Manny

2020 Bench for Democrats

111 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, veritas said:

You have to get nominated first.  Those two guys can't get nominated.  

So that means the Dems have better candidates. Who do you think that would be?

Just now, Heisenberg said:

No, it doesn't mean that at all. Clinton was nominated last time. 

1 minute ago, Heisenberg said:

Well, if O'Malley is the best they have, then you better get used to Trump, or Pence if Trump is gone for some reason.

30 minutes ago, veritas said:

Neither has a snowball's chance.

Hey Matt, off topic:  How come posts aren't numbered anymore?  That was rather helpful in referring back to earlier comments.  Also, not that it matters, but it seems that post counts have been altered.  I think I was up over 45K before but a few thousand vanished.  Just curious.

I noticed both those things.  Not sure about the post numbering.  As far as the post count, I think I lost about 20,000 posts.  Maybe the older posts have been lost, since we've both been around for a while. 

31 minutes ago, Rael said:

No, it doesn't mean that at all. Clinton was nominated last time. 

Republicans could've nominated Kasich but they chose Trump 

Just now, soulflower said:

Very true. But what fun would it be having a sane, reasonable person at the helm? This roller-coaster, rudderless "leadership" style is so much more exciting. 

1 minute ago, Rael said:

Very true. But what fun would it be having a sane, reasonable person at the helm? This roller-coaster, rudderless "leadership" style is so much more exciting. 

Kasich is Dem lite.  That's why he had no shot.  Whatever else you want to say about Trump, the fact he could ward off long time, seasoned political opponents and then beat Hillary was quite the feat.

Just now, veritas said:

Kasich is Dem lite.  That's why he had no shot.  Whatever else you want to say about Trump, the fact he could ward off long time, seasoned political opponents and then beat Hillary was quite the feat.

This shows how far the party has moved. Kasich was and is a conservative. He just believes, like Reagan did, that it is possible to work with the opposition.

He was the main adult in every debate. 

19 minutes ago, soulflower said:

Why won't you guys nominate someone like Joe Machin?

Just now, Manny said:

Why won't you guys nominate someone like Joe Machin?

You should be wondering if Pence can win after serving out the last bit of Trump's first term. 

15 minutes ago, veritas said:

Too bad he has no idea how to lead

Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, veritas said:

I strongly disagree. He's as much a Republican as Pence

I still think Kasich is someone capable of healing the Partisan divide in this country but few Republicans are interested in compromise or bringing the country together

Edited by soulflower

Just now, Manny said:

Looks like a battle of the Bolsheviks vs the Mensheviks.

Absolutely anyone is better than Trump or Clinton.  I am back in Baltimore for a couple weeks and at DC101 kerfuffle at Merriweather Post Pavilion.   Any one of these drunken 22 year old idiots would be better than trump 

Hillary deserves another chance.  She was robbed and everybody knows it.  The Russians fear Hillary and that's why they hacked the election.  She's the legitimate president and leader of the Resistance.  Anyone can see that except the misogynists. 

6 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Hillary deserves another chance.  She was robbed and everybody knows it.  The Russians fear Hillary and that's why they hacked the election.  She's the legitimate president and leader of the Resistance.  Anyone can see that except the misogynists. 

You're pretty alone in that belief. 

12 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

She does not believe that or any of the other stuff she posts.  It is propaganda and part of an Astro Turf campaign 

14 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Pretty sure that was a joke.

With a little 3 years away from Election Day, the geezer squad has refused to yield to an up and coming spring chicken. In fact, crazy Bernie has captured most of the headlines.

Posted (edited)

Harvey weinsten has a shot.....and what better way for him to fight for the dignity and equality of women and battle the pure evil of the nra;)

Pelosi, schumer, et al will be dragged out kicking and screaming and the party will be fractured because of it. It's already started.

Just don't say schism.B)

Edited by Dr Johnny Fever

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Dr Johnny Fever said:

Harvey weinsten has a shot.....and what better way for him to fight for the dignity and equality of women and battle pure evil of the nra;)

Pelosi, schumer, et al will be dragged out kicking and screaming and the party will be fractured because of it. It's already started.

Just don't say schism.B)

The Republicans already put a P***y Grabber in the White House :rolleyes:

My outside the box choice for 2020 is Mitch Labdrieu, the mayor of New Orleans. I hope he runs 

Edited by soulflower

10 minutes ago, soulflower said:

My outside the box choice for 2020 is Mitch Labdrieu, the mayor of New Orleans. I hope he runs 

Hickenlooper from Colorado would probably like to run, but considering he’s not a cheerleader for Obamacare makes him a non-contender.

9 minutes ago, soulflower said:

Exactly....clinton....trump....weinstein....he's obviously qualified.B)

Way too early to speculate, about either party, imho.

13 minutes ago, Manny said:

Hickenlooper from Colorado would probably like to run, but considering he’s not a cheerleader for Obamacare makes him a non-contender.

I’m open to better ideas for reaching Universal Healthcare if he has any