Twister

Trump, Pence moving quickly on Supreme Court pick

431 posts in this topic

Those would be the flyover Dems. The forgotten.

If the GOP delivers on their promises to bringing jobs back to this segment, then I suspect they will stay, otherwise, they won't.

They made their bed. Now they can sleep in it.

Edited by SmarterThanYou

I think this is interesting.

"Vice-President elect Mike Pence was on Capitol Hill Wednesday searching for votes to break a Democratic filibuster."

So Donny wants the votes counted before he nominates a candidate?

I don't have high expectations for Trump. Many of his harden supporters will feel duped when he doesn't deliver on his lofty and unrealistic promises. I trust he'll appoint conservative judges though.

I think this is interesting.

"Vice-President elect Mike Pence was on Capitol Hill Wednesday searching for votes to break a Democratic filibuster."

So Donny wants the votes counted before he nominates a candidate?

Obama waited for a year with his nomination, and got nowhere with the GOP. Not even a freekin' hearing. WTF?

Screw the Republicans. Show zero cooperation.

I don't have high expectations for Trump. Many of his harden supporters will feel duped when he doesn't deliver on his lofty and unrealistic promises. I trust he'll appoint conservative judges though.

I'm sure he'll nominate a conservative. I just think it's interesting he expects the Republicans to rubber stamp his nominee before they know who it is.

Obama waited for a year with his nomination, and got nowhere with the GOP. Not even a freekin' hearing. WTF?

Yea, that'll fix 'em. 

That kind of thinking is exactly what is wrong with Capitol Hill.

I'm not so sure either but we shall see how he does. If he sucks I'll vote for someone else next election but it won't be neither Democrat or Republican. I've had it with all politicians from both parties.

I'm not so sure either but we shall see how he does. If he sucks I'll vote for someone else next election but it won't be neither Democrat or Republican. I've had it with all politicians from both parties.

I feel the same way.

Yea, that'll fix 'em. 

They don't have to help, and they can't anyway. So just sit it out and say you disagreed with it.

Yea, that'll fix 'em.

The war began 8 years ago. No Dem help. Not that it's needed, anyway. Symbolism.

There is room for compromises, say, on obama Care. But not on the SC nominee.

Edited by SmarterThanYou

The war began 8 years ago. No Dem help. Not that it's needed, anyway. Symbolism.

There is room for compromises, say, on obama Care. But not on the SC nominee.

Whatever.

Whatever.

Yes, whatever.

If the GOP was genuine about cooperating (they are not), they had a year to at least hold a hearing of Obama's nomination. They would not. They did not.

As Obama said last night during his 60 Minutes interview: He was told by GOP Leaders, early on in his Presidency, that they would oppose his every step, because they said' "any successes he had, meant GOP defeats in mid-term Congressional elections". Blunt, but honest partisan politics, to the max.

So, yeah, screw them.

Edited by SmarterThanYou

Yes, whatever.

If the GOP was genuine about cooperating (they are not), they had a year to at least hold a hearing of Obama's nomination. They would not. They did not.

As Obama said last night during his 60 Minutes interview: He was told by GOP Leaders, early on in his Presidency, that they would oppose his every step, because they said' "any successes he had, meant GOP defeats in mid-term Congressional elections". Blunt, but honest partisan politics, to the max.

So, yeah, screw them.

You want to be like them. So noted.

Boom! (I got this little gem from you)

You want to be like them. So noted.

Boom! (I got this little gem from you)

And what possible benefit can there be in the Dems rubber stamping a conservative SC nominee from the child-elect?

Good will? BWAHAHAHAHA.

Boom.

The strategy that worked exceedingly well for the Republicans in gaining control of both the House and Senate, was to resist Obama, and to spread mis-information about Obama's plans (remember how they said Obama was going to take everyone's guns....people believed this nonesense.

As the GOP logic went, Obama's success, was the GOP's defeat. No mid-ground.

I would modify this strategy a bit - If there's something on the table that Dems can rally behind, then support it. Otherwise, resist.

Edited by SmarterThanYou

And what possible benefit can there be in the Dems rubber stamping a conservative SC nominee from the child-elect?

Good will? BWAHAHAHAHA.

Boom.

The strategy that worked exceedingly well for the Republicans in gaining control of both the House and Senate, was to resist Obama, and to spread mis-information about Obama's plans (remember how they said Obama was going to take everyone's guns....people believed this nonesense.

As the GOP logic went, Obama's success, was the GOP's defeat. No mid-ground.

I would modify this strategy a bit - If there's something on the table that Dems can rally behind, then support it. Otherwise, resist.

I would not recommend the Democrats or Republicans rubber stamp the nominee. 

PS---Despite the predictions of people like Nate Silver and Chuck Todd, you lost the Senate. You guys can't stop crap without a filibuster that can go away anybtime.

President Trump set to make Supreme Court choice this week, short list down to three.

This, as sources close to the selection process tell Fox News the list of possible candidates is now down to three names, all of them federal appeals court judges: Judge William Pryor in Alabama, Judge Neil Gorsuch in Colorado, and Judge Thomas Hardiman in Pennsylvania.

All are appointees of George W. Bush, a sign that judicial picks can have a far-reaching impact years, even decades, after presidents leaving elected office. Federal judges serve for life, and seven of the eight current justices all served in lower federal appeals courts.

White House Counsel Don McGahn is leading the vetting process, with input from senior administration legal and political advisers, including Sessions. Outside conservative advisers include Leonard Leo of the Federalist Society and Jim DeMint of the Heritage Foundation.

Any of the 3 would be an excellent choice, and a big first step in Making America Great Again!

Nancy Grace sounds up his alley.  Who's the judge on Fox with the hairline barely above his eye brows? Him too. 

Well there's Judge Judy too, but remember, Donny doesn't like celebrities any more. 

(CNN)The two judges who have been considered the top finalists to be President Donald Trump's nominee for the Supreme Court -- Neil Gorsuch and Thomas Hardiman -- are being brought to Washington ahead of tonight's White House announcement, sources tell CNN.

The move comes as there were increasing indications that Gorsuch will be Trump's choice, sources briefed on the White House deliberations tell CNN. One source said that Gorsuch was told it was likely him. Those close to the process warn that until it is announced, Trump could change his mind.

suppose to announce it tonight at eight

I sure it's Judge Gorsuch.  His strong conservative views on religious rights (1A) and gun rights (2A) makes him the perfect pick, and at age 49 could set precedents for the next 30 years.

I sure it's Judge Gorsuch.  His strong conservative views on religious rights (1A) and gun rights (2A) makes him the perfect pick, and at age 49 could set precedents for the next 30 years.

Trump's sister apparently has advocated for Hardiman.