Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eaglesinsider

2017 MD HS Football Schedules

334 posts in this topic

Guru that was sarcasm towards the goof ball not a true statement. Like I said to you before I was impressed with how well the group they brought in bonded and played together as a team. They were definitely the best team in the conference and played like it.

You got me on that one.

YES YES YES guy, You Were Wrong for trying to figure out why a 8-2 (or 7-3) Westminster team booked Sally!  That's exactly what I have been trying to tell you all the while.

All of your questions, concerns, and comments are simply because you are so ignorant of the public world and you see and assess things through your rose colored lil hoya private world glasses.  First of all, what / where is your source that Westminster of Carroll County booked Sally of DE?  You have yet to reveal that other than You Heard....  Dude, Westminster was NOT some 8-2 or 7-3 team last season but a 6 and 4 well beaten team by other mediocre teams with not enough points to even make the playoffs.  Pull up on Westminster cause you just don't know what you are talking about with a boner cause you beat that 6-4 Westminster team 40-3 in a scrimmage that doesn't count and are not officially scored because it's PRACTICE!!!  Show me ANY link to that scrimmage or any scrimmage other than some guys like us chatting about the PRACTICES!!!  So lets move on from your Westminster scrimmage orgasm Homie.  Some whiny lil b_itch like jbdoormat could get knocked up around here...

Dude, what's this BS about the MPSSAA should have games where points don't matter to make it interesting for everyone!!!  Again, that's looking at publics through your private glasses.  The points scheme is the heart of the public system for the students and not everyone.  Four and five games that don't really count is your private world.  Teams in the WCAC and MIAA can lose all of these no count OOC games and still become league champs.  But all games count in the publics.  You private guys kill me always trying to change things in the vast public world to suit your confined cave.  lil hoya, do your GTPrep a solid and figure out a playoff scheme for yourself rather than your 10-game and done world.

Yes my man, public classification does address student enrollment differences as you say.  But it's done for playoffs and NOT regular season play.  All four classifications can scrimmage and regular season play between each including privates all they want.  But dude, flush flush flush the recruiting that small schools do and why they are so successful.  I very seriously doubt if the back-to-back-to-back-to back 1A state champions in the town of Cumberland do a lot of your privates concept of recruiting.  Fort Hill is just some bad@zz footballers.  Have your GTPreps peeps give Todd Helmich a call for a game...  But I guarantee it would be just another game for Fort Hill as that's par for them where all games are no holds bared serious with states always the main focus.

Dude, and blow it out of your butt that Brooks and Milloy could win any where.  Brooks is winning now because he has the better horses to do so.  When he first took over DeMatha he didn't have the horses and he didn't win.  Milloy was 6-5 last season and 7-5 the season before and something like 7-6 within the league over the last two seasons.  Listen up bud, Wise coach DeLawn Parrish is considered great with perhaps 5 state title game appearances in 11 years the school has been open.  But before Parrish was at Wise where is had horses, he was at DuVal with mules and he got his teeth kicked in.  Milloy wasn't a winner when he coached at Walt Whitman with mules.  Win anywhere talk tells me you really don't know what you are talking about.  But nonetheless, they all are very good historically successful coaches.

You say MD public teams don't care to play DeMatha and you could be right.  But it's not over fear of the bad@zz reclassified mercenaries but because of the pompous obnoxious stick DeMatha has up it's @zz kinda like McDonogh, Good Counsel, oh and GT Prep who haven't established a relationship with the publics like Calvert Hall.  I told you this so why do you keep asking me that same thing...geeezzzz.  Gilman and DeMatha don't play anymore due to a strained relationship and I suspect the same now between DeMatha and SFA.  And dude, please please please don't raise the matter of Landon playing High Point.  HP is a team that has probably won only 5 games in the last 10 years.  It's a large 4A school where English could be the second language and so many of the kids there would better kick the football around the field than run or throw it.  Come on GT, High Point!!!  You really think 40-0 and 42-6 were "interesting well attended" games OR is this more trying to blow smoke up every ones' rear around here.  4A HP can barely suit 35 kids and the team has greater numbers than folks in the stands.  Come on dude....  I have a very good friend who coach at Landon with his two boys.  He use to coach at PG Forestville before it closed.  He damn sure knew who in PG to book for Landon much like you all know to book Anacostia.

Again you talk about lining up private and public for "benchmarks."  That is NOT NOT NOT the public game.  Public don't play for such single ego games but for the state championship.  All the DeMatha talk now is its game next season against like mercenary Gorman, don't know about reclassified like DeMatha.  You all talk some about Franklin "stepping up and testing itself" to play DeMatha.  Franklin like all publics ain't talking about jack cause it's basketball season.  Heck, I was at a school yesterday and the kids were all into the indoor track championships apparently going on right now.  Come football time, I'll bet Franklin's focus will be about their 1st opponent, then the 2nd when the 2nd becomes the next opponent and on and on never taking their eye off the state championship in week 14 a full month after you are done in week 10.  And regarding ESPN, AGAIN --- that's a private or non-MD non-public thing.  MD Publics care about being on the state championship telecast and not ESPN.  Stop applying ESPN, rankings, SOS and other private jollies to the different public world.  The algorithms and other mystical stuff of who would theorictically beat whom does not compute with publics.  All for public is settled on turf; not computers nor opinions.

I have not read a single post from a public member hear about their team's likelihood of kicking the @zz of any other team like you privates.  Public just line up and play.  Publics are pretty much neighborhood kids playing other neighbors and rivals in a highly competitive base manner of simply what it's really all about at the high school level.  Some end up with rings to treasure forever and all should have fond memories of the experience and not the armageddon scorched earth disposition of so so so many of your bad@zz privates.

As The DayWalker always say, I like the box of chocolates life of public school football not knowing what you'll get year to year....  :P

Edited by DayWalker

DMV, back in 2012 Westminster beat a very good Martinsburg (WV) team 36-33 at home. Martinsburg went on to win the AAA title in WV. The Owls' QB, Derek Kern, and his receiving corps lit up Martinsburg that day. Kern set a state record for TD passes (63) that season.

I don't know anything about Salesianum other than that Aggie Waible and Poly used to play them every year back in the 80s. Maybe Westminster has a good team on paper next year and they want to get out of their comfort zone and play somebody different.

Edited by TheGuru

Or maybe the GT Prep has the wrong Westminster...  :rolleyes:

If McDeesNuts don't know Westminster's schedule, I doubt the lil hoya does.  What's the Westminster deal EI?

DW, explain how DeMatha is a team of reclassed mercenaries? That's like calling Quince Orchard a team of reclassed mercenaries. It makes no sense.

DW, explain how DeMatha is a team of reclassed mercenaries? That's like calling Quince Orchard a team of reclassed mercenaries. It makes no sense.

Players who would not be in the schools unless they are duly compensated to enroll and play AND the schools will not have them unless they play are mercenaries.

Give me your DjMatha senior numbers who could be finishing up their college freshman or redshirt term and I'll give a re-class number....  :rolleyes:

Simply live in the Quince Orchard area and one can attend QO and not be paid a dime to play....high school amateurs....

Players who would not be in the schools unless they are duly compensated to enroll and play AND the schools will not have them unless they play are mercenaries.

Give me your DjMatha senior numbers who could be finishing up their college freshman or redshirt term and I'll give a re-class number.... :rolleyes:

Simply live in the Quince Orchard area and one can attend QO and not be paid a dime to play....high school amateurs....

..."the schools will not have them unles they play"....?

I just can't believe that you actually believe that. Do you live in some type of fictional high school football movie? What do you think happens if a kid uses football to get into Yale then quits? They evict him from his residential college?

I don't know the numbers because it doesn't matter. I know that all schools in MD have reclassed players. Just because your OCD is raging doesn't mean that level headed people don't understand this...

Quince Orchard's area has nothing to do with them having reclassed players. They were just a random example. I could of used any public school.

I just can't believe that you actually believe that. Do you live in some type of fictional high school football movie? What do you think happens if a kid uses football to get into Yale then quits? They evict him from his residential college?

I don't know the numbers because it doesn't matter. I know that all schools in MD have reclassed players. Just because your OCD is raging doesn't mean that level headed people don't understand this...

Quince Orchard's area has nothing to do with them having reclassed players. They were just a random example. I could of used any public school.

First of all, we are talking about high school and not Yale.  Moreover, Yale does not provide athletic scholarships.  But I would suspect at other schools where scholarships are provided to play and the person decides not the play, then the scholarship is withdrawn and the student will start playing rather than just kicked up.  But don't and a kick would surely come.  Anyway, what do you think are the chances of a reclassified for academic reasons person getting into Yale or why would a Yale potential student reclass for sports before seeking admission to Yale?  Come on Sniper, I know you can better argue your points than this.

Okay, so you don't know the DeMatha reclass numbers but do you know any of your ilk here or at DC Bored Stiffs Sports Fans who would know about reclassification at DeMatha who can set the record straight for us?  Right now we have hell no not at CHC and Loyola.  We have not at Gilman but once in 1989.  We have some hearsay unknown at GT Prep from feeder Mater Dei we will get the lowdown from DMVFoosball.  And we have a shaky account of a 3rd grader drummer in the DeMatha orchestra.  We are making progress.  We will soon have this matter all worked out.

Edited by DayWalker

In my fifteen years of living in Damascus, they have had three players reclass. One was on the 2012, One was on the 2014 team, one was on the 2015 team.

YES YES YES guy, You Were Wrong for trying to figure out why a 8-2 (or 7-3) Westminster team booked Sally!  That's exactly what I have been trying to tell you all the while.

All of your questions, concerns, and comments are simply because you are so ignorant of the public world and you see and assess things through your rose colored lil hoya private world glasses.  First of all, what / where is your source that Westminster of Carroll County booked Sally of DE?  You have yet to reveal that other than You Heard....  Dude, Westminster was NOT some 8-2 or 7-3 team last season but a 6 and 4 well beaten team by other mediocre teams with not enough points to even make the playoffs.  Pull up on Westminster cause you just don't know what you are talking about with a boner cause you beat that 6-4 Westminster team 40-3 in a scrimmage that doesn't count and are not officially scored because it's PRACTICE!!!  Show me ANY link to that scrimmage or any scrimmage other than some guys like us chatting about the PRACTICES!!!  So lets move on from your Westminster scrimmage orgasm Homie.  Some whiny lil b_itch like jbdoormat could get knocked up around here...

Dude, what's this BS about the MPSSAA should have games where points don't matter to make it interesting for everyone!!!  Again, that's looking at publics through your private glasses.  The points scheme is the heart of the public system for the students and not everyone.  Four and five games that don't really count is your private world.  Teams in the WCAC and MIAA can lose all of these no count OOC games and still become league champs.  But all games count in the publics.  You private guys kill me always trying to change things in the vast public world to suit your confined cave.  lil hoya, do your GTPrep a solid and figure out a playoff scheme for yourself rather than your 10-game and done world.

Yes my man, public classification does address student enrollment differences as you say.  But it's done for playoffs and NOT regular season play.  All four classifications can scrimmage and regular season play between each including privates all they want.  But dude, flush flush flush the recruiting that small schools do and why they are so successful.  I very seriously doubt if the back-to-back-to-back-to back 1A state champions in the town of Cumberland do a lot of your privates concept of recruiting.  Fort Hill is just some bad@zz footballers.  Have your GTPreps peeps give Todd Helmich a call for a game...  But I guarantee it would be just another game for Fort Hill as that's par for them where all games are no holds bared serious with states always the main focus.

Dude, and blow it out of your butt that Brooks and Milloy could win any where.  Brooks is winning now because he has the better horses to do so.  When he first took over DeMatha he didn't have the horses and he didn't win.  Milloy was 6-5 last season and 7-5 the season before and something like 7-6 within the league over the last two seasons.  Listen up bud, Wise coach DeLawn Parrish is considered great with perhaps 5 state title game appearances in 11 years the school has been open.  But before Parrish was at Wise where is had horses, he was at DuVal with mules and he got his teeth kicked in.  Milloy wasn't a winner when he coached at Walt Whitman with mules.  Win anywhere talk tells me you really don't know what you are talking about.  But nonetheless, they all are very good historically successful coaches.

You say MD public teams don't care to play DeMatha and you could be right.  But it's not over fear of the bad@zz reclassified mercenaries but because of the pompous obnoxious stick DeMatha has up it's @zz kinda like McDonogh, Good Counsel, oh and GT Prep who haven't established a relationship with the publics like Calvert Hall.  I told you this so why do you keep asking me that same thing...geeezzzz.  Gilman and DeMatha don't play anymore due to a strained relationship and I suspect the same now between DeMatha and SFA.  And dude, please please please don't raise the matter of Landon playing High Point.  HP is a team that has probably won only 5 games in the last 10 years.  It's a large 4A school where English could be the second language and so many of the kids there would better kick the football around the field than run or throw it.  Come on GT, High Point!!!  You really think 40-0 and 42-6 were "interesting well attended" games OR is this more trying to blow smoke up every ones' rear around here.  4A HP can barely suit 35 kids and the team has greater numbers than folks in the stands.  Come on dude....  I have a very good friend who coach at Landon with his two boys.  He use to coach at PG Forestville before it closed.  He damn sure knew who in PG to book for Landon much like you all know to book Anacostia.

Again you talk about lining up private and public for "benchmarks."  That is NOT NOT NOT the public game.  Public don't play for such single ego games but for the state championship.  All the DeMatha talk now is its game next season against like mercenary Gorman, don't know about reclassified like DeMatha.  You all talk some about Franklin "stepping up and testing itself" to play DeMatha.  Franklin like all publics ain't talking about jack cause it's basketball season.  Heck, I was at a school yesterday and the kids were all into the indoor track championships apparently going on right now.  Come football time, I'll bet Franklin's focus will be about their 1st opponent, then the 2nd when the 2nd becomes the next opponent and on and on never taking their eye off the state championship in week 14 a full month after you are done in week 10.  And regarding ESPN, AGAIN --- that's a private or non-MD non-public thing.  MD Publics care about being on the state championship telecast and not ESPN.  Stop applying ESPN, rankings, SOS and other private jollies to the different public world.  The algorithms and other mystical stuff of who would theorictically beat whom does not compute with publics.  All for public is settled on turf; not computers nor opinions.

I have not read a single post from a public member hear about their team's likelihood of kicking the @zz of any other team like you privates.  Public just line up and play.  Publics are pretty much neighborhood kids playing other neighbors and rivals in a highly competitive base manner of simply what it's really all about at the high school level.  Some end up with rings to treasure forever and all should have fond memories of the experience and not the armageddon scorched earth disposition of so so so many of your bad@zz privates.

As The DayWalker always say, I like the box of chocolates life of public school football not knowing what you'll get year to year....  :P

Spoken like a true safe-zone warrior with a drawer full of participation ribbons from field day.  Congratulations.  Mom and dad must be so proud.  It's funny how when I bring up the fact that novel games between crappy teams are interesting, you want to focus on how bad the teams are.  And that nobody at a private is a neighborhood kid to start.  Which is just stupid talk. When I discuss how most publics would get whacked by the big privates, you claim "recruiting advantages".  I don't argue that at all.  All I say is that if they focused on better football, maybe they wouldn't lose the resident talent.  That is just life.  Then I bring up average privates that don't recruit in head to head competition with publics (and in some cases lack thereof) and you have a problem with that by going off on a rant about some team who has not been put forth as anybody's bad@zz.  Milloy has in fact won championships everywhere.  Oh, you want to focus on what one year at Whitman JV like 50 years ago?  OK.  Brooks is clearly getting started.  Man, you sure got me there.   Brand new school at Wise and a decent coach poaches kids from all over the County and DMV - and we hear crickets about that from you.  Sure, a kid interested in football wants to be on Fios local channel #5042 with two announcers who's faces are covered with buffalo wing sauce in lieu of ESPN and a national audience - including recruiters who might be able to help them get to the next level.  Yeah, I mean, everyone believes that.   Football is not field day.  It's a game of challenges and overcoming adversity.  It's not limited to arranged play dates with the crappy kid next door.  If you played the game, maybe you would understand that.  In other sports - wrestling, track & field, hockey, basketball, swimming, etc. - the publics do play the privates in regular seasons games, meets and tournaments.  But football is the big taboo.  I guess public school football people lack the desire to actually compete is what you are really trying to say.  Wow.  Let me know how that goes down in the Franklin locker room.  I forgot, that's just another game on the schedule so you will not be there.    

Puck this for right now DMV, we need your commentary on the supposed reclassified athletes you have at GT Prep.  What do you know about this?

Spoken like a true safe-zone warrior with a drawer full of participation ribbons from field day.  Congratulations.  Mom and dad must be so proud.  It's funny how when I bring up the fact that novel games between crappy teams are interesting, you want to focus on how bad the teams are.  And that nobody at a private is a neighborhood kid to start.  Which is just stupid talk. When I discuss how most publics would get whacked by the big privates, you claim "recruiting advantages".  I don't argue that at all.  All I say is that if they focused on better football, maybe they wouldn't lose the resident talent.  That is just life.  Then I bring up average privates that don't recruit in head to head competition with publics (and in some cases lack thereof) and you have a problem with that by going off on a rant about some team who has not been put forth as anybody's bad@zz.  Milloy has in fact won championships everywhere.  Oh, you want to focus on what one year at Whitman JV like 50 years ago?  OK.  Brooks is clearly getting started.  Man, you sure got me there.   Brand new school at Wise and a decent coach poaches kids from all over the County and DMV - and we hear crickets about that from you.  Sure, a kid interested in football wants to be on Fios local channel #5042 with two announcers who's faces are covered with buffalo wing sauce in lieu of ESPN and a national audience - including recruiters who might be able to help them get to the next level.  Yeah, I mean, everyone believes that.   Football is not field day.  It's a game of challenges and overcoming adversity.  It's not limited to arranged play dates with the crappy kid next door.  If you played the game, maybe you would understand that.  In other sports - wrestling, track & field, hockey, basketball, swimming, etc. - the publics do play the privates in regular seasons games, meets and tournaments.  But football is the big taboo.  I guess public school football people lack the desire to actually compete is what you are really trying to say.  Wow.  Let me know how that goes down in the Franklin locker room.  I forgot, that's just another game on the schedule so you will not be there.    

DMVFoosball

40-0 and 40-6 novel games between "crappy teams" as you state that were well-attended I know better not you found interesting speak volumes about you.  That sounds like you'll settle for just about anything and thus I now understand your affection for GTPrep 10-game football.  Do you hoya, just do you!  But a neighborhood school is a school where all or most kids come from the surrounding community and not a school where just few do.  So no, privates are not neighborhood schools, especially boarding schools like lil hoya.

I never claimed so-called "recruiting advantage" since you said "most publics would get whacked by the big privates".  Hell, that's probably true just as most privates would get whacked by the big publics, whomever they are in any given year.  What I object to is your lot making such bold blanket beat down claims of what you can do unchallenged to publics.

Fellow, publics don't lose what you call "resident talent" to privates over better football.  Kids simply make their choices after the 8th grade before they enter high school.  You don't lose what you don't have or wasn't yours.

Again you just don't know what you are talking about to say Milloy won "everywhere" and that he won championship everywhere.  He started off head coaching at Whitman in the early 1970s and was there for only 4-years before he saw the handwriting on the wall and his future there winning just a couple games before he hauled @zz to Springbrook for 20-years.

Regard Wise and Coach Parrish "poaching players from all over the county and DMV", let me tell you this sport.  I know darn near every coach in PG county and many ADs, and the county super of athletics.  They would drop a dime on Wise before quick could get ready if something illegal were going on.  Hell, I would.  So can your hatin' bull there bro...

And again YES YES YES, any public kid would rather be on TV in the state championship game than a regular season game on ESPN,  Yes Yes Yes they all would.  How many ESPN high school games do you think players like Tavon Austin, Mike Campanaro, NaVorro Bowman, Shawne Merriman, Chuck Foreman, Joe Haden, Doug Flutie, Steve Trimble, Darnell Dockett, and so many others appeared in.  That ESPN crap is not required for college or even better recruitment.  If one can play one will be noticed.

And for the last time, privates can play public regular season games.  It's done all the time fellow.  Why are you being so pig headed that its a "big taboo". , Recall even you played B-CC and Whitman, oh, and Anacostia twice!  :P

Edited by DayWalker

First of all, we are talking about high school and not Yale.  Moreover, Yale does not provide athletic scholarships.  But I would suspect at other schools where scholarships are provided to play and the person decides not the play, then the scholarship is withdrawn and the student will start playing rather than just kicked up.  But don't and a kick would surely come.  Anyway, what do you think are the chances of a reclassified for academic reasons person getting into Yale or why would a Yale potential student reclass for sports before seeking admission to Yale?  Come on Sniper, I know you can better argue your points than this.

Okay, so you don't know the DeMatha reclass numbers but do you know any of your ilk here or at DC Bored Stiffs Sports Fans who would know about reclassification at DeMatha who can set the record straight for us?  Right now we have hell no not at CHC and Loyola.  We have not at Gilman but once in 1989.  We have some hearsay unknown at GT Prep from feeder Mater Dei we will get the lowdown from DMVFoosball.  And we have a shaky account of a 3rd grader drummer in the DeMatha orchestra.  We are making progress.  We will soon have this matter all worked out.

...and DeMatha does not provide athletic scholarships, but they do give out need based aid just like Yale. Football is the tool that gets you in to the school. The tuition assistance is not dependent on your athletic participation. You should of been able to do that math by yourself.

To answer your question about the chances of a reclass getting into Yale, they are higher. If you know your kid is probably not getting into an Ivy League school, but that is your goal, you reclass him to make sure that his athletic ability assists in his admissions process. I know that you think highly of me, so in your nonsense reply rant just remember that I am the messenger of that phenomenon.

Again, this is stuff that most people know. You are obsessing over minutiae because you are clueless. Not surprising since this is where most of your google based attacks end.

DMVFoosball

40-0 and 40-6 novel games between "crappy teams" as you state that were well-attended I know better not you found interesting speak volumes about you.  That sounds like you'll settle for just about anything and thus I now understand your affection for GTPrep 10-game football.  Do you hoya, just do you!  But a neighborhood school is a school where all or most kids come from the surrounding community and not a school where just few do.  So no, privates are not neighborhood schools, especially boarding schools like lil hoya.

I never claimed so-called "recruiting advantage" since you said "most publics would get whacked by the big privates".  Hell, that's probably true just as most privates would get whacked by the big publics, whomever they are in any given year.  What I object to is your lot making such bold blanket beat down claims of what you can do unchallenged to publics.

Fellow, publics don't lose what you call "resident talent" to privates over better football.  Kids simply make their choices after the 8th grade before they enter high school.  You don't lose what you don't have or wasn't yours.

Again you just don't know what you are talking about to say Milloy won "everywhere" and that he won championship everywhere.  He started off head coaching at Whitman in the early 1970s and was there for only 4-years before he saw the handwriting on the wall and his future there winning just a couple games before he hauled @zz to Springbrook for 20-years.

Regard Wise and Coach Parrish "poaching players from all over the county and DMV", let me tell you this sport.  I know darn near every coach in PG county and many ADs, and the county super of athletics.  They would drop a dime on Wise before quick could get ready if something illegal were going on.  Hell, I would.  So can your hatin' bull there bro...

And again YES YES YES, any public kid would rather be on TV in the state championship game than a regular season game on ESPN,  Yes Yes Yes they all would.  How many ESPN high school games do you think players like Tavon Austin, Mike Campanaro, NaVorro Bowman, Shawne Merriman, Chuck Foreman, Joe Haden, Doug Flutie, Steve Trimble, Darnell Dockett, and so many others appeared in.  That ESPN crap is not required for college or even better recruitment.  If one can play one will be noticed.

And for the last time, privates can play public regular season games.  It's done all the time fellow.  Why are you being so pig headed that its a "big taboo". , Recall even you played B-CC and Whitman, oh, and Anacostia twice!  :P

Baltimore Sun Reader Alert...the meds have worn off of DW again.  Why don't you tell us where the monster Wise DE came from ?  Let me help, he wasn't a walk on from chemistry class.  He was at Springbrook   http://www.hudl.com/video/3/7423073/5721e2929a91677e74b60f1f for his junior year.  That's just the first guy I can find.  Que the ...."he moved to PG county because his dads mothers sister got a job there" tape.  Just stop it before you start.  Hint: This is where you tell us that you know him personally.

Regardless, you are such a blatant hypocrite.  It's not about the game with you.  Until it's about the game. Whatever fits the side of the spectrum you are on at the time.  That's your position.  Prep has guys from outside the neighborhood alright.  Guess what - with the exception of probably about 10 kids, they are from China, Korea, Taiwan, Ireland, etc.  No pulling guards there.

DW quote:  Fellow, publics don't lose what you call "resident talent" to privates over better football.  Kids simply make their choices after the 8th grade before they enter high school.  You don't lose what you don't have or wasn't yours.

That might be the stupidest thing a human ever wrote.  Oh yeah, you aren't human - you are some kind of vampire.  So perhaps that explains it.  "Simply?"  ROTGLMFAO...They are offered a spot at a school that eliminates many of the distractions and introduces them to something they otherwise would not experience.  Parents get that.  Sometimes they seek the school because they know they have something in their child that the school might value.  Sometimes the school seeks them out and they listen.  Regardless, they get access to something they deem a better opportunity overall because they can carry the rock.  Don't act stupid. The aid is (supposed to be) need based and the kid has to do the work - a higher workload than the publics at even an average academic pace.  The idea is to get them prepared for college.  The ones who throw money at kids that can otherwise afford it is a different topic.  I assure you that kid doesn't go to Prep.  Those offers are out there.  Those are the schools the best publics and even the pretty good privates cannot run with.  

It's not about the one off big time player there Ace.  They might get found now days with the internet, Hudl, twitter, etc. regardless of where they play.  But I assure you any recruiter will tell you that they also factor in the competition the kid plays against.  Really, it's about all of the others kids who are - or will be quality football players.  And hopefully good students and young men in the process.  There are tons of great football players sitting in seats who cant even fog the glass academically.  They'll go nowhere and load trucks in June.  Good football can be the motivating tool that turns these guys into good men, regardless of whether or not they get their MPSSA ribbon.  Good academics for the kid who needs the structure he cannot get at home will only increase his odds in life when the ACL blows out or he fails to get to a certain speed or size.  Be mad - or jealous - at that kid all you want.  Who's the hater now?

But basically, you are making crap up again.  Most all of the guys you mentioned above played in post high school all-star games that were televised on TV.  They matched up against other high caliber talent because that is what a competitor does.  Those are not participation trophy guys - despite the fact that they apparently played in a participation trophy league if we are to believe you.  Maybe they didn't want to - or couldn't - do the work to stay at a private even for free. Most - but not all - are more challenging academically.  Maybe they also decided it would be easier to standout playing against a bunch of your ribbon boys.  Regardless, there are some top guys in the publics right now who had to "find a new place to further their academic career" after their freshman year at a private.  And it had nothing to do with playing time.  Maybe they get a D1 offer despite a lackluster report card.  Maybe they have only D2 or JUCO to choose from because of less than stellar academics. Either way they are going to college - so that is good.

You claim privates recruit and therefore it's not a fair comparison  - because apparently the MPSSA is now run like a rec league by the saints of good intention from the CYO.  But at the same time you can't admit they would get stomped by a team of superior "recruits" with suspect motives.

The publics and privates don't "play all of the time".  Thus the basis for half of this back and forth.  I think they should play more.  We don't have to agree on the reasons why.  But you cant seem go there either.  You start back up with the inferiority complex and moral authority of roster construction with little Joey from down the street.  Pick a side of the argument and stay there dude.  I swear you are like a woman hanging artwork in an earthquake.  Your walls are crumbling around you and you cant figure out how to hang anything level.  It's a mess.   Prep hasn't played BCC, they scrimmaged Whitman a couple of times (because it is a neighborhood opportunity) and they did play Anacostia (just like Gilman) with whom they have absolutely nothing in common.  But, hey, they still have their DCIAA "Champ" Ribbon from 1995 - so that probably makes them a dynasty in your books.  Simply because that makes absolutely no sense and would fit your narrative.

Finally, Milloy graduated from St. Johns, coached at DM on the JV, then Whitman and then Springbrook where he won 6 out of 8 State championships and then to Sherwood where he won 2 out of 3.  So he's 8-3 in Maryland state championship games at the big boy classification level.  He won 4 straight WCAC championships at GC - the only other team besides DeMatha in the last 20 to win what is regarded as one of the top conferences in the country.  He beat DeMatha each time in the process - but also lost to them several times.  In short, he is the only coach who has consistently beaten or played DeMatha down to the wire.  If Parish were lucky, Milloy might let him coach special teams, or perhaps the freshman team.   I wrote that just to make your head explode.

The simple fact of all of this is that if you played better schedules - or more interesting ones - you would have more excitement.  You would keep kids from transferring out of places like Springbrook, Einstein and Northwood to go someplace where they can play and get a shot at going to college.  In the process, their leaving takes those schools down even further.  An 8th grader wants to be around a winner...or at least a program led by someone who is trying to win.  A kid with the luxury of options takes them out of self interest.  When you can bring yourself to admit this, you will understand everything else.

...and DeMatha does not provide athletic scholarships, but they do give out need based aid just like Yale. Football is the tool that gets you in to the school. The tuition assistance is not dependent on your athletic participation. You should of been able to do that math by yourself.

To answer your question about the chances of a reclass getting into Yale, they are higher. If you know your kid is probably not getting into an Ivy League school, but that is your goal, you reclass him to make sure that his athletic ability assists in his admissions process. I know that you think highly of me, so in your nonsense reply rant just remember that I am the messenger of that phenomenon.

Again, this is stuff that most people know. You are obsessing over minutiae because you are clueless. Not surprising since this is where most of your google based attacks end.

Sniper

I said lets not equate DeMatha to Yale so allow me to bring your statement more in proper perspective:

...and DeMatha does not provide athletic scholarships, but they do give out need based aid just like Gilman until the headmaster clamped down last year.....

I am very familiar with the line.  You could have cut 'n pasted it right from Greyhound Alum rather than doing your own.  And when Gilman halted the football athletic scholarships need based aid, the mercenaries did what any working person would do if they are not paid; they sought to get paid elsewhere at SFA, SJC, IMG, and even DM.  Like I mentioned just recently about a private coach's take on "need based aid" when he posted an lol and stated it aids the football program to get what they need.

This is the stuff most people know.

Baltimore Sun Reader Alert...the meds have worn off of DW again.  Why don't you tell us where the monster Wise DE came from ?  Let me help, he wasn't a walk on from chemistry class.  He was at Springbrook   http://www.hudl.com/video/3/7423073/5721e2929a91677e74b60f1f for his junior year.  That's just the first guy I can find.  Que the ...."he moved to PG county because his dads mothers sister got a job there" tape.  Just stop it before you start.  Hint: This is where you tell us that you know him personally.

Regardless, you are such a blatant hypocrite.  It's not about the game with you.  Until it's about the game. Whatever fits the side of the spectrum you are on at the time.  That's your position.  Prep has guys from outside the neighborhood alright.  Guess what - with the exception of probably about 10 kids, they are from China, Korea, Taiwan, Ireland, etc.  No pulling guards there.

DW quote:  Fellow, publics don't lose what you call "resident talent" to privates over better football.  Kids simply make their choices after the 8th grade before they enter high school.  You don't lose what you don't have or wasn't yours.

That might be the stupidest thing a human ever wrote.  Oh yeah, you aren't human - you are some kind of vampire.  So perhaps that explains it.  "Simply?"  ROTGLMFAO...They are offered a spot at a school that eliminates many of the distractions and introduces them to something they otherwise would not experience.  Parents get that.  Sometimes they seek the school because they know they have something in their child that the school might value.  Sometimes the school seeks them out and they listen.  Regardless, they get access to something they deem a better opportunity overall because they can carry the rock.  Don't act stupid. The aid is (supposed to be) need based and the kid has to do the work - a higher workload than the publics at even an average academic pace.  The idea is to get them prepared for college.  The ones who throw money at kids that can otherwise afford it is a different topic.  I assure you that kid doesn't go to Prep.  Those offers are out there.  Those are the schools the best publics and even the pretty good privates cannot run with.  

It's not about the one off big time player there Ace.  They might get found now days with the internet, Hudl, twitter, etc. regardless of where they play.  But I assure you any recruiter will tell you that they also factor in the competition the kid plays against.  Really, it's about all of the others kids who are - or will be quality football players.  And hopefully good students and young men in the process.  There are tons of great football players sitting in seats who cant even fog the glass academically.  They'll go nowhere and load trucks in June.  Good football can be the motivating tool that turns these guys into good men, regardless of whether or not they get their MPSSA ribbon.  Good academics for the kid who needs the structure he cannot get at home will only increase his odds in life when the ACL blows out or he fails to get to a certain speed or size.  Be mad - or jealous - at that kid all you want.  Who's the hater now?

But basically, you are making crap up again.  Most all of the guys you mentioned above played in post high school all-star games that were televised on TV.  They matched up against other high caliber talent because that is what a competitor does.  Those are not participation trophy guys - despite the fact that they apparently played in a participation trophy league if we are to believe you.  Maybe they didn't want to - or couldn't - do the work to stay at a private even for free. Most - but not all - are more challenging academically.  Maybe they also decided it would be easier to standout playing against a bunch of your ribbon boys.  Regardless, there are some top guys in the publics right now who had to "find a new place to further their academic career" after their freshman year at a private.  And it had nothing to do with playing time.  Maybe they get a D1 offer despite a lackluster report card.  Maybe they have only D2 or JUCO to choose from because of less than stellar academics. Either way they are going to college - so that is good.

You claim privates recruit and therefore it's not a fair comparison  - because apparently the MPSSA is now run like a rec league by the saints of good intention from the CYO.  But at the same time you can't admit they would get stomped by a team of superior "recruits" with suspect motives.

The publics and privates don't "play all of the time".  Thus the basis for half of this back and forth.  I think they should play more.  We don't have to agree on the reasons why.  But you cant seem go there either.  You start back up with the inferiority complex and moral authority of roster construction with little Joey from down the street.  Pick a side of the argument and stay there dude.  I swear you are like a woman hanging artwork in an earthquake.  Your walls are crumbling around you and you cant figure out how to hang anything level.  It's a mess.   Prep hasn't played BCC, they scrimmaged Whitman a couple of times (because it is a neighborhood opportunity) and they did play Anacostia (just like Gilman) with whom they have absolutely nothing in common.  But, hey, they still have their DCIAA "Champ" Ribbon from 1995 - so that probably makes them a dynasty in your books.  Simply because that makes absolutely no sense and would fit your narrative.

Finally, Milloy graduated from St. Johns, coached at DM on the JV, then Whitman and then Springbrook where he won 6 out of 8 State championships and then to Sherwood where he won 2 out of 3.  So he's 8-3 in Maryland state championship games at the big boy classification level.  He won 4 straight WCAC championships at GC - the only other team besides DeMatha in the last 20 to win what is regarded as one of the top conferences in the country.  He beat DeMatha each time in the process - but also lost to them several times.  In short, he is the only coach who has consistently beaten or played DeMatha down to the wire.  If Parish were lucky, Milloy might let him coach special teams, or perhaps the freshman team.   I wrote that just to make your head explode.

The simple fact of all of this is that if you played better schedules - or more interesting ones - you would have more excitement.  You would keep kids from transferring out of places like Springbrook, Einstein and Northwood to go someplace where they can play and get a shot at going to college.  In the process, their leaving takes those schools down even further.  An 8th grader wants to be around a winner...or at least a program led by someone who is trying to win.  A kid with the luxury of options takes them out of self interest.  When you can bring yourself to admit this, you will understand everything else.

:D You must be new.  Ukwu at Wise is no Baltimore Sun News Alert.  You actually expended time researching this!!!  :lol:

Psst, transfers happen all to time.  Let me save you some research time just off the top of my head:

Alijah Atkins from Urbana to Damascus

Deon Jones from Arch Carroll to Potomac

Isiah Coulter from Wilde Lake to Gwynn Park

Jyree Smiley from Laurel to Surrattsville

Calvin Hickerson from O'Connell to Wise

Jovon Morton from Gwynn Park to Surrattsville

Mark Woods from McNamara to DouglassPG

Milloy departed Whitman with a losing record his 4-years there.  Regarding your GTPreps players from China, Korea, Tawin, and Ireland, this is what I mean about a non-neighborhood school.  They would be out of boundary for probably all publics and what a heck of a daily commute.

This rest of your diatribe i didn't bother to read.  :D

Now tell me about the reclassified flock you have at GT Prep.

Edited by DayWalker

:D You must be new.  Ukwu at Wise is no Baltimore Sun News Alert.  You actually expended time researching this!!!  :lol:

Psst, transfers happen all to time.  Let me save you some research time just off the top of my head:

Alijah Atkins from Urbana to Damascus

Deon Jones from Arch Carroll to Potomac

Isiah Coulter from Wilde Lake to Gwynn Park

Jyree Smiley from Laurel to Surrattsville

Calvin Hickerson from O'Connell to Wise

Jovon Morton from Gwynn Park to Surrattsville

Mark Woods from McNamara to DouglassPG

Milloy departed Whitman with a losing record his 4-years there.  Regarding your GTPreps players from China, Korea, Tawin, and Ireland, this is what I mean about a non-neighborhood school.  They wold be out of boundary for probably all publics and what a heck of a daily commute.

This rest of your diatribe i didn't bother to read.  :D

Now tell me about the reclassified flock you have at GT Prep.

You didn't bother to read it because you don't want to be bothered by facts.  Are you sure you don't work for Trump?

Now transfers for football is ok?  I mean, who would do that when they are thinking so much about indoor track?  I mean, the Springbrook jurisdiction is so close to Wise I am sure this is just a border adjustment...The Blue Devils have one legit kid and he just happens to move to Wise - the hot PG school?  C'mon man.

Whatever it is that you cannot comprehend, those kids I mentioned don't play sports.  They come for the academic rigor.  That's right, they come from across the globe to attend the same school as one of the local kids from the ADW feeder schools who also play sports like....wait for it...football.

The re-class kids they do have are mostly lacrosse kids that came out of one local school.  In fact, I am not aware of any football player that is a re-class.  There is no greater occurrence of that than at any other school.  The lacrosse kids that are held back generally do so at 6th grade because the school is pretty damn hard.  That's not on my agenda.  Have you looked at the kids that come through the top youth leagues like GYFL.  A lot of those kids tend to  re-class and go to St. Johns, Gilman, DeMatha, Gonzaga and probably some of the PG publics (go ask Mike Anderson).  And since Prep doesn't recruit for football, we don't generally get a lot of GYFL kids.  We have one in 2018 and he isn't a re-class.  And he is a full paying kid from the local area who has never attended a public school in his life.  Most that do seem to come through Maplewood - they go to SJC, QO, GZ and a few others here and there.  Not my argument and not my preference.  But my kid would certainly have benefited from another year in the incubator had I chosen to do it.

I simply have no idea what you are trying to accomplish with stalking Milloy's record.  If you think 4 years at Whitman 45 years ago somehow disqualifies him from being one the the top coaches in the country.  Ok, you go with that.

You didn't bother to read it because you don't want to be bothered by facts. 

Look up Daniel Webster's definition of a FACT and an OPINION.

Repeatedly posting that Millory, a great great great coach, Having Won Championships EVERYWHERE Is NOT A Fact dude.  He did not win a championship during his first tenure at Whitman.  That is no put down dude but a FACT you damn fool.

I blew off the rest of your roper room rant.  Now thanks for the GT Prep re-class info.  You affirm pretty much what the DC Sniper ratted and snitched you out about.  I commend you Chevy Chase.  You were on point about the lil hoyas..  You damn sure know the re-class stuff.  We just need you to fess up about your own although you publicly want the Sgt Shultz us here.  I'm done with whacky DMVFoosball.

Edited by DayWalker

Sniper

I said lets not equate DeMatha to Yale so allow me to bring your statement more in proper perspective:

...and DeMatha does not provide athletic scholarships, but they do give out need based aid just like Gilman until the headmaster clamped down last year.....

I am very familiar with the line.  You could have cut 'n pasted it right from Greyhound Alum rather than doing your own.  And when Gilman halted the football athletic scholarships need based aid, the mercenaries did what any working person would do if they are not paid; they sought to get paid elsewhere at SFA, SJC, IMG, and even DM.  Like I mentioned just recently about a private coach's take on "need based aid" when he posted an lol and stated it aids the football program to get what they need.

This is the stuff most people know.

So your strategy now is to ask someone not to equate something because it doesn't fit your agenda? Ha.  

Look up Daniel Webster's definition of a FACT and an OPINION.

Repeatedly posting that Millory, a great great great coach, Having Won Championships EVERYWHERE Is NOT A Fact dude.  He did not win a championship during his first tenure at Whitman.  That is no put down dude but a FACT you damn fool.

I blew off the rest of your roper room rant.  Now thanks for the GT Prep re-class info.  You affirm pretty much what the DC Sniper ratted and snitched you out about.  I commend you Chevy Chase.  You were on point about the lil hoyas..  You damn sure know the re-class stuff.  We just need you to fess up about your own although you publicly want the Sgt Shultz us here.  I'm done with whacky DMVFoosball.

The universal outline for waiving the white forum flag -

1.) State a trivial, almost irrelevant, detail like you've exploded everyone's brain.

2.) State that you stopped reading the opponents post halfway, even though everyone understands that your OCD makes that impossible.

3.) State that you're "done".

Perfectly executed, DW.

So your strategy now is to ask someone not to equate something because it doesn't fit your agenda? Ha.  

No CC, I'm saying DeMatha that some of your lot now call DeMatha University is no Yale.  So I merely put your take "on a level field" with Gilman as I always advocate.  Understand????  :rolleyes:

We've debated the Gilman "...we don't do athletic scholarships but need based aid..." that mirrors you statement I said you should have just cut 'n pasted from your boy GA.  So now that most of the big scholarship athletes have departed Gilman for other gigs and the Gilman headmaster has put the Gilman football program back within the school's mission, maybe need based aid to students is what's going on now at The G, although I do keep it in the back of my mind that GA proclaimed his forces are engaged in talks to return Gilman to its days of dominance and the checks to do so are a done deal.

But The DayWalker's agenda????  What agenda other than to just set the record straight around here and to keep your privates in check....  :P

The universal outline for waiving the white forum flag -

1.) State a trivial, almost irrelevant, detail like you've exploded everyone's brain.

2.) State that you stopped reading the opponents post halfway, even though everyone understands that your OCD makes that impossible.

3.) State that you're "done".

Perfectly executed, DW.

Exposed the Westminster inquirer as just another private whack seeking Validation.  And a bonus confirmation that you know about re-classification even though you want to Shultz us about DeMatha University.

You know, this reclass stuff reminds me of chatter I once read when Shane Simmons was coming out of middle school destined to high school.  Coach Brooks essentially commented that Simmons in youth ball was a man amongst boys and that he played with / against kid grade(s) ahead of him.  Sniper, Brooks was probably on point with his benign observations and comments.  Now was Simmons a re-classed old @zz man who played at DeMatha U with other re-classed old @zz men or did he just lift weights with his face as my wife commented...  :P

Sorry, I got off track.  What were you saying about DMVFoosball?  :rolleyes:

No CC, I'm saying DeMatha that some of your lot now call DeMatha University is no Yale. So I merely put your take "on a level field" with Gilman as I always advocate. Understand???? :rolleyes:

We've debated the Gilman "...we don't do athletic scholarships but need based aid..." that mirrors you statement I said you should have just cut 'n pasted from your boy GA. So now that most of the big scholarship athletes have departed Gilman for other gigs and the Gilman headmaster has put the Gilman football program back within the school's mission, maybe need based aid to students is what's going on now at The G, although I do keep it in the back of my mind that GA proclaimed his forces are engaged in talks to return Gilman to its days of dominance and the checks to do so are a done deal.

But The DayWalker's agenda???? What agenda other than to just set the record straight around here and to keep your privates in check.... :P

Your agenda is to agitate. Your battle plan is to filibuster with unimportant details.

Your wife had a pretty good joke with the face weighlifting. That's the only positive that was contributed to this debate from the DayWalker handle.

I mean, the Springbrook jurisdiction is so close to Wise I am sure this is just a border adjustment...The Blue Devils have one legit kid and he just happens to move to Wise - the hot PG school?  C'mon man.

Ukwu was a legit move.  I spoke w/ his pops and Coach Lomax before he even enrolled at Wise.  They both stated the family was moving to Upper Marlboro and he would not be at Springbrook in 2017.

And the Blue Devils actually had 2 other legit kids besides Ukwu.  Loic Nya signed with Wake Forest and Tyler Beckwith signed with Independence CC, KS.

Edited by nomad974