What the 4/5schools?

#42 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,123 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:51 AM

"State Champs* "

*= champions of an exclusionary association not at all representative of the strength of football in the state of Maryland

DeMatha beats Wise by at least 4 TDs, maybe more. McDonogh, Good Counsel, SFA and Spalding all beat them too. They aren't a great team, they just out-athlete everyone they play. That won't fly when you play the privates.

Also, Wise is pretty much a free private school. Their leaders in rushing, receiving, tackles, interceptions and sacks all transferred into the school from out of district because Wise has a principal that will use their open seat policy to let them bring in football players. Another reason why the MPSSAA is a joke. No standard transfer or eligibility rules. Same with Franklin, some of their kids will openly tell you how Coach Burgos recruited them to come to Franklin.

If it's determined that a student transferred for athletic purposes, they should have to sit for a full calendar year from the date of their transfer. That should be a state wide rule along with a minimum GPA to play.

Also, I used to like you as a poster. I don't know why you decided to turn into DayWalker Jr. but it's really annoying. You don't even copy his agitating style well, you're just an off-brand DW.

Have to agree with your paragraph on who would beat Wise. Was I watching the same game as these people? Wise wasn't impressive at all! They just had better athletes than QO, who was a bad team. Wise was smaller than in years past and would get stomped by DeMatha on size alone. I personally think they would be in a dog fight against any WCAC and MIAA team, including Loyola. I think they're better than Loyola but they would not beat them down. McD, GC and Spalding would beat them easily and MSJ would also beat them.

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM, 11 December 2016 - 09:51 AM.

#43 GOOCH

GOOCH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:15 AM

Dematha beats Wise that's it the other teams would have their hands full with the Pumas and as far as a C Hall team beating man Mafoon lay off the weeeeeeed 😁. JB I didn't just see you make an excuse cause I asked you were y'all healthy and you said you were so getting blown out by a mediocre C Hall team pretty much summed up what I thought of your team

#44 themamba

themamba

@aka_themamba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationWorldwide

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:16 AM

EI spouts the same nonsense every year, and I don't blame him. It has to suck when your season ends playing a 2 win team, while others play for another several weeks in a thing they call post-season. It is what it is.

#45 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:19 AM

Dematha beats Wise that's it the other teams would have their hands full with the Pumas and as far as a C Hall team beating man Mafoon lay off the weeeeeeed 😁. JB I didn't just see you make an excuse cause I asked you were y'all healthy and you said you were so getting blown out by a mediocre C Hall team pretty much summed up what I thought of your team

#46 DayWalker

DayWalker

Vampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,298 posts
  • LocationIn Your Worst Nightmares

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:19 AM

"State Champs* "

*= champions of an exclusionary association not at all representative of the strength of football in the state of Maryland

DeMatha beats Wise by at least 4 TDs, maybe more. McDonogh, Good Counsel, SFA and Spalding all beat them too. They aren't a great team, they just out-athlete everyone they play. That won't fly when you play the privates.

Also, Wise is pretty much a free private school. Their leaders in rushing, receiving, tackles, interceptions and sacks all transferred into the school from out of district because Wise has a principal that will use their open seat policy to let them bring in football players. Another reason why the MPSSAA is a joke. No standard transfer or eligibility rules. Same with Franklin, some of their kids will openly tell you how Coach Burgos recruited them to come to Franklin.

If it's determined that a student transferred for athletic purposes, they should have to sit for a full calendar year from the date of their transfer. That should be a state wide rule along with a minimum GPA to play.

Also, I used to like you as a poster. I don't know why you decided to turn into DayWalker Jr. but it's really annoying. You don't even copy his agitating style well, you're just an off-brand DW.

McEagle

The publics don't even attempt to represent your so-called "strength of football in the state of Maryland."  That's the bailiwick of mercenary programs like DeMatha and McD although your McNuggets have been doing a rather mediocre to down right poor job of it over the years.  If the full truth is to be told, McD just looking at this decade is a consistent 3 or more loss each season team.  There was one season I think you went undefeated and defeated several OOS teams who were themselves just .500 or barely over teams.  So why are we expending any bits/bytes in talking about McD compared to Wise!!!

The last time McD took on a public team which is VERY RARE as you talk about publics needing to man up to face privates, McD got it's back teeth kicked in by Mallard Creek I believe and only I stood up for McD before the game when MC supporters came in here, this very board, and p.unk you about the beat down they were going to do to you and they did!!!  So coach, as The Snake would say, Stay In Your Lane.  Oh, and accept that Wise has a very good program -- existing only 11-years with 5 final appearances.  Not bad...  :P

Give credit where credit is due....

The DayWalker

#47 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:22 AM

Nah Not Making Any Excuses, Played Most Of The Year Without Receivers. Only OnE That Got Hurt Late Was #8 Who Got Hurt Against SFA. Boozer Got Hurt First Series Of Game Right Thumb, should Not Have Played Anymore. Got Beat, Injuries Are Part Of Game. Just Saying Hard When You Dont Have The Depth Of Other Schools. Thats It

#48 GOOCH

GOOCH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:26 AM

I understand

#49 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,099 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:27 AM

What the 4/5schools?

Yes
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] O's new slogan

#50 eaglesinsider

eaglesinsider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:45 AM

Coach Burgos recruited them to come to Franklin., Just stop with bloodclot lies , when you throw accusations like that around you should be able to show proof , once again I challange anyone to say "yeah he called my son and I " and please tell me what rec league he recruits from ? I'll be waiting

I don't want to name names because I don't call out kids on message boards, but one of their current offensive linemen told me verbatim "I was going to (another Baltimore County public school) and Coach Burgos saw me at the bus stop and told me I should transfer to Franklin to play for him and it went from there and I ended up at Franklin in the fall."

#51 eaglesinsider

eaglesinsider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:58 AM

EI, how would you be able to determine if a player transferred for athletics only? Did Ellis transfer for this reason or any of the SFA guys? If we are going to make high school football like college football then it should be you sit a year for whatever reason you transfer.

In Texas they have a committee for each district that examines transfers. Not all transfers are flagged but the administration of the school the student is transferring from can flag a transfer as "for athletic purposes," which then prompts the district to examine the transfer. They look at a number of factors including academic rankings of the school, if the school the student left felt they were leaving for athletic reasons and how each school was doing in the sports the transferring student plays. Administrations and coaches from both schools get a chance to present their case and the student's transfer can either be approved, approved with restrictions (sit out a year) or flat out denied.

TX ranks every public school in the state academically and makes the data publicly available. A school that doesn't meet standards one time cannot stop a student from transferring out to a higher rated academic district. A school that doesn't meet standards two times in a row can be closed.

And yes, this should have applied to Ellis and all the SFA transfers. There should be one state-wide set of rules governing transfers for both public and private schools.

#52 themamba

themamba

@aka_themamba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationWorldwide

Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:01 AM

You have to love quotes from unidentifiable sources. I just don't love them enough to post about the half-dozen plus horror stories that former players and their parents have told me regarding their experience at several MIAA schools. Maybe my love will grow for such a thing, and then we can really get this board hopping.

#53 eaglesinsider

eaglesinsider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:17 AM

Wise's BEST win is over the #618 team in the nation (Quince Orchard). This is also their only win over a team in the top 1,000. The best team they played in "tough" PG County was #1724 Roosevelt, who was also the PG team they played in the top 2,000.

DeMatha has two wins over the #33 team in the nation (SJC) and they also beat #107 (McDonogh), #109 (Gonzaga), #165 (GC, twice), #369 (Oscar Smith) and #549 (McNamara). That's 8 of their 12 wins better than Wise's best win. 8 of Wise's 14 wins were ranked lower than DeMatha's WORST win (Archbishop Carroll)

Saint John's (DC) has 5 wins better than Wise's best win with their worst loss to #109 GZ.

SFA has 5 wins better than Wise's best win with their worst loss to #38 Paramus Catholic (NJ).

Archbishop Spalding has 2 wins better than Wise's best win with their worst loss to #165 GC.

McDonogh has 4 wins better than Wise's best win with their worst loss to #88 Archbishop Spalding. 12 of Wise's wins were ranked lower than McDonogh's WORST win (Loyola).

They can't compete. They haven't played ANYONE. Big fish in a small pond who, in any state with a real state association, would have had to forfeit their entire season for bringing in athletically-motivated transfers. I know for a fact that both McDonogh and DeMatha have reached out to Wise about playing Week 1. Let's see if they man up and play some real competition.

#54 eaglesinsider

eaglesinsider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:28 AM

You have to love quotes from unidentifiable sources. I just don't love them enough to post about the half-dozen plus horror stories that former players and their parents have told me regarding their experience at several MIAA schools. Maybe my love will grow for such a thing, and then we can really get this board hopping.

Why would I have any reason to lie about Franklin? There's several schools making a mockery of the notion that public school football is community based. You need me to name all of them?

Linganore, Wise, Franklin and Dundalk are the main culprits right now. Not to mention that fact that outside of City and Poly, the City public schools are pretty much a revolving door for players all jumping to the new hot destination. Dunbar to Douglass to Lewis and I hear Edmondson might be the next stop. I know for a fact that Linganore had a player on their team that lived in West Virginia two years ago. Everyone knew about River Hill's apartment complex during their run of dominance. 

Edited by eaglesinsider, 11 December 2016 - 11:32 AM.

#55 themamba

themamba

@aka_themamba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationWorldwide

Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:29 AM

LOL! It seems as many as half of the posters on here that actually go to games strongly disagree with you, and that's alright if you are on the other side. Fortunately, I watched 10 games this season involving MIAA teams, so I don't have to rely on hearsay or over-hype.

Florida St won the national championship in '13 by playing 1 team ranked inside the top 20 in their 13 games before beating Auburn, king of the SEC that year. That one team, Miami, ended up lpsing 3 of their last 5 and fell out of the top 25 altogether.

#56 themamba

themamba

@aka_themamba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationWorldwide

Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:32 AM

We should also note, Wise blew out (42-7) a very good Quince Orchard team in somewhere around a 15° wind chill.

#57 eaglesinsider

eaglesinsider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:35 AM

LOL! It seems as many as half of the posters on here that actually go to games strongly disagree with you, and that's alright if you are on the other side. Fortunately, I watched 10 games this season involving MIAA teams, so I don't have to rely on hearsay or over-hype.

Florida St won the national championship in '13 by playing 1 team ranked inside the top 20 in their 13 games before beating Auburn, king of the SEC that year. That one team, Miami, ended up lpsing 3 of their last 5 and fell out of the top 25 altogether.

I was at at least one game (public or private) every week this year. I've seen everyone from DeMatha to Fort Hill and from Manchester Valley to Wise play. Wise sucks relative to DeMatha. Sorry you're so butthurt. I know your posting on behalf of your  "boy" the coach at Wise but just because you like the guy doesn't make them a good team. 

#58 themamba

themamba

@aka_themamba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationWorldwide

Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:38 AM

Why would I have any reason to lie about Franklin? There's several schools making a mockery of the notion that public school football is community based. You need me to name all of them?

Linganore, Wise, Franklin and Dundalk are the main culprits right now. Not to mention that fact that outside of City and Poly, the City public schools are pretty much a revolving door for players all jumping to the new hot destination. Dunbar to Douglass to Lewis and I hear Edmondson might be the next stop. I know for a fact that Linganore had a player on their team that lived in West Virginia two years ago. Everyone knew about River Hill's apartment complex during their run of dominance.

Did you do an investigation on the residencies of every Fort Hill and Walkersville player on their respective rosters? To state that as fact is utterly ridiculous.

Edited by themamba, 11 December 2016 - 11:38 AM.

#59 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,099 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:40 AM

And I know for a fact that MCD has done the same thing
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] O's new slogan

#60 themamba

themamba

@aka_themamba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationWorldwide

Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:44 AM

I was at at least one game (public or private) every week this year. I've seen everyone from DeMatha to Fort Hill and from Manchester Valley to Wise play. Wise sucks relative to DeMatha. Sorry you're so butthurt. I know your posting on behalf of your  "boy" the coach at Wise but just because you like the guy doesn't make them a good team.

You sound like an idiot. I post about more random teams across the state, in both football and basketball, than anyone, and have for 10 years. Does that make me boys with the other 187 various coaches whose teams I've mentioned? I know alot of people, but thats proposterous. I'll leave it to the other posters to gauge who's butt seems to hurt. Nevermind one who seems to have the same symptoms at the same time every year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users