151 replies to this topic

#41 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:54 AM

I would say they are weak in a strong division, not secondary. And you ain't whippin nobody ***. The Publics play secondary competition for a secondary championship that's all there is to it. And let's just see how many of the city public kids run down to SFA now since they have to meet that new GPA to play. Then you will hear more complaining from those guys about Poggi. Especially when those tuition bills come due after football season is over

#42 aacountyfootball

aacountyfootball

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:57 AM

Gorman beat Bosco, Aquinas, Cedar Hill and Cocoa. There is not a team in Maryland, including Dematha, that would have swept those teams. Gorman was darn good last year. As good as I have ever seen.

#43 DayWalker

DayWalker

Vampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,298 posts
  • LocationIn Your Worst Nightmares

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:26 AM

Gorman beat Bosco, Aquinas, Cedar Hill and Cocoa. There is not a team in Maryland, including Dematha, that would have swept those teams. Gorman was darn good last year. As good as I have ever seen.

Gorman was as good as all the players they brought in from all across Nevada and even out of state.  Hell, Gorman's reach even extends to Hawaii.  But as you said and obviously know aa, the Martell crew from California going back to California will hurt, but for a little while until their replacements are bought brought in...

Seasoned all-star teams will be / should be very good aa....  Come on counselor, it would be news if Gorman bought in a lot of "national" 4 and 5-star talents and not be good.

Edited by DayWalker, 20 January 2017 - 06:41 AM.

#44 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:30 AM

Not impressed with Gorman one bit. Avalon SOS is higher than Gormans along with 10-11 other teams in the state of MD. Then we have several others in the state that have a SOS very similar to Gorman.

SOS means nothing when you beat two teams that finished in the national top 10. Let's say HD Woodson played and beat California #1 St. John Bosco and Florida #1 St. Thomas Aquinas while waltzing through a weak DCIAA schedule....would that not impress you?

#45 aacountyfootball

aacountyfootball

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:32 AM

Gorman was as good as all the players they brought in from all across Nevada and even out of state.  Hell, Gorman's reach even expends to Hawaii.  But as you said and obviously know aa, the Martell crew from California going back to California will hurt, but for a little while until their replacements are bought brought in...

Seasoned all-star teams will be / should be very good aa....  Come on counselor, it would be news if Gorman bought in a lot of "national" 4 and 5-star talents and not be good.

I agree 100%. But not every all star team of hired mercenaries ends up being successful. No disrespect, but St. Johns was evidence of that. I think that Martell is a winner and Gorman may miss that next year regardless of how highly rated their new qb is so Dematha has a shot. As you said, the real goal is to win the wcac. I think that will always be the focus at Dematha but they know they have a cery good team thus year and decided to test them by playing one of the best in the nation.

#46 DayWalker

DayWalker

Vampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,298 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:43 AM

SOS means nothing when you beat two teams that finished in the national top 10. Let's say HD Woodson played and beat California #1 St. John Bosco and Florida #1 St. Thomas Aquinas while waltzing through a weak DCIAA schedule....would that not impress you?

I would be impressed if HD Woodson did what you said with HD Woodson - DC kids.  I would not be impressed if HD Woodson did that with kids from DC and recruited scholarship mercenaries from MD, VA, and Punoho HI.  Just sayin' driveby....

#47 Maroontiger419

Maroontiger419

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:50 AM

Hired mercenaries are kids going to private schools to get a great education and more exposure for colleges. It just sounds silly. Don't act as if some top tier public schools don't receive transfers or seek to get kids to enroll in their specialized education program.

Kudos to DeMatha.

#48 DayWalker

DayWalker

Vampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,298 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:53 AM

I agree 100%. But not every all star team of hired mercenaries ends up being successful. No disrespect, but St. Johns was evidence of that. I think that Martell is a winner and Gorman may miss that next year regardless of how highly rated their new qb is so Dematha has a shot. As you said, the real goal is to win the wcac. I think that will always be the focus at Dematha but they know they have a cery good team thus year and decided to test them by playing one of the best in the nation.

aa, 4-star Tyjon Lindsey is going back to California.  Brendan Hiles, Tyjon's cousin is going back to California.  It's not just Tate Matrell.  Again aa, a test in football involves losing something of great importance if one loses.  How is DeMatha testing itself by playing Gorman if a DeMtha loss does not adversely impact its "real goal to win the WHACK WCAC....."   Come counselor, come on.  You are talking with The DayWalker

#49 aacountyfootball

aacountyfootball

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:06 AM

aa, 4-star Tyjon Lindsey is going back to California. Brendan Hiles, Tyjon's cousin is going back to California. It's not just Tate Matrell. Again aa, a test in football involves losing something of great importance if one loses. How is DeMatha testing itself by playing Gorman if a DeMtha loss does not adversely impact its "real goal to win the WHACK WCAC....." Come counselor, come on. You are talking with The DayWalker

I am only talking to you because I am on a six hour flight. But, if you want to talk, it will have to be about something other than whether Gorman will be a test for Dematha and/or a game of national/local importance. Those two points are facts not worth either of us debating. I have a topic for you. If Wise did seek to schedule a private school for the weekend of September 8, and Wise could schedule Dematha for that weekend but it passed on them and took a more winnable game what would you say? Playing any private school does not advance the ball for them in terms of playoff points, so that argument is out, assuming they took the easier path. People talked big at the podium but got alligator arms when it came time to step up. Come walk with me Daywalker.

Edited by aacountyfootball, 19 January 2017 - 10:08 AM.

#50 DayWalker

DayWalker

Vampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,298 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:19 AM

Hired mercenaries are kids going to private schools to get a great education and more exposure for colleges. It just sounds silly. Don't act as if some top tier public schools don't receive transfers or seek to get kids to enroll in their specialized education program.

Kudos to DeMatha.

Yeah, Kasim Hill, Taron Vincent, Evan Gregory, and so many many many more of your kids flip-flop schools with monies in hand to get that great mercenary school education!!!  Hell, Beau English will end up at the Air Force Academy for a great education and Evan Fochtman will be at Navy for a great education.  But Jabari Laws of a public school Wise with what some of you think is not a great education or exposure will be at West Point.  Go figure!!!

But yes Hack, many schools get transfers.  But publics cannot turn down students otherwise eligible to attend their servicing high school.  Nor can public high schools take kids not eligible to be there.  The penalty in public schools to play an ineligible player regardless of how it comes about even for just one down is forfeit.  What's the penalty within the privates for playing a player in the school not within policy...  Hell, I've heard of kids nearly in the door of some private high schools as incoming 9th graders for things to occur or not occur as expected and these kids reclassify to redo the 8th grade for a better shot the following year to play football.  I simply do not know of a single public middle school that would allow a kid who otherwise progressed and fulfilled the requirements of an 8th-grader to repeat the grade so they would be in a better way to play high school sports.

Come Talk With Me Hack, et. al....

Edited by DayWalker, 19 January 2017 - 10:23 AM.

#51 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:27 AM

I would be impressed if HD Woodson did what you said with HD Woodson - DC kids. I would not be impressed if HD Woodson did that with kids from DC and recruited scholarship mercenaries from MD, VA, and Punoho HI. Just sayin' driveby....

So you hold private schools to a higher standard of high school football?

#52 DayWalker

DayWalker

Vampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,298 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:53 AM

I am only talking to you because I am on a six hour flight. But, if you want to talk, it will have to be about something other than whether Gorman will be a test for Dematha and/or a game of national/local importance. Those two points are facts not worth either of us debating. I have a topic for you. If Wise did seek to schedule a private school for the weekend of September 8, and Wise could schedule Dematha for that weekend but it passed on them and took a more winnable game what would you say? Playing any private school does not advance the ball for them in terms of playoff points, so that argument is out, assuming they took the easier path. People talked big at the podium but got alligator arms when it came time to step up. Come walk with me Daywalker.

aa, what makes you think Wise specifically sought a "private school" game for it's open September 8 weekend????  Wise had an open weekend the county built into schedule plans like it did with most of that county teams after their opening weekend game against SMAC and their league games.  aacounty, PG County has a master scheme they closely follow with a few exceptions that involve two-year commitments for the most part.  Is it possible that DeMatha wouldn't commit to home and away games???  Is that possible?  Does DeMatha have a history of doing that?  We know DeMatha's history of playing Maryland public high school ---  zero for a long as I can recall.  Potomac is one PG county who bucked the county scheme and they were fried for a couple seasons scrambling each season to fill their schedule.  Potomac played 9 regular season games last year because a southern VA's school refs failed to show.  I think it was the season before a so-called booked game in NC was not played.  They were fleece in a return game when they ONCE played a VA team led by former Steelers / Redskins Randle El.

On the otherhand, Calvert Hall has a very solid history of playing a very wide variety of public teams.  Is CHC doing a home and away with Wise and thus more to the liking of Wise.  Whatever Wise's reason was for selecting Calvert it was Wise's choice to make.  But I can tell you this for near certain, Wise's fear of garnering enough points to make the 4A South playoffs is an asinine argument an astute counselor like yourself should know better to not advance, not with The DayWalker.

:D  Yes, lets Walk aa....I may just enjoy this.

#53 nomad974

nomad974

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:11 AM

Its a big game.  I will watch.  But I doubt I will remember who won 2 years after.  However I most likely will remember who won the WCAC.  

On another note.  This is exactly why getting public-private matchups are hard to do.  Teams like DeMatha are not going to give up a game like this (or whatever Florida/NJ/PA etc. game).  

Too much $$$ involved.  

#54 DayWalker

DayWalker

Vampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,298 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:13 AM

So you hold private schools to a higher standard of high school football?

Nope, not necessarily since all private schools are not DeMatha, not now SFA, top to bottom.  But schools that have the pick of the litter regarding athletes and so many other advantages, yes I do hold to a higher standard and that includes Wise and Damascus and et al.  Hell, I held Gilman to a very high standard before it's standard pillar bolted and that football team crashed into a million pieces.  Now I feel sorry for the shattered mess on Roland left behind GA says the checks coming in will fix and very soon.  I have a very low expectation standard for MIAA-A Loyola who you say is a weak team in a strong division.  But that's an understatement since Loyola last year lost all its region games but beat B conference opponents and a losing 1A Baltimore city team.  "That's worse than pathetic" as Snoop on the Wire once said in my expectation standards

So no jbdoormat, I don't have higher standards for schools just because they are private as you never heard me down beyond just stating facts about Arch Carroll, SM Ryken, Palotti, Landon, Riverdale Baptist, et al.  Now my standards or thoughts on my private posters here is all together a different matter.  You all ain't shyte....or then again, you all are shyte.  Am I now clear on that matter....  :D

#55 DayWalker

DayWalker

Vampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,298 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:22 AM

Its a big game.  I will watch.  But I doubt I will remember who won 2 years after.  However I most likely will remember who won the WCAC.  

On another note.  This is exactly why getting public-private matchups are hard to do.  Teams like DeMatha are not going to give up a game like this (or whatever Florida/NJ/PA etc. game).  

Too much $$$ involved.  

And bigDroop and his dcsportsfan lot bring up an issue worth talking about.  Droop related how what Faust did at Moeller launched his Notre Dame tenure.  Could this DeMatha - Central, American Heritage, Gorman foray be the catalyst to shore up Brooks to relocate to Ohio State as they are somewhat talking about.  If you follow the $$$ involved nomadder, someone is making it and Brooks just may want his share of the Benjamins he can only get leaving DeMatha for Ohio State....  Hhmmmmm.... :confused:

#56 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:26 AM

Oh yeah and that City team was involved in your secondary playoffs, so what does that tell you DiclLicker secondary like you said. Weak

#57 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:36 AM

Nope, not necessarily since all private schools are not DeMatha, not now SFA, top to bottom. But schools that have the pick of the litter regarding athletes and so many other advantages, yes I do hold to a higher standard and that includes Wise and Damascus and et al. Hell, I held Gilman to a very high standard before it's standard pillar bolted and that football team crashed into a million pieces. Now I feel sorry for the shattered mess on Roland left behind GA says the checks coming in will fix and very soon. I have a very low expectation standard for MIAA-A Loyola who you say is a weak team in a strong division. But that's an understatement since Loyola last year lost all its region games but beat B conference opponents and a losing 1A Baltimore city team. "That's worse than pathetic" as Snoop on the Wire once said in my expectation standards

So no jbdoormat, I don't have higher standards for schools just because they are private as you never heard me down beyond just stating facts about Arch Carroll, SM Ryken, Palotti, Landon, Riverdale Baptist, et al. Now my standards or thoughts on my private posters here is all together a different matter. You all ain't shyte....or then again, you all are shyte. Am I now clear on that matter.... :D

Very clear that you judge the top privates differently than everyone else. I do too. Kind of surprising that you admit the privates have the best athletes with your "pick of the litter" idiom.

#58 nomad974

nomad974

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:38 AM

For the life of me I dont understand why privates are so enamored with playing publics anyway, when they schedule games like this.

Its like you have a party at the Ritz Carlton but still complain that nobody from the local jook joint will attend your soiree.

#59 DayWalker

DayWalker

Vampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,298 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:51 AM

Oh yeah and that City team was involved in your secondary playoffs, so what does that tell you DiclLicker secondary like you said. Weak

Yep, perhaps half of the 16 1A teams who made it into the playoffs didn't have winning records.  That's the nature of the 1A beast.  And you do have the bragging rights for beating that 4 and 6 1A Edmondson team.  Congrats doormat.  But like your Curley of days gone by, you would have prayed for the rains to wash away Loyola had you booked Fort Hill and those broke back mountain 1A boyz with the entire town of Cumberland in tow came a knockin' (heads) in Loyola Towson.... :D

#60 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:52 AM

And bigDroop and his dcsportsfan lot bring up an issue worth talking about. Droop related how what Faust did at Moeller launched his Notre Dame tenure. Could this DeMatha - Central, American Heritage, Gorman foray be the catalyst to shore up Brooks to relocate to Ohio State as they are somewhat talking about. If you follow the $$$ involved nomadder, someone is making it and Brooks just may want his share of the Benjamins he can only get leaving DeMatha for Ohio State.... Hhmmmmm.... :confused:

Not worth talking about until something actually happens and even then it should only be in a congratulatory manner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users