Manny

2020 Bench for Democrats

111 posts in this topic

This past week, two of the most visible Democrats were Bernie Sanders and John Lewis. They will be 79 and 80 respectively come 2020. Of course, Joe Biden made a joke about running. That spring chicken will only be 77 on Election Day 2020.  If they go for youth, a 71 year old Elizabeth Warren is waiting in the wings. Democrats, this is your future. :D

Cory Booker, Martin O'Malley.  Both will be in their 50s in 2020.

Probably numerous other younger Democrats.

Edited by Baltimatt

This past week, two of the most visible Democrats were Bernie Sanders and John Lewis. They will be 79 and 80 respectively come 2020. Of course, Joe Biden made a joke about running. That spring chicken will only be 77 on Election Day 2020.  If they go for youth, a 71 year old Elizabeth Warren is waiting in the wings. Democrats, this is your future. :D

... and you think your opinion of Democratic strategy is of any interest to Democrats WHY?

Under 55 in 2020

Kamala Harris- ex CA AG and current Senator

Tim Ryan, future Ohio Governor

Senator Kirsten Gillibrand

Senator Chris Murphy

The Adolescent-elect is actually 70, despite the maturity level of a teen-age boy.

I think Andrew Cuomo has ideas about running. He's 59.

If anyone could lose to Trump and prove that the Dems did in fact learn nothing, it would be Andrew Cuomo.

I hope to God your not counting on O'lair O'malley to be your democratic saviour

Under 55 in 2020

Kamala Harris- ex CA AG and current Senator

Tim Ryan, future Ohio Governor

Senator Kirsten Gillibrand

Senator Chris Murphy

Sen Sherrod Brown and the governor from Colorado with the weird name

Kamala Harris is the best option out of the ones mentioned so far.

I think Andrew Cuomo has ideas about running. He's 59.

Assuming Millennials remain anti-Wall St through 2020, I think any Dem from NY or NJ with ties to Wall St will have a rough time in the Primaries

Cory Booker? The Senator who opportunistically staked his political future on trashing a fellow Senator that he previously praised?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=10&ved=0ahUKEwj2ue6GgsjRAhVLPiYKHcDYDscQwqsBCCkwCQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dz9WtYFdnc4A&usg=AFQjCNHyhXYyfyK0FsIy04J0-2ObmHWTHQ&sig2=abrMI4hZ95VVxys5ooO4QA

If anyone could lose to Trump and prove that the Dems did in fact learn nothing, it would be Andrew Cuomo.

Why do you think so?

I think Cuomo is the one to watch.

Why do you think so?

I think Cuomo is the one to watch.

Like Clinton, too close to Wall St., too establishment, too much baggage.

O'Malley?!?  Good one, Matt!

Manny ran out of threads to bump, apparently.

Wanna bet?

Sen Sherrod Brown and the governor from Colorado with the weird name

Hickenlooper?  The anti-gun nut?

I suggest you guys keep a suitcase packed. 

No one has mentioned Deval Patrick.

I know it's early, but Sherrod Brown, Coumo and Gillibrand have all already declined:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2020

But the Dems should all sit out, because The Rock says he's interested. He'll crush Trump in the primaries.

Patrick was a very good governor plus he has been successful in the Private Sector

I'm rooting for Dwayne Johnson! :)

Patrick was a very good governor plus he has been successful in the Private Sector

I'm rooting for Dwayne Johnson! :)

The Dwayne Johnson thing is interesting, because I do believe we need someone from outside the political realm, at least occasionally.  We got it this time, but unfortunately, it's the wrong person.

Edited by Thirteen