Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eaglesinsider

2017 MD HS Football Schedules

308 posts in this topic

What is never mentioned on here is how good Wise would be if they could keep wveryone in their zone instead of going private. Whoa!

I believe Wise had this to be a problem several years ago when B McNamara brought in a new coach from Hampton I believe it was and so many kids came back home to Wise. 

I know. One of my good friends will have his 4th kid play at McDonogh this year, and he lives in AACo. Spalding came calling for all 4 at one time, but McD gave him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Ain't no talent Paying To Play.....

You were NOT quoting me nor anyone else to say privates should measure themselves against public.  It's the other way around my man in your privates saying that public teams need to measure themselves against your privates and I'm telling you and all that's hogwash and that the standard for publics is playoffs and championship appearances and state title wins.  Understand?????  The standard for privates are some league titles with or without playoffs, and opinion polls ( rankings) among hundreds / thousands of teams who don't play each other.

I understand the Georgetown/Maryland hoops matter in and of itself but you obviously don't understand that it has no nexis to MD high school football public - private recruitment.  It least you need to better articulate your analogy.  Work on it GT.  Regarding your so called shot at the best teams and if you really really believe this, then why doesn't your GT Prep play the very best or you champion the cause that they do so rather than what publics should do or you even conclude without merit that your privates are the best.  Last I heard of GT Preps was it running back to Bethesda from the MIAA with its lil hoya between its legs.  I mean come on 10-games and done GT, it this what you mean about no being out of control!!!!

Again, DeMatha will not be a measure of where Franklin stand but just another game.  Like I said, if Franklin win it will not guarantee any more than what 9 other wins will for the playoffs where it all starts again for one to go 4 and 0 --- win or go home.  GT, the combined records of the teams who won states last season was 56 and 0.  All runner-ups lost their last game.  That was the test themselves game GT and against another public team and not your privates.  Franklin according to your standard played McDonogh last season and by your take that should have prepared them well and made them unbeatable for the playoff and title game.  But how did that work out for the Indians....  GT, connect the dots and make sense in your arguments.  Right now you are a mindless private homie lost in space....so typical of your lot seeking to suggest what publics can do to help make themselves better based on your warped understanding of publics..

Welll, now we know who writes Trumps speeches... you need to chill out man.  Get back on the extended dose Rx.

Quoting DW:

"Now The Daywalker has no heartburn with this other than the private chest thumping on how such bad@zzes you all are relative to the publics who depend upon the lot that actually walk through the doors any given year, and how the better publics should step up to you privates to measure themselves, or that privates should be part of the public state championship tournament, and other bullshtye nonsense you pull out of your collective rumps for better validation at public expense."

This is your exact quote.  It's what you think the privates think.  I have no idea how that is "at the public expense".

The MD/ Georgetown hoops issue had everything to do with local media bias, recruiting and some personal animosities developed over the years.  

As to Prep.  They play 10 games and have a regular season champion based on that.  It's not out of control by any stretch.  I actually wish they had playoffs.  But there aren't enough teams in the league for it make any sense. However, like Loyola, they just don't play the recruiting game.   That is what I was talking about.  They play a decent OOC schedule.  They scheduled O'Connell when they were in the WCAC making noise before it all fell a part  - and put a clock on them.  A few years ago they played BMAC. They play Gonzaga, Benedictine (VA) and Riverdale Baptist - also OOC.  Benedictine is a legit program and would be ranked top 10 in either DC or Baltimore.  They pounded them in Richmond in a driving rain storm.  The last two years they have manhandled Riverdale.  In IAC play, both Bullis and Episcopal are quality teams with kids that go to big time programs and are usually ranked at some point in a given season.  They were up against all three this year and ended up losing by a score in each.  It's a tough schedule - but not over the top - and consistent with their mission.  They are far better now than they were when they played in the MIAA.  But they aren't trying to be a national program - or even the top program in DC. That being said, they would give a game to any of the upper level publics you like to rant about.   

Edited by DMVFootball

Welll, now we know who writes Trumps speeches... you need to chill out man.  Get back on the extended dose Rx.

Quoting DW:

"Now The Daywalker has no heartburn with this other than the private chest thumping on how such bad@zzes you all are relative to the publics who depend upon the lot that actually walk through the doors any given year, and how the better publics should step up to you privates to measure themselves, or that privates should be part of the public state championship tournament, and other bullshtye nonsense you pull out of your collective rumps for better validation at public expense."

GTPrep

It is NOT my quote but me stating the position of you privates in that publics need to test themselves against privates (step UP; play the best) or that privates should be included in the public state championships.  I am stating that I don't care about all your mercenary recruiting.  My pet peeve is you all bring up publics and what they can and can't do against you all.  Understand now sport????  The more I chat with you privates, the more I assess my public education was not that bad after all....  :rolleyes:

Regarding GTPrep and who of great stature they played and whipped, I cannot recall when O'Connell made noise in the WCAC as you say they did unless it was ouch! Ouch!! OUCH!!! several times each season for the last decade when they were taken to the WCAC wood shed and repeatedly abused.  Has O'Connell ever had a winning season?  But the one time you played O'Connell in the last 10-years last season can't fall in your period of when O'Connell made noise in the WCAC.  Please don't brag about beating the nerds of St. Albans or Landon.  Yes you played Gonzaga last season BUT you lost to Gonzaga!  Have you ever beaten lower WCAC B McNamara?  How about Spalding?  Gilman regularly cleaned GTPreps clock and was probably the catapult that launched GTPrep out of the MIAA back to safer not out of control Bethesda!  Didn't MIAA-B conference Bullis kick your @zz last season and three straight years before!!!!  :o

Ace, you exposed The DayWalker your hold card in that post about Westminster playing some big time DE team in the fall you questioned but related GTPrep destroyed Westminster in a scrimmage last year.  I had you then instantly pegged as a GTPrep homer seeking "Validation", a severely flawed trait of you privates.  But Welcome Homie!!!  We now have lil private hoyas in da house!!!!!  What's your blood type; this should be a little fun?  You have The DayWalker's attention....Let's Walk.   :P

Edited by DayWalker

Oh stop talking so stupid doormat. Sure you would care if SFA "bought" in a whole all-star team from all across the US. Your head would just spin off your neck and your lips will still flap in the breeze b_itchin'. But fellow, why do you think SFA has to proclaim or confess to you what you think they are doing!!! Your only concern that you can't do a darn thing about is SFA breaking a toenail off in Loyola's rear next season.... :P

You mean like they did this year DiclLicker. Yeah it was a horrible *** whippin they put on that poor Loyola team. Was a team of men playing against boys. LOL

Like Frank Sinatra said, I did it my way. And you should work on your reading comprehension and you wouldn't have to apologize anymore

Cool, well good luck in climbing out of the MIAA-A cellar doing it your Loyola way.  Have you all considered the B conference?  You had some success there last season.  I mean 0 for 6 in the A-conference but you rallied elsewhere to end up 5 and 6, yet still a loser.  But I still cannot get over you losing to Gilman.  GILMAN without MR. Poggi and crew!!!!  :o   Besides dealing with The DayWalker, that had to be the lowest point of your year...  But what the hey slick rick, you are all done with high school football.  Where can we expect to see you and yours on Saturdays "doing it your way"....  :rolleyes:

Think I will watch a lot of rec and public school ball, how about you

No rec ball for me slick because I tend to be quite intolerant of rec parent dispositions during games and immediately after, much like so many obnoxious DeMatha peeps. But I'm sure I'll try to get in LOTS and LOTS of public school ball from around the state.  But I'll need to get all the new regions / classifications sorted out.

You mean like they did this year DiclLicker. Yeah it was a horrible *** whippin they put on that poor Loyola team. Was a team of men playing against boys. LOL

This wasn't any men against boys bs. I know it wasnt a blowout. Your son is big boy and bigger at his age then the average man. Nobody accuses him of being a grown damn man. Stop with your idiocracy, please. Edited by TheGuru

This wasn't any men against boys bs. I know it wasnt a blowout. Your son is big boy and bigger at his age then the average man. Nobody accuses him of being a grown damn man. Stop with your idiocracy, please.

OOooppss, there it is!!!

jbdoormat, the school admin doesn't support football and the other team had men to play your boys and the stars haven't properly aligned all decade are just some lame @zz excuses for your underachieving impotence...  Face it bro, you need to drop to B.  You can still Turkey Bowl from down-under.  :P

SF is actively recruiting all over the DMV that SJC team you seen last year may lose some pieces to them as well .

Guru that was sarcasm towards the goof ball not a true statement. Like I said to you before I was impressed with how well the group they brought in bonded and played together as a team. They were definitely the best team in the conference and played like it.

SF is actively recruiting all over the DMV that SJC team you seen last year may lose some pieces to them as well .

No problem, it's the private way of life while so many preach about it's all about the superior academics.

Guru that was sarcasm towards the goof ball not a true statement. Like I said to you before I was impressed with how well the group they brought in bonded and played together as a team. They were definitely the best team in the conference and played like it.

"They" (SFA) were your so thought of "definitely" very best by just one game as I see it.  There just isn't much wiggle room in that regard with it all decided in just 6 games and why you have dual-league champions at times and likely could have tri-champions in a 7 team league.  But Spalding put up better scores within your league than "THEY" and were even in points dropped on the two.  Head-to-head the Spalding-They game was close and perhaps the They home field made the different.

How did the Loyola boys make out against the Spalding menboys?

Yeah your right Spalding was very close, but for a team that hadn't played together until that year I give it to them. And DW yeah we lost big to Spalding I the end but if you look at the summary of the game it was within 4 points going into 4th. IMO to let a close game like that get out of hand I put that on the coach. But yes we lost big

But you beat public playoff Edmondson.....  That's worth something; at least a Happy Meal.  Weren't you happy...

GTPrep

It is NOT my quote but me stating the position of you privates in that publics need to test themselves against privates (step UP; play the best) or that privates should be included in the public state championships.  I am stating that I don't care about all your mercenary recruiting.  My pet peeve is you all bring up publics and what they can and can't do against you all.  Understand now sport????  The more I chat with you privates, the more I assess my public education was not that bad after all....  :rolleyes:

Regarding GTPrep and who of great stature they played and whipped, I cannot recall when O'Connell made noise in the WCAC as you say they did unless it was ouch! Ouch!! OUCH!!! several times each season for the last decade when they were taken to the WCAC wood shed and repeatedly abused.  Has O'Connell ever had a winning season?  But the one time you played O'Connell in the last 10-years last season can't fall in your period of when O'Connell made noise in the WCAC.  Please don't brag about beating the nerds of St. Albans or Landon.  Yes you played Gonzaga last season BUT you lost to Gonzaga!  Have you ever beaten lower WCAC B McNamara?  How about Spalding?  Gilman regularly cleaned GTPreps clock and was probably the catapult that launched GTPrep out of the MIAA back to safer not out of control Bethesda!  Didn't MIAA-B conference Bullis kick your @zz last season and three straight years before!!!!  :o

Ace, you exposed The DayWalker your hold card in that post about Westminster playing some big time DE team in the fall you questioned but related GTPrep destroyed Westminster in a scrimmage last year.  I had you then instantly pegged as a GTPrep homer seeking "Validation", a severely flawed trait of you privates.  But Welcome Homie!!!  We now have lil private hoyas in da house!!!!!  What's your blood type; this should be a little fun?  You have The DayWalker's attention....Let's Walk.   :P

DW - you are one bizarre cat. My original post was asking about Westminster and why they would schedule Sally out of DE.  I thought they had been pretty good in years past ("up & down" as another noted).  They finished with a decent season after getting destroyed by a Prep squad in a rare match up of a Carroll County public and a MoCo private that doesn't recruit.  I understand the differences between the different privates and what their respective agendas might be.  You, on the other hand, seem to think they are all about the same thing.  The funniest thing you have postured is that ..."for Franklin, DeMatha is just another game" as you went forth with the diatribe.  That is such a pile of garbage.  I suppose a Wise vs. DM game would be "just another game".  Just like Gonzaga vs. Centerville was "another game" two years ago.  Sure was.  Another game that something like 7,000 people showed up to see plus an ESPN audience.  You know why?  Because it is interesting.  Because they don't play often if at all.  Because they were both highly touted by local and national media.  Because putting the two baddest dogs in the ring is what competition is all about.  

You clearly got too excited in your response.  Otherwise, rather than hyperventilate on the keyboard you would have realized that Bullis is not an MIAA-B school in reality, or insult by way of reference.  They have a ton of talent and bring in senior transfers.  It's almost SFA "light" in that regard.  GP lost by once score both years.  Stop talking and typing for a minute - and go look at where their seniors committed to the last two years.  Same with Episcopal. O'Connell was doing all kinds of the same stuff before their program was deconstructed from within.  Their trophy QB is now at McD.  It's funny how you make all kinds of snowflake happy face excuses for publics and then beat on all privates as one - including the ones that play the kids that walk through the door (like Prep & Loyola, for example).  Which was what my response to you addressed.  Still, even some of those teams would smash the top publics whose cause you so fervently take up.  You ran your mouth about Prep's record in the MIAA 5 plus years ago vs. the Poggi scholarship teams -  I wasn't there and don't care.  I explained what they have done recently.  That's it.  Never said they were "great" other than they would give a top public a game just as they had the better privates they played.  All of this goes into the unbiased weighted national rankings and strength of schedule from which opinions are shaped.  So until they line up - that is all we have to go on master of the keyboard drama.  But hey, you know more than everybody and we are all just idiots riding in the back of your football bus.  There are actually people that track and evaluate this stuff year in and year out.  Not homers - but guys who understand the variables between teams and conferences.  They don't make up snowflake excuses and adjudicate the perceived inequities in the rankings with a bunch of 3rd person written rants - but understand how they fit in and why a certain 6-5 team may be better than a 9-2 team.  Obviously some knowledge based context there.  Regardless, the purpose of this is to determine the ranking of the teams with the benefit of appropriate input - not the reasons proffered by homers and ax grinders.  As for guys like us, the reasons are part of the discussion after the rankings are set.  However, what you seem to prefer to do is to blow the whole system up before any ranking can hurt your feelings (you sound like Trump again).  Here is a good unbiased one to chew on  http://www.mdprepfootball.com/?p=11313  It's a media poll compilation from reporters all over the state I believe.  No homers.  No drama.  No axes. No emoticons.

Having fun yet?

lil hoya

What GAME did GT Prep play when they destroyed Westminster?   waitin'

In the meantime, how many games has GT Prep played a MD public school in the last ten years and who?  Make that any public school!!!!!  When you post these findings, a very typically pattern will emerge.  More typical of your blue-blood lot is your warped talk about shyte you know nothing about or have experienced.  All your yik yak about what you would do to some public is all just hot air --- pure unfounded speculation.  I wish I could get a dollar for every time I hear one of you utter what would happen in some mystical game.  Yes, many are VERY FAMILIAR with O'Connell's trophy shop around QB now at McD.  I suspect he still will not be "winning" trophies, just named one.  

Again, remind me just what GTPrep has done since the MIAA put some boots up their rear and sent you packing back to Bethesda.  What are your great accomplishments?  And pardon me but "rankings" and SOS and all that other fluff just does not register much in my world as it does in yours.  You get a boner over 7,000 folks showing up for your BIG DeMatha / Centerville game but I have seen 10,000 at a season opener public weekend.  Hell, public 1A Fort Hill and Alco have had 10,000 in their real "stadium" and not the typical postage stamp field with stands on one side like your publics with supposedly thousands of fans.

And in the big scheme of things regarding Franklin and DeMatha, it will be just another game in the public world.  Franklin will secure points toward making the playoffs with a win or they will get nothing.  It would be the same for ANY team Franklin played if it wasn't DeMatha.  Franklin better not beat DeMatha and lose their other 9 games.  DeMatha and Wise will not play so that is a moot argument of it being a big game.  You talk about the better private teams you gave a good game.  The better private teams last season were DeMatha, Saint John's, Saint Frances, Spalding, McDonogh, and Gonzaga.  Who of these private big guns did GTPrep play and what were the resilts?

Edited by DayWalker

lil hoya

What GAME did GT Prep play when they destroyed Westminster?   waitin'

In the meantime, how many games has GT Prep played a MD public school in the last ten years and who?  Make that any public school!!!!!  When you post these findings, a very typically pattern will emerge.  More typical of your blue-blood lot is your warped talk about shyte you know nothing about or have experienced.  All your yik yak about what you would do to some public is all just hot air --- pure unfounded speculation.  I wish I could get a dollar for every time I hear one of you utter what would happen in some mystical game.  Yes, many are VERY FAMILIAR with O'Connell's trophy shop around QB now at McD.  I suspect he still will not be "winning" trophies, just named one.  

Again, remind me just what GTPrep has done since the MIAA put some boots up their rear and sent you packing back to Bethesda.  What are your great accomplishments?  And pardon me but "rankings" and SOS and all that other fluff just does not register much in my world as it does in yours.  You get a boner over 7,000 folks showing up for your BIG DeMatha / Centerville game but I have seen 10,000 at a season opener public weekend.  Hell, public 1A Fort Hill and Alco have had 10,000 in their real "stadium" and not the typical postage stamp field with stands on one side like your publics with supposedly thousands of fans.

And in the big scheme of things regarding Franklin and DeMatha, it will be just another game in the public world.  Franklin will secure points toward making the playoffs with a win or they will get nothing.  It would be the same for ANY team Franklin played if it wasn't DeMatha.  Franklin better not beat DeMatha and lose their other 9 games.  DeMatha and Wise will not play so that is a moot argument of it being a big game.  You talk about the better private teams you gave a good game.  The better private teams last season were DeMatha, Saint John's, Saint Frances, Spalding, McDonogh, and Gonzaga.  Who of these private big guns did GTPrep play and what were the resilts?

You are coming completely unglued and failing to read or accurately cite what I have written.  Never said Prep was "great".  They did play Gonzaga - as they do every year - and were up by 17 in the 3rd. - lost their starting QB to injury and the game by 1.  Gonzaga has 1,000 boys.  Prep maybe 450.  In your safe-zone world, you would never take the game because of student population advantage, because the color purple provides an unfair advantage and whatever other psycho-babble you can think up.  Prep beat Benedictine out of VA with a kid named Ellis Brooks in the rain, on grass in Richmond.  Do you have any idea who that kid is?  Probably not. Look, I don't control the schedule and I don't put them out there to be anyone's measure of football greatness. They do a great job with what they have against schools that recruit - even if they aren't WCAC or the 2/3 MIAA teams of serious caliber.  I certainly don't control the size of anybody's stadium (was there a point to any of that?)  The only thing to go on is scrimmages, unbiased rankings and perhaps next level talent - because the publics "cannot play" due to the way the playoff points are calculated.  Which has become the point of the conversation.  And again, you are 100% delusional if you think a Franklin - DM match up is "another game".  Losing all credibility with that posture actually.  Go ask a kid from Franklin.  You then follow up with "DM and Wise will not play"  Of course, you cite no reason or insight whatsoever.

I started out asking why a particular Carroll County school team (with almost 1,700 students) that got handled in a scrimmage by a MoCo private (who doesn't recruit for football) would schedule a DE "power".   A team that was in the hunt for a state playoff spot until the final week of the '16 season.  From that point you have taken this thing off the rails once again talking about recruiting advantages, pay to play insults and some crap from 5 plus years ago about Gilman and the MIAA.  But as any reader here knows, that is pretty much what you do on every thread.

Now it is time for you to get off the computer and go see the nurse for your afternoon medication. 

Dude

You know NOTHING of public play to say a small public team would not take on a large public team game due to size differences.  It's done in regular season play all the time hoya.  Large teams don't like it because they can garner more points playing a winning larger schools than mediocre or non-winning smaller schools.  Recall my dialog about Westminster, a somewhat larger school, missing the playoffs with a good 8 - 2 record I believe because they didn't earn enough points playing too many small schools....  Moreover fellow, large schools don't equate to good football programs within the publics.

Okay now, so GTPrep beat Benedictine of VA who had your boy Ellis Brook (whomever).  But from what I see, so did Woodberry and Collegiate beat Benny with Ellis Brook (whomever).  And I hate rankings but it's your thing and MaxPreps had your Benedictine of VA with Ellis Brook (whomever) ranked #1320.  Hoya, 2 and 9 Gilman was in the low 1400 range.  MD Public 1A Fort Hill was in the 600 range so Benedictine of VA with Ellis Brook (whomever) wasn't all you think but merely and so obviously the best you know and you beat.

My point of the stadium size was to show the 7,000 fans you boast of is an anomaly and NOT the norm.  And that 7,000 spectator game certainly wasn't played at DeMatha.  You and your lot don't routinely have thousands upon thousands of fans in the stands.  Hell, the last time I was at GT Prep it was a game against Paul VI and your rabid captive campus housed students occupied half the stands and others (GT and PVI regular folks and me) took up the other half, just several hundred at best.  What was nice was no admission; an open ( non-fenced ) field.

Regarding your thought that the only thing to go bye is scrimmages and "unbiased rankings", then I'd say you are completely wrong.  First, scrimmages are the last thing to use for assessment.  They may be an all out game type battle for the lil hoyas, but publics tend to use them in the manner intended to test or look over things, like schemes and players.  They are a glorified practice my man.  You are not on top of things to say GTPrep beat anyone in a scrimmage.  Two, GT Prep can play public teams.  That is NOT prohibited.  But your history of not playing MD public teams is so much on par with your other likes of DeMatha, McDonogh, et al.  Now I asked you to look up GT Preps public school play history and it seems that you have played Anacostia and twice, back-to-back.  You even won both games.  But don't start chest thumping because Gilman when it was at the apex of its mercenary talent pool also played Anacostia back-to-back.  See the pattern I mentioned...

If you want me to ask a Franklin kid about his excitement in the prospect of playing DeMatha in the fall, can I also ask -----  Would you rather play DeMatha next year OR play Damascus again right now for the 2016 state title.  Fair enough question for you hoya...  And I already told you about your DM / Wise thing.  DeMatha does NOT have a history of playing MD public schools; nada - nothing.  Wise is a relatively new school but DeMatha has been around for a very long time.  It seems to me DeMatha has a pompous stick stuck up it's @zz much like GT Prep, McDonogh, Gilman, Good Counsel et al.  See Calvert Hall's history of playing public schools.

Again GT, I recognized your Westminster question for what it was --- your Validation.  Besides, I still fail to see the source of your Sally - Westminster match.  I told you Carroll County teams don't leave their area nor host outsiders generally...

Edited by DayWalker

Dude

You know NOTHING of public play to say a small public team would not take on a large public team game due to size differences.  It's done in regular season play all the time hoya.  Large teams don't like it because they can garner more points playing a winning larger schools than mediocre or non-winning smaller schools.  Recall my dialog about Westminster, a somewhat larger school, missing the playoffs with a good 8 - 2 record I believe because they didn't earn enough points playing too many small schools....  Moreover fellow, large schools don't equate to good football programs within the publics.

Okay now, so GTPrep beat Benedictine of VA who had your boy Ellis Brook (whomever).  But from what I see, so did Woodberry and Collegiate beat Benny with Ellis Brook (whomever).  And I hate rankings but it's your thing and MaxPreps had your Benedictine of VA with Ellis Brook (whomever) ranked #1320.  Hoya, 2 and 9 Gilman was in the low 1400 range.  MD Public 1A Fort Hill was in the 600 range so Benedictine of VA with Ellis Brook (whomever) wasn't all you think but merely and so obviously the best you know and you beat.

My point of the stadium size was to show the 7,000 fans you boast of is an anomaly and NOT the norm.  And that 7,000 spectator game certainly wasn't played at DeMatha.  You and your lot don't routinely have thousands upon thousands of fans in the stands.  Hell, the last time I was at GT Prep it was a game against Paul VI and your rabid captive campus housed students occupied half the stands and others (GT and PVI regular folks and me) took up the other half, just several hundred at best.  What was nice was no admission; an open ( non-fenced ) field.

Regarding your thought that the only thing to go bye is scrimmages and "unbiased rankings", then I'd say you are completely wrong.  First, scrimmages are the last thing to use for assessment.  They may be an all out game type battle for the lil hoyas, but publics tend to use them in the manner intended to test or look over things, like schemes and players.  They are a glorified practice my man.  You are not on top of things to say GTPrep beat anyone in a scrimmage.  Two, GT Prep can play public teams.  That is NOT prohibited.  But your history of not playing MD public teams is so much on par with your other likes of DeMatha, McDonogh, et al.  Now I asked you to look up GT Preps public school play history and it seems that you have played Anacostia and twice, back-to-back.  You even won both games.  But don't start chest thumping because Gilman when it was at the apex of its mercenary talent pool also played Anacostia back-to-back.  See the pattern I mentioned...

If you want me to ask a Franklin kid about his excitement in the prospect of playing DeMatha in the fall, can I also ask -----  Would you rather play DeMatha next year OR play Damascus again right now for the 2016 state title.  Fair enough question for you hoya...  And I already told you about your DM / Wise thing.  DeMatha does NOT have a history of playing MD public schools; nada - nothing.  Wise is a relatively new school but DeMatha has been around for a very long time.  It seems to me DeMatha has a pompous stick stuck up it's @zz much like GT Prep, McDonogh, Gilman, Good Counsel et al.  See Calvert Hall's history of playing public schools.

Again GT, I recognized your Westminster question for what it was --- your Validation.  Besides, I still fail to see the source of your Sally - Westminster match.  I told you Carroll County teams don't leave their area nor host outsiders generally...

Thank God, I see the meds kicked in.  So I am wrong for trying to figure out why an 8-2 (or 7-3) CC public who missed the playoffs would schedule a game with a DE private?  Particularly when it is the same CC public that got it's butt handed to them in a scrimmage with a team using a bunch of Lax guys on the OL/ DL? C'mon man.  Any 3A public versus a school like Prep with 450 kids total in the regular season is a problem for the reason you stated.  In the MPSSA points system, Prep is about half the size of a 1A school.  That's a problematic win or loss for them.  I get it.  That is why the system sucks for any 3A or 4A school IMO.  As I have said before, they should "get" a couple of games where the MPSSA points don't matter if only to make the scheduling easier and more interesting for everybody.  Regardless of your statement to the contrary, the classification system is built to address the student population issue.  It's just math dude.  Or, did you skip that day?   But the coaching is what drives the teams on-field success and the ability to recruit formally or informally.  That is how you can have some of these crazy small schools that recruit who put big time teams on the field.  Think of the small SC & NC christian schools in this regard.  A coach like Brooks or Milloy could win anywhere.  Why?  Because they can coach X's and O's and the kids will follow based on the coaches success in fielding a team that wins and recruiters that follow.   So now DM gets a hall pass for "not having a history or playing MD public schools.  Well, you still left out why.  Is it because they (publics) don't want to play them perhaps? (recall the GU vs UMD hoops discussion) DM seems fine playing NoVa publics...  Gonzaga (not DM) played Chantilly and GC played Robinson twice.  What's the issue here?  Still Landon, nobody's definition of a football powerhouse, played both High Point and BCC last year - and Whitman the year before.  All very weak teams with nothing to lose for either.  Still interesting games that were very well attended. 

I have no idea why GP doesn't play MoCo public schools to be honest.  Because they scrimmage publics for sure.  I am guessing it has everything to do with the MPSSA playoffs and them being a 450 student school.  A scrimmage isn't a game indeed.  But a 40-3 scrimmage pretty much indicates what would happen in a game.  They are always looking for OOC games that aren't against over the top teams.  They play Gonzaga from the WCAC because it is a charity game and they are both Jesuit schools.  It's typically penciled in as an L for GP.  But they play it anyway for the cause and it is a fun game environment. Make of that what you will - but you wouldn't understand - so forget about it.  Preps rabid captive campus?  Nice try.  Out of 450 students, about 110 live on campus.  They have a robust international boarder program.  Of the 110, a reasonable estimate of 10 kids might play sports that we would discuss here.  The rest don't know what end of the football to use.  So, from a competitive standpoint, they actually have about 350 boys to choose from.

As to public vs private - you call it "validation" and I simply call it a benchmark unless and until some public guy starts saying "we would kick their *** if we played..." or "why aren't we ranked above them, we beat Einstein man!".  Because I am looking to see how teams stack up and you are looking to be offended and need to grind an ax somewhere to justify some perceived inequity to fit your narrative.

The 7,000 spectator game was not played at DeMatha.  First, they don't even have a home field.  They do use the PG Sports & Learning Complex that seats a disputed number of around 5,000.  Second, and I will type this slowly for the second time, it was between Gonzaga and Centerville and played AT Centerville on ESPN.  FWIW - The last time ESPN televised a high school game IN Baltimore it was between Gilman and GC at Towson.  Didn't see any of your publics on the tube that night...

You make my point with Gilman today.  First, from a ranking standpoint, they get some credit for prior seasons "program" success.  I don't know the algorithm, but that is a small part of it and applies across the board for programs with history.  As per your claim, that at 2-9 they are still ranked above a 7-3 team?  I don't know.  But if so, maybe that is because of strength of schedule there sport? Maybe they take 9 on the chin against some quality teams that aren't full of snowflakes.  Maybe they played a few of them tough.  In public land, it's an L or a W and that is all that matters.  And suddenly, now we have lost the ability to apply context to a game outcome, haven't we?  From a playoff perspective it's a W or an L. Sure, that make sense.  But from a "which team would win if they played" perspective?  Sorry, that requires a deeper dig.        

Edited by DMVFootball