demopublican

UConn brings back Edsall

5 posts in this topic

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-randy-edsall-uconn-football-coach-1229-20161228-story.html

There is a lot of work to be done around the Burton Family Football Complex. The Huskies have had six consecutive losing seasons since Edsall left and are coming off a disastrous 2016 campaign. UConn lost its last six games, the final four by a ridiculous margin of 130-16, and statewide interest seemingly dipped to levels experienced only in the old Division I-AA days.

Edsall was replaced before the 2011 season by Paul Pasqualoni, who was fired four games into 2013 with a 10-18 record. And he now replaces Bob Diaco, fired Monday, who was 11-26 in three seasons.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-randy-edsall-uconn-football-coach-1229-20161228-story.html

There is a lot of work to be done around the Burton Family Football Complex. The Huskies have had six consecutive losing seasons since Edsall left and are coming off a disastrous 2016 campaign. UConn lost its last six games, the final four by a ridiculous margin of 130-16, and statewide interest seemingly dipped to levels experienced only in the old Division I-AA days.

Edsall was replaced before the 2011 season by Paul Pasqualoni, who was fired four games into 2013 with a 10-18 record. And he now replaces Bob Diaco, fired Monday, who was 11-26 in three seasons.

Hopefully Maryland will schedule UCONN so they can get a couple easy wins. 

With both Al Golden and Greg Schiano available, I'm surprised that UConn would bring back Randy Edsall. He left on bad terms, and his teams could never defeat ranked opponents.

Posted (edited)

With both Al Golden and Greg Schiano available, I'm surprised that UConn would bring back Randy Edsall. He left on bad terms, and his teams could never defeat ranked opponents.

I learned a lot about his character when he walked out on UCONN without addressing his players.

Edited by Manny