Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eaglesinsider

2017 MD HS Football Schedules

303 posts in this topic

Penn State has great track facilities and its close to home. Only school that comes close is OSU.

Within 3 hour drive. Great academics plus track is nuanced with scholarships.

To be completely honest, I don't really know what GP returns. I was much more up to date on last seasons team and wasn't surprised at all with their season. I figured they would lose some steam. Am I wrong?

I'd say that offensively they had the talent to throw a lot more than they did last year - but with a workhorse running back they pretty much stayed the course for which they are known.  They have a rising sophomore RB that could be special for a few years.  The OL is going to be young, pretty scrappy and well coached.  They might actually have some relative size in the youth coming up. They have had less with which to work and been fine.  A young TE and FB capable of handing out headaches. A very smart and athletic QB who currently plays lax at a very high level.  If they throw, he will have options. They have speed and height at the wideout/ slot position.  They will move the ball around more so than in previous years I think.  The D will be solid again and led by the secondary keeping order while the LBs fill, slide and rack up tackles.  They have a returning 1st team all conference FS / ATH who can simply do it all with some experienced LB and CB options.  A couple of two sport guys are reportedly coming back after having taken a year off to provide some depth. It's Prep - they will be neither deep nor flashy.  Like last year, they are going to be in position, hit you hard and often.  They cannot afford injuries.  When they dictate pace, they can play with almost anyone sans the national programs.  That's my take +/-100 days out.      

Prep is always a solid team that can run the ball. What gets them in trouble is the simple mistakes they make like a dropped ball for a 1st down to keep the chains moving and matching up with another teams athletes. As with most teams if they play mistake free or limit the simple mistake you will find yourself in a dog fight.

True.

Anyone see that SFA has 2 players in the top 50 for 2018.

Including the number 2 overall player. And number 47 overall player who is a OT I never heard of

The OT is from Northern HS down in Calvert County.....I think he and the Coach are going to SFA. Had a good showing at Ohio St last summer that earned him his stars.......not playing against the best talent in Calvert County Public Schools.....see what happens with the move up. Definitely has very good D1 size

Anyone see that SFA has 2 players in the top 50 for 2018.

Including the number 2 overall player. And number 47 overall player who is a OT I never heard of

Top 50 in ESPN, no where else. The kid that's ranked number 2 on there isn't even close to that in any other rankings. I also have never heard of the other kid and have no idea where he came from.

That being said, SFA is getting some serious talent. If hey put it together, they will be very special this year.

The OT is from Northern HS down in Calvert County.....I think he and the Coach are going to SFA. Had a good showing at Ohio St last summer that earned him his stars.......not playing against the best talent in Calvert County Public Schools.....see what happens with the move up. Definitely has very good D1 size

Well that answer my question on where he came from. They're loaded on that OL.

Both kids are on most list as top 15 players in Maryland. The wr/db from Mervo that's in c/o 2019 that transferred there may become their next big recruit. This team is stacked and I bet will add more pieces.

Anybody know how many new transfers SFA has this year and how many from last year have gone elsewhere

Anybody know how many new transfers SFA has this year and how many from last year have gone elsewhere

Leave it alone JB. Benchwarmers (white kids) at Gilman weren't going to leave when Poggi brought in bluechippers. The Gilman kids have networks that will ensure that they will go to college no matter what. At SFA the displaced players go elsewhere. The kids at SFA don't have that safety net. They transfer elsewhere where they can play and hopefully shine in front of recruiters. It's just the way it is. No need for the righteous indignation. The other predominately white MIAA schools doesn't have to deal with this harsh reality.

Also heard that the SFA coaches are continuing to help kids who are not in that school get offers, so I can see some good in what they are doing

who else ?

They return their whole OL from last year. Best player in the line is the Gilman transfer and rising junior Darien Dalcourt. He will be a high four star recruit.

Actually think they lose both tackles who started but return both guards and center plus Dalcourt who was a starter for part of the season. And he already has some big time offers. Also thought they had some OL coming from Richmond along with big Southern MD guy who also has some big time offers

Actually think they lose both tackles who started but return both guards and center plus Dalcourt who was a starter for part of the season. And he already has some big time offers. Also thought they had some OL coming from Richmond along with big Southern MD guy who also has some big time offers

Dalcourt started the whole season at tackle and honestly was their best OL. They do bring in linemen from Richmond.

Leave it alone JB. Benchwarmers (white kids) at Gilman weren't going to leave when Poggi brought in bluechippers. The Gilman kids have networks that will ensure that they will go to college no matter what. At SFA the displaced players go elsewhere. The kids at SFA don't have that safety net. They transfer elsewhere where they can play and hopefully shine in front of recruiters. It's just the way it is. No need for the righteous indignation. The other predominately white MIAA schools doesn't have to deal with this harsh reality.

I wouldn't blame white or black kids when they transfer, if their coaches aren't committed to developing them and just hit the recruiting trail to upgrade. I'm commenting to your statement above. Why should players be committed to stay when a Poggi or other coaches build HS programs thru recruiting? 

UPDATE 5/2: Here's a list of dates I'm still missing (doesn't necessarily mean a school is open this week, might just be missing the game from the schedule):

- Calvert Hall: Weeks 4,8,10 (Week 4 OR 10 is vs. SFA)

- Gilman: Weeks 3,5

- Loyola: Weeks 9,10

- Saint Frances: Weeks 4,10 (Week 4 OR 10 is vs. CHC)

- Boys' Latin: Weeks 2,3

- Saint Mary's: Week 2

- Saint Paul's: Weeks 2,3

- Annapolis Area Christian: Weeks 3,4,5,7,8,10 (4 of these are conference games)

- Friends: Weeks 1,3,4,6,7,9,10 (4 of these are conference games)

- Mount Carmel: Weeks 1,4,5,6,8,9 (4 of these are conference games)

- Bishop McNamara: Weeks 1,4

- Fort Hill: Week 6

- Northern Garrett: Week 5

- Douglass (Baltimore City): Weeks 1,4,10

- Mervo: Week 5

- Benjamin Franklin: Week 1

- Bluford Drew Jemison: Week 1

- Carver: Week 1

- FAET: Week 1

- Southwestern: Week 1

- Randallstown: Week 1

- Western Tech: Week 1

- Lansdowne: Week 1

- Sparrows Point: Week 7

- Central Maryland Christian (Home School): Weeks 0,8

- Maryland Christian (Home School): Weeks 7,9

- Francis Scott Key: Week 7

- Thomas Johnson: Week 1

- Hancock: Week 9

- SEED: Weeks 2,4,7,8,10

- Avalon: Weeks 2,6,7,8,9

- Capitol Christian: Weeks 4,5,6,7,10

- Green Street Academy: Weeks 2,5,6,7,8,9,10

- Maryland School for the Deaf: Weeks 4,10

- National Christian: Weeks 1,2,3,5,6,8,10

- Riverdale Baptist: Weeks 8,11

- Silver Oak: Weeks 3,9,10

- Aberdeen: Week 1

- Fallston: Weeks 1,2

- North Harford: Week 2

- Harford Tech: Week 5

- Patterson Mill: Weeks 1,2

- Rising Sun: Week 2

- Landon: Weeks 2,3,4,6,9,10,11 (3 of these are conference games)

- Saint James: Week 4

- Fairmont Heights: Weeks 1,8,10

- Surrattsville: Weeks 2,10

- Parkdale: Weeks 1,2,7

- Leonardtown: Week 1

Edited by eaglesinsider

How did Mervo get approved to play a game in Cincinnati?

According to their schedule on Digital Sports they're playing at Robert A. Taft HS in Cincy on Saturday, September 30th.

UPDATE 5/11: Here's a list of dates I'm still missing (doesn't necessarily mean a school is open this week, might just be missing the game from the schedule):

- Annapolis Area Christian: Weeks 3,4,5,7,8,10 (4 of these are conference games)

- Friends: Weeks 1,3,4,6,7,9,10 (4 of these are conference games)

- Mount Carmel: Weeks 1,4,5,6,8,9 (4 of these are conference games)

- Douglass (Baltimore City): Week 4

- SEED: Weeks 2,4,7,8

- Green Street Academy: Weeks 2,5,7,8,9

- National Christian: Weeks 1,2,3,5,6,8

- Riverdale Baptist: Weeks 8,11

- Fairmont Heights: Weeks 1,8,10

- Surrattsville: Weeks 2,10

- Parkdale: Weeks 1,2,7

Edited by eaglesinsider

5 hours ago, eaglesinsider said:

How did Mervo get approved to play a game in Cincinnati?

According to their schedule on Digital Sports they're playing at Robert A. Taft HS in Cincy on Saturday, September 30th.

Is Dunbar playing IMG in Florida?

7 minutes ago, city40blast said:

Is Dunbar playing IMG in Florida?

That's what I've been told, it's IMG's B team though. I figured it was more plausible that IMG was covering Dunbar's travel expenses (or a significant portion of them) then a inner-city magnet school with a 34-player roster from Cincy being able to help Mervo out with travel expenses.

UPDATE 5/18: Here's a list of dates I'm still missing (doesn't necessarily mean a school is open this week, might just be missing the game from the schedule):

- Annapolis Area Christian: Week 4

- Friends: Weeks 1,3,4,6,9 (2 of these are vs. OLMC)

- Mount Carmel: Weeks 1,4,6,8 (2 of these vs. Friends)

- Douglass (Baltimore City): Week 4

- SEED: Weeks 2,4,7,8

- Green Street Academy: Weeks 2,5,7,8,9

- National Christian: Weeks 1,2,5,6,8

- Fairmont Heights: Weeks 1,8

- Parkdale: Week 1

Edited by eaglesinsider