Manny

2020 Bench for Democrats

111 posts in this topic

Patrick was a very good governor plus he has been successful in the Private Sector

I'm rooting for Dwayne Johnson! :)

And now, a few words from your favorite candidate:

“The jabroni beating, pie eating, trail-blazin', eyebrow raisin', all around, smack it down People's Champ, The Rock!”

- Dwayne Johnson

“Kevin Kelly, let The Rock answer your question with a question of his own: Are you mentally, as well as physically prepared to tickle the anus of a monkey?”

- Dwayne Johnson

“I'm gonna stick your head so far up your *ss your gonna have to cut holes in your nipples to see!”

- Dwayne Johnson

“Shine it up real nice, turn it sideways, and stick it straight up your candy ***!”

- Dwayne Johnson

I think it is going to be akin to 1990/1991 when a relative unknown can step forward. Now, Bill Clinton had laid a lot of ground work and it is not clear who else in the democratic party has done that this time around but the field is wide open.

I suggest you guys keep a suitcase packed. 

Just like the ones who were going to leave but backed off ..???

I think it is going to be akin to 1990/1991 when a relative unknown can step forward. Now, Bill Clinton had laid a lot of ground work and it is not clear who else in the democratic party has done that this time around but the field is wide open.

Just look to the speech makers at the last convention. Didn't it really help O'Malley .......

Just look to the speech makers at the last convention. Didn't it really help O'Malley .......

The more I read about the myriad number of scandals breaking around Trump and his cabinet, not even counting the impending conflicts of interest that start revealing themselves on January 21, I'm beginning to think 76 might be a better analogy.

Kamala Harris should run, if she's eligible, I assume she is. I think she'd be the best candidate.

But pro-weed.

He'll only be 69 in 2020. You all may have your guy. I like his weed stance, btw.

You guys could also push a Bill de Blasio-Keith Ellison ticket. That would surely excite the independents. :D

Just like the ones who were going to leave but backed off ..???

Perhaps Zen is suggesting "relocation."

This past week, two of the most visible Democrats were Bernie Sanders and John Lewis. They will be 79 and 80 respectively come 2020. Of course, Joe Biden made a joke about running. That spring chicken will only be 77 on Election Day 2020.  If they go for youth, a 71 year old Elizabeth Warren is waiting in the wings. Democrats, this is your future. :D

Looks like Obama realized this too. Now they'll have Chelsea Manning.

This past week, two of the most visible Democrats were Bernie Sanders and John Lewis. They will be 79 and 80 respectively come 2020. Of course, Joe Biden made a joke about running. That spring chicken will only be 77 on Election Day 2020. If they go for youth, a 71 year old Elizabeth Warren is waiting in the wings. Democrats, this is your future. :D

The Democrats want that. That way, anyone who disagrees with Mr or Ms Manning's policies can be demonized as a transaphobe.

Sen Sherrod Brown and the governor from Colorado with the weird name

Higgenlooper?? Something like that.

But pro-weed. 

The dem version of Gary Johnson?

What is Aleppo?

:D I voted for him.

The same old geezers are making all the headlines. Meanwhile the Democrat Party is in its worst shape since the 1920's.

Kamala Harris should run, if she's eligible, I assume she is. I think she'd be the best candidate.

What would even make you think she possibly isn't eligible?

I'm an (I) and the only one mentioned that I'd take a serious look at right now is Tim Ryan.

The dems need a sacrificial lamb to throw out there, as President Trump is certainly going to win re-election, rather handily as the dems continue to self-destruct. I think Senator Pocohantas would be a lot of fun.

The dems need a sacrificial lamb to throw out there, as President Trump is certainly going to win re-election, rather handily as the dems continue to self-destruct. I think Senator Pocohantas would be a lot of fun.

:lol:

No one expects an ultra-partisan such as yourself to actually think, but Trump's going to need to deliver big on his campaign promises beyond a few loosely worded EOs if he expects non-partisan support.  I'm personally curious to see how he delivers all the good paying jobs to the Rust Belt areas that helped him win.

Anything can happen in four years, but seeing where Trump is now and expecting him to win again is foolish. But again, anything can happen. We aren't even close to the midterms yet, let alone 2020.

Considering how Trump won by a breath with the help of Russia, the RNC and the glass pipe republicans Sanders likely would win in a landslide with fair and equal coverage of his agenda or sans the DNC's active dismissal of him. The Dems don't get that yet. It's not about the candidate. It's about public interest over private interest. It's not rocket surgery.

This past week, two of the most visible Democrats were Bernie Sanders and John Lewis. They will be 79 and 80 respectively come 2020. Of course, Joe Biden made a joke about running. That spring chicken will only be 77 on Election Day 2020. If they go for youth, a 71 year old Elizabeth Warren is waiting in the wings. Democrats, this is your future. :D

Won't matter. By the time Trump is finished screwing up the country, anyone not named Hillary will knock him back to reality tv.

What would even make you think she possibly isn't eligible?

I don't remember, honestly. I posted that over a month ago. 

LOL, Trump could barely beat the worst candidate the Dems had fielded in God knows how long, you even said that yourself. And even with all that, he couldn't even get more total votes than her. His margins in the deciding states (Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania) were 22,748, 10,704, and 44,292, respectively. That totals to 77,744 votes that decided the election. For comparison, Fed Ex field has a capacity of 82,000. Again, Clinton was the perhaps worst candidate the Dems have fielded in a century. So keep deluding yourself into believing that Trump is popular, or has a mandate, or whatever. It's to our advantage.