#261 DayWalker

DayWalker

Vampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,298 posts
  • LocationIn Your Worst Nightmares

Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:15 PM

You wouldn't need to hope if you had developed a relationship with others you now just want to use so you need not go on long trips.  But the McDonogh history or the lack of a history with publics may demand you warm up the interstate bus.

#262 Tomslick

Tomslick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 08:05 PM

Today, tomorrow, next season, or seasons afterwards, publics do NOT have to entertain you privates.  You're tired of public school types complaining about rankings!!!!   Dude, it's privates who are all about rankings.  I told you the public goal is all about the state public school championships, not a league title or rankings.  It's you and your lot in here year after year around this time with this same "...top publics should play top privates..." banter.  But from year to year to year to year, your top privates are the same ole usual suspects while for the public it's life is like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you'll get as Mr. Gump would say JPW mop.....

They are the only ones watching that rankings mess and thinking that who you play is more important than how you play. Not a recruiter in the country cares about the league you play in or HS rankings.LOL!!! That **** is for the private parents and adds to their reason for paying. One GC parent who son is on JV talks more trash about all the schools in the area and believes that because his son plays for GC it will guarantee his football future. I told the idiot that he first has to get his youngin off of JV because 99%+ of JV kids dont get recruited. 

#263 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 08:40 PM

DW and TS, you do understand that this thread was started by a public school supporter to debate rankings, right?

#264 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,099 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 08:47 PM

McD needs Weeks 1,4 & 5

Hoping against hope that some public school will step up and schedule them so they don't end up with 2 long OOS trips.

Your week 1 or ours lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] O's new slogan

#265 DayWalker

DayWalker

Vampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,298 posts
  • LocationIn Your Worst Nightmares

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:46 PM

DW and TS, you do understand that this thread was started by a public school supporter to debate rankings, right?

And your point??????

It didn't take much for the 30-poster to draw you MIAA / WCAC whacks out to debate the matter, right?

#266 eaglesinsider

eaglesinsider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:29 PM

Your week 1 or ours lol

Public school week 1. They have Gonzaga at home for their first game. They need a replacement for Franklin.

#267 jtowne-swim

jtowne-swim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,192 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 08:12 AM

If you gave McNamara and Wise the same jerseys, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two teams. If Wise played McNamara's schedule, it would of played out the exact same. They would have a huge upset win over a team like Bishop Sullivan and they would lose to Gonzaga, DeMatha, Good Counsel, McDonogh, and St. John's. Wise doesn't have the horses to play that type of football.

With that being said, I don't understand why they wouldn't schedule one top private per season. They are going to stomp everyone else on their way to the state championship, so just schedule the game and hope your guys show up and pull off the upset. There is nothing to lose. If you lose, just cite the usual recruiting excuse.

Some years (Most) PG 4a teams don't have open dates.
In 20 years....... when global warming causes the polar ice caps to melt....... and the whole planet floods. Swimmers will rule the World:cool: !

ACTION....ADVENTURE.....EXCITEMENT....A Jedi seeks not these things.:D
-Master Yoda

#268 jtowne-swim

jtowne-swim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,192 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 09:02 AM

So kids can change schools within the same league no penalties. Wild Wild West.

How is that different than the WCAC who had ruled and doesn't enforce them....wait it is different....PG is following their existing rules!
In 20 years....... when global warming causes the polar ice caps to melt....... and the whole planet floods. Swimmers will rule the World:cool: !

ACTION....ADVENTURE.....EXCITEMENT....A Jedi seeks not these things.:D
-Master Yoda

#269 TDcity

TDcity

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 03:37 PM

Rumors Wise vs CHC

#270 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:37 AM

Rumors Wise vs CHC

According to Wise schedule on MaxPreps Calvert Hall travels to PG County to play Wise in week 2 (08 Sept)

http://www.maxpreps....ll/schedule.htm

#271 Maroontiger419

Maroontiger419

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:05 AM

According to Wise schedule on MaxPreps Calvert Hall travels to PG County to play Wise in week 2 (08 Sept)

http://www.maxpreps....ll/schedule.htm

Yup. That's been reported for months.

#272 city40blast

city40blast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:32 AM

Does chc have any weapons coming back?

#273 Mrkeyjr

Mrkeyjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:14 PM

Do you really think that there are 7 other teams in the state of Maryland who could beat this year's Wise team ? I am so done with the ranking-bias that favors privates who fly down to Fla for one mutual self-serving pony show and then play out a local 8 game season porked with beats. Wise plays in PG county which is among the most heavily recruited areas in the county in both foots and hoops. Yes Dematha has long benefited and recruited this same  20 mile sphere. But I'm talking this 2016 year. I ask you again, do you think that there are 7 other teams in Maryland who would beat this Wise team ? Absolutely no, not, never. I'm happy for the Dematha Maryland Max Prep national ranking, but some years, the publicity comes at the expense of some very strong- maybe unbeatable-  public school teams in both foots and hoops.

If you are including private, yeah a number of teams could beat Wise. Someone referenced DeMatha and McNamara. They would both likely handle Wise. Throw Riverdale Baptist, Rock Creek Christian, Capital Christian, National Christian and possibly Bullis in the mix too . G'Town Prep as well possibly. 

Wise would spank OLGC. I think I saw someone ref OLGC as a team Wise could beat. Not happening. 

Ed Note: whoops. Thought this was regarding hoops. 

Edited by Mrkeyjr, 17 March 2017 - 01:20 PM.

#274 themamba

themamba

@aka_themamba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationWorldwide

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:39 PM

If you are including private, yeah a number of teams could beat Wise. Someone referenced DeMatha and McNamara. They would both likely handle Wise. Throw Riverdale Baptist, Rock Creek Christian, Capital Christian, National Christian and possibly Bullis in the mix too . G'Town Prep as well possibly.

Wise would spank OLGC. I think I saw someone ref OLGC as a team Wise could beat. Not happening.

Ed Note: whoops. Thought this was regarding hoops.

This post makes zero sense. Nevermind that you had the wrong sport, had you been on target with the right sport, your speculation has been defeated by reality.

Of the 8 private schools you named, Wise played the 2 highest ranked of the 8 in the WaPost and beat both. The Pumas beat Riverdale Baptist by 13 and Rock Creek Christian by 6.

I know there are crazy theories thrown around in the off-season, specifically when it comes to wild speculation regarding how privates would beat publics, but thankfully, there is also reality.

Edited by themamba, 17 March 2017 - 08:49 PM.

#275 WhoMe

WhoMe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:17 AM

Wise is definitely the best team in the state this year, and one could argue last year too. I haven't seen a high school team like this in a long time. I do however hate the team colors.

Can we stop with this. Wise has a lane that they control right now, good for them, but just stop there are a number of teams ahead of them that could dispute that.

#276 themamba

themamba

@aka_themamba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationWorldwide

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:16 AM

Can we stop with this. Wise has a lane that they control right now, good for them, but just stop there are a number of teams ahead of them that could dispute that.

It seems you pushed the gas, taking it from park to start, going back more than 3 months to find this seemingly innocent post. Welcome to the forum, by the way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users