Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eaglesinsider

2017 MD HS Football Schedules

351 posts in this topic

IMG Academy is fielding two teams this year a "national" team and a "varsity" team. The national team will play the typical IMG schedule we've been used to the past few years. The varsity team will play more local competition for the most part. 

I'll just refer to them as IMG Academy National (FL) and IMG Academy Varsity (FL) unless anyone can think of a better way to differentiate them. I'm not sure which one Dunbar is playing.

Gonzaga replaced their Week 0 game vs. McDonogh (they owed McD a return trip) with a game at Gilman... interesting.

Making sure they get a W

Just thought I'd wake up from my hibernation..

To hell with this. Fort Hill seems to be calling out MSJ with no response. What's up with this schedule guy? You always step in to insure some games are booked. You are a bush league guy. Get on MSJ to commit to the away and home with the brokeback mountain boyz.... :P

Come up Sat October 14th @7-pm to watch FH play Melbourne Central Catholic from FL

When's the last time a MD public school played a team from a non-bordering state that's not NJ?

There's two this year with Dunbar playing IMG's 2nd team and Fort Hill hosting MCC

Answering my own question, since 2003 MD publics are 1-8 vs. non-bordering OOS opponents but haven't played anyone from a more Southern non-bordering state until this year:

2004: Bonita Vista (CA) 27, Linganore 21

2007: Poly Prep (NY) 40, Forestville 24

2008: Poly Prep (NY) 30, Forestville 22

2009: Patterson Mill 40, Montclair Kimberly Academy (NJ) 16

2009: Poly Prep (NY) 26, Surrattsville 21

2010: Poly Prep (NY) 36, Surrattsville 0

2013: Mansfield (MA) 39, Dunbar 36

2014: Hackensack (NJ) 14, Bowie 7

2014: Saint Peter's Prep (NJ) 35, Wise 9

I'd be interested to learn if there were any pre-2003 games involving MD publics and teams from the Carolinas or further south.

Answering my own question, since 2003 MD publics are 1-8 vs. non-bordering OOS opponents but haven't played anyone from a more Southern non-bordering state until this year:

I'd be interested to learn if there were any pre-2003 games involving MD publics and teams from the Carolinas or further south.

Yep McDeesNut, those were some big MD public school beat downs.  My mind doesn't go back all that far with such detail you have BUT those 2007 and 2008 Forestville teams had to be .500 at best.  I know because one of my peeps coached there then.  BuT they enjoyed the all-expenses paid over-nighter to Poly Prep NY.  So did fellow 1A cellar-dweller Surrattsville who may have won only 2 or 3 game one of those seasons.

Now the Dunbar - Mansfield game was a different story and I also believe was a different score than 39 - 36 you have posted but it was a close game.

Bowie, well lets just just say they were I believe less than a .500 team.  But that Wise game like the Bowie trip were last minute opening season changes to go to a NJ kickoff classic to get paid.  I recall that season very well because that was the year Wise backed out of playing Douglass to the great disappointment of my PG peeps Wise knew Douglass had a smoker team who went on to go 14-0 winning 2A states with perhaps the most dominating team ever.  Wise with Jabari Laws, 2016 ALL-Everything, was a rookie then playing in his first varsity high school game.  And like Saint Pete, Douglass was going to smash Wise so Wise took the money if they were going to take a whipin'.

But privates for the most part certainly know which publics to pick on....and when to win.

How did McD make out last season with it's non-border school game?  Oh never mind, I see you handled the Canadians....  :rolleyes:   But only ended 3rd in a conference of 7.

heard that option football is coming to the "A" conf. Stickel from JC is the new OC at Loyola

Yep McDeesNut, those were some big MD public school beat downs.  My mind doesn't go back all that far with such detail you have BUT those 2007 and 2008 Forestville teams had to be .500 at best.  I know because one of my peeps coached there then.  BuT they enjoyed the all-expenses paid over-nighter to Poly Prep NY.  So did fellow 1A cellar-dweller Surrattsville who may have won only 2 or 3 game one of those seasons.

Now the Dunbar - Mansfield game was a different story and I also believe was a different score than 39 - 36 you have posted but it was a close game.

Bowie, well lets just just say they were I believe less than a .500 team.  But that Wise game like the Bowie trip were last minute opening season changes to go to a NJ kickoff classic to get paid.  I recall that season very well because that was the year Wise backed out of playing Douglass to the great disappointment of my PG peeps Wise knew Douglass had a smoker team who went on to go 14-0 winning 2A states with perhaps the most dominating team ever.  Wise with Jabari Laws, 2016 ALL-Everything, was a rookie then playing in his first varsity high school game.  And like Saint Pete, Douglass was going to smash Wise so Wise took the money if they were going to take a whipin'.

But privates for the most part certainly know which publics to pick on....and when to win.

How did McD make out last season with it's non-border school game?  Oh never mind, I see you handled the Canadians....  :rolleyes:   But only ended 3rd in a conference of 7.

"Wonderfull" MaxPreps says Mansfield 29 - Dunbar 26

29-26 it was. The Poets were down 21-6 in the 3rd before Crest started doing his thing, leading the home team to 3 scores to go up 26-21. Mansfield scored in the final 2 minutes and converted the 2 point conversion for the final score. XP's were the difference as both squads scored 4 TD's.

As Day pointed out, only 1 of those 6 PG teams had a winning record. Forestville wasn't good. Surrattsville was worse.

29-26 it was. The Poets were down 21-6 in the 3rd before Crest started doing his thing, leading the home team to 3 scores to go up 26-21. Mansfield scored in the final 2 minutes and converted the 2 point conversion for the final score. XP's were the difference as both squads scored 4 TD's.

As Day pointed out, only 1 of those 6 PG teams had a winning record. Forestville wasn't good. Surrattsville was worse.

Speaking of Crest, earlier this year he announced he was transferring from West Va.  I wonder where is he going?

Mlf1886, 85Knight and I were at that game and I don't remember s**t other than who won. You do some serious research! Crest was clutch that day. Hope Crest ends up at Morgan.

Just dropping some knowledge, thats what I do.

Not on the list, Allegany beat Grand Prarie (Alberta, Canada) with a running clock in '09, 70-13. The Campers scored on 10 of their 12 possessions, and gained 468 yards on just 33 plays. Not one of the Campers scoring drives lasted more than 4 plays. Above the border, the Warriors were no push-over, having won the Mighty Peace Conference in 5 of the previous 9 seasons.

Posted (edited)

One of the issues in that '09 Alco - Grand Prairie game, besides the fact that Alco was a pretty darn good team ('09 was the last year they beat Fort Hill) - Grand Prairie must've been called for 15 motion penalties. It's hard to run what was considered a potent passing offense when you are used to having multiple men in motion and players in full sprint towards the line of scrimmage at the snap. That was a hard game to watch.

That was a historic game, though, as it was the first time an MPSSAA school had ever played an international game.

Edited by sickofitall

Posted (edited)

Here's a list of dates I'm still missing (doesn't necessarily mean a school is open this week, might just be missing the game from the schedule):

- Calvert Hall: Weeks 4,8,10 (Week 4 OR 10 is vs. SFA)

- Gilman: Weeks 3,5

- Loyola: Weeks 9,10

- Saint Frances: Weeks 1,4,10 (Week 4 OR 10 is vs. CHC)

- Boys' Latin: Weeks 2,3

- Saint Mary's: Week 2

- Saint Paul's: Weeks 2,3

- Annapolis Area Christian: Weeks 3,4,5,7,8,10 (4 of these are conference games)

- Friends: Weeks 1,3,4,6,7,9,10 (4 of these are conference games)

- Mount Carmel: Weeks 1,4,5,6,8,9 (4 of these are conference games)

- Bishop McNamara: Weeks 1,4

- Fort Hill: Week 6

- Northern Garrett: Week 5

- Douglass (Baltimore City): Weeks 1,4,10

- Mervo: Weeks 2,5

- Benjamin Franklin: Week 1

- Bluford Drew Jemison: Week 1

- Carver: Week 1

- FAET: Week 1

- Southwestern: Week 1

- Randallstown: Week 1

- Western Tech: Week 1

- Lansdowne: Week 1

- Sparrows Point: Week 7

- Central Maryland Christian (Home School): Weeks 0,8

- Maryland Christian (Home School): Weeks 7,9

- Francis Scott Key: Weeks 1,7

- Thomas Johnson: Week 1

- Urbana: Week 3

- Boonsboro: Week 2

- Hancock: Week 9

- SEED: Weeks 2,4,7,8,10

- Avalon: Weeks 2,6,7,8,9

- Capitol Christian: Weeks 2,4,5,6,7,10

- Green Street Academy: Weeks 2,5,6,7,8,9,10

- Maryland School for the Deaf: Weeks 4,10

- National Christian: Weeks 1,2,3,5,6,8,10

- Riverdale Baptist: Weeks 8,11

- Silver Oak: Weeks 2,3,9,10

- Aberdeen: Week 1

- Fallston: Weeks 1,2

- North Harford: Week 2

- Harford Tech: Weeks 1,5

- North East: Week 1

- Patterson Mill: Weeks 1,2

- Rising Sun: Week 2

- Landon: Weeks 2,3,4,6,9,10 (3 of these are conference games)

- Saint James: Week 4

- Fairmont Heights: Weeks 1,2,8,10

- Gwynn Park: Week 3

- Surrattsville: Weeks 2,3,7,10

- DuVal: Weeks 3,4

- Laurel: Weeks 2,6,7

- Parkdale: Weeks 1,2,4,6,7

- Leonardtown: Week 1

Edited by eaglesinsider

After looking at these schedules, here are 12 on my must see list:

8/25 DeMatha @ Bishop Gorman (NV) on TV

9/1 Dunbar @ Allegany

9/8 Calvert Hall @ Henry A. Wise

9/8 DeMatha @ Franklin

9/8 IMG (FL) @ SFA

9/28 Northwest @ Good Counsel

10/14 SFA @ Gilman

10/21 Fort Hill @ Friendship Collegiate (DC)

11/3 Patterson @ Dunbar

11/4 City vs Poly @ M&T Bank Stadium

11/23 Calvert Hall vs Loyola @ M&T Bank

Stadium

City vs lake Clifton week 1, but it's considered a scrimmage

Is this because of the fight that broke out at the City/Poly game?

After looking at these schedules, here are 12 on my must see list:

8/25 DeMatha @ Bishop Gorman (NV) on TV

9/1 Dunbar @ Allegany

9/8 Calvert Hall @ Henry A. Wise

9/8 DeMatha @ Franklin

9/8 IMG (FL) @ SFA

9/28 Northwest @ Good Counsel

10/14 SFA @ Gilman

10/21 Fort Hill @ Friendship Collegiate (DC)

11/3 Patterson @ Dunbar

11/4 City vs Poly @ M&T Bank Stadium

11/23 Calvert Hall vs Loyola @ M&T Bank

Stadium

I concur with all those matchups, except City-Poly, Patterson-Dunbar & Calvert Hall-Loyola.  Aren't those games played every year? Or is next year an anniversary or something?

Also, no interest in Bullis @ Quince Orchard?

I concur with all those matchups, except City-Poly, Patterson-Dunbar & Calvert Hall-Loyola. Aren't those games played every year? Or is next year an anniversary or something?

Also, no interest in Bullis @ Quince Orchard?

All three local games are rivalry games. City-Poly was one of the top games I saw last season. Multiple OTs. Patterson always plays Dunbar tough no matter how good Dunbar is. I look forward to CHC cutting that lead in the series with Loyola. I thought you'd question SFA against Gilman. I want to see the Panthers beat the Greyhounds by a lot.

Bullis vs QO does nothing for me. Sorry.

City vs lake Clifton week 1, but it's considered a scrimmage

Thanks! Do you know if that's at City or at Lake Clifton?

All three local games are rivalry games. City-Poly was one of the top games I saw last season. Multiple OTs. Patterson always plays Dunbar tough no matter how good Dunbar is. I look forward to CHC cutting that lead in the series with Loyola. I thought you'd question SFA against Gilman. I want to see the Panthers beat the Greyhounds by a lot.

Bullis vs QO does nothing for me. Sorry.

I think Bullis vs QO is a very interesting game from a MoCo standpoint.  It's a good measuring stick for local purposes to compare team from different leagues in the DC area.  I don't think they have ever played and are maybe a bike ride away from each other.  It's a lower grade version of the Northwest vs. GC game.  Except that game should be a blow out.

City-Poly is probably more of a Bmore local game.  From a pure football perspective it doesn't move the needle regionally as neither is really a top flight program any longer.  They are competitive with each other and makes for a good match up. But it has local historical significance and gets the nod accordingly.

Patterson vs. Dunbar - probably a higher grade version of City vs. Poly? Don't hold me to that.

Calvert Hall vs. Loyola.  Obviously the big annual game no matter the fact that CHC is a different animal than Loyola on paper.  Both catholic schools with tons of overlap, history and "significance".  Loyola will throw everything at them and give them a much better game than anyone expects.  It's similar to Georgetown Prep vs Gonzaga.  If the game isn't any good, there will be solo cups overflowing and a lot of networking in the parking lot.  Good place to get a job or a date.

I like the rest of the games noted.