8 replies to this topic

#1 SemiAuto

SemiAuto

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41,951 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:14 AM

A ScyFy channel production. Guess what? It is a science fiction show. A gritty and dark one. It starts out as Earth vs Mars vs Asteroid Belt cloak and dagger show with a plot about a missing person.
It is a bit hard to follow at first because of the multiple plot lines but as the show goes on the plot lines converge into something bigger. If you want to watch the show then don't read about it. There is a big spoiler that I accidentally read about.

It is a very well done show. The story moves along, the acting is good, and the production is excellent (the f/x is as good, if not better than BSG).

Season two should be out sometime this year. I'm looking forward to it.

#2 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,858 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:18 AM

On Netflix or Amazon Prime?

#3 SemiAuto

SemiAuto

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41,951 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:29 AM

I watched it on Amazon Prime.

#4 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,858 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:08 AM

Watched the first episode, seems pretty good.  Just need to get Amazon working on my TV again so I don't have to stream from computer.

#5 SemiAuto

SemiAuto

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41,951 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:16 AM

Season 2 starts February 1st.

#6 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,858 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:06 AM

Also started watching that USA show Colony.  Finished the first season (on Netflix) and the second season just started.  Basically the planet gets invaded by some type of aliens and cities get walled off into colonies managed by humans.  Very little is revealed about the aliens throughout the first season.

#7 Bartman

Bartman

General Irritant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,676 posts
  • LocationBaltimore City

Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:48 PM

Might give it a look sometime if it comes around on the Net. Just can't get involved in ongoing drama shows anymore. Last series I watched was Boardwalk Empire because of my NJ roots. My ideas of a Belt civilization comes from Larry Niven's books.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't try to tell me that what I see with my own two eyes ISN'T what I'm seeing with my own two eyes!

#8 SemiAuto

SemiAuto

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41,951 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:33 AM

FWIW: in 'The Expanse' life in the belt is depicted as gritty and hard. The 'Belters' are resentful of the way Earth and Mars treats them.

#9 Bartman

Bartman

General Irritant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,676 posts
  • LocationBaltimore City

Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:20 PM

But in Niven's work, read "Protector", Mars is basically useless. No one wanted it and the treaties left it to Earth. Dry, desert, no atmosphere, the Belt gets more valuable minerals easier from the Asteroids and you don't have to get out of Mars' gravity well.

Addendum:

Watched the 1st 2 episodes of season 1 on YouTube. Kinda reminds me of Outland (1981) with Sean Connery. Will see if I can stick with it for the 1st Season but I'm just not sure it's to my liking yet. It's just OK, not exactly my cup of tea.

Edited by Bartman, 12 February 2017 - 09:55 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't try to tell me that what I see with my own two eyes ISN'T what I'm seeing with my own two eyes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users