Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pb1

Predictions for 2017

62 posts in this topic

little stevie maybe you should take some time away from this site.  Your response to me had nothing to do with the subject of the thread.  Try and stay on subject sometimes.

Trump's approval rating will go over 65%, in 2018 republicans will pick up seats in the house and Senate.

On 12/28/2016 at 6:36 PM, TheBaldGuy said:

Trump's approval rating will go over 65%, in 2018 republicans will pick up seats in the house and Senate.

LOL

On 12/26/2016 at 0:16 PM, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

The Dow will retreat to mid to low 18,000s.

There will be two interest rate hikes.

There will be between 3 and 5 terror acts in the US, one of which will be large.

Jeff Sessions will not be confirmed.

This one not looking good, but props for your boldness. 

Burlington College will be free for all students who qualify.  

1 hour ago, Heisenberg said:

This one not looking good, but props for your boldness. 

We've had the two rate hikes and a small terror attack in FT Lauderdale.  I could throw in the Congressional ball game, but that's a stretch.  If I'm wrong in that one, I'm happy.  Sessions was confirmed, but only after he recused himself, which I think came after this prediction.  The change was significant.  

As far as the market goes, I really did expect a spring correction.  Another one I'll be glad to be wrong about, but there is a lot of time left in the year. 

On 12/26/2016 at 11:31 AM, FatBoy said:

The Orioles will make the playoffs.

This one is in trouble

On 12/26/2016 at 11:35 AM, Smokey 1 said:

Some heads will roll in the Ravens organization.

This one might happen. 

14 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

We've had the two rate hikes and a small terror attack in FT Lauderdale.  I could throw in the Congressional ball game, but that's a stretch.  If I'm wrong in that one, I'm happy.  Sessions was confirmed, but only after he recused himself, which I think came after this prediction.  The change was significant.  

As far as the market goes, I really did expect a spring correction.  Another one I'll be glad to be wrong about, but there is a lot of time left in the year. 

There will be a correction.  It is inevitable.  I agree that spring was probably likely, but business has reacted to favorable Trump deregulation and possible tax reforms.  It is going to come.  Until now the left has been all to willing to say that the Trump has ridden Obama's coattails on the stock market surge but as soon as the correction hits, it will be all his.  The truth is that little things like Trump's favorable business policies and Obama's stimulus do influence the market in the short term, but the truth of the market's climb out of the housing bubble is that people with their 401k's have nowhere else to go to build retirement wealth.  It won't happen at any bank that offers less than 1% annual interest.   The market is the only way to go for people trying to build retirement nest eggs and that's why it has been rolling upward.  Presidents have little to do with the stock market performance.  There are so many other factors.  But is sounds good to say your guy was behind the stock market climb, or the other guy destroyed it.  

On 12/26/2016 at 11:47 AM, FatBoy said:

Donald Trump will set an 'approval rating' record.

Bingo

did you know it would be record low approval for a prez this early in their term?

1 hour ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Ah, you're right about the terrorist attack, I forgot that happened in 2017.