Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eaglesinsider

2017 DeMatha Schedule

253 posts in this topic

Just curious does anything think the staff at SFA would move over to Curley? Curley at the very least appears to be a more financially secure institution. 

Sure was but alas they failed

Ok, thanks. I remember seeing something was coming down soon. That was 2 months ago.

Damn, you're the Kellyanne Conway of DD's staff! Why should a Baltimore team join the Washington-based league? Oh, because your HC can't stand how SFA won the popular vote and MIAA championship and wants them out of league. Pitiful!

Baltimore team in location only. Kingsley from NC, Miller, Swann, Brightwell and Wiley from Delaware, Robinson from Bowie, John from Lanham, Coley from Aberdeen via ECA and yes 3 from Baltimore Thomas via ECA, McDowell via Douglass and Wright the only non transfer. Sounds like a Baltimore team to me

I pushed for Ryken to join the MIAA when they were an independent. People always complained that it was a long trip even though it'd be for football only. Also, Saints Peter & Paul on the Eastern Shore is a non-football playing MIAA/IAAM member, which means that schools as far away from Easton as Glenelg Country, SJCP and Gerstell are travelling down there for weekday afternoon games. If they're willing to do that, playing a Friday night game at Ryken every other year would be a breeze.

SFA to the WCAC would be a natural fit. Ryken in the MIAA would be immediately competitive with Loyola and could become pretty good seeing as they're the only football-playing private school covering a large part of Southern MD. They also have great facilities.

IMO an SMR move to the MIAA affects....

-The basketball program negatively.

-The lacrosse program positively, assuming it's A conference.

-The football program positively.

-Everything else stays the same.

Travel would increase, but not by much.

Not that bad of a deal.

For pure entertainment value, I'm all for throwing the intellectual towel in the ring and resorting to insults, but damn, you gotta make sure it's a good one. I'm not sure that calling someone Kellyann Conway is an even an insult. I mean...aren't her and Kushner given the most credit for winning the last presidential election of the United States of America? Just because I probably couldn't sit in a room with the woman, doesn't mean that I can't climb out of my feelings enough to know that she gets ish done and is great at her job. Whoever decided to blow this thread up with the promised hope of 72 virgins on the other side gave a fat and lazy attempt.

If ABC eventually does drop out of the WCAC then it seems that would trigger some type of significant restructure of the WCAC.  Bishiop Sullivan for football only has been discussed.  I've heard rumors about Spalding, but I think those are only rumors.  If I had a magic wand I would make a two division DMV Catholic Athletic Conference with a Baltimore and a Washington Division.  Gilman and Mcdonogh would end up having to go independent.  That conference would probably be the toughest conference in the nation. 

Wow, 5 straight posts by people on my "ignore" list. It's so great not having to read piss poor grammar and everything else those idiots spew early in the morning.

DW and Mamba are pro-public school trolls and Guru would back SFA if they openly started paying players since he has family there.

Stay in your Schedule Boy and Game Scores lane and perhaps you would not have so many to ignore....

You only seem to suffer with a mouth full of eagle feathers when you try to talk football and just can't handle responses.  Long gone are your two epic games against Gilman and Gilman for that matter.  You'd "thunk" McD would have been more relevant with Gilman out of the way.  But Nope, SFA has stepped up and that's what got your blue-blood boiling.  And The DayWalker just loves it.

Do you and ignore me as you say while reading and fuming over everything I say.  But I'll never ignore your pompous p_unk @zz.  You are one who just makes my day whenever we chat and I get to bust your McDeesNuts. 

EI, what's the early 2017 Vegas line on SFA and McD?  How about the line on McD winning the Bush League A conference?   :P 

Step down to the WCAC-B for football, yes. Step out of the WCAC completely, absolutely not. The guys that run DM, GZ, and SJC know damn well that Carroll carried the league for several years in the past...If ABC left, that will be an Archdiocese call. Even if they decided to do that, now is not the time with the way that surrounding neighborhood is changing.

ABC has the alumni to compete in the WCAC. They just need the right administration to start the engine again.

Not sure why you think the changing neighborhood has/plays any role in ABC being a great program again. Winning does that! Its also clear that the alumni does close to nothing for the program. Hopefully a B division happens, then theyll have a shot at putting a few winning seasons together, B division title runs and several DCSAA A/AA State title runs. And their past success isnt helping them get kids into the building today, again winning does that.

If ABC eventually does drop out of the WCAC then it seems that would trigger some type of significant restructure of the WCAC. Bishiop Sullivan for football only has been discussed. I've heard rumors about Spalding, but I think those are only rumors. If I had a magic wand I would make a two division DMV Catholic Athletic Conference with a Baltimore and a Washington Division. Gilman and Mcdonogh would end up having to go independent. That conference would probably be the toughest conference in the nation.

The Baltimore-Washington Catholic Athletic Conference would be perfect. McDonogh, Woodberry Forest and Gilman should find a way to get into the IAC.

If ABC eventually does drop out of the WCAC then it seems that would trigger some type of significant restructure of the WCAC.  Bishiop Sullivan for football only has been discussed.  I've heard rumors about Spalding, but I think those are only rumors.  If I had a magic wand I would make a two division DMV Catholic Athletic Conference with a Baltimore and a Washington Division.  Gilman and Mcdonogh would end up having to go independent.  That conference would probably be the toughest conference in the nation. 

Come on counselor!!  If ABC dropped out of the WHACK WCAC on the heels of Ryken's departure (with recent bolts of PVI, O'Connell, GT Prep) there would be no WCAC football to "restructure."  You would be merely a tertiary 5-team entity with only hopes of joining some other entity who would perhaps have you (what's left of the former WCAC) minus reclassify mercenary DeMatha who would be the one to end up independent and not McDonogh and Gilman.

Your cross counselor...  :lol:

Edited by DayWalker

Not sure why you think the changing neighborhood has/plays any role in ABC being a great program again. Winning does that! Its also clear that the alumni does close to nothing for the program. Hopefully a B division happens, then theyll have a shot at putting a few winning seasons together, B division title runs and several DCSAA A/AA State title runs. And their past success isnt helping them get kids into the building today, again winning does that.

ABC's enrollment and almost total lack of full paying students are absolutely crushing the sports program. The influx of wealthy families that are set on building roots in the neighborhood could change that in a hurry. ABC can't start taking the correct steps with their football program until the bottom level needs of the school are addressed. Have you walked the halls there recently? The Archdiocese of Washington runs the show there now because without them, ABC would of shut down years ago. Do you think tey care about a winning football team right now? They just want the place to float on it's own...I thought this was common knowledge in DC.

The Archdiocese of Washington runs the show there now because without them, ABC would of shut down years ago. Do you think tey care about a winning football team right now? They just want the place to float on it's own...I thought this was common knowledge in DC.

I believe the "Archdiocese of Washington runs the show" at Carroll because they own the school and grounds upon which the school rest.  Beats me what you are talking about the school would have shut down years ago when I understand Carroll is a product of three archdiocese schools shutting down to form what's now Carroll, the only catholic archdiocesan high school in DC.  Is this also common knowledge in DC or am I wrong since you know DC so well 'cept how the city was formed from MD and VA and later land returned to VA (your NE boarding school / DeMatha education).

Edited by DayWalker