Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigDrop

Confirmed: DeMatha will play 3 time defending national champion Bishop Gorman

152 posts in this topic

SOS means nothing when you beat two teams that finished in the national top 10. Let's say HD Woodson played and beat California #1 St. John Bosco and Florida #1 St. Thomas Aquinas while waltzing through a weak DCIAA schedule....would that not impress you?

Everything HD does is impressive once you know the make-up and challenges of the kids on the team. Its actually very impressive.

I can read a couple books, take a couple classes, and just get smarter. You, however, will always be a jbdoormat "underachiever" no matter what.... And Poggi says hello. You write that Loyola check yet? :P

I can read a couple books, take a couple classes, and just get smarter. You, however, will always be a jbdoormat "underachiever" no matter what.... And Poggi says hello. You write that Loyola check yet? :P

Doubt that, you know what they say can't teach an old DiclLicker new tricks. And you and Poggi would make beautiful couple

Public schools deny transfers all the time as well as magnet schools deny admissions to kids who play ball

Often. Kids reclassify in public schools as well. I've been an educator and/or administrator in public schools for ten years.

Wise is an elite football program and they have as many D1 kids as many private schools. Why? Location and enrollment policy. It's legal, so I don't mind. Elite programs, public or private understand how to operate in their environment. No one in here is downing Wise, we might say public ball isn't as talented or the caliber of private schools, but we know there are a handful of programs that can compete with the top of the private schools. Breathe Bro.

Also with the transfer issue, it is rather a small group of transfers per year in comparison to the hundreds of kids that play football in the WCAC-MIAA.

You cannot reclass in public school

:D You really need to learn how to post.  You should have the mechanics of it by now going on 3,000....

Public schools deny transfers all the time as well as magnet schools deny admissions to kids who play ball

Often. Kids reclassify in public schools as well. I've been an educator and/or administrator in public schools for ten years.

Wise is an elite football program and they have as many D1 kids as many private schools. Why? Location and enrollment policy. It's legal, so I don't mind. Elite programs, public or private understand how to operate in their environment. No one in here is downing Wise, we might say public ball isn't as talented or the caliber of private schools, but we know there are a handful of programs that can compete with the top of the private schools. Breathe Bro.

Also with the transfer issue, it is rather a small group of transfers per year in comparison to the hundreds of kids that play football in the WCAC-MIAA.

Willy nilly I want to transfer just because are surely denied.  I would expect this of any public school.  But if a family moves into another school zone, there is absolutely nothing a school without other circumstances can do to reasonably deny one registration in one's public service school.

Wise isn't an elite football program.  They haven't been around long enough with a resume to warrant such status .  It is just a PG County school with a good 7-11 football team it build with one heck of a no nonsense take no prisoner head coach from Howard County who started out learning the game from his dad who attended Edmondson.  Did I mention dad is also with Wise....  How about the Coach Rapp father and son team at Wise????  What Wise is doing you all think is so elite has been done before.  I used a Wise term of 7-11 for them.  Do you Hack know what that means?  If so, look at the history of say River Hill.  Wise is just a current hot team like Damascus and like Walkersville and like Fort Hill.  Before them we had Middletown and DouglassPG and Friendly and Urbana and Seneca Valley so many other public programs while you all come to the dance with your usual suspects that simply bore a Forest Gump type like me who like the box of chocolates The DayWalker never knows what we'll get.  Cause unlike all your privates who are afraid of DeMatha, public teams just want to be the one to stick it in Wise's ear.

your turn Hack....  :P

MT Hack, I most definitely understand your take that you feel private play is so much better than public ball.  I got that.  But it's you and your lot who just can't wrap your thick heads around my take and solid arguments that you all just ain't all you think you are.  Just as you think only a few public can hang with your privates, I know that but a few privates can hang with some publics.  I'm telling you MT, even lil 1A Fort Hill of today and yesterday would kick some private MIAA @zz top to bottom as the play that Final Countdown theme of theirs....  :D

You cannot reclass in public school

A kid can repeat the 8th or lower grades if need be in many districts by parents request.

Day Walker,

I KNOW you could give a ham sandwich regarding these polls.  But could you PLEASE check out that USA Today final HS Football Poll and see what "unproven" team is ranked #25?

http://usatodayhss.com/rankings/expert/boys/football/2016/20

Yeah Sho, I saw that but it just didn't mean much, not even close to Wise's back-to-back MD 4A state championships and 7-11.  I heard they have rings to treasure what they did for life.  I wonder if Wise will do Top 25 USA Today poll rings....  :P

A kid can repeat the 8th or lower grades if need be in many districts by parents request.

Nope.  Taxpayers ain't having that.....  Is that what they do back in Illinois where you are from and want MD to be more like Hack?  :rolleyes:

Kids who have fulfilled requirements to progress to the next grade are moved on....  Johnny cannot break a finger nail in the 8th and repeat the 8th so he can be in a better way to play football at his public high school.  Nope nope nope Hack... Now if the privates Mr. Johnny Sr want to fork over $15-20- 30k for son to repeat, they'd probably let the kid start over in K, OK....  :D

Edited by DayWalker

Nope. Taxpayers ain't having that..... Is that what they do back in Illinois where you are from and want MD to be more like Hack? :rolleyes:

Kids who have fulfilled requirements to progress to the next grade are moved on.... Johnny cannot break a finger nail in the 8th and repeat the 8th so he can be in a better way to play football at his public high school. Nope nope nope Hack... Now if the privates Mr. Johnny Sr want to fork over $15-20- 30k for son to repeat, they'd probably let the kid start over in K, OK.... :D

Have you looked at COMAR and district policies? If a kid is within the age range to not be "overage/under-credited", it is the parents with permission of the principal and district. Before Sept 16, I sat on multiple msde workgroups. It's. bigger than football.

Have you looked at COMAR and district policies? If a kid is within the age range to not be "overage/under-credited", it is the parents with permission of the principal and district. Before Sept 16, I sat on multiple msde workgroups. It's. bigger than football.

Hack,

Are you referring to repeating courses and not do over entire grades....  :D   Imagine to law of unintended consequences with kids bored to tears in classes they already know the work and well.  Can you imagine yourself seating in a class for right now for months on how to count!!!  Now I have heard of repeating classes for higher grades.  Hell, I have even suggested this of some to do but it's done at the parents expense and not taxpayers and during the summer or other non-normal times or periods.

Hack,

Are you referring to repeating courses and not do over entire grades.... :D Imagine to law of unintended consequences with kids bored to tears in classes they already know the work and well. Can you imagine yourself seating in a class for right now for months on how to count!!! Now I have heard of repeating classes for higher grades. Hell, I have even suggested this of some to do but it's done at the parents expense and not taxpayers and during the summer or other non-normal times or periods.

Repeating grades for a variety of reasons. Maturity, age, language, cultural issues. Parents discretion

Repeating grades for a variety of reasons. Maturity, age, language, cultural issues. Parents discretion

Repeat for failure yes.... Your non-sense of for whatever, nope.  Make sense Hack.

Not baltimore county lol

90 replies!  Wow.  Just clicked on almost a day after the original post and I had hope for a half dozen.  But 90!!

Can't wait to start reading through this thread.

How many "replies" you get over at Bored_Stiff DC.....

I've now read all 93.  Not quite the erudite discussion I had hoped for...

Edited by BigDrop

I've now read all 93. Not quite the erudite discussion I had hoped for...

what were you hoping for? Us to sing the praises of Dematha , nope doesn't work like that over here "we are built different " lol

"we are built different " lol

:D

Nope.  Taxpayers ain't having that.....  Is that what they do back in Illinois where you are from and want MD to be more like Hack?  :rolleyes:

Kids who have fulfilled requirements to progress to the next grade are moved on....  Johnny cannot break a finger nail in the 8th and repeat the 8th so he can be in a better way to play football at his public high school.  Nope nope nope Hack... Now if the privates Mr. Johnny Sr want to fork over $15-20- 30k for son to repeat, they'd probably let the kid start over in K, OK....  :D

It's easier to do than you think.

Not baltimore county lol

Actually it does. Many kids transfer into county schools and repeat in K-8. Rather easy.

Survey.....no I know someone or heard of someone or read some where....who here has either repeated the eighth grade having not failed and otherwise passed all requirements or had their kid do so and it was with a public program in Maryland.....

Actually it does. Many kids transfer into county schools and repeat in K-8. Rather easy.

Can't be that easy

We tried at FMS and were denied