151 replies to this topic

#21 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:50 AM

With DeM's recruited players and some say the most players in the NFL, maybe DeMatha should be playing for the Super Bowl jbdoormat... But I am NOT saying the DeMatha vs Gorman game doesn't matter, all games should matter. But the way you privates have things setup, your 3 or 4 exhibition non-conference games effectively don't matter outside of "rankings" you all hold near and dear.

BigDroop talked about a great 1980 DeMatha team, although all DeMatha teams seem to be great, only lost one game to so-called "national champions" Moeller. That 1980 year DeMatha lost that one non-conference game, was DeMatha it's league champion? If not, who and that's what I mean about all games should matter. It did then, but not so much nowadays --- My Pet Peeve With You Privates.

jbdoormat, you should craft a bumper sticker that says, "To Be The Best You Should Play and Beat the Best." And for your MIAA I would turn to SFA and ask would that include Paramus and IMG. And for the WHACK WCAC DeMatha, it was the best in 2016, the #1 MD team in beating the best of Avalon, SM Ryken, B McNamara, Arch Carroll, and two games each against Good Counsel and St John's; 8 of their 12 games. If only Loyola were on DeMatha's schedule last season, speaking of the best!!!!!

#22 DayWalker

DayWalker

Vampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,298 posts
  • LocationIn Your Worst Nightmares

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:53 AM

five National Championships ? When and where were they played?

They are "played" each year in Consensus USA.  To that highlander lot, there can only be one:

But in Reality MD among realistic peoples, we have four state champions....  :P

Edited by DayWalker, 19 January 2017 - 05:55 AM.

#23 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:53 AM

Yeah DW at least SFA stepped up and played those teams, who did your vaunted Wise team play. No one. They didn't even play any of the other state champions. If they had played Dmass and won maybe but nope not another champion o schedule.

#24 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:59 AM

And you talk about DM schedule, have you looked at who Wise played weak *** schedule and played 2 teams twice. Yeah that was a real tough road to the State championship, give me a break.

#25 DayWalker

DayWalker

Vampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,298 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:07 AM

Rob I agree with you in those terms, yes no game played. But will it matter if there is a private school championship game played. We will still be having this stupid conversation because you will still have more than one champion in the state. So it really doesn't matter because DW 's pompous *** will still be claiming that it doesn't matter.

jbdoormat,

We have FOUR MD State Champions now and there are no substantive "stupid conversations" about them as to who is the one champion.  They all are champions and so would DeMatha be year in and year out in your private state championships I suggested we now upfront call the DeMatha Invitational 'n Bore Fest...  :P

So for your lot jbdoormat, it really doesn't matter...

#26 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:27 AM

Until they make a State championship where it comes down to one and only one champion its just watered down. Do they have 4 NFL champions, 4 MLB champions, 4 NBA champions nope so when they do it that way we can talk. When Wise or Dmass play each other or play DM which you know they don't want to, I feel the same about your weak schedule champions as you feel about Private schools

#27 DayWalker

DayWalker

Vampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,298 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:37 AM

Yeah DW at least SFA stepped up and played those teams, who did your vaunted Wise team play. No one. They didn't even play any of the other state champions. If they had played Dmass and won maybe but nope not another champion o schedule.

So called "stepping up" and losing just doesn't measure up to the creed of "To Be The Best, Play and BEAT the Best."  Your just step up seems to fall short of your mark jb.  Anyone can take on just about anyone and lose my man.  Didn't Eastern and Friendship Collegiate Academies demonstrate this to you; that one can play the best a lot and lose a lot!!!

Regarding Wise you envy so much, I read a report that indicated only 145 teams of over 16,000 went undefeated last season.  The report stated that's just over 1-percent.  Among these 145 teams - 1%, five were from MD and they were DeMatha -- Fort Hill -- Walkersville --  Damascus -- and Wise.  One was a team of highly recruited mercenaries and the other four were neighborhood hoodies.  All the public teams were in the MD state big show  the previous year with 3 of the 4 returning as defending champions and the 4th team lost by just one point.  You don't question Fort Hill nor Walkersville nor even Damascus, but you have a special bone to pick with Wise..  ENVY????   'Nuff said   :P

Edited by DayWalker, 20 January 2017 - 06:31 AM.

#28 DayWalker

DayWalker

Vampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,298 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:46 AM

Until they make a State championship where it comes down to one and only one champion its just watered down. Do they have 4 NFL champions, 4 MLB champions, 4 NBA champions nope so when they do it that way we can talk. When Wise or Dmass play each other or play DM which you know they don't want to, I feel the same about your weak schedule champions as you feel about Private schools

Until YOU ALL come up with a private state championship and not your league championships or league championship without even a playoff, just SHUT THE PUCK UP underachiever.  :P

#29 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:47 AM

You need to read again, I included Dmass. And for you to say that Publics don't recruit is BS, it's just done in a different way. Oh come to this school, but I don't live in the zone, But we have ROTC. Come to this school, not in zone, but we have a Law program or Chinese. It's the same thing DW you just keep telling yourself that your Publics are clean

#30 DayWalker

DayWalker

Vampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,298 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:18 AM

You need to read again, I included Dmass. And for you to say that Publics don't recruit is BS, it's just done in a different way. Oh come to this school, but I don't live in the zone, But we have ROTC. Come to this school, not in zone, but we have a Law program or Chinese. It's the same thing DW you just keep telling yourself that your Publics are clean

Of course you would include Damascus in your whacky argument but in the publics we didn't know who are the bad@zzes until after it's all done.  Publics is just not like you privates of year in and year out having the usual suspects your better teams.  Hell, you all even have a name for the lot of Top Four albeit you miscount as I see only two tops.  At any rate, I will not rehash the public versus private recruit mercenaries debate, the reclassifying matter, scholarships - financial aid, etc etc etc...  But no one gets paid to play in MD public high schools.  And in looking at Loyola and the over night turn around of Gilman, we can clearly see the results of not paying up in the private ranks....

Write a check jbdoormat for your beloved Loyola but do a better check than the ones your mouth has written around here your sorry underachieving @zz can't cash.....  Just sayin'  :P

Edited by DayWalker, 19 January 2017 - 08:02 AM.

#31 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:28 AM

This will be the biggest game in MD OOS history. Anyone that denies that is frustrated that they or those that they care about are not able to compete in these type of games. BG and DM will most likely start the season ranked in the national top 5.

It also looks like another MIAA/WCAC team will be playing Don Bosco Prep(NJ) in 2017.

#32 city40blast

city40blast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:32 AM

It's like the same argument / discussion in every post lol.

#33 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:45 AM

Yeah Yeah DiclLicker some schools don't pay for football players and Loyola is one of those. The administration doesn't really care much about wins or loses so it doesn't matter how much money is donated to the program. Schools like SFA and Their savior Poggi don't give a crop about anything but winning, take in transfers who already have offers and then try to take credit for those offers. TBH I am glad I am done with high school football in MD.

#34 DayWalker

DayWalker

Vampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,298 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:47 AM

This will be the biggest game in MD OOS history. Anyone that denies that is frustrated that they or those that they care about are not able to compete in these type of games. BG and DM will most likely start the season ranked in the national top 5.

It also looks like another MIAA/WCAC team will be playing Don Bosco Prep(NJ) in 2017.

Guy

There is no such thing as MD OOS history.  DeMatha is playing Gorman for DeMatha and only DeMatha.  Stop trying to hitch your wagon to the state.  Gorman is playing DeMatha and De LaSalle and Mater Dei and whomever for Gorman and not for the "state" of Nevada high school football.  Get over yourselves Stags...your don't represent MD high school football.  No one team does.  For your lot Driveby, DeMatha "starting" the season "ranked" #5 having not played a single down may be the shtyes to you but they will NOT end the season as a MD state champion no matter how ranked things will be for them at the end of the season when you all are done and watching the MD public secondary school championships.  And that's a pity as far as The DayWalker is concerned as you all can surely do a private championship during that down time after your 12-game season.

Edited by DayWalker, 19 January 2017 - 07:52 AM.

#35 DayWalker

DayWalker

Vampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,298 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:54 AM

Yeah Yeah DiclLicker some schools don't pay for football players and Loyola is one of those. The administration doesn't really care much about wins or loses so it doesn't matter how much money is donated to the program. Schools like SFA and Their savior Poggi don't give a crop about anything but winning, take in transfers who already have offers and then try to take credit for those offers. TBH I am glad I am done with high school football in MD.

No you are not...  If you had any balls left and I heard you don't, you'd probably give it up for another season.   :P

Edited by DayWalker, 19 January 2017 - 08:14 AM.

#36 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:17 AM

That comment makes absolutely no sense just like 99% of the BS that comes out of your mouth.

#37 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:19 AM

And you said it Secondary. And that's what it really is

#38 DayWalker

DayWalker

Vampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,298 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:29 AM

That comment makes absolutely no sense just like 99% of the BS that comes out of your mouth.

Yeah, you are not a Loyola graduate so even some not so subtle things may get by you.  I understand.  So let me break it down in simple terms for you jndoormat.  You will be here this time next year all into high school football gnashing teeth over Poggi and The DayWalker kicking your @zz and "your privates" in debate...

#39 DayWalker

DayWalker

Vampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,298 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:30 AM

And you said it Secondary. And that's what it really is

Then what would you rate Loyola football right now....  The school, its buildings I hear are top shelf...  :rolleyes:

Edited by DayWalker, 19 January 2017 - 08:33 AM.

#40 Tomslick

Tomslick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:50 AM

Not impressed with Gorman one bit. Avalon SOS is higher than Gormans along with 10-11 other teams in the state of MD. Then we have several others in the state that have a SOS very similar to Gorman.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users