Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WilliamHarvey

Dundalk-Calvert Hall

107 posts in this topic

More revenue benefits kids. Sports aren't free. Tv isn't free, marketing isn't free, an admin staff isn't free. Most states have very complex state orgs because it benefits the kids with great events and amenities

The #1 football team in Maryland, private DeMatha, has a great football venue amenity, a Maryland Public Park venue called the PG County Sports and Learning Center.  Fort Hill had a game cancelled on them against Curley because it rained too much for their stellar amenity and even if the game had proceeded, Fort Hill was told not to bring their band and other entities they routinely travel with because Curely couldn't accommodate them or their parking needs.

Edited by DayWalker

The #1 football team in Maryland, private DeMatha, has a great football venue amenity, a Maryland Public Park venue called the PG County Sports and Learning Center. Fort Hill had a game cancelled on them against Curley because it rained too much for their stellar amenity and even if the game had proceeded, Fort Hill was told not to bring their band and other entities they routinely travel with because Curely couldn't accommodate them or their parking needs.

I was referencing state associations. I've coached public and private ball. I played high school on both. Football is my ball and I would love to see regular public matchups of like North Point vs Howard, Old Mill v Suitland, HD Woodson vs Wise or Douglass.

Was parking added to accommodate Fort Hill's entourage or would they still be asked not to bring their band or other services...

They usually park the buses at the top of the field, which is also grass. Also bc of the rain they would have had to move the game to 3pm bc of daylight. This is pretty much the same time school lets out. So with logistics of parents picking up students and the influx of oversized vehicles from FH, that is the reason they could not accomodate them at that time.

This was gone over at nauseum at the time, but its an easy dig on a private school, so of course you took the opportunity

They usually park the buses at the top of the field, which is also grass. Also bc of the rain they would have had to move the game to 3pm bc of daylight. This is pretty much the same time school lets out. So with logistics of parents picking up students and the influx of oversized vehicles from FH, that is the reason they could not accomodate them at that time.

This was gone over at nauseum at the time, but its an easy dig on a private school, so of course you took the opportunity

Public schools have the same issues with facilities. I guess we assume private schools are ALL flush with cash and resources. To frame private schools as all the same or even public schools as all the same is foolish at minimum, ignorant as hell in all honesty. Nuance is easy to really get.

But the dialog is about all the great amenities afforded the privates with it's sports revenue generating ventures like it's across the board.  The same goes for the private play like it's DeMatha most or every where within the private ranks.  But that is NOT the case.  That's my dig so to speak as you call it and not so specifically about Curely although I do believe lil 1A Fort Hill was willing to host the game at Greenway where they have field turf and lights and I even understand Fort Hill was willing to supplement Curely's travel to Cumberland.  But it was a hard NO from Curely to Fort Hill who were willing to bend over backwards for the opportunity to kick off in Curely's @zz as The Sentinels typically do in such a nice accommodating manner.....  :P

Edited by DayWalker

Public schools have the same issues with facilities. I guess we assume private schools are ALL flush with cash and resources. To frame private schools as all the same or even public schools as all the same is foolish at minimum, ignorant as hell in all honesty. Nuance is easy to really get.

Exactly and my prime argument!!!!!  The privates are NOT the same the across the board -- top to bottom, in team talent and amenities.  You have a couple top flights teams, some mediocre teams, and then the  Loyola / Arch Carroll doormats - bottom feeders.  We already know and accept this of the publics.  It just that your top teams are the usual suspects year in and year out.  But with the publics like I always quote Forest Gump, "...Life is Like a Box of Chocolates..." just the way The DayWalker likes it.

I was referencing state associations. I've coached public and private ball. I played high school on both. Football is my ball and I would love to see regular public matchups of like North Point vs Howard, Old Mill v Suitland, HD Woodson vs Wise or Douglass.

North Point, Howard, Old Mill, Suitland. Woodson, Wise, and Douglass I believe all played at least 10 games last season.  Tell me MTiger and on your honor and word, how many games of these teams "in-person" did you attend last year?  For me, except for Woodson I have seen all the other teams at least once and one team twice.  You?????  :rolleyes:

North Point, Howard, Old Mill, Suitland. Woodson, Wise, and Douglass I believe all played at least 10 games last season. Tell me MTiger and on your honor and word, how many games of these teams "in-person" did you attend last year? For me, except for Woodson I have seen all the other teams at least once and one team twice. You????? :rolleyes:

I've seen Wise, Oxon Hill, Roosevelt, Howard, Annapolis, Reg Lewis and at least a half dozen others play last year. My Friday nights are usually booked because I coach. What does that even matter? No one has to authenticate their interest in football to you. I know it's fun being the ante-whatever, but being oppositional for the sake of it seems like a odd way to waste energy.

I've seen Wise, Oxon Hill, Roosevelt, Howard, Annapolis, Reg Lewis and at least a half dozen others play last year. My Friday nights are usually booked because I coach. What does that even matter? No one has to authenticate their interest in football to you. I know it's fun being the ante-whatever, but being oppositional for the sake of it seems like a odd way to waste energy.

And that's my point with you MTiger, you yik yak about public games you would want to "regularly" attend but you can't due to other commitments.  And certainly since you coach and in the private ranks then games other than your own you likely would see would be other private games.  So don't come trying to blow smoke up my rear about a driven desire to see public play as it is not a priority for you as private play is not a priority or even a substantial desire for me.  The difference is I can say your DeMatha-Good Counsel-McDonogh-Loyola does nothing for me while you attempt to BS us with your crap of "...you played and coached private and public football and football is your ball," whatever that means..."  You are simply a hack private coach like the other private validation seeking hacks around here longing to be fulfilled on the toes of what the publics developed.  Oh, Kevin Shecxxxxx says hello....  :P

And that's my point with you MTiger, you yik yak about public games you would want to "regularly" attend but you can't due to other commitments. And certainly since you coach and in the private ranks then games other than your own you likely would see would be other private games. So don't come trying to blow smoke up my rear about a driven desire to see public play as it is not a priority for you as private play is not a priority or even a substantial desire for me. The difference is I can say your DeMatha-Good Counsel-McDonogh-Loyola does nothing for me while you attempt to BS us with your crap of "...you played and coached private and public football and football is your ball," whatever that means..." You are simply a hack private coach like the other private validation seeking hacks around here longing to be fulfilled on the toes of what the publics developed. Oh, Kevin Shecxxxxx says hello.... :P

Kevin is doing great. Will be on scholarship next semester. An FBS QB out of Maryland is rare. Perseverance, hard work, and toughness on his part got him there.

Kevin is doing great. Will be on scholarship next semester. An FBS QB out of Maryland is rare. Perseverance, hard work, and toughness on his part got him there.

:D Hack, you are suck a hack coach....  :D

See UCLA and UVA's starting QBs. Both out of Loyola Blakefield before they ran the program into the ground. 

Crabbers...public.  nuff said

Now it all makes sense. Crisfield, Smith Island....all than inbreeding that got then Governor Schaefer to make his famous proclamation about the Eastern Shore. 

Great idea. DM vs SFA won't happen so I'd like to see...

Week 1

DeMatha vs McDonogh

St. John's vs SFA

Good Counsel vs Spalding

Gonzaga vs MSJ

McNamara vs CHC

SMR vs Gilman

ABC vs Loyola

Week 2

DeMatha vs MSJ

St. John's vs Spalding

Good Counsel vs McDonogh

Gonzaga vs Gilman

McNamara vs SFA

SMR vs Loyola

ABC vs CHC

Why wouldnt DM vs SFA happen?

UVA only played JV and went back to FL

Yes, Perry Hall Rec product as well. His departure was the beginning of the end of the LB dynasty. Two other kids off of KB's JV team at Loyola also transferred out and had stellar high school careers elsewhere. Hope the Program rebounds with an proven HC from Louisiana. 

Now it all makes sense. Crisfield, Smith Island....all than inbreeding that got then Governor Schaefer to make his famous proclamation about the Eastern Shore. 

:D  So It all makes sense to Just a Pisser-in-the-Wind mop like you!!  Get in the game sport.  What does Crabbers as in Hampton High Crabbers of Hampton VA has to do with Crisfield - Smith Island, inbreeding, Governor Schaefer, and the Eastern Shore?  You comment my man so much like some inbreeding has taken place within the Wu Tang Mop clan.   Just smh....

:D  So It all makes sense to Just a Pisser-in-the-Wind mop like you!!  Get in the game sport.  What does Crabbers as in Hampton High Crabbers of Hampton VA has to do with Crisfield - Smith Island, inbreeding, Governor Schaefer, and the Eastern Shore?  You comment my man so much like some inbreeding has taken place within the Wu Tang Mop clan.   Just smh....

LOL  ok VA boy

Edited by VoiceofTruth

What a ******* fraud you are... a VA boy talking like he watches MD HS football and knows it all.. you're a joke and a scam..all your info comes via the internet. You are nothing but a flamer and a fraud,  Jackass Flamer is DayStalker

:D   Nothing like hearing from the voice of truth with its private feathers all ruffled up.....  I have probably lived in Maryland longer than your daddy is old.  My kids born, raised, attended high school here, and college in MD and VA are probably older than you, certainly far more mature and stable.  But nonetheless, it's great hearing from the private voice of truth....  Now tell me which private you represent you want validated and fulfilled by playing a public.  Begging season isn't over just yet...  :P

Edited by DayWalker

LOL  ok VA boy

Nah, from a military family with two tours in the DMV as a brat and on my own, I would be more of a Worldly Boy than VA Boy but with roots planted firmly in Maryland for many many many years.  But I did play for one of winningest high school football coaches of all time to include your Bobby Boy Millory.   What claim to fame did your coach make VD VT?