Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SemiAuto

The white death is on the prowl!

74 posts in this topic

Thursday Night 50% Precip. / < 1 in

Clear skies early will give way to occasional snow showers later during the night. Low 31F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 50%.

Friday 60% Precip. / < 1 in

Intermittent snow showers and windy early. Peeks of sunshine later. High near 40F. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 60%. Snow accumulations less than one inch. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

Ha ha!

It's snowing in paradise. A blizzard warning was issued Wednesday for Hawaii's high mountain summits of Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea on the Big Island.

The National Weather Service said snowfall totals of 6 to 10 inches are possible, along with wind gusts up to 65 mph, which will reduce visibility to less than 1/4 of a mile. Thundersnow is also possible. Temperatures should be in the 30s.

"If you must travel, have a winter survival kit with you," the weather service advised. The blizzard warning is in effect until Thursday morning.

Turns out I had to scrape about a quarter inch of snow off the windshield this morning. Oh... the horror!

I saw about 10 flakes when I walked the dog around 10 this morning..  I got the snow blower out. :D

Saturday Night 60% Precip. / 1-3 in

Variably cloudy with snow showers. Low 27F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 60%. Snow accumulating 1 to 3 inches.

Sunday 60% Precip. / ~ 1 in

Cloudy with snow showers mainly during the morning. High 39F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 60%. About one inch of snow expected.

Because the long range forecast is never, ever, wrong. Never!

Breaking news! March and February have officially changed places. :P

The better half and I have been discussing this for days.

Is the snowfall for Friday night still on? 

Uh oh.

MONDAY-TUESDAY. Now the fun part. Since the southern system this weekend would have been pushed SOUTH, you thought that means the Mid-Atlantic escapes, right? In reality, leftovers from that system interact with Gulf and Atlantic moisture, which starts riding back north. By Monday, a fast moving upper level disturbance is expected to "activate" that moisture and develop it into a surface Low near the Carolinas. What you get: A potentially significant coastal winter storm with some similarities to the December 19, 2009 storm. A multi-day event that would "interfere" with next week with accumulating snow starting Monday night.

My mother-in-law's knee replacement surgery is scheduled for Tuesday.  This is not good.

Edited by Thirteen

Monday Night 90% Precip. / 5-8 in

Cloudy with snow. Low 27F. Winds ENE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 90%. 5 to 8 inches of snow expected.

Tuesday 90% Precip. / 3-5 in

Snow during the morning will mix with rain at times during the afternoon. High 38F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 90%. 3 to 5 inches of snow expected.

Tuesday Night 40% Precip. / < 1 in

Scattered snow flurries and snow showers before midnight. Becoming partly cloudy later. Low near 20F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 40%.

Winter is coming.

We had a little snow in Pasadena this morning, just a tease. 

Come on, one nice snow so we can move on to Spring. (officially)