#22 themamba

themamba

@aka_themamba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationWorldwide

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:07 PM

I believe Wise has an open date next season no one so far wants to take Wise up on. I heard right now they have a bye week. Teams tend to not want to play hot teams like Wise for fear of a near guaranteed lose that impact playoff chances. I believe that's how DouglassPG got to play Wise for the last two years because teams didn't want to play either so they played each other. Next season would be a good time to take on Wise when they will need to replace a 3-year QB starter. But be warned, Wise has some nice backups who would start on most teams and Wise had a very nice one loss JV who mirror the varsity in numbers, size, talent with a former DouglassPG stand-out player as their head JV coach.

Add to that, it must take place in week 1 for Wise. I do give credit to Douglass for taking on the challenge the last 2 seasons.

I agree, on paper, next year would be the year to take on the opportunity, but as you said, plenty of talent remains there.

#23 DayWalker

DayWalker

Vampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,298 posts
  • LocationIn Your Worst Nightmares

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:21 PM

Add to that, it must take place in week 1 for Wise. I do give credit to Douglass for taking on the challenge the last 2 seasons.

I agree, on paper, next year would be the year to take on the opportunity, but as you said, plenty of talent remains there.

Actually Snake, it was a North Point coach who recently told me they will take on Wise next season in week 1 and Wise has an open week 2 which would be week three private.  And yes, 2A Douglass who has been effectively 1A for several years and on the short list with also now 1A Friendly from what I hear to close, one of the two, played Wise for the last two years and lost and was 5th, out of the playoffs each season.

#24 themamba

themamba

@aka_themamba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationWorldwide

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:37 PM

Actually Snake, it was a North Point coach who recently told me they will take on Wise next season in week 1 and Wise has an open week 2 which would be week three private. And yes, 2A Douglass who has been effectively 1A for several years and on the short list with also now 1A Friendly from what I hear to close, one of the two, played Wise for the last two years and lost and was 5th, out of the playoffs each season.

Ok, I must have been mistaken from what DeLawn had told me. Thanks for the correction.

#25 DayWalker

DayWalker

Vampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,298 posts
  • LocationIn Your Worst Nightmares

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:59 PM

Nothing is finalized according to one I just texted.  It's a tentative schedule many PG teams will open against SMAC teams in week one next season.  The SMAC and PG had their annual all star game today and PG blew out SMAC 48 to 12 minus the Wise studs and I'm told more than a handful of PG players, 5 to 10 backed out of playing.  PG and the SMAC seem to have a very good relationship in playing each other.

#26 eaglesinsider

eaglesinsider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:21 AM

Or you could schedule Wise

McDonogh is open Week 1 after Franklin moved their game to a scrimmage (think they're playing Gilman this year) and would LOVE for Wise (or any other good public school) to man up and play them. They can't do anything formally with scheduling until the league finally puts out an official schedule. The playoff debate is the hold up.

McD is desperately looking for local games. If they aren't afraid to take on Gonzaga and DeMatha, why would they be afraid of Wise? They do need 2 home games to balance out the schedule (not interested in 1 away year, no return deals like Elder (OH) and Mallard Creek (NC) were)

McD early schedule is:

Week 0- Gonzaga (DC)

Week 1- OPEN

Week 2- at Bishop McNamara

Week 3- at DeMatha

Week 4- OPEN

Week 5- OPEN

Franklin and Canada Prep (CN) off the schedule. OPEN dates in Week 4/5 subject to change depending on the league schedule and the league may assign them open dates latter in the season.

#27 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,099 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:24 AM

Lol man up
They are 4A state Champs
Meanwhile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] O's new slogan

#28 eaglesinsider

eaglesinsider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:51 AM

Lol man up
They are 4A state Champs
Meanwhile

"State Champs* "

*= champions of an exclusionary association not at all representative of the strength of football in the state of Maryland

DeMatha beats Wise by at least 4 TDs, maybe more. McDonogh, Good Counsel, SFA and Spalding all beat them too. They aren't a great team, they just out-athlete everyone they play. That won't fly when you play the privates.

Also, Wise is pretty much a free private school. Their leaders in rushing, receiving, tackles, interceptions and sacks all transferred into the school from out of district because Wise has a principal that will use their open seat policy to let them bring in football players. Another reason why the MPSSAA is a joke. No standard transfer or eligibility rules. Same with Franklin, some of their kids will openly tell you how Coach Burgos recruited them to come to Franklin.

If it's determined that a student transferred for athletic purposes, they should have to sit for a full calendar year from the date of their transfer. That should be a state wide rule along with a minimum GPA to play.

Also, I used to like you as a poster. I don't know why you decided to turn into DayWalker Jr. but it's really annoying. You don't even copy his agitating style well, you're just an off-brand DW.

Edited by eaglesinsider, 11 December 2016 - 12:55 AM.

#29 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,099 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:41 AM

"State Champs* "

*= champions of an exclusionary association not at all representative of the strength of football in the state of Maryland

DeMatha beats Wise by at least 4 TDs, maybe more. McDonogh, Good Counsel, SFA and Spalding all beat them too. They aren't a great team, they just out-athlete everyone they play. That won't fly when you play the privates.

Also, Wise is pretty much a free private school. Their leaders in rushing, receiving, tackles, interceptions and sacks all transferred into the school from out of district because Wise has a principal that will use their open seat policy to let them bring in football players. Another reason why the MPSSAA is a joke. No standard transfer or eligibility rules. Same with Franklin, some of their kids will openly tell you how Coach Burgos recruited them to come to Franklin.

If it's determined that a student transferred for athletic purposes, they should have to sit for a full calendar year from the date of their transfer. That should be a state wide rule along with a minimum GPA to play.

Also, I used to like you as a poster. I don't know why you decided to turn into DayWalker Jr. but it's really annoying. You don't even copy his agitating style well, you're just an off-brand DW.

Feelings much
What yoi dont like is when I call you out on things about your school, put your big boy pants on anx deal with it

Like i said Wise is 4A Champs, your beloved Eagles could have picked up the phone during yoir off-season and placed a call to set something up
Hey maybe you can call the 2A Champs Damascus
Hell 1A Champs Forth Hill wouldn't mind taking a run at you guys im sure
Also if we applied your transfer rule then MCD would be nothing more than an institution of higher learning and horse**** shoveling

Edited by bleedingorangeandblack, 11 December 2016 - 01:43 AM.

#30 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,099 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:43 AM

Maybe you should worry less about Wise and worry more about that SFA program that will be in your ***

#31 Rob A.

Rob A.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 04:03 AM

"State Champs* "

Coach Burgos recruited them to come to Franklin., Just stop with bloodclot lies , when you throw accusations like that around you should be able to show proof , once again I challange anyone to say "yeah he called my son and I " and please tell me what rec league he recruits from ? I'll be waiting

#32 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:59 AM

EI, how would you be able to determine if a player transferred for athletics only? Did Ellis transfer for this reason or any of the SFA guys? If we are going to make high school football like college football then it should be you sit a year for whatever reason you transfer.

#33 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,099 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:03 AM

EI, how would you be able to determine if a player transferred for athletics only? Did Ellis transfer for this reason or any of the SFA guys? If we are going to make high school football like college football then it should be you sit a year for whatever reason you transfer.

Can't do that JB
It's only wrong when others do it not the "elite"

#34 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:30 AM

Nobody would be excluded. And how can you not call Wise Elite, Franklin Elite, Damascus Elite, Fort Hill Elite? Or is it just Privates that can be Elite

#35 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,099 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:42 AM

Nobody would be excluded. And how can you not call Wise Elite, Franklin Elite, Damascus Elite, Fort Hill Elite? Or is it just Privates that can be Elite

Not what I said
Those programs are elite but look at the criticism they get from the EL for mimicking what they do

#36 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:48 AM

Ok Gotcha, My Bad. I Included Every Team In My Solution, It Stops Teams Like McD, SFA Franklin, Wise, Dunbar, Hereford, Loyola, Or Any Others From Just Bringing In Transfers When They Want, But Most Importantly It Stops Ghe Parenfs From Shopping Their Kids Around To Tbe Next Best Thing. Damn Some Kids Are On Their 4/5th Teams

#37 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:48 AM

And Still Dont Have That Coveted Offer

#38 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,099 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:07 AM

Ok Gotcha, My Bad. I Included Every Team In My Solution, It Stops Teams Like McD, SFA Franklin, Wise, Dunbar, Hereford, Loyola, Or Any Others From Just Bringing In Transfers When They Want, But Most Importantly It Stops Ghe Parenfs From Shopping Their Kids Around To Tbe Next Best Thing. Damn Some Kids Are On Their 4/5th Teams

IMO that's a red flag

#39 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,123 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:07 AM

You must be smoking that LOUD. DeMatha & SFA are the only two Maryland teams that could beat Wise and it still would be a tall task. CHC wouldn't have a chance with y'all starting the SR at QB. Even though the SR only had, "wink wink"2 INTs, this season, he would wilt under the speed and athleticism of Wise. The Pumas ain't the Dons, MT419.

Spalding and McD would destroy Wise, you're crazy! MSJ would beat them as well and GC. Stop it with this wanting a public to be a super power. I finally watched the game and this was the weakest Wise team out of the three to win States.

#40 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:18 AM

IMO that's a red flag

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users