Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eastside Terp

Navy - Army .....

11 posts in this topic

Big upset in the making here if navy doesn't get in gear .....

Army up 14 0 and driving .....

Ah..army just fumbled .....

Abey finally broke on last drive. Navy up 17-14.

Navy has been out-played all game, yet they are winning.

The 2nd longest rivalry win steak in country is over. Kudos to Army.  They played hard. I think we under-estimated the value of Will Worth.  It seemed as if any QB could run the  Navy offense. Abey may be okay, but he's not up to the task yet.

Edited by Manny

From a born-and-raised Marylander with an ex-Navy dad, I am SO glad Army won. Sorry, pop, but I'm ex-Army!

I hope Navy wins every game they play, save one! Fourteen years was a long time!

This is perhaps the only rivalry in sports where losing doesn't sting. If Navy had won last week and this loss cost them the Cotton Bowl, that would have sucked.

La Tech a little too much for Navy... 

Defense fell apart and the loss of Will Worth was devastating.

I blame the Navy play-caller for total lack of imagination after it became clear that Army was targeting Perry, whether he had the ball or not because 9 times out of 10 he had it. Abey wasn't a factor in the game.

Down after down, running up the middle and getting a couple yards, right up to the end. Perry did a great job but if the coach had mixed up a few plays to keep Army off balance the result would have been different.

Army got momentum in the second half and the Navy defence -- stout as it was -- just couldn't hold them. Sure it was tough to pass in such lousy conditions but Army did it and fooled the Mids. Shame Navy could thrown a couple, just to keep Army honest.

I put this loss on poor coaching, not on the players.