Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eaglesinsider

2017 MD HS Football Schedules

352 posts in this topic

...and DeMatha does not provide athletic scholarships, but they do give out need based aid just like Yale. Football is the tool that gets you in to the school. The tuition assistance is not dependent on your athletic participation. You should of been able to do that math by yourself.

To answer your question about the chances of a reclass getting into Yale, they are higher. If you know your kid is probably not getting into an Ivy League school, but that is your goal, you reclass him to make sure that his athletic ability assists in his admissions process. I know that you think highly of me, so in your nonsense reply rant just remember that I am the messenger of that phenomenon.

Again, this is stuff that most people know. You are obsessing over minutiae because you are clueless. Not surprising since this is where most of your google based attacks end.

DeMatha the school doesn't but they have a fund just like someother schools that provide athletic scholarships.  

Ukwu was a legit move.  I spoke w/ his pops and Coach Lomax before he even enrolled at Wise.  They both stated the family was moving to Upper Marlboro and he would not be at Springbrook in 2017.

And the Blue Devils actually had 2 other legit kids besides Ukwu.  Loic Nya signed with Wake Forest and Tyler Beckwith signed with Independence CC, KS.

Ukwu played well for Wise but lets face it, Wise were going to win 4A states with or without Ukwu.  I was privvy to Star Chamber like talks with other coaches on how to take down Wise (on the field) and it always ended with no one had the Clydesdales to pull the state trophy away from Wise.  The same was said for Fort Hill in 1A and it was Franklin with the best shot of all to take out the 3A favorite Damascus.

But back on point, transfers happen all the time and with the PG bunch I know who want to take out Wise anyway they can, if Wise had done anything wrong, it would have been a shot heard around the world.  I think I mentioned before that I was at the last PG vs SMAC All-Star and Gwynn Park had a WR rep who balling his butt off.  At the end of the game I walked onto the field and approached the kid when he took off his helmet and damn he was a dead ringer for Isiah Coulter of Wilde Lake.  And hell, he was Isiah Coulter who was "a long way" from Wilde Lake.  PG is a densely populated nomadic county so transfers are very common.

What's crazy is when private transfers happen right before the start of public school when those private folks realize their kids aren't starting or playing much at the private schools.  Coaches tell me they really have to be extra cautious of these families who will try to drop their kids in any successful program and they will lie, falsify enrollment documents, or anything leaving teams out on a limb if these matters are later disclosed.

Anyway, again I digress.  DMVFoosball is a simple GTPrep whacko.

Edited by DayWalker

Your agenda is to agitate. Your battle plan is to filibuster with unimportant details.

Your wife had a pretty good joke with the face weighlifting. That's the only positive that was contributed to this debate from the DayWalker handle.

The DayWalker just seeks the truth in a den of liars, slant artists, and self-serving manipulators.  And that's only those at DeMatha U.  At this point I only want the numbers of re-classed athletes soon to graduate and those to return.  Oh, and those on athletic scholarship.  And right now we only have a 3rd-grade dummer reclass and a bunch at GTPrep with one who should have been incubated.

Edited by DayWalker

The DayWalker just seeks the truth in a den of liars, slant artists, and self-serving manipulators.  And that's only those at DeMatha U.  At this point I only want the numbers of re-classed athletes soon to graduate and those to return.  Oh, and those on athletic scholarship.  And right now we only have a 3rd-grade dummer reclass and a bunch at GTPrep with one who should have been incubated.

The good thing with the internet is that is gives a voice to those who otherwise would not be heard. It's an efficient medium for the free exchange of information and thought.   Nonetheless, it remains just one voice and one opinion of the poster.  Shouting louder and posting more frequently doesn't confer greater influence or authority on any subject matter.  The problem arises, when that person is hysterical, myopic, bi-polar and has multiple voices within their own head to go with a self assigned alter-ego.   I believe that I have made my points here - and none of them are as you have tried to re-spin them in your effort of a mere question into an agenda.  Have a nice day.

Edited by DMVFootball

Later DMVFoosball.  Class dismissed  :P

Speaking of schedules, it appears that Fort Hill has a common open date with Mount St. Joe's. Would like to see them back on each other's schedules. Fort Hill has asked MSJ for the game, according to MDHigh post, no response that I'm aware of.

Anyone have any ears to bend within the Gaels organization to see if they would take it?

...Fort Hill has asked MSJ for the game, ...., no response that I'm aware of.

Say it ain't so.....  :P

I'm hearing that Dunbar is potentially taking a trip down to play at IMG Academy in Week 5.

Anyone else hear this?

I'm hearing that Dunbar is potentially taking a trip down to play at IMG Academy in Week 5.

Anyone else hear this?

To hell with this.  Fort Hill seems to be calling out MSJ with no response.  What's up with this schedule guy?  You always step in to insure some games are booked.  You are a bush league guy.  Get on MSJ to commit to the away and home with the brokeback mountain boyz....  :P

Edited by DayWalker

MSJ has two dates open to fill one game...Sep 15 and Oct 13. Mid-September is their first choice for alumni reunion deal. FH only open for Oct. 13 . And MSJ must have a home game, which was fine for Cumberland but that has changed now. FH looking at teams in Canada at this point. Brutal.

IMG and Poets a go!

Not sure which IMG team this is however as I believe they field two separate teams on different levels.

......that has changed now. FH looking at teams in Canada at this point. Brutal.

Hell NO!  I was about to gas up my car for a Fort Hill  vs MSJ game.  Damn I wanted to see the rabid Cumberland Clan Clock MSJ....  :o

FH only has 4 home games at this point. I think MSJ has only 3 maybe 4. But if MSJ wants to travel in 2017 and get a return in 2018 FH is open. If you know anyone else looking for Oct. 13 send them this way please :)

Can pay for travel or return game the next season.

Todd

If Saint Mary's Ryken dropped out of football WCAC, maybe they will have a good match date for a Fort Hill @zz whippin'....

Ews

Week 2- caravel Academy

Week 4- John Carroll

Is Caravel still a power in DE? If I remember they got some of the ECA kids I think.

What's up with John Carroll? They go from undefeated world beaters to a one win team that almost didn't field a JV team last year.

I think most of the ECA kids were seniors. The JC thing is Kurt Rawlings was gone along with the RB Darrington

JC should be much better this season, they return a decent amount and have decent size...plus Ismail has a full year of MIAA football now under his belt, they will be much improved.

How much did Ismail play last season. The games I saw it looked like the game was a little fast for him. Big athletic guy for sure

Pretty sure he split games at first and then started the last few...regardless, he knows what to expect now, has experience and finished strong last season.  Pretty sure he made the BTC All Star Team recently for next season...They played a crazy schedule last season, hell be fine this season.

Pretty sure he split games at first and then started the last few...regardless, he knows what to expect now, has experience and finished strong last season. Pretty sure he made the BTC All Star Team recently for next season...They played a crazy schedule last season, hell be fine this season.

Preseason BTC Super 22

What was so crazy about schedule last year compared to year before?

What was so crazy about schedule last year compared to year before?

I think thats code for not enough transfers

Oh yeah, but they had a bunch still

I've started to fill in a few more MIAA schedules. MIAA A playoff will be 4 teams and will take place in Weeks 11/12 of the season (1st 2 weeks of MPSSAA playoffs)

Gonzaga replaced their Week 0 game vs. McDonogh (they owed McD a return trip) with a game at Gilman... interesting.