Manny

2020 Bench for Democrats

111 posts in this topic

What would even make you think she possibly isn't eligible?

Born in Oakland, CA, 52 years old, never convicted. Looks like she's eligible.

Other than the fact the last woman to run for POTUS broke her neck on the glass ceiling, I would think there is nothing stopping her...

Only took one page of responses to completely destroy Manny's ridiculous topic... epic thread fail!

I'm thinking more and more that Cuomo will make a strong run.  He's more or less like Clinton in terms of pragmatic centrism but without nearly as much baggage.  I don't know how he'll do in the primary.  It'll help him if there are a slew of 'anti-establishment' candidates because he will definitely be painted as the 'insider' candidate.

Regardless of who, a freak show is guaranteed.

Soon, a high degree of freakiness will be required to get the Democrat nomination.

I'm thinking more and more that Cuomo will make a strong run.  He's more or less like Clinton in terms of pragmatic centrism but without nearly as much baggage.  I don't know how he'll do in the primary.  It'll help him if there are a slew of 'anti-establishment' candidates because he will definitely be painted as the 'insider' candidate.

I recall reading recently that his approval rating is climbing...

Poll: Gov. Cuomo's popularity hits 2-year high

ALBANY -- Gov. Andrew Cuomo's favorability among New Yorkers hit its highest point since January 2015, a poll Monday found.

Sixty percent of voters had a favorable view of the Democratic governor, and his job performance rating was positive for the first time since July 2014, the Siena College poll said.

Cuomo’s favorability rating was 60 percent to 34 percent, up from 56 percent to 37 last month. His job performance was 50 percent to 48 percent, up from a negative 45-53 percent last month, Siena said.

Soon, a high degree of freakiness will be required to get the Democrat nomination.

But not the freakniness you can take home to your mom!

But not the freakniness you can take home to your mom!

True. A look at these anarchists shows they are an odd bunch. They are comfortable voting Democrat though.

But pro-weed.

He is now, but when it was first proposed he fought it hard and labeled it "reckless".

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-hickenlooper-marijuana-20160516-20160516-snap-story.html

So he was against it before he was for it and found it was "working" after two years.

Sounds like a man of great vision :rolleyes:

Edited by jonsensback

Poll: Gov. Cuomo's popularity hits 2-year high

ALBANY -- Gov. Andrew Cuomo's favorability among New Yorkers hit its highest point since January 2015, a poll Monday found.

Sixty percent of voters had a favorable view of the Democratic governor, and his job performance rating was positive for the first time since July 2014, the Siena College poll said.

Cuomo’s favorability rating was 60 percent to 34 percent, up from 56 percent to 37 last month. His job performance was 50 percent to 48 percent, up from a negative 45-53 percent last month, Siena said.

I know several women who did not vote for him either time who were very excited and happy about the new paid maternity leave law.

My ticket for 2020: Elizabeth Warren and Tom Perez,   They have the far-Left vote locked up now and that's what seems to be important to the Dems now.

I'm thinking more and more that Cuomo will make a strong run. He's more or less like Clinton in terms of pragmatic centrism but without nearly as much baggage. I don't know how he'll do in the primary. It'll help him if there are a slew of 'anti-establishment' candidates because he will definitely be painted as the 'insider' candidate.

He's really unpopular with Dems outside of NY State

I doubt the DLC type New Democrat thing will sell with Millennials in 2020

Edited by soulflower

Maybe it's time for a 'Millennial' candidate or two.

Maybe it's time for a 'Millennial' candidate or two.

I'll settle for someone who's not associated with a Political Dynasty and has a bit more charisma than Cuomo

Moderate Candidates with no charisma don't have a good track record in Presidential elections

Maxine Waters, who will be 82 in 2020, has been a vocal and visible Democrat lately. :D

Possible early contenders at this point would be:

Kamala Harris

Chris Murphy

Elizabeth Warren

All to liberal for my tastes but still preferable to the dumpster fire we have now  

Posted (edited)

On 1/17/2017 at 1:02 PM, zenwalk said:

I suggest you guys keep a suitcase packed. 

More than likely a Democrat will win 2020 but I'm not going anywhere. Country is already [messed up] no matter who is Pres. I'm not a cry baby like all you LIBs. 

Edited by Baltimatt

Dwayne Johnson?  You may as well resurrect Jesse Ventura.  The Dems have a weak bench indeed.  I have visions of Hill going for it again.  The Clintons' lust for power will only end when they're six feet under.

On 1/16/2017 at 7:01 PM, Baltimatt said:

Cory Booker, Martin O'Malley.  Both will be in their 50s in 2020.

Probably numerous other younger Democrats.

Neither has a snowball's chance.

Hey Matt, off topic:  How come posts aren't numbered anymore?  That was rather helpful in referring back to earlier comments.  Also, not that it matters, but it seems that post counts have been altered.  I think I was up over 45K before but a few thousand vanished.  Just curious.

2 minutes ago, veritas said:

Neither has a snowball's chance.

Hey Matt, off topic:  How come posts aren't numbered anymore?  That was rather helpful in referring back to earlier comments.  Also, not that it matters, but it seems that post counts have been altered.  I think I was up over 45K before but a few thousand vanished.  Just curious.

Trump didn't have a snowball's chance either. Yet, here he is. If his Presidency continues on this downward spiral, pretty much anyone running against him will have more than a snowball's chance. 

1 minute ago, Heisenberg said:

Trump didn't have a snowball's chance either. Yet, here he is. If his Presidency continues on this downward spiral, pretty much anyone running against him will have more than a snowball's chance. 

You have to get nominated first.  Those two guys can't get nominated.  

On 1/16/2017 at 7:01 PM, Baltimatt said:

Cory Booker, Martin O'Malley.  Both will be in their 50s in 2020.

Probably numerous other younger Democrats.

Please don't run O'Malley! Unless Trump resigns then please do :)