Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spreadball85

Curley Football Position???

71 posts in this topic

Any info on what they are doing with the position?  Hopefully they will throw the ball more and and curley needs to get out of the jv offense the DW.

schell is at BL...itll be interesting to see what they go with and what they install...

Why would Schell make what would have to be considered a lateral transfer at this point in his career? BL has better facilities and he is already entrenched there.

Outgoing Curley Head Coach Sean Murphy has been hired as head coach at East Wake High School in Wendell, NC, where he will also teach. Coach Murphy will start at his new position on January 30. East Wake finished 1-9 last year, so Murph is facing another rebuilding job, similar to what he had to deal with when he took over at Curley.

Best of luck to Coach Murphy as he takes on his newest challenge.

Nothing but respect for Murphy and wish him the best. Cares not just about the game but the kids. Can never forget that after beating Curley in the championship, he showcased my son in the Crab Bowl and was instrumental in assisting him in getting recruited at the next level. Class act!!!

Loyola and Severn hired new coaches, any word on the process at curley?

Any news yet on new HC? I know they were conducting round 2 interviews last week with their finalist.

Talked to a parent with a player on the team, rumor in the school is that it's the HC of dundalk if he wants it.

Edited by Dblock34

If this is indeed happening, there's going to be some PO'ed parents and kids that transferred there 

What's a better job, Dundalk or curley? Curious of everyone's thoughts

If this is indeed happening, there's going to be some PO'ed parents and kids that transferred there 

Meaning what?? that you don't think Sandora is qualified for that job?

I think he was talking about the Dundalk Parents that transferred their kids to Dundalk.

What's a better job, Dundalk or curley? Curious of everyone's thoughts

Apples and Oranges - Dundalk will give you talent for the most part year in and year out without pounding the pavement on the recruiting trail (and yes I know some many public coaches recruit). New facilities, a lot of program momentum and the right coach can be set up for a god run there. However, what is the school day like, assuming the coach is a teacher in the building. At Curley you need to DEVOTE yourself to recruiting. Under Murphy they attracted hard-nosed East Baltimore kids that fit their style. Does that change now with a spread coach? IDK. I'd have to imagine the 7-2:30 portion of the day would be more enjoyable at Curley. 

Yea I was talking about Parents/Kids that just got to Dundalk.  There are a good amount.  

Wonder how the athletes at curley will transition to a spread?  Need a true qb for the spread in that league...curley doesn't normally take transfers like the other miaa schools.

OK, my bad SB, I thought you meant the Curley parents. As far as I know Dundalk has some assistants there as well. Now the question is how many leave with him and who stays. Nature of the beast I guess, kids change schools regularly and you can never fault a coach for looking for a better opportunity as well.

It's official he took the job, I wonder if Dundalk will promote coach Duncan to head coach

I am not in agreement with the hiring of Sandora by Curley. I believe the position should have gone to one of Coach Murphy's assistants, many of whom worked with Murph for years and are very familiar with the school and the players. Curley also passed up an opportunity to hire a young, successful public school head coach who is another former assistant of Murphy's and who has done an outstanding rebuilding job at his current school.

I think Curley may end up regretting this hire.