Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigDrop

Confirmed: DeMatha will play 3 time defending national champion Bishop Gorman

152 posts in this topic

Until they make a State championship where it comes down to one and only one champion its just watered down. Do they have 4 NFL champions, 4 MLB champions, 4 NBA champions nope so when they do it that way we can talk. When Wise or Dmass play each other or play DM which you know they don't want to, I feel the same about your weak schedule champions as you feel about Private schools

Yeah DW at least SFA stepped up and played those teams, who did your vaunted Wise team play. No one. They didn't even play any of the other state champions. If they had played Dmass and won maybe but nope not another champion o schedule.

So called "stepping up" and losing just doesn't measure up to the creed of "To Be The Best, Play and BEAT the Best."  Your just step up seems to fall short of your mark jb.  Anyone can take on just about anyone and lose my man.  Didn't Eastern and Friendship Collegiate Academies demonstrate this to you; that one can play the best a lot and lose a lot!!!

Regarding Wise you envy so much, I read a report that indicated only 145 teams of over 16,000 went undefeated last season.  The report stated that's just over 1-percent.  Among these 145 teams - 1%, five were from MD and they were DeMatha -- Fort Hill -- Walkersville --  Damascus -- and Wise.  One was a team of highly recruited mercenaries and the other four were neighborhood hoodies.  All the public teams were in the MD state big show  the previous year with 3 of the 4 returning as defending champions and the 4th team lost by just one point.  You don't question Fort Hill nor Walkersville nor even Damascus, but you have a special bone to pick with Wise..  ENVY????   'Nuff said   :P

Edited by DayWalker

Until they make a State championship where it comes down to one and only one champion its just watered down. Do they have 4 NFL champions, 4 MLB champions, 4 NBA champions nope so when they do it that way we can talk. When Wise or Dmass play each other or play DM which you know they don't want to, I feel the same about your weak schedule champions as you feel about Private schools

Until YOU ALL come up with a private state championship and not your league championships or league championship without even a playoff, just SHUT THE PUCK UP underachiever.  :P

You need to read again, I included Dmass. And for you to say that Publics don't recruit is BS, it's just done in a different way. Oh come to this school, but I don't live in the zone, But we have ROTC. Come to this school, not in zone, but we have a Law program or Chinese. It's the same thing DW you just keep telling yourself that your Publics are clean

You need to read again, I included Dmass. And for you to say that Publics don't recruit is BS, it's just done in a different way. Oh come to this school, but I don't live in the zone, But we have ROTC. Come to this school, not in zone, but we have a Law program or Chinese. It's the same thing DW you just keep telling yourself that your Publics are clean

Of course you would include Damascus in your whacky argument but in the publics we didn't know who are the bad@zzes until after it's all done.  Publics is just not like you privates of year in and year out having the usual suspects your better teams.  Hell, you all even have a name for the lot of Top Four albeit you miscount as I see only two tops.  At any rate, I will not rehash the public versus private recruit mercenaries debate, the reclassifying matter, scholarships - financial aid, etc etc etc...  But no one gets paid to play in MD public high schools.  And in looking at Loyola and the over night turn around of Gilman, we can clearly see the results of not paying up in the private ranks....

Write a check jbdoormat for your beloved Loyola but do a better check than the ones your mouth has written around here your sorry underachieving @zz can't cash.....  Just sayin'  :P

Edited by DayWalker

This will be the biggest game in MD OOS history. Anyone that denies that is frustrated that they or those that they care about are not able to compete in these type of games. BG and DM will most likely start the season ranked in the national top 5.

It also looks like another MIAA/WCAC team will be playing Don Bosco Prep(NJ) in 2017.

Yeah Yeah DiclLicker some schools don't pay for football players and Loyola is one of those. The administration doesn't really care much about wins or loses so it doesn't matter how much money is donated to the program. Schools like SFA and Their savior Poggi don't give a crop about anything but winning, take in transfers who already have offers and then try to take credit for those offers. TBH I am glad I am done with high school football in MD.

This will be the biggest game in MD OOS history. Anyone that denies that is frustrated that they or those that they care about are not able to compete in these type of games. BG and DM will most likely start the season ranked in the national top 5.

It also looks like another MIAA/WCAC team will be playing Don Bosco Prep(NJ) in 2017.

Guy

There is no such thing as MD OOS history.  DeMatha is playing Gorman for DeMatha and only DeMatha.  Stop trying to hitch your wagon to the state.  Gorman is playing DeMatha and De LaSalle and Mater Dei and whomever for Gorman and not for the "state" of Nevada high school football.  Get over yourselves Stags...your don't represent MD high school football.  No one team does.  For your lot Driveby, DeMatha "starting" the season "ranked" #5 having not played a single down may be the shtyes to you but they will NOT end the season as a MD state champion no matter how ranked things will be for them at the end of the season when you all are done and watching the MD public secondary school championships.  And that's a pity as far as The DayWalker is concerned as you all can surely do a private championship during that down time after your 12-game season.

Edited by DayWalker

Yeah Yeah DiclLicker some schools don't pay for football players and Loyola is one of those. The administration doesn't really care much about wins or loses so it doesn't matter how much money is donated to the program. Schools like SFA and Their savior Poggi don't give a crop about anything but winning, take in transfers who already have offers and then try to take credit for those offers. TBH I am glad I am done with high school football in MD.

No you are not...  If you had any balls left and I heard you don't, you'd probably give it up for another season.   :P

Edited by DayWalker

That comment makes absolutely no sense just like 99% of the BS that comes out of your mouth.

Yeah, you are not a Loyola graduate so even some not so subtle things may get by you.  I understand.  So let me break it down in simple terms for you jndoormat.  You will be here this time next year all into high school football gnashing teeth over Poggi and The DayWalker kicking your @zz and "your privates" in debate...

And you said it Secondary. And that's what it really is

Then what would you rate Loyola football right now....  The school, its buildings I hear are top shelf...  :rolleyes:

Edited by DayWalker

Not impressed with Gorman one bit. Avalon SOS is higher than Gormans along with 10-11 other teams in the state of MD. Then we have several others in the state that have a SOS very similar to Gorman.  

I would say they are weak in a strong division, not secondary. And you ain't whippin nobody ***. The Publics play secondary competition for a secondary championship that's all there is to it. And let's just see how many of the city public kids run down to SFA now since they have to meet that new GPA to play. Then you will hear more complaining from those guys about Poggi. Especially when those tuition bills come due after football season is over

Gorman beat Bosco, Aquinas, Cedar Hill and Cocoa. There is not a team in Maryland, including Dematha, that would have swept those teams. Gorman was darn good last year. As good as I have ever seen.

Gorman beat Bosco, Aquinas, Cedar Hill and Cocoa. There is not a team in Maryland, including Dematha, that would have swept those teams. Gorman was darn good last year. As good as I have ever seen.

Gorman was as good as all the players they brought in from all across Nevada and even out of state.  Hell, Gorman's reach even extends to Hawaii.  But as you said and obviously know aa, the Martell crew from California going back to California will hurt, but for a little while until their replacements are bought brought in...

Seasoned all-star teams will be / should be very good aa....  Come on counselor, it would be news if Gorman bought in a lot of "national" 4 and 5-star talents and not be good.

Edited by DayWalker

Not impressed with Gorman one bit. Avalon SOS is higher than Gormans along with 10-11 other teams in the state of MD. Then we have several others in the state that have a SOS very similar to Gorman.

SOS means nothing when you beat two teams that finished in the national top 10. Let's say HD Woodson played and beat California #1 St. John Bosco and Florida #1 St. Thomas Aquinas while waltzing through a weak DCIAA schedule....would that not impress you?

Gorman was as good as all the players they brought in from all across Nevada and even out of state.  Hell, Gorman's reach even expends to Hawaii.  But as you said and obviously know aa, the Martell crew from California going back to California will hurt, but for a little while until their replacements are bought brought in...

Seasoned all-star teams will be / should be very good aa....  Come on counselor, it would be news if Gorman bought in a lot of "national" 4 and 5-star talents and not be good.

I agree 100%. But not every all star team of hired mercenaries ends up being successful. No disrespect, but St. Johns was evidence of that. I think that Martell is a winner and Gorman may miss that next year regardless of how highly rated their new qb is so Dematha has a shot. As you said, the real goal is to win the wcac. I think that will always be the focus at Dematha but they know they have a cery good team thus year and decided to test them by playing one of the best in the nation.

SOS means nothing when you beat two teams that finished in the national top 10. Let's say HD Woodson played and beat California #1 St. John Bosco and Florida #1 St. Thomas Aquinas while waltzing through a weak DCIAA schedule....would that not impress you?

I would be impressed if HD Woodson did what you said with HD Woodson - DC kids.  I would not be impressed if HD Woodson did that with kids from DC and recruited scholarship mercenaries from MD, VA, and Punoho HI.  Just sayin' driveby....

Hired mercenaries are kids going to private schools to get a great education and more exposure for colleges. It just sounds silly. Don't act as if some top tier public schools don't receive transfers or seek to get kids to enroll in their specialized education program.

Kudos to DeMatha.

I agree 100%. But not every all star team of hired mercenaries ends up being successful. No disrespect, but St. Johns was evidence of that. I think that Martell is a winner and Gorman may miss that next year regardless of how highly rated their new qb is so Dematha has a shot. As you said, the real goal is to win the wcac. I think that will always be the focus at Dematha but they know they have a cery good team thus year and decided to test them by playing one of the best in the nation.

aa, 4-star Tyjon Lindsey is going back to California.  Brendan Hiles, Tyjon's cousin is going back to California.  It's not just Tate Matrell.  Again aa, a test in football involves losing something of great importance if one loses.  How is DeMatha testing itself by playing Gorman if a DeMtha loss does not adversely impact its "real goal to win the WHACK WCAC....."   Come counselor, come on.  You are talking with The DayWalker

aa, 4-star Tyjon Lindsey is going back to California. Brendan Hiles, Tyjon's cousin is going back to California. It's not just Tate Matrell. Again aa, a test in football involves losing something of great importance if one loses. How is DeMatha testing itself by playing Gorman if a DeMtha loss does not adversely impact its "real goal to win the WHACK WCAC....." Come counselor, come on. You are talking with The DayWalker

I am only talking to you because I am on a six hour flight. But, if you want to talk, it will have to be about something other than whether Gorman will be a test for Dematha and/or a game of national/local importance. Those two points are facts not worth either of us debating. I have a topic for you. If Wise did seek to schedule a private school for the weekend of September 8, and Wise could schedule Dematha for that weekend but it passed on them and took a more winnable game what would you say? Playing any private school does not advance the ball for them in terms of playoff points, so that argument is out, assuming they took the easier path. People talked big at the podium but got alligator arms when it came time to step up. Come walk with me Daywalker.

Edited by aacountyfootball

Hired mercenaries are kids going to private schools to get a great education and more exposure for colleges. It just sounds silly. Don't act as if some top tier public schools don't receive transfers or seek to get kids to enroll in their specialized education program.

Kudos to DeMatha.

Yeah, Kasim Hill, Taron Vincent, Evan Gregory, and so many many many more of your kids flip-flop schools with monies in hand to get that great mercenary school education!!!  Hell, Beau English will end up at the Air Force Academy for a great education and Evan Fochtman will be at Navy for a great education.  But Jabari Laws of a public school Wise with what some of you think is not a great education or exposure will be at West Point.  Go figure!!!

But yes Hack, many schools get transfers.  But publics cannot turn down students otherwise eligible to attend their servicing high school.  Nor can public high schools take kids not eligible to be there.  The penalty in public schools to play an ineligible player regardless of how it comes about even for just one down is forfeit.  What's the penalty within the privates for playing a player in the school not within policy...  Hell, I've heard of kids nearly in the door of some private high schools as incoming 9th graders for things to occur or not occur as expected and these kids reclassify to redo the 8th grade for a better shot the following year to play football.  I simply do not know of a single public middle school that would allow a kid who otherwise progressed and fulfilled the requirements of an 8th-grader to repeat the grade so they would be in a better way to play high school sports.

Come Talk With Me Hack, et. al....

Edited by DayWalker