Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eaglesinsider

2017 MD HS Football Schedules

352 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

No, instead they had double-digit players leave based solely on football.

And lets not forget double digit coach departures with the double digit player de-gilmanning.  Perhaps this explains Gilman going from 10 - 1 and the #1 team in Maryland to 2 - 9 and a #2 dodo team.....  But I look forward to the alum pups opening the check books as lil ga stated to buy another team again and give lil ga something legit to talk about other than his excessive drinking, over-the-top gambling, and other silly @zz G issues he think is just bragging.  Maybe even g-Spot and other Gilman supporters will return, speaking of double digit departures based on football...  :P

Edited by DayWalker

I tell you, this board is 100x better since I've put Guru and Daywalker's multiple accounts (and now Mamba) on the ignore list. It's like the average IQ of the posters has shot up dramatically and there's no nonsensical ramblings of madmen cluttering up every thread, they're all hidden for me.

That's your excuse when someone challenges your BS? Multiple accounts? You're a freakin' joke as well as a hypocrite. I've been on this board since 2007 with one handle, TheGuru. GTFOH with your paranoia. #MakeMIAAgreatagain

:D :D :D ......Only in America!  Don't upset sensitive schedule score boy.  You'll mess around and get BLOCKED!

Oh, neva mind, sssb already did so....  Welcome to the blocked mix, and a privateer nonetheless.  :P

Looks like DeMatha vs. Bishop Gorman(NV) is a go according to the national board.

From looking at the schedules I've input so far, looks like a 3 division set up for Baltimore County this year.

D1 looks to be Catonsville, Dulaney, Dundalk, Franklin, Kenwood, Milford Mill, Parkville and Perry Hall

I've got the full schedules for all those except Dundalk, whose Week 1 isn't listed but is most likely CHC.

Baltimore County D2? looks to be Lansdowne, Patapsco, Towson, Woodlawn, Loch Raven, Pikesville and Sparrows Point

Which leaves D3? as Chesapeake, Eastern Tech, Hereford, New Town, Overlea, Owings Mills, Randallstown and Western Tech

Div 1 is correct.  

Div 2: Chesapeake, Eastern Tech, Hereford, New Town, Overlea, Owings Mills, Randallstown, Western Tech

Div 3: Lansdowne, Loch Raven, Patapsco, Pikesville, Sparrows Point, Towson, Woodlawn

Whoever came up with this idea was clearly drunk, and the schedule is absolutely ridiculous.  You have 4 3A teams in the bottom division.  Each D1 team except Franklin (shocker) gets scheduled 2 out-of-division games.  Dundalks 2 out-of-division are 2 of the worst teams in the county (another shocker), but are both 3A teams for playoff points.  Dulaney gets to play a D3 team, Perry Hall gets to play 2 D3 teams...but still get the 3A points when they beat them.  Seems to some like the Powers That Be in Balt Co had a little secret meeting to put together the schedule they wanted.  

Div 1 is correct.  

Div 2: Chesapeake, Eastern Tech, Hereford, New Town, Overlea, Owings Mills, Randallstown, Western Tech

Div 3: Lansdowne, Loch Raven, Patapsco, Pikesville, Sparrows Point, Towson, Woodlawn

Whoever came up with this idea was clearly drunk, and the schedule is absolutely ridiculous.  You have 4 3A teams in the bottom division.  Each D1 team except Franklin (shocker) gets scheduled 2 out-of-division games.  Dundalks 2 out-of-division are 2 of the worst teams in the county (another shocker), but are both 3A teams for playoff points.  Dulaney gets to play a D3 team, Perry Hall gets to play 2 D3 teams...but still get the 3A points when they beat them.  Seems to some like the Powers That Be in Balt Co had a little secret meeting to put together the schedule they wanted.  

I couldn't agree more. The County needed to go back to a three-divisional setup, but not this lunacy. The County had an opportunity to get things right, and totally blew it. Here's how I would have set up the divisions.

3A-4A Division (The 4A teams and the stronger 3A's)

Catonsvile (4A), Dulaney (4A), Perry Hall (4A), Dundalk (3A), Franklin (3A), Kenwood (3A), Milford Mill (3A), Parkville (3A)

2A-3A Division (The weaker 3A's and the 2A's)

Lansdowne (3A), Patapsco (3A), Towson (3A), Woodlawn (3A), Eastern Tech (2A), Hereford (2A), New Town (2A), Owings Mills (2A)

1A Division

Chesapeake, Loch Raven, Overlea, Pikesville, Randallstown, Sparrows Point, Western Tech

The County had a setup similar to this some years back, but foolishly scrapped it when they went to that absurd "developmental league" concept (the weakest 2A, 3A, and 4A teams in the same division for alleged "competitive balance"). My alignments would have provided competitive balance, plus the best opportunity for ALL of the teams to earn the maximum number of playoff points. Only the 3A classification would have had teams in two different divisions, and that was based on comparative strength of the teams. As a Hereford guy, I would much rather see the Bulls play the seven teams in my proposed 2A-3A Division, plus two strong teams from the 3A-4A Division and a quality Non-County team rather than the crappy schedule they have had dumped on them for 2017, which includes FIVE 1A teams. Not the way for a 2A team to build up playoff points.

I also believe the County should have allowed teams to schedule more than one Non-County game per year. This would have been beneficial for the weaker 1A teams, allowing them to schedule more games against the academy-type Baltimore City teams and teams from the MIAA C Conference, games they could be competitive in. This would have been good for the stronger teams as well, allowing them to test their mettle more often against high quality teams from outside the County.

What makes it most fishy to me is the EVERY TEAM in the top division except Kenwood and Parkville still gets at least 1 of the 3A teams that moved to the "Developmental League"..meaning they should get that WIN and the 3A points that come along with it.  AND Perry Hall and Dundalk get 2 games vs the 3A Developmental League.  It is too perfectly set-up for me to believe it is just coincidence.  

Dundalk at Calvert Hall is a go. Will be played Saturday night, 9/2.

All Baltimore Co. schools have to open up on 9/2 this year because the county won't let them play that Friday night (9/1) for some reason.

Westminster will be hosting Delaware private school power Salesianium this year.

Sep 1 2017 is a Muslim holiday - don't know which one - and apparently Baltimore County is now recognizing it???

Old mill has north point week 1

Are you sure of this match?  Is it from a very reliable source?

Can you get Fort Hill to open up with both barrels on Loyola?  I would just love to see that so a certain jbdoormat around here could experience your The Final Countdown and that FH ain't 4-6 Edmondson.....  MSJ know.

Would you and all your handles show up to watch The DiclLicker

Can you get Fort Hill to open up with both barrels on Loyola? I would just love to see that so a certain jbdoormat around here could experience your The Final Countdown and that FH ain't 4-6 Edmondson..... MSJ know.

Hell with Loyola DW, I want to see this FH/Roosevelt game that has been discussed on other boards. Some PG peeps should put that through for week 1

Maybe a Loyola vs Catonsville game huh Comets

Hell with Loyola DW, I want to see this FH/Roosevelt game that has been discussed on other boards. Some PG peeps should put that through for week 1

Nah, first I think PG teams week 1 games are already booked.  Second, it would not be in Roosevelt's best playoff points interest to play a 1A Fort Hill game, if that's the FH you mean.  More on this line, PG is having its 1A/2A/3A teams play it's 4A teams so Roosevelt would not want another 1A game.  Besides, Fort Hill may already have a PG game with Fairmont Heights.  But this is only The DayWalker's assessment.

Edited by DayWalker

Nah, first I think PG teams week 1 games are already booked. Second, it would not be in Roosevelt's best playoff points interest to play a 1A Fort Hill game, if that's the FH you mean. More on this line, PG is having its 1A/2A/3A teams play it's 4A teams so Roosevelt would not want another 1A game. Besides, Fort Hill may already have a PG game with Fairmont Heights. But this is only The DayWalker's assessment.

Yeah Fort Hill, I'd still like to see it happen

Yeah Fort Hill, I'd still like to see it happen

Could be BUT I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it....

Could be BUT I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it...

Nah, never. Looking like different dates available anyways

Who made New Town's schedule.....4 home games, 6 on the road........5 of the last 6 games are on the road....smh

OUCH! Really nothing unusual about 4H 6A split because it will be the opposite next year - BUT 5 of 6 on road to end is not right. 

Are you sure of this match?  Is it from a very reliable source?

Yes I am sure, work for AACO.