Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigDrop

Confirmed: DeMatha will play 3 time defending national champion Bishop Gorman

152 posts in this topic

I would be impressed if HD Woodson did what you said with HD Woodson - DC kids. I would not be impressed if HD Woodson did that with kids from DC and recruited scholarship mercenaries from MD, VA, and Punoho HI. Just sayin' driveby....

So you hold private schools to a higher standard of high school football?

I am only talking to you because I am on a six hour flight. But, if you want to talk, it will have to be about something other than whether Gorman will be a test for Dematha and/or a game of national/local importance. Those two points are facts not worth either of us debating. I have a topic for you. If Wise did seek to schedule a private school for the weekend of September 8, and Wise could schedule Dematha for that weekend but it passed on them and took a more winnable game what would you say? Playing any private school does not advance the ball for them in terms of playoff points, so that argument is out, assuming they took the easier path. People talked big at the podium but got alligator arms when it came time to step up. Come walk with me Daywalker.

aa, what makes you think Wise specifically sought a "private school" game for it's open September 8 weekend????  Wise had an open weekend the county built into schedule plans like it did with most of that county teams after their opening weekend game against SMAC and their league games.  aacounty, PG County has a master scheme they closely follow with a few exceptions that involve two-year commitments for the most part.  Is it possible that DeMatha wouldn't commit to home and away games???  Is that possible?  Does DeMatha have a history of doing that?  We know DeMatha's history of playing Maryland public high school ---  zero for a long as I can recall.  Potomac is one PG county who bucked the county scheme and they were fried for a couple seasons scrambling each season to fill their schedule.  Potomac played 9 regular season games last year because a southern VA's school refs failed to show.  I think it was the season before a so-called booked game in NC was not played.  They were fleece in a return game when they ONCE played a VA team led by former Steelers / Redskins Randle El.

On the otherhand, Calvert Hall has a very solid history of playing a very wide variety of public teams.  Is CHC doing a home and away with Wise and thus more to the liking of Wise.  Whatever Wise's reason was for selecting Calvert it was Wise's choice to make.  But I can tell you this for near certain, Wise's fear of garnering enough points to make the 4A South playoffs is an asinine argument an astute counselor like yourself should know better to not advance, not with The DayWalker.

:D  Yes, lets Walk aa....I may just enjoy this.

Its a big game.  I will watch.  But I doubt I will remember who won 2 years after.  However I most likely will remember who won the WCAC.  

On another note.  This is exactly why getting public-private matchups are hard to do.  Teams like DeMatha are not going to give up a game like this (or whatever Florida/NJ/PA etc. game).  

Too much $$$ involved.  

So you hold private schools to a higher standard of high school football?

Nope, not necessarily since all private schools are not DeMatha, not now SFA, top to bottom.  But schools that have the pick of the litter regarding athletes and so many other advantages, yes I do hold to a higher standard and that includes Wise and Damascus and et al.  Hell, I held Gilman to a very high standard before it's standard pillar bolted and that football team crashed into a million pieces.  Now I feel sorry for the shattered mess on Roland left behind GA says the checks coming in will fix and very soon.  I have a very low expectation standard for MIAA-A Loyola who you say is a weak team in a strong division.  But that's an understatement since Loyola last year lost all its region games but beat B conference opponents and a losing 1A Baltimore city team.  "That's worse than pathetic" as Snoop on the Wire once said in my expectation standards

So no jbdoormat, I don't have higher standards for schools just because they are private as you never heard me down beyond just stating facts about Arch Carroll, SM Ryken, Palotti, Landon, Riverdale Baptist, et al.  Now my standards or thoughts on my private posters here is all together a different matter.  You all ain't shyte....or then again, you all are shyte.  Am I now clear on that matter....  :D

Its a big game.  I will watch.  But I doubt I will remember who won 2 years after.  However I most likely will remember who won the WCAC.  

On another note.  This is exactly why getting public-private matchups are hard to do.  Teams like DeMatha are not going to give up a game like this (or whatever Florida/NJ/PA etc. game).  

Too much $$$ involved.  

And bigDroop and his dcsportsfan lot bring up an issue worth talking about.  Droop related how what Faust did at Moeller launched his Notre Dame tenure.  Could this DeMatha - Central, American Heritage, Gorman foray be the catalyst to shore up Brooks to relocate to Ohio State as they are somewhat talking about.  If you follow the $$$ involved nomadder, someone is making it and Brooks just may want his share of the Benjamins he can only get leaving DeMatha for Ohio State....  Hhmmmmm.... :confused:

Oh yeah and that City team was involved in your secondary playoffs, so what does that tell you DiclLicker secondary like you said. Weak

Nope, not necessarily since all private schools are not DeMatha, not now SFA, top to bottom. But schools that have the pick of the litter regarding athletes and so many other advantages, yes I do hold to a higher standard and that includes Wise and Damascus and et al. Hell, I held Gilman to a very high standard before it's standard pillar bolted and that football team crashed into a million pieces. Now I feel sorry for the shattered mess on Roland left behind GA says the checks coming in will fix and very soon. I have a very low expectation standard for MIAA-A Loyola who you say is a weak team in a strong division. But that's an understatement since Loyola last year lost all its region games but beat B conference opponents and a losing 1A Baltimore city team. "That's worse than pathetic" as Snoop on the Wire once said in my expectation standards

So no jbdoormat, I don't have higher standards for schools just because they are private as you never heard me down beyond just stating facts about Arch Carroll, SM Ryken, Palotti, Landon, Riverdale Baptist, et al. Now my standards or thoughts on my private posters here is all together a different matter. You all ain't shyte....or then again, you all are shyte. Am I now clear on that matter.... :D

Very clear that you judge the top privates differently than everyone else. I do too. Kind of surprising that you admit the privates have the best athletes with your "pick of the litter" idiom.

For the life of me I dont understand why privates are so enamored with playing publics anyway, when they schedule games like this.

Its like you have a party at the Ritz Carlton but still complain that nobody from the local jook joint will attend your soiree.

Oh yeah and that City team was involved in your secondary playoffs, so what does that tell you DiclLicker secondary like you said. Weak

Yep, perhaps half of the 16 1A teams who made it into the playoffs didn't have winning records.  That's the nature of the 1A beast.  And you do have the bragging rights for beating that 4 and 6 1A Edmondson team.  Congrats doormat.  But like your Curley of days gone by, you would have prayed for the rains to wash away Loyola had you booked Fort Hill and those broke back mountain 1A boyz with the entire town of Cumberland in tow came a knockin' (heads) in Loyola Towson.... :D

And bigDroop and his dcsportsfan lot bring up an issue worth talking about. Droop related how what Faust did at Moeller launched his Notre Dame tenure. Could this DeMatha - Central, American Heritage, Gorman foray be the catalyst to shore up Brooks to relocate to Ohio State as they are somewhat talking about. If you follow the $$$ involved nomadder, someone is making it and Brooks just may want his share of the Benjamins he can only get leaving DeMatha for Ohio State.... Hhmmmmm.... :confused:

Not worth talking about until something actually happens and even then it should only be in a congratulatory manner.

Very clear that you judge the top privates differently than everyone else. I do too. Kind of surprising that you admit the privates have the best athletes with your "pick of the litter" idiom.

Driveby,

I said I hold DeMatha and McDonogh and Good Counsel and I use to hold Gilman to a different standard like I also said Wise and Damascus for now....  I did NOT mean to even imply or have it clear that I judge just the top privates, all two of you.  Oh and pick of the litter does not mean you privates got the best.  I once got what I thought was the pick of the litter in a dog but after it pissed on my carpet for the 3rd time and wouldn't fetch shyte let alone protect anything beside it's feeding bowl, that pick of the litter was history....

Just understand that picks of litter is undeveloped, just subjective potential, and not necessarily the best yet.  In looking over some of the all-everything lists, you privates just haven't cornered the market in the best athletes.  They seem to be everywhere.

Edited by DayWalker

Not worth talking about until something actually happens and even then it should only be in a congratulatory manner.

Like the DeMatha - Gorman game????  After all, you may have 3 other games before your annual WHACK WCAC stroll...., right?  :P

Again, what would a win against Gorman mean should you lose to Franklin?  What would life be like in Hyattsville for DeMatha to lose to both to start 2017.  I'd say rankings would not be so important than but a salvage ops in winning WHACK WCAC would be DEFCON 1....

Edited by DayWalker

For the life of me I dont understand why privates are so enamored with playing publics anyway, when they schedule games like this.

Validation...Fulfillment...  

Privates need to feel better appreciated and respected in Maryland.  They want what publics have and at times take for granted.

So your cruel to animals, what a jerk

I'll kick a dawgs @zz before quick gets ready...  King Kong ain't got shyte on me.....

Like the DeMatha - Gorman game???? After all, you may have 3 other games before your annual WHACK WCAC stroll...., right? :P

Again, what would a win against Gorman mean should you lose to Franklin? What would life be like in Hyattsville dor DeMatha to lose to both to start 2017. I'd say rankings would not be so important than but a salvage ops in winning WHACK WCAC would be DEFCON 1....

So you read a complete rumor(Brooks to OSU) off of a DC forum that you are terrified to join and compare it to the factual biggest OOS game in MD history? This is the way your brain works?

DM starting 0-2 next year? If that happened, have your cardiologist on speed dial. I don't think your heart can take that type of happiness.

Driveby,

I said I hold DeMatha and McDonogh and Good Counsel and I use to hold Gilman to a different standard like I also said Wise and Damascus for now.... I did NOT mean to even imply or have it clear that I judge just the top privates, all two of you. Oh and pick of the litter does not mean you privates got the best. I once got what I thought was the pick of the litter in a dog but after it pissed on my carpet for the 3rd time and wouldn't fetch shyte let alone protect anything beside it's feeding bowl, that pick of the litter was history....

Just understand that picks of litter is undeveloped, just subjective potential, and not necessarily the best yet. In looking over some of the all-everything lists, you privates just haven't cornered the market in the best athletes. They seem to be everywhere.

So you say that teams like Gorman and DeMatha shouldn't be considered impressive if they beat national top 10 teams, but public schools(HD Woodson/Wise/Dmass) should be? Under that logic you definitely hold the top privates to a higher standard than the top publics.

So you read a complete rumor(Brooks to OSU) off of a DC forum that you are terrified to join and compare it to the factual biggest OOS game in MD history? This is the way your brain works?

DM starting 0-2 next year? If that happened, have your cardiologist on speed dial. I don't think your heart can take that type of happiness.

:D   Terrified of your DC forum!!!  Me terrified of your DC clan, your Chevy Chase g-Unit!!!!  Give The DayWalker a freakin' break, you are causing me to rupture a laugh gut string. Blood tears of laughter run down my face now Driveby.  :D   Sniper, it would be so much more like i don't care to be bored stiff in your DC board like you all are running here with your cut and paste BS posts.  Do you all go around local and national boards with your same dodo.....

At any rate, DeMatha starting off 0-2 or 1-1 or even 2-0 means nothing since things just don't matter outside of your league games.  You can be 0 - 4 before league play and do your annual WHACK WCAC waltz as I said and still come out league champs yet still not be a MD state champion so unfulfilled needing late November, December, and January validation just before signing day.

Come on Sniper....  :P

So you say that teams like Gorman and DeMatha shouldn't be considered impressive if they beat national top 10 teams, but public schools(HD Woodson/Wise/Dmass) should be? Under that logic you definitely hold the top privates to a higher standard than the top publics.

So I see you are a little northeast boarding school slow Sniper so let The DayWalker further explain.  It is NOT overly impressive for likes, those on a level playing field, to just play as either one winning or losing is just par for the course.  In the HD Woodson analogy you failed with, I said I would be impressed if that team with public restricter plates were to defeat all those other state #1 teams (not just play them).  But I further said I would not be as impressed if HD Woodson beat all the state baller teams if Woodson had no restricters as in they had highly recruited players from DC, MD and VA (three states) and Punoho Hawaii I think I said.  That goes for DeMatha unrestricted playing all-out Gorman who doesn't know the meaning of the word restricted.  DeMatha and Gorman are like teams....a level field of sorts --- nothing to be impressed about.

DeMatha simply playing Franklin, a public school, impresses me more than DeMatha - Gorman regardless of who wins or loses.  Understand.....  Now impress me after Gorman kicks your @zz and you all not b_itch, cry, and make lame @zz excuses. Or impress me by not bragging should you win over just another game of the 11 you may play before watching the MD versions of your HD Woodson in the MD state championships, whomever they may be for you all to talk about wanting a piece of those public teams 2018 to be validated and fufilled.....

Edited by DayWalker

:D Terrified of your DC forum!!! Me terrified of your DC clan, your Chevy Chase g-Unit!!!! Give The DayWalker a freakin' break, you are causing me to rupture a laugh gut string. Blood tears of laughter run down my face now Driveby. :D Sniper, it would be so much more like i don't care to be bored stiff in your DC board like you all are running here with your cut and paste BS posts. Do you all go around local and national boards with your same dodo.....

At any rate, DeMatha starting off 0-2 or 1-1 or even 2-0 means nothing since things just don't matter outside of your league games. You can be 0 - 4 before league play and do your annual WHACK WCAC waltz as I said

and still come out league champs yet still not be a MD state champion so unfulfilled needing late November, December, and January validation just before signing day.

Come on Sniper.... :P

I don't own a forum, so the DC board is not mine. But yes, you read that stuff regularly while refusing to post and talk trash about it up here. You're a brave one, DW.

Honest question...do you live in some type of bizarro world where you do things(cut and paste) and then blame it on other people out of nowhere? You literally just took the Brooks to OSU stuff off of the DC site and posted it here.

You can't say that DeMatha's OOC games mean nothing to you when you are here, in January, obsessively posting about them. It's just not the really, DW.

I don't own a forum, so the DC board is not mine. But yes, you read that stuff regularly while refusing to post and talk trash about it up here. You're a brave one, DW.

Honest question...do you live in some type of bizarro world where you do things(cut and paste) and then blame it on other people out of nowhere? You literally just took the Brooks to OSU stuff off of the DC site and posted it here.

You can't say that DeMatha's OOC games mean nothing to you when you are here, in January, obsessively posting about them. It's just not the really, DW.

Like I said, Board_Stiff DC is just not a forum for the zealous likes of The DayWalker...  Such a boring board is what you like and use to Chevy Chase but don't wish that cesspool on anyone else.  If The DayWalker were to step into that DC Bore Board, I would clean up the joint vamp style with your bored mod wondering WTF happened...

But Sniper, The DayWalker isn't just obsessively posting about DeMatha or it's OOC games or whatever.  The DayWalker is a harsh counter-puncher.  Like was said, " King Knog ain't got shyte on me..."  I start no threads.  I just respond to any bullshyte I chose to reply to and your ilk post so much bullshtye The DayWalker need to respond to.  I just set the record straight, vamp style drawing first-blood...

What you The DiclLicker sound like is a dumb ***

I can read a couple books, take a couple classes, and just get smarter.  You, however, will always be a jbdoormat "underachiever" no matter what....  And Poggi says hello.  You write that Loyola check yet?  :P

Yeah, Kasim Hill, Taron Vincent, Evan Gregory, and so many many many more of your kids flip-flop schools with monies in hand to get that great mercenary school education!!! Hell, Beau English will end up at the Air Force Academy for a great education and Evan Fochtman will be at Navy for a great education. But Jabari Laws of a public school Wise with what some of you think is not a great education or exposure will be at West Point. Go figure!!!

But yes Hack, many schools get transfers. But publics cannot turn down students otherwise eligible to attend their servicing high school. Nor can public high schools take kids not eligible to be there. The penalty in public schools to play an ineligible player regardless of how it comes about even for just one down is forfeit. What's the penalty within the privates for playing a player in the school not within policy... Hell, I've heard of kids nearly in the door of some private high schools as incoming 9th graders for things to occur or not occur as expected and these kids reclassify to redo the 8th grade for a better shot the following year to play football. I simply do not know of a single public middle school that would allow a kid who otherwise progressed and fulfilled the requirements of an 8th-grader to repeat the grade so they would be in a better way to play high school sports.

Come Talk With Me Hack, et. al....

Public schools deny transfers all the time as well as magnet schools deny admissions to kids who play ball

Often. Kids reclassify in public schools as well. I've been an educator and/or administrator in public schools for ten years.

Wise is an elite football program and they have as many D1 kids as many private schools. Why? Location and enrollment policy. It's legal, so I don't mind. Elite programs, public or private understand how to operate in their environment. No one in here is downing Wise, we might say public ball isn't as talented or the caliber of private schools, but we know there are a handful of programs that can compete with the top of the private schools. Breathe Bro.

Also with the transfer issue, it is rather a small group of transfers per year in comparison to the hundreds of kids that play football in the WCAC-MIAA.