA beat the 19 and 10 publics.  The mercenaries won to affirm their state of Maryland football dominance!!   :rolleyes:

Where are you get these rankings?  From MaxPreps, which is a computer poll that is based on scores that MUST BE REPORTED ACCURATELY (http://www.maxpreps.com/news/X4MCEfnBEeC-rAAmVebEWg/how-the-maxpreps-rankings-work.htm) ??  Myself have send in 4-5 corrections to MaxPreps, to include the Calvert Hall/St Mary's Ryken game. No way I am treating MaxPreps as the gospel of rankings, because who to say that the rest of the reported scores are 100% accurate.  Or why should I trust a computer to say who is good and who is not ?

McNugget is merely a stats ranking jock strap who lives and die by rankings, polls, opinions, etc.  But if the truth is to be told, he is still riding the jock straps of McD's back-to-back wins over Gilman at the same time he wishes to bury the first and subsequent loss to SFA he wants out of the bush league.  Now if we can just get McD consistently better than 3 or more losses each year yet still top ranked by MaxieP....  :rolleyes:

Edited by DayWalker

Daywalker, I agree that most wcac and miaa teams are not special up front. But the elite one or two each year tend to be. This year it was St Johns and Dematha that had out of this world front sevens. In the past it may have been Gilman or Good Counsel. With all due respect, there were no public schools within a 6 hour radius that could block either front. That is not me being a homer. That is just is what it is. Watch the film.

aa

I have a bin full of 2015 game videos still to look over.  I get tons of it weekly from around the DMV so I am the last to suggest watch the film.  But I've seen more than enough so far this year to say while DeMatha is an undefeated team, they are nothing super extra special you are ranting about.  They are simply a solid team but expected to be so with its tradition and cadre of highly selected recruited players.  Didn't someone here mention about advantages Wise had over others?  That's nothing compared to the advantages and resources available at DeMatha.

You are centered on DeMatha within an over flowing DeMatha bias so you would believe that not a team within a 6-hour radius can hang with the Stags.  But I merely beg to differ in watching a heck of a lot more film than you and most others here.  We need not go 6-hours for DeMatha to face a potential loss since DeMatha survived a big one point win against SJC just 1 hour away....

Come on aa, you are beginning to sound like the Tarnished Bullet.

Edited by DayWalker

I said public school within a 6 hour radius Daywalker because of the recruiting and practice rules advantages.